Mini #509: Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers, Game Over!

Peers
Peers
Goon
Peers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2007 3:31 am

Post by Peers »

Mirth wrote:"Backfired attempt at casusing paranoia among Mafia" sounds like you're ascribing meaning to an event post hoc. Who do you think is suspicious? Because you've been making me uncomfortable with your actions for a while now, and I'd like to get as far inside your head as possible short of imitating Ed Gein.
I never said I wasn't suspicious. I know I am. But after the huge blow-up between me, FlameAxe, and UltimaAvalon... the word 'Unvote' was used. Why? Because I said I was town, they said they were town, and the odd thing... we believed each other despite how much we pissed each other off and everything else we might consider evidence to the contrary.

Think about it. What -possible- reason could I have for saying "Maybe we all have power roles" other than trying to put that suggestion into the Mafia's head? Most people think that I was outing myself as a power role, but they seem to think it was unintentional. I say I was trying to confuse the Mafia. And there's the outside chance that I'm Mafia trying to screw up the players mindless of the fact it would draw attention to myself, in which case, wow, that worked wonders, huh? (Come to think of it, it worked 'wonders' no matter what my intentions about it were...)

Mirth, you've already got your vote on me. If all I've done is make you uncomfortable, then isn't a vote a bit strong? Aren't you already inside my head, and you think it's scummy? Because if not...
Blight
Blight
Goon
Blight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2007 5:17 am

Post by Blight »

Sorry I haven't been around the last couple of days. Been pretty busy.

I was feeling real confident with my Peers vote, until JMar chimed in with the whole "contradiction" statement after having admitted already that he thought Peers "power claim post" was hypothetical.

I know CES is going to call me out on bandwagoning again, but I honestly think JMar screwed up in a big way.

Unvote, Vote: JMar
And behold, I shall be a blight upon the land, and everything I touch shall wither and die.
killerbob
killerbob
Townie
killerbob
Townie
Townie

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2007 5:25 am

Post by killerbob »

OK...so I had been working on a complete summary but that just made me more confused. So I will do this. I made a vote count so I could have a clear picture of where we are in this. I will post it here.

Unofficial Vote Count:

jmar- 3 (PlaysWithSquirrels, Cogito Ergo Scum, Blight)
Peers- 3 (UltimaAvalon, Mirth, jmar)
Flameaxe- 1 (Unright)
originality- 1 (killerbob)

Not voting (4): dybeck, Flameaxe, originality, Peers

7 to lynch.

I don't really have a good reason for my vote still being on originality so
Unvote

I will re-read one more time and post some content tonight. Sorry for my absence.
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2007 6:17 am

Post by Flameaxe »

Peers: My reasons for unvoting were stated, and had nothing to do with you.

Bob: I think UA unvoted too.
Defined by who I dislike, not who I like~
Mirth
Mirth
Congratulations! You are ...
Mirth

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2007 6:47 am

Post by Mirth »

Peers wrote:
Mirth wrote:"Backfired attempt at casusing paranoia among Mafia" sounds like you're ascribing meaning to an event post hoc. Who do you think is suspicious? Because you've been making me uncomfortable with your actions for a while now, and I'd like to get as far inside your head as possible short of imitating Ed Gein.
I never said I wasn't suspicious. I know I am. But after the huge blow-up between me, FlameAxe, and UltimaAvalon... the word 'Unvote' was used. Why? Because I said I was town, they said they were town, and the odd thing... we believed each other despite how much we pissed each other off and everything else we might consider evidence to the contrary.
I do not understand your motivation for posting this. If it is to encourage me to unvote, it has failed.
Think about it. What -possible- reason could I have for saying "Maybe we all have power roles" other than trying to put that suggestion into the Mafia's head? Most people think that I was outing myself as a power role, but they seem to think it was unintentional. I say I was trying to confuse the Mafia. And there's the outside chance that I'm Mafia trying to screw up the players mindless of the fact it would draw attention to myself, in which case, wow, that worked wonders, huh? (Come to think of it, it worked 'wonders' no matter what my intentions about it were...)
Other possible reason? Townie trying to break the game by having those of the non-putty sort among us speculate over the possibility of a non-vanilla game. I don't find your original statement damning in the least, but I don't like your explanation for your current claim.
Mirth, you've already got your vote on me. If all I've done is make you uncomfortable, then isn't a vote a bit strong? Aren't you already inside my head, and you think it's scummy? Because if not...
I consider uncomfortable a sufficient category of suspicion, because it takes at least one dead body for me to get anything more than antsy. I'm not going take my vote off you because I don't find anyone else all that suspicious at the moment. I'm still less than happy with Unright, but I'd like to him to talk some more before I reconsider him. I also honestly don't understand the current wagon on JMar, as I don't find him suspicious at the moment. And no, I'm not already inside your head. Your skull still seems to be intact.
killerbob
killerbob
Townie
killerbob
Townie
Townie

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2007 7:38 am

Post by killerbob »

Flameaxe wrote:Bob: I think UA unvoted too.
I must have missed that one...oh. You mean post 350? Do votes in quotes count? I didn't see an unvote before that. If it did count then The VC would look like this...

Unofficial Vote Count

jmar- 3 (PlaysWithSquirrels, Cogito Ergo Scum, Blight)
Peers- 2 (Mirth, jmar)
Flameaxe- 1 (Unright)

Not voting (6): dybeck, Flameaxe, killerbob, originality, Peers, UltimaAvalon

7 to lynch.
Peers
Peers
Goon
Peers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2007 7:58 am

Post by Peers »

killerbob wrote:
Flameaxe wrote:Bob: I think UA unvoted too.
I must have missed that one...oh. You mean post 350? Do votes in quotes count? I didn't see an unvote before that. If it did count then The VC would look like this...
If they don't, then I died because jmar's vote would be a hammer, I believe.

... which seems a good enough reason for me to do this.

Vote: jmar

Reason: You tried to hammer me! And might've succeeded!
Peers
Peers
Goon
Peers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2007 8:02 am

Post by Peers »

Mirth wrote:I do not understand your motivation for posting this. If it is to encourage me to unvote, it has failed.
It was more like saying "I can't encourage you to unvote, and I just want to make sure you realize I feel nothing I do can make you unvote." Making sure we're both on the same page, as it were.
Other possible reason? Townie trying to break the game by having those of the non-putty sort among us speculate over the possibility of a non-vanilla game. I don't find your original statement damning in the least, but I don't like your explanation for your current claim.
... okay, I failed to think about that possibility. But let's face it... we're all here to play. While some of us might be asshats (and given how I've been acting, I count myself in that number), none of us want to totally ruin the game. Myself included. If I wanted to break games and annoying people, I'd go hack Halo 3 games or something.

As for not liking my explanation for my current claim... if you don't like "It's the truth", well, you won't be happy until I'm dead and the truth is proven. Unfortunately, I'm not willing to off myself to prove it.
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2007 8:17 am

Post by Mirth »

Actually, Jmar wouldn't have killed you. When originality put you at L-1, dybeck unvoted. You're still alive regardless of whether Avalon's unvote counts or not.

Speaking of, Avalon, why unvote in quotes?
Peers
Peers
Goon
Peers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2007 8:39 am

Post by Peers »

Mirth wrote:Actually, Jmar wouldn't have killed you. When originality put you at L-1, dybeck unvoted. You're still alive regardless of whether Avalon's unvote counts or not.
Ah. I missed an unvote in there somewhere.

In which case, that was an OMGUS vote on jmar, 'cause of the two people voting for me, I like him least.
jmar
jmar
Goon
jmar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:18 am

Post by jmar »

Eh, I've said this already multiple times. I didn't read his post closely enough, originality explained it, and I took a closer look. That's all. If you want to vote me for it that's your right. Peers, I never attempted to hammer you, in fact in the post where I voted for you I believe I said that puts you at L-2 if I calculated correctly, and I was pretty sure I had.

Also, isn't OMGUS voting this late in a scum tell? I'm not the most experienced here, so I can't be sure. Someone mentioned something to that effect in one of my other games. Anyways, I'm tempted to do it even when I'm town so I won't hold it against you Peers, but something I found interesting.

You say "what possible reason could I have for saying what you did..." then say you were trying to confuse the Mafia. That's assuming your town. For all I know, you're scum, in which case wouldn't it be completely plausible to say you were trying to confuse the town? Your logic makes no sense.
"Nobody fucks with the Jesus."
dybeck
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
Ooh ooh ooh

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:28 am

Post by dybeck »

I unvoted for a defence. I've seen nothing that makes me happy not to still have a vote at this stage.

Unright still deserves closer scrutiny, but for today,
vote: Peers

Lynch all Liars vote.
Eeny. Meeny. Miney. Vote.
Peers
Peers
Goon
Peers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:55 am

Post by Peers »

dybeck wrote:Unright still deserves closer scrutiny, but for today,
vote: Peers

Lynch all Liars vote.
Cogito Ergo Scum wrote:
Peers wrote:What happened to Lynch All Liars?
Lynch all Liars is a way to prevent people from gambiting in the future, pretty much in the same way you wanted to lynch Avalon to get rid of the jokewagon. However, these LAL lynches often result in mislynches, and LAL is by no means a viable strategy.
*sigh* Once more, I didn't lie.
jmar wrote:You say "what possible reason could I have for saying what you did..." then say you were trying to confuse the Mafia. That's assuming your town. For all I know, you're scum, in which case wouldn't it be completely plausible to say you were trying to confuse the town? Your logic makes no sense.
We get into WIFOM territory there, then. Why would I -want- to say "Oh, but it makes sense if I'm Mafia", especially when my defense is that I'm town? And if I was scum trying to confuse the town... boy, that plan worked me right up to L-1 and might very well get me there again and further, huh?
dybeck
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
Ooh ooh ooh

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2007 10:11 am

Post by dybeck »

Peers. You deliberately tried to mislead. You lied. You can argue that you're not scum. But you lied. You are claiming that you argued that we could all have power roles when you flat knew that couldn't be the case.

As it happens
, I've reflected and

1) I don't think this day needs to end just yet.
2) My gut says Unright. And my gut is usually right.

unvote, vote: Unright
UltimaAvalon
UltimaAvalon
Vote: UltimaAvalon
UltimaAvalon

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2007 10:15 am

Post by UltimaAvalon »

Mirth wrote:why unvote in quotes
Read what the quotes say

or who they're quoting

It makes sense
AlyG: If he's not a joke account then what is he? He starts bandwagons on himself and insults other people.
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2007 10:36 am

Post by Mirth »

I get what the quotes say but why use them?
jmar
jmar
Goon
jmar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2007 10:41 am

Post by jmar »

Peers wrote: We get into WIFOM territory there, then.
Exactly. Which is why your logic makes no sense.
Peers wrote: Why would I -want- to say "Oh, but it makes sense if I'm Mafia", especially when my defense is that I'm town?
What? When did I say you would want to say that? Obviously you wouldn't if you're trying to convince us that you're town, but that's neither here nor there. I was simply disproving your argument.
Peers wrote: And if I was scum trying to confuse the town... boy, that plan worked me right up to L-1 and might very well get me there again and further, huh?
Hey, nobody said it was a good plan.
Unright
Unright
Goon
Unright
Goon
Goon

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2007 2:11 pm

Post by Unright »

dybeck wrote:
As it happens
, I've reflected and

1) I don't think this day needs to end just yet.
2) My gut says Unright. And my gut is usually right.

unvote, vote: Unright
Okay.. what? You and Mirth keep mentioning how suspicious I am, how you don't like me, etc, but you never ask me any direct questions or try to engage me in conversation. All you are making is snide remarks. I am pretty new to this game and I have a pro-town role. I am willing to answer any questions you may have to the best of my ability. So if you've got something to say, say it.
Vote Right -- Unvote Unright!
dybeck
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
Ooh ooh ooh

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2007 8:52 pm

Post by dybeck »

The only thing I'm wondering is what your role is. I don't want you to tell me - I think I'll figure it out. So just sit tight and I'll lynch you/not lynch you once I've decided.

You've told us that you're not a townie. Let's see what else we can eliminate.

And by the way, Unright, I like you just fine. This is nothing personal.
killerbob
killerbob
Townie
killerbob
Townie
Townie

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:07 pm

Post by killerbob »

OK...holy cow. Between the Peers, Flameaxe, UA WIFOM and Peers' Putty claim and Unright's half "pro-town role" claim...I don't really know what to think. I know I don't like dybeck's vote with no evidence.
dybeck wrote:my gut is
usually
right
I also don't like the fact that Unright brought up this WIFOM argument about Team Asshat in the first place. I am not going to say anything more on the subject...I just didn't like it.

At this point for me to put up a top three list would take up more than three slots. So I will use groups.

1. dybeck, jmar
2. Unright, Peers, Blight
3. Flameaxe, UltimaAvalon

Now I realize I just listed 7 of 12 players...but you have all raised my suspicion in one way or another. I am devoting more time to this game from here on out.
dybeck
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
Ooh ooh ooh

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:09 pm

Post by dybeck »

You hate my vote on Unright despite the fact he's in your top scum list, with you quoting the exact same reasons as I did?

Way to make sense, bob.
killerbob
killerbob
Townie
killerbob
Townie
Townie

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:17 pm

Post by killerbob »

When you voted, you didn't give any reasons other than your gut told you to. And that is the only thing I quoted. Anything else I said was my commentary on the thread. I am not arguing your vote...just the way you presented it.
killerbob
killerbob
Townie
killerbob
Townie
Townie

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:19 pm

Post by killerbob »

EBWOP: and if you are refering to me "Quoting" post 393...it wasn't even there when I started to write my post.
jmar
jmar
Goon
jmar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Fri Oct 19, 2007 3:13 am

Post by jmar »

Is it just me or does dybeck voting for Peers, then unvoting and voting for Unright two posts later highly suspicious? One of his reasons was "I don't want this day to end just yet," but most of the Peers bandwagon unvoted. And Unright didn't even say anything to change dybecks mind, he just said he's going with his gut. IDK, seems like it could be a dybeck-Peers connection to me. Make it looks like he's against him, but not really. Something to think about.
Peers
Peers
Goon
Peers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Fri Oct 19, 2007 3:42 am

Post by Peers »

The only way there could be a dybeck-Peers connection is if he's town and fell under the "Peers is scum" spell that pervaded the thread for a while.

If there was a scum-partnership between us, then he took a heck of a risk voting for me back when I was in L-2/L-1 territory. How many games are there where scum bus other scum on day one?

... that's not a rhetorical question, BTW. An answer would be nice...

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”