New York 195: Adventure Mafia - Game over!

Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1600 (ISO) » Wed Jun 01, 2016 3:39 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 1599, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:Oh is that your professional opinion based on your extensive experience with Titus and her methods and all the games you've played where people behaved the same way?
No, it was just really fucking obvious to anyone who was reading along.
copper223
copper223
Jack of All Trades
copper223
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1601 (ISO) » Wed Jun 01, 2016 3:41 am

Post by copper223 »

In post 1502, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:Scum reads, also needs ordering:
copper
In post 1583, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:Copper .... are good town reads for me
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1602 (ISO) » Wed Jun 01, 2016 3:51 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

In post 1542, TehBrawlGuy wrote:>pushed him over the edge
>has literally never indicated suspicion of me

a+ job on the lazy scumwagon
Don’t really buy the “Oh, it didn’t show up in my search”. Game isn’t long enough that you can’t scan through the whole ISO.

So Seth, Titus and Copper are now scum on your wagon. That’s a pretty high concentration given you maybe have 7 to 8 votes.
In post 1540, copper223 wrote:I also thought there was likely 1 scum in the hood and that's why I asked Seth which of those three was his teammate (I thought he was very likely scum and showing him I also had another name in my list would smash his confidence even more).
Why did you leave the escape hatch in that initial post?
In post 181, copper223 wrote:@Seth
Alternatively you can tell me which one,
if any
, of {Robert, I am Innocent, Magma} is also scum.
I’m curious to see because you preemptively gave him an out to say no-one in the question as you phrased it.

Also – did it shake him as you expected it too? If so point to the post / posts that show that please.
In post 1540, copper223 wrote:@Magma
It doesn't make sense to me to focus mostly on player a) but vote player b).
Where did I say that was required at all? You can focus on multiple players at a time in Mafia. Heck in a Large it is pretty much mandatory.
In post 1510, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:how many scum are we looking for realistically? max of 6 I would think? allows for 2 teams of 3 or maybe one team of 5. that's what I'm thinking.
6 would require Town to be loaded for bear on PRs. Not out of the question but something that will have to be assessed as claims and flips occur. The existence of a 4 person Neighborhood has me leaning initially to 5.
In post 1511, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:egg in the scum pile.
Please explain because I can’t understand that at all – he’s one of my strongest Townreads.
In post 1539, Liger_Zero wrote:Getting my footing in this game is troubling, though I am reading Titus and EspeciallyTheLies as town right now.
I have no idea on my neighborhood buddies.

Zakk I don't like his reasoning on his pushes on players, but I am midlly townreading him.
Persivul and Magna I am unsure of, if one is scum I think its more likely Persivul, but that has no basis than just the general vibe of the posts.
So no read on Copper our other Neighborhood member?

On a side note –
In post 1509, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:magna reminds me of Thor with all his annoying questions. still not alignment indicative.
Thor will be greatly insulted if he sees this …
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #1603 (ISO) » Wed Jun 01, 2016 3:52 am

Post by Nahdia »

guys copper is the scum in the hood ok solved glad we got that sorted out.
we're all made of stories | remember to take your b12 | sign up for a GTKAS thread! (request access here)

"I’m going to harness love for epidemiological purposes."
-Zaphkael, 2020
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1604 (ISO) » Wed Jun 01, 2016 3:59 am

Post by Egg »

Magna vs Persivul is clearly town vs town. They aren't afraid of being in a smaller scum pool. So it looks like if there is exactly one scum neighbor, it's Copper.

Titus, remind me why you are flirting with a scum read on me. Is it still because I'm not willing to trust that you are town? And can you show exactly where Copper fell out of your list of scum reads? Because I thought it was after the neighbor claim too.

ETL, same question I asked Titus ^.

ETL's 1511 is basically my exact read on Titus.

I really can't see Persivul egging Titus and Magna on like this as scum. His 1557 is an over reaction towards Titus relating to Persivul's flip though. No one is going to go "OMG Persivul was town. What do you have to say for yourself Titus" unless they were already shitting on her reads. Also, if ETL was scum trying to push awkward wording as a scum slip, why would she concede to Titus that it's BS so easily?

Lowell how do you get that conclusion in 1515?

I'd like to see an actual answer from Titus as far as a second choice for scum in the neighborhood
zakk
zakk
Jack of All Trades
zakk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1605 (ISO) » Wed Jun 01, 2016 3:59 am

Post by zakk »

In post 1557, Persivul wrote:
In post 1530, zakk wrote:why is it you vs. magna?

i had it as liger being town, and you being town, and it being between seth and magna.

but you're saying it's you vs. magna.
implying that you know one of you two is scum.
Seriously? I'm included because I'm the one Titus scum read that's in the hood, so if I do get lynched, my flip will show that Titus is likely scum, or at best she's town with bad reads and shouldn't be a leader.
Yeah but usually people make posts from their own perspective not from the perspective of their number one the detractor
permanently retired

see here for more info
zakk
zakk
Jack of All Trades
zakk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1606 (ISO) » Wed Jun 01, 2016 4:00 am

Post by zakk »

Number one detractor, no the
permanently retired

see here for more info
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1607 (ISO) » Wed Jun 01, 2016 4:03 am

In post 1585, Persivul wrote:My initial thought, and supported by the wiki, was that there was likely a scum in the hood. My plan was to observe the other participants without interacting with them much and decide which was most likely to be scum. I didn't want them to be on guard with me in the hood. Then, in the hood thread, talk about other people and form some associatives.
And this is why you are scum. There’s been a reason I’ve been pressing Copper so hard – the quicker I can sort whether he is scum before the hood opens the better off it is for my ability to parse his neighborhood activity and reads. Same reason I've been questioning you also. And your "Not interacting with the other members" doesn't hold up to scrutiny given your early vote for me re: Lowell's early push.

You specifically going out of your way to not directly interact with the other neighborhood members so they wouldn’t be suspicion of you makes little sense. Possible scum in the neighborhood should have been obvious to you as Town the minute you got your role PM. It was obvious to me and pretty clearly it was obvious to Copper based on his early question to Seth.

Yet you are staging it as some big surprise to the Neighborhood members. It makes sense as a quickly crafted “Oh Shit” excuse when Liger outed the Neighborhood and you had to account for your play not following a Town thought process.

VOTE: Persival

Wagon is go!

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1608 (ISO) » Wed Jun 01, 2016 4:09 am

Post by EspeciallyTheLies »

In post 1600, Persivul wrote:
In post 1599, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:Oh is that your professional opinion based on your extensive experience with Titus and her methods and all the games you've played where people behaved the same way?
No, it was just really fucking obvious to anyone who was reading along.
Clearly it's not because that is not at all the intntion I read behind her words, and if you actually DON'T have any evidence to prove that this is something she does and that it's a viable method of playing, why the fuck are you even saying it?
Art is cool.
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1609 (ISO) » Wed Jun 01, 2016 4:10 am

In post 1601, copper223 wrote:
In post 1502, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:Scum reads, also needs ordering:
copper
In post 1583, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:Copper .... are good town reads for me
I meant cy in the last one, not copper. Got confused cuz I thought cy was in the hood.

That actually helps me a lot, as I think you and pers are more likely scum than magna.
Art is cool.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1610 (ISO) » Wed Jun 01, 2016 4:11 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 1607, MagnaofIllusion wrote:And this is why you are scum. There’s been a reason I’ve been pressing Copper so hard – the quicker I can sort whether he is scum before the hood opens the better off it is for my ability to parse his neighborhood activity and reads.
The part you're missing is that your pressure on Copper is likely to
affect
his neighborhood activity and reads. Someone who thinks they're being scum read might simply minimize hood activity in order to avoid giving associatives. OTOH, someone who thinks they're safe with the neighbors is more likely to open up and give more information. So, it's better to sort the person through their interaction with other people, rather than pressing them yourself.
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1611 (ISO) » Wed Jun 01, 2016 4:12 am

In post 1602, MagnaofIllusion wrote:Please explain because I can’t understand that at all – he’s one of my strongest Townreads.
Egg read is totally gut. I can't place my finger on it but the ISO feels really off. A lot of the "discussion" comes across as forced and LAMISTy, and definitely "peace-maker"-y, which rubs me the wrong way as I don't really see town functioning that way so early on.
Art is cool.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1612 (ISO) » Wed Jun 01, 2016 4:15 am

Can you explain this short-hand? I've seen it several times from you and can't parse it to save my life.

Look at me I'm saving Town?

Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1613 (ISO) » Wed Jun 01, 2016 4:15 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 1604, Egg wrote:Magna vs Persivul is clearly town vs town. They aren't afraid of being in a smaller scum pool. So it looks like if there is exactly one scum neighbor, it's Copper.
Why not liger? He came in, outed the hood, got in step with Titus and ETL, and hasn't done anything else.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1614 (ISO) » Wed Jun 01, 2016 4:17 am

In post 1610, Persivul wrote:The part you're missing is that your pressure on Copper is likely to affect his neighborhood activity and reads.
Someone who thinks they're being scum read might simply minimize hood activity in order to avoid giving associatives.
OTOH, someone who thinks they're safe with the neighbors is more likely to open up and give more information. So, it's better to sort the person through their interaction with other people, rather than pressing them yourself.
I like how you cropped your response to weed out the pesky part where I laid out why it made no sense for any of the Neighbors to be immediately at ease with the rest and thus renders this response moot.

And the bolded, which you are floating as what scum would do, is exactly what you've done most of the day ... minimize your interactions to miminize associations.

Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1615 (ISO) » Wed Jun 01, 2016 4:23 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 1614, MagnaofIllusion wrote:And the bolded, which you are floating as what scum would do, is exactly what you've done most of the day ... minimize your interactions to miminize associations.
Apples and oranges. It's not like I was going to interact significantly with all 20 other people today anyway.

But, with your vote on me, I'm not as concerned about you.
copper223
copper223
Jack of All Trades
copper223
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1616 (ISO) » Wed Jun 01, 2016 4:24 am

Post by copper223 »

In post 1613, Persivul wrote:Magna vs Persivul is clearly town vs town. They aren't afraid of being in a smaller scum pool. So it looks like if there is exactly one scum neighbor, it's Copper.
This is an interesting way to phrase it, what happens when there isn't exactly 1 instead?
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1617 (ISO) » Wed Jun 01, 2016 4:25 am

In post 1602, MagnaofIllusion wrote:Thor will be greatly insulted if he sees this …
:lol: Does he not like you? The both of you are very similar in play-style to me. Also I ♥ Thor
Art is cool.
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1618 (ISO) » Wed Jun 01, 2016 4:26 am

In post 1604, Egg wrote:clearly town vs town
@Magna - also stuff like this ^ is so sketch.
Art is cool.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1619 (ISO) » Wed Jun 01, 2016 4:27 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 1616, copper223 wrote:
In post 1613, Persivul wrote:Magna vs Persivul is clearly town vs town. They aren't afraid of being in a smaller scum pool. So it looks like if there is exactly one scum neighbor, it's Copper.
This is an interesting way to phrase it, what happens when there isn't exactly 1 instead?
^Note that that's a quote of Egg, not me.
copper223
copper223
Jack of All Trades
copper223
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1620 (ISO) » Wed Jun 01, 2016 4:27 am

Post by copper223 »

In post 1602, MagnaofIllusion wrote:I’m curious to see because you preemptively gave him an out to say no-one in the question as you phrased it.

Also – did it shake him as you expected it too? If so point to the post / posts that show that please.
If his personality was of the type that instinctively defends his teammates and he quickly replied nobody, that would have been a nice little scum slip (how is seth_town supposed to know there are none?), so I was happy to give him that out (quickly answering nobody not only would have confirmed him as scum, it would have strongly indicated there was at least one there).

It did not appear to faze in him at all.
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1621 (ISO) » Wed Jun 01, 2016 4:28 am

[quote="In post 1604, Egg"]remind me why you are flirting with a scum read on me.[/quot]
I'm not. I have you as a full scum read.
Art is cool.
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1622 (ISO) » Wed Jun 01, 2016 4:29 am

lol QUOT fail.
Art is cool.
copper223
copper223
Jack of All Trades
copper223
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1623 (ISO) » Wed Jun 01, 2016 4:29 am

Post by copper223 »

EBWOP
This is an interesting way to phrase it, what happens when there isn't exactly 1 instead?[/quote]
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1624 (ISO) » Wed Jun 01, 2016 4:30 am

In post 1607, MagnaofIllusion wrote:Possible scum in the neighborhood should have been obvious to you as Town the minute you got your role PM
Fuckin A exactly. Magna can be town.
Art is cool.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”