New York 195: Adventure Mafia - Game over!

SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1450 (ISO) » Tue May 31, 2016 7:49 am

Post by SirCakez »

In post 1448, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:
@mod: I do believe given the high percentage of players who were V/LA over the last week, an extension of at least 48 hours would be reasonable. Whatdya say? ♥
I plan to give an extension once I get the empty slots filled.
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #1451 (ISO) » Tue May 31, 2016 7:50 am

Post by Titus »

That's the point. It is decided by the mod pregame. Most neighborhoods beyond 3 have a scum of any given faction. It's not universally true, but usually is. Setups tend to be balanced on it. Check the wiki.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Liger_Zero
Liger_Zero
Mafia Scum
Liger_Zero
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1452 (ISO) » Tue May 31, 2016 7:55 am

Post by Liger_Zero »

In post 1451, Titus wrote:That's the point. It is decided by the mod pregame. Most neighborhoods beyond 3 have a scum of any given faction. It's not universally true, but usually is. Setups tend to be balanced on it. Check the wiki.
I mean, likelyhood and probability then don't really play a part though.
Because it wasn't randomized in those fashions I assume.

I can reveal it but I feel like if I do you are going to just attempt to lynch a neighbor over anyone else right now. Which concerns me because I don't even have reads on them.
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1453 (ISO) » Tue May 31, 2016 7:56 am

Post by EspeciallyTheLies »

In post 1449, Liger_Zero wrote:I don't really want to reveal anyone unless I scumread them.
I don't want you FoS them based on just neighborhood likelyhood? Isn't it decided by the mod beforehand?
Yes but as this is a Normal-classified game, it must follow certain rules. Experienced players who are familiar with these rules can often speculate about the setup given some information. Success of this can go both ways, but more information is always better for town.

The other thing is, how well do you trust yourself to read people within the hood correctly in order to relay that information to us, rather than allow your team mates to help you read people? In my opinion, it's better to provide the info. It's up to you, certainly, and I do understand not wanting to "out" hood-members, but in this case, that fear is generally only expressed by mafia, so if there is someone in the hood telling you they don't want to be outed, I'd be wary of that person in particular.

There's more to the theory behind it - I'd be happy if you revealed the members, but not terribly heartbroken if you chose not to.
Art is cool.
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1454 (ISO) » Tue May 31, 2016 7:58 am

Why the fuck am I not seeing any goddamn p-edit posts?!?!??
Art is cool.
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1455 (ISO) » Tue May 31, 2016 8:00 am

In post 1450, SirCakez wrote:
In post 1448, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:
@mod: I do believe given the high percentage of players who were V/LA over the last week, an extension of at least 48 hours would be reasonable. Whatdya say? ♥
I plan to give an extension once I get the empty slots filled.
You're the best!
Art is cool.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1456 (ISO) » Tue May 31, 2016 8:01 am

Post by Titus »

@Liger, I would strongly prefer if you did reveal who was in the hood, but if it reaches D3 and we don't know who is there, I will very likely need to know assuming I am alive.

wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Neighbor
If you are one of three Neighbors, chances are reasonable that one of the other Neighbors is scum.
If you are one of four Neighbors, chances are very good that at least one of the other Neighbors is scum.
If there are multiple Neighborhoods in the same game, chances are very good that at least one of them has a scum Neighbor.
If you are one of more than four Neighbors, it is nearly certain that at least one representative of every anti-town faction is in the Neighborhood.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1457 (ISO) » Tue May 31, 2016 8:02 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

In post 1432, copper223 wrote:Given the above I find it hard to swallow that your accusation that being a LHF is a determinant for me going after a certain player comes from magma_town.

Being an LHF and being scummy is a determinant for how much pressure I will put on you, that's true and I already explained why that makes sense.

I strongly disagree that LHF is alignment indicative, if you consider anecdotal evidence proof (which is a fallacy) it is actually scum indicative in my games sample size.
You are spinning this in a way that either comes from scum OMGUSing getting called out or complete lack of understanding of my point.

I don’t care what assessment you make on LHF’s as to why you focusing intently on them is scummy. I care that you focus on mostly to the exclusion of other players. As I’ve already stated not pressuring experienced players just because they are experienced is scummy in my mind, especially coming from an experienced player. You’ve brought up a Town-read on Egg as counter-evidence but that supports my point. You only are interested in me at all because I’m questioning your play.

What point are you making about LHF being alignment indicative? Of course it isn’t. If you think I’ve said that you are either misreading or purposefully trying to frame my argument in a negative light. But the relative low number of them (as you evidenced above) in this game means it is entirely possible that none of them are scum. Which is why I find your focus there suspect .
In post 1432, copper223 wrote:How do you know what my state of mind is while doing something? That sounds like narrative peddling from scum, if you think I'm scum based on my play don't introduce elements like how happy or sad I am about doing something as those are unverifiable by definition.
So you are going to hide behind a semantics argument (word choice isn’t proper) and some buzz-word terminology to suggest that the point is invalid?
In post 1432, copper223 wrote:The rest is nicely worded but and idealistic if true but not the way to go. In Shaman, a game Egg was in, Brian skies knew I was scum from the middle of D2, he wasted his time arguing with me which resulted in most of the rest of town calling it a TvT and helped me cover for my other teammate TTH (whom Brian also had a scumread on, in fact he decided I had to be her teammate because I was sabotaging his push on her, which was true). If he had gone about it in the proper order, first gain support to lynch TTH, and only then, once you have shown the rest of town that they can trust your reads tackle copper, he would have likely won the game, as is he lost despite his good reads.
Anecdotal evidence from a single game isn’t really relevant to this game. Should I find counter-examples where strong Mafia suspects getting suspected and lynched / Vigged breaks the game open for Town as a counter?

Yes, I am being a smart-ass with that last line but my point is absolutely correct.
In post 1432, copper223 wrote:
Anecdotal evidence is once again not proof
(at most it may show why I may be biased and call it a tell when it may be null and in that case wgeurts did it as newbie scum in the first game he played on site, off the top of my head), given the opposition and the remarks that some players do it as a quirk I've read I may have to can the tell in the future though.
If you your bolded stance is true why bother to use it above?
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1458 (ISO) » Tue May 31, 2016 8:04 am

In post 1452, Liger_Zero wrote:Which concerns me because I don't even have reads on them.
This leads me to believe that you feel your ability to read those people is better than anyone else on the playerlist. Is this the case? What does your read on those people have to do with allowing others to get a better handle on them?
Art is cool.
Liger_Zero
Liger_Zero
Mafia Scum
Liger_Zero
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1459 (ISO) » Tue May 31, 2016 8:05 am

Post by Liger_Zero »

I mean I guess it can't do that much harm?
Its Me, copper223, Persivul, and MagnaofIllusion.
Liger_Zero
Liger_Zero
Mafia Scum
Liger_Zero
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1460 (ISO) » Tue May 31, 2016 8:06 am

Post by Liger_Zero »

In post 1458, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:
In post 1452, Liger_Zero wrote:Which concerns me because I don't even have reads on them.
This leads me to believe that you feel your ability to read those people is better than anyone else on the playerlist. Is this the case? What does your read on those people have to do with allowing others to get a better handle on them?
This tells me you have a big ego.
zakk
zakk
Jack of All Trades
zakk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1461 (ISO) » Tue May 31, 2016 8:07 am

Post by zakk »

Oooo that's interesting. Not a fan of Titus pushing for so much info from liger right off the bat, but I find myself wanting to know too. I'm a sucker for free info.

Deadline extension much appreciated btw

Liger claiming the hood makes him more likely town, imo
I don't see scum claiming that right off the bat.
permanently retired

see here for more info
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1462 (ISO) » Tue May 31, 2016 8:08 am

In post 1460, Liger_Zero wrote:
I'm just trying to get you to consider that this is a team game and bouncing ideas off other players can be really helpful as town.
Art is cool.
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1463 (ISO) » Tue May 31, 2016 8:09 am

In post 1461, zakk wrote:Liger claiming the hood makes him more likely town, imo
I felt the same.
Art is cool.
Liger_Zero
Liger_Zero
Mafia Scum
Liger_Zero
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1464 (ISO) » Tue May 31, 2016 8:09 am

Post by Liger_Zero »

In post 1462, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:I'm just trying to get you to consider that this is a team game and bouncing ideas off other players can be really helpful as town.
If you want an honest answer, I think my ability to read players is above average, but I in no way assume I am better than anyone in this game, since i have never played with any of you.
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1465 (ISO) » Tue May 31, 2016 8:11 am

Has there been a lot of discussion in the hood, Liger? By any one person in particular?

p-edit: I probably worded than worse than intended - it wasn't a judgement of you or your ability; it was more about using the other players as a resource.
Art is cool.
Liger_Zero
Liger_Zero
Mafia Scum
Liger_Zero
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1466 (ISO) » Tue May 31, 2016 8:11 am

Post by Liger_Zero »

In post 1465, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:Has there been a lot of discussion in the hood, Liger? By any one person in particular?

p-edit: I probably worded than worse than intended - it wasn't a judgement of you or your ability; it was more about using the other players as a resource.
The hood is only open at night, so zero discussion.
zakk
zakk
Jack of All Trades
zakk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1467 (ISO) » Tue May 31, 2016 8:13 am

Post by zakk »

In post 1460, Liger_Zero wrote:
LOL :lol: :lol: :lol:
permanently retired

see here for more info
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1468 (ISO) » Tue May 31, 2016 8:15 am

Post by Titus »

In post 1459, Liger_Zero wrote:I mean I guess it can't do that much harm?
Its Me, copper223, Persivul, and MagnaofIllusion.
Thank you. This helps tremendously. It also reaffirms that my reads list is indeed viable.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1469 (ISO) » Tue May 31, 2016 8:15 am

Post by Titus »

In post 1463, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:
In post 1461, zakk wrote:Liger claiming the hood makes him more likely town, imo
I felt the same.
Me three.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Liger_Zero
Liger_Zero
Mafia Scum
Liger_Zero
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1470 (ISO) » Tue May 31, 2016 8:16 am

Post by Liger_Zero »

In post 1461, zakk wrote:Oooo that's interesting. Not a fan of Titus pushing for so much info from liger right off the bat, but I find myself wanting to know too. I'm a sucker for free info.

I am curious on why you think because of revealing the hood I am more likely town?
I mean given my thoughts earlier, I thought everyone was in a hood. Could I not have made a mistake and thought they were public knowledge already? So me confirming it essentially is just me relaying or reconfirming something someone else already said.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1471 (ISO) » Tue May 31, 2016 8:17 am

Post by Titus »

In post 1470, Liger_Zero wrote:
In post 1461, zakk wrote:Oooo that's interesting. Not a fan of Titus pushing for so much info from liger right off the bat, but I find myself wanting to know too. I'm a sucker for free info.

I am curious on why you think because of revealing the hood I am more likely town?
I mean given my thoughts earlier, I thought everyone was in a hood. Could I not have made a mistake and thought they were public knowledge already? So me confirming it essentially is just me relaying or reconfirming something someone else already said.
Scum on this site generally have pregame discussion. As such, they would know not everyone was in a neighborhood.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1472 (ISO) » Tue May 31, 2016 8:20 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

In post 1436, Egg wrote:Magna, yes I've townread drmy and Brawl all game. My read on drmy has weakened somewhat and my townread on Brawl has strengthened, but they've both been town reads all game. Can you quote the back and forth between you and ETL or at least tell me where it was? I don't remember it and scum don't usually think to fake things like that. It's not like it's the basis of my read anymore or anything but it would be nice to know the full context of it if I've missed something.
It starts at where ETL started her “Titus is coaching Ircher” with the assumption scum don’t have daytalk.

My response to this is at . I had reservations about ETL not bothering to look up the Normal standards for Daytalk in relation to the Titus coaching attack.

ETL responds at with the excuse she doesn’t play normal. I respond at basically saying that she’s experienced enough to have done the legwork and should have known the coaching attack required game circumstances she shouldn’t be able to know as Town.

So I suspected ETL for that jump. Brawl then floated the “Multiball isn’t Normal is it” and then did precisely what I said someone experienced should be doing.

Draw your own conclusions. Given I’ve been scum-reading Brawl for a significant part of the day it stood out to me.
In post 1440, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:Looks like you are catching up so I assume you will come across the quote I made later on, but it turned out to be a misunderstanding of language.
I’ve now had time to review your ISO. If you thought that was a slip why didn’t you vote when you posted your thoughts?
In post 1441, Persivul wrote:I don't know if it's larges in general or this game in particular, but no wagon has come close yet to actually putting pressure on someone, so my vote didn't concern me that much. In minis or micros I usually make sure to have it where I want it.
So wait … it’s a Large game where more votes are required to get strong wagons going. And you’ve parked your wagon much of the day because “no good wagons are forming”?
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #1473 (ISO) » Tue May 31, 2016 8:21 am

Post by Nahdia »

inb4 the PT liger saw is actually the scumread.
we're all made of stories | remember to take your b12 | sign up for a GTKAS thread! (request access here)

"I’m going to harness love for epidemiological purposes."
-Zaphkael, 2020
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #1474 (ISO) » Tue May 31, 2016 8:21 am

Post by Nahdia »

the scum thread.

wrods are hard.
we're all made of stories | remember to take your b12 | sign up for a GTKAS thread! (request access here)

"I’m going to harness love for epidemiological purposes."
-Zaphkael, 2020

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”