New York 195: Adventure Mafia - Game over!

zakk
zakk
Jack of All Trades
zakk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1275 (ISO) » Sat May 28, 2016 3:50 pm

Post by zakk »

Egg, brawl, ircher, me, and Persivul should all vote together in a block. Expedience and projectmatt are also invited.

Thoughts?
permanently retired

see here for more info
cytheflyguy
cytheflyguy
Goon
cytheflyguy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1276 (ISO) » Sat May 28, 2016 5:39 pm

Post by cytheflyguy »

I probably might be off for saying this as I don't have much ground for saying much lol, but for what people are saying (with her fearmongering and being a hypocrite and all). I'll try to do an ISO of her later, but until then.

VOTE: Titus

I am only semi-useless now yaaaaaaaay!
zakk
zakk
Jack of All Trades
zakk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1277 (ISO) » Sat May 28, 2016 5:44 pm

Post by zakk »

^this seems very town regardless of titus' alignment.
permanently retired

see here for more info
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1278 (ISO) » Sat May 28, 2016 5:50 pm

Post by drmyshottyizsik »

Mod
: With out talking about on going games I will just say either replace me or replace Seth, and for why check the bans thread. I refuse to play with them.
#freeShotty
zakk
zakk
Jack of All Trades
zakk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1279 (ISO) » Sat May 28, 2016 5:58 pm

Post by zakk »

In post 1278, drmyshottyizsik wrote:
Mod
: With out talking about on going games I will just say either replace me or replace Seth, and for why check the bans thread. I refuse to play with them.
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 9#p7950184

same. i recommend force-replace. that's awful.
permanently retired

see here for more info
Expedience
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1280 (ISO) » Sat May 28, 2016 6:02 pm

Post by Expedience »

We could lynch the slot?

I don't think that they can be force replaced because the point of the ban is that it's only joining new games, it doesn't cover that.
Killthestory
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1281 (ISO) » Sat May 28, 2016 6:05 pm

Post by Killthestory »

I personally don't care
Expedience
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1282 (ISO) » Sat May 28, 2016 6:07 pm

Post by Expedience »

Indeed, it seems that all you care about is being townread.
zakk
zakk
Jack of All Trades
zakk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1283 (ISO) » Sat May 28, 2016 6:09 pm

Post by zakk »

scum must be reveling in all these potential mislynch options

this is fucking cringeworthy.
permanently retired

see here for more info
Killthestory
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1284 (ISO) » Sat May 28, 2016 6:13 pm

Post by Killthestory »

no like disregarding the game I don't think he should be lynched or force replaced, but I don't care enough to push it.
TehBrawlGuy
TehBrawlGuy
Mafia Scum
TehBrawlGuy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1285 (ISO) » Sat May 28, 2016 6:55 pm

Post by TehBrawlGuy »

In post 1275, zakk wrote:Egg, brawl, ircher, me, and Persivul should all vote together in a block. Expedience and projectmatt are also invited.

Thoughts?
I like this whole block except for Ircher. If we can agree on a good target (i.e. Heur/seth) it seems sensible.
I don't have anything to put here because my normal signature is images. Weeeeee.
zakk
zakk
Jack of All Trades
zakk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1286 (ISO) » Sat May 28, 2016 7:22 pm

Post by zakk »

nothing wrong with ircher being in the block as long as he votes who we vote.
doesn't matter who's in the block as long as they vote how they're told.

this isn't a town block. it's a vote block guided by popular demand.

and we don't let anyone get away with coasting due to being part of the block. this doesn't give anyone an excuse for anything. if other people want to vote with us great. if not, fine by us. but i think we can probably all agree on decent lynches.

personally i would think you and ircher would be inclined to be up for this type of thing, seeing as you guys have wagons on you already, and i'm assuming this vote block would be targeting outside itself.

and if we think someone is town, and they're down, we can add them.

yea?
permanently retired

see here for more info
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #1287 (ISO) » Sat May 28, 2016 7:26 pm

Post by Titus »

Umm pardon me but whose demand. That block has three scum in it, at least.

So you can kiss my ass on this block.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1288 (ISO) » Sat May 28, 2016 7:35 pm

Post by projectmatt »

The block is a silly idea, IMO. I know that the intention is noble, but it sounds like a really easy way for players to coast or not form reads of their own based on the idea of "voting in a block". Also, I highly doubt that the majority of the people in that block will agree on one vote.
TehBrawlGuy
TehBrawlGuy
Mafia Scum
TehBrawlGuy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1289 (ISO) » Sat May 28, 2016 9:59 pm

Post by TehBrawlGuy »

Brawl, which of Nahdia's posts did you think were "really good"? I agree with the rest of the reads you posted here, but I don't understand this one.
Off the top of my head, the read walls as she was catching up. I don't really see a scum motive for that, when she's very clearly not playing for townpoints in every other post. The fact that they hardly changed is indicative of a real reads list to me, as I think she if she were faking it, she would have been more apt to change her "reads" more.
In post 1286, zakk wrote:nothing wrong with ircher being in the block as long as he votes who we vote.
doesn't matter who's in the block as long as they vote how they're told.

this isn't a town block. it's a vote block guided by popular demand.

and we don't let anyone get away with coasting due to being part of the block. this doesn't give anyone an excuse for anything. if other people want to vote with us great. if not, fine by us. but i think we can probably all agree on decent lynches.

personally i would think you and ircher would be inclined to be up for this type of thing, seeing as you guys have wagons on you already, and i'm assuming this vote block would be targeting outside itself.

and if we think someone is town, and they're down, we can add them.

yea?
I'm down with it as long as we kick out/lynch anyone coasting because lolblock.
I don't have anything to put here because my normal signature is images. Weeeeee.
Killthestory
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1290 (ISO) » Sat May 28, 2016 10:06 pm

Post by Killthestory »

In post 1285, TehBrawlGuy wrote:
In post 1275, zakk wrote:Egg, brawl, ircher, me, and Persivul should all vote together in a block. Expedience and projectmatt are also invited.

Thoughts?
I like this whole block except for Ircher. If we can agree on a good target (i.e. Heur/seth) it seems sensible.
LOL THIS BLOCK IS

T R A S H T I E R
Aneninen
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Very Important Pigeon
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1291 (ISO) » Sat May 28, 2016 10:57 pm

Post by Aneninen »

Catching-up soon.
Aneninen
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Very Important Pigeon

Post Post #1292 (ISO) » Sat May 28, 2016 11:25 pm

Post by Aneninen »

In post 1135, SirCakez wrote:
Vulgar insults like this (specifically the contents of the spoiler) are not acceptable.
Oh, cut it out, I was laughing hard when I had read it. I even told about it to others at my workplace (they know I'm playing Mafia), commenting: "lol, someone has just described what I do in every single game".
In post 1149, zakk wrote:as scum when i think someone's an easy lynch i'll take it. sitting on a wagon is easy.
however when i'm town i get dissatisfied easy and jump around a lot.

obv take that with a grain of salt but there it is.
Uhhh. As for this, I remember townreading you in KillerInstinct and I named your partners correctly.
So, even if self-meta, this may be true. But I have salt in my kitchen and I'm willing to use it soon.
In post 1164, Nahdia wrote:i'll discuss other potential lynches with u but this is my vote lol.
I can see two possible motivations behind your posts; one is prob-town, one is prob-scum.
Answer this:
Who
else
are you scumreading and
why
?
In post 1171, drmyshottyizsik wrote:
In post 1136, SirCakez wrote:
Jester is explicitly non-Normal and wil never be in a Normal game.
with this I'll hop on the seth wagon. These last few posts, and a few before that I glazed over and probably should have looked closer at but was too busy tunneling ircher and confbiasing myself, have been either scum or at the very least bad enough to warrant a pl.
VOTE: seth
It gave me the opposite vibes.
In post 1171, drmyshottyizsik wrote: I'll have my computer back this weekend so I should be able to get a better grasp here and do a re read without focusing only on the 3 people I have tunneled thus far.
That would be great.
In post 1173, Lowell wrote:I'm all-in on team nahdia.
VOTE: anen
I think he's crumbling.
TL;DR! ^_^
In post 1174, Titus wrote:He's not. I took advantage of him for this personality before as scum. If it's a personality based argument, I'm not voting Anen.
I'm wondering whether your townread is real or you're just whiteknighting me.
In post 1175, MagnaofIllusion wrote:So your pool of players you accuse of going after low-hanging fruit is Heur, Seth and Cy (who are low hanging fruit themselves so that accusation really doesn’t apply since it only is useful in reading well seasoned players).
Hell looking at Nahdia’s join date I’d likely throw her in that pool as well.
I don't care a lot about joining dates.
Players may have RL experience, off-site experience, may be alts, but most importantly: relatively new players are wild-cards. And they should never be under-estimated or called bad. I learnt it in the hard way.
In post 1175, MagnaofIllusion wrote:So that leaves Zakk. His join date makes it a valid tell to use on him. Do you scum read Zakk for it then?
See above!
I know I'm speaking against myself but that's hardly a tell.
Sometimes I break down or start raging regardless of alignment, sometimes not.
My posting style tells much more about my RL. And in these days I haven't been caring that much about Mafia as I could (should?) have.
In post 1178, TehBrawlGuy wrote:I moved to HA with the pressure because there was a good case on him posted, which prompted me to ISO him and see that his ISO was shit. I don't go around randomly ISOing low-content players usually. Voting someone because a case was posted on them is pretty standard.
Or pretty lazy.
In post 1178, TehBrawlGuy wrote:Why the hell would I comment on my own wagon? FMPoV, it's a wagon on town. I'd rather discuss wagons on potential Scum. If I get you off of me, but you just ML someone else, I don't gain anything.
Wait-oh.
What if you started scumhunting instead?
At least you could have told us who you thought was scum on your wagon.
In post 1189, Ircher wrote:Between Magna and you, and my V/LA, I guess I could compromise there.
VOTE: Brawl
Erm... why were you so willing to compromise on someone who you weren't scumreading?
In post 1194, drmyshottyizsik wrote:
In post 1189, Ircher wrote:Between Magna and you, and my V/LA, I guess I could compromise there.

VOTE: Brawl
Seriously as soon as I unvote you, you unvote me are you kidding me!
VOTE: ircher
I can't believe I almost let people talk me off this. Ircher needs to die. I can't think straight until then. If he isn't scum then I will never play with him again.
:facepalm:
Weren't you telling us that you would start focusing on other players too?
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1293 (ISO) » Sat May 28, 2016 11:28 pm

Post by Persivul »

Thoughts?
What do you think about voting ETL?

Regarding ETL:
- sounds fake to me. She ISOd 4 people, makes no mention (town or scum) of what she found on the other three. In she said she chose "the first 4 alphabetically. I usually copy the list into excel and type notes but I get bored quickly." So, she supposedly also ISOd Aneninen, copper, and cy. Searching her ISO, Aneninen isn't even mentioned. copper is a significant part of the discussion, but she makes no mention of what she learned on ISO, and says "I don't actually have reads on either ircher or copper. I am bad at reading newbies." After checking his games she should have some idea on him. With cy, she criticizes the wagon on him as lazy, but again makes no mention of meta.

- "p-edit i'm actually kind of town reading magnus but i'm wary because i get the feeling he's incredibly skilled at being scum."

- "I don't actually have reads on either ircher or copper. I am bad at reading newbies." 325 - "ircher's newbietown AF imo." 330 - "i didn't say he was obvtown. i said he looked super newbtown." She went from bad at being newbies, to knowing what looks newbtown AF or super newbtown.

- "how is cy the top wagon with only 2 posts?" is disingenuous, or shows she's not reading. zakk clearly explained that he saw the Ircher wagon as a trap for lazy scum to jump onto, and some people accepted that reasoning. She can disagree with it, but asking how it came to be is bad when it was spelled out clearly.

- Titus seems to be rebuffing a buddying attempt, but ETL charges her with coaching

- "Titus I suspect you and Ircher are both scum together, and of the two, you are the more dangerous. I'm happy to vote Ircher as well if it comes to that - he certainly seems like someone you've been trying to keep alive." But earlier, Ircher was newbtown AF and super newbtown.

Will continue if you need more. Plus, I've played twice with ETL. She was town once and scum once. Her tone as town was ruder and more aggressive. This game is more like her scum game. She eventually became obnoxious in that one as well, but she kept her cool on D1 for the most part.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1294 (ISO) » Sat May 28, 2016 11:29 pm

Post by Persivul »

In post 1276, cytheflyguy wrote:I probably might be off for saying this as I don't have much ground for saying much lol, but for what people are saying (with her fearmongering and being a hypocrite and all). I'll try to do an ISO of her later, but until then.

Titus is a bad lynch for today.

But, she would be an excellent choice for a cop tonight.
Aneninen
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Very Important Pigeon

Post Post #1295 (ISO) » Sun May 29, 2016 12:17 am

Post by Aneninen »

In post 1207, Egg wrote:Aneninen, did you read my points against Ircher?
? Or was there something newer?
As for Ircher, what do you think of his jump on TheBrawl?

Heuristic's . All those reads (apart from the Copper-read) were empty and fence-sitty. Titus is lean-town, but hard to read as scum. You don't like Shotty's posts, wouldn't be surprised if he flipped scum but his style is not necessarily a scumtell. Ircher's point system is scummy, but because of your knowledge about Ircher it's town. Nahdia is lean-scum, because ...??? Magna is okay, but wasn't he telling the same thing in the post quoted as you did? You could have called
me
scum because of the same reasoning.
Correct me if I'm wrong about my interpretations.
In post 1226, projectmatt wrote:My inital scumread on TehBrawlGuy has turned into a town read, especially in light of posts like #1178.
What was so good in ?
In post 1226, projectmatt wrote:I hate Nadhia's tunnel on Ircher. Like, it sucks. It reeks of trying to come off as way too confident when the substance behind the read is really small. In particular, I dislike her trying to paint Ircher's point system as somehow scummy. At the very worst, that's a completely null tell. On the other hand though, we actually sort of hiveminded on our read on Anen, and I actually think her read is solid even though I really wish she would give more logic for it. I also like her pretty solid questioning of Titus.
Why was Nahdia's push on Ircher terrible and her push on me good?
Also, where did she perform that "solid questioning of Titus"?
In post 1226, projectmatt wrote:When it comes to Aneninen, I initially thought his catch-up posts were pretty great, and called out a lot of my own similar reads. However, since he's caught up, it feels like he's kind of been flailing/coasting, and his reads are coming off as weaker and weaker as the day progresses.
For example, his post #569 comes off as weirdly (
)
Why had you ignored me totally until this post?
Your read (along with your vote in your next post) feels as if you tried to test the waters whether my wagon would gain momentum.
In post 1226, projectmatt wrote:Persivul is probably scum too. His attacks are super weak and it seems like he's grasping at straws to find reads - particularly in posts #950, #986, and #792 all come off as really, really desperate.
Have you ever played with him before?
In post 1226, projectmatt wrote:Anyone that I didn't mention is null/scum.
Explain why null/
scum
In post 1236, zakk wrote:(1) Anybody who's voting for a 1 man wagon needs to jump off, reread, and pick a wagon
(2) Anybody who's voting TehBrawlGuy is either stupid, scum, or not paying attention
(3) Anybody who's voting ircher, that ship has sailed and it's time for you to stop doggy paddling towards it
In other words
(4) Everyone vote heuristic. I could also do with a wagon swimg onto ETL.
(1) We still have more than 4 days, but okay, let's say I agree.
(2) Why? What's so town in his posts?
(3) "That ship has sailed"? That ship was never a good idea.
(4) I want him to answer the things addressed to him above in this post first.
In post 1254, Persivul wrote:I wouldn't mind lynching ETL or Nosferatu.
In post 1255, Nosferatu wrote:can someone direct me to a post or posts that give me a general reason why I should vote TBG?

Seth wagon is looking like it's probably not going to go through and day is ending soon.
Persivul mentioned ETL and Nosferatu (why those two) and Nosferatu popped in two minutes later. Wasn't that a Beetlejuice?
In post 1273, Egg wrote:Anen, I get the opposite conclusion about Brawl. The fact that he decided to look up whether it's considered normal to have two scum teams shows that he doesn't have inside knowledge on whether we're dealing with that or not. I also got the opposite impression on something Nahdia said but don't care to discuss that much.
But we had been talking a lot about that before Brawl asked that question!
Care to explain the last sentence?

Thoughts?
Why those?
In post 1276, cytheflyguy wrote:I probably might be off for saying this as I don't have much ground for saying much lol, but for what people are saying (with her fearmongering and being a hypocrite and all). I'll try to do an ISO of her later, but until then.
In post 1277, zakk wrote:^this seems very town regardless of titus' alignment.
He is, but that vote is dumb in this situation.
I have been called dumb because of votes like that getting close to Deadline so many times that you can't imagine.
In post 1278, drmyshottyizsik wrote:
Mod
That is unnecessary.
In post 1287, Titus wrote:Umm pardon me but whose demand. That block has three scum in it, at least.

So you can kiss my ass on this block.
What sort of block would
you
suggest? (And this doesn't mean that if you suggested one I'd agree.)
In post 1289, TehBrawlGuy wrote:I think she if she were faking it, she would have been more apt to change her "reads" more.
More apt? I think you should check the first posts in Nahdia's ISO.
In post 1293, Persivul wrote:Will continue if you need more. Plus, I've played twice with ETL. She was town once and scum once. Her tone as town was ruder and more aggressive. This game is more like her scum game. She eventually became obnoxious in that one as well, but she kept her cool on D1 for the most part.
I wanted to get a read on ETL and I asked a lot of things from her but ever since she's been on V/LA.
We need to see more from her.
copper223
copper223
Jack of All Trades
copper223
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1296 (ISO) » Sun May 29, 2016 12:21 am

Post by copper223 »

@Anen
What's your read on magma?
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1297 (ISO) » Sun May 29, 2016 12:29 am

Post by Persivul »

Wow, anen, can you ask more questions? :igmeou:
copper223
copper223
Jack of All Trades
copper223
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1298 (ISO) » Sun May 29, 2016 12:30 am

Post by copper223 »

Also for those that have played often with Titus, is she usually more engaged as scum or town or is that NAI for her?
Aneninen
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Very Important Pigeon

Post Post #1299 (ISO) » Sun May 29, 2016 12:37 am

Post by Aneninen »

Copper:
Right now, lean-town.
I can see a town-mindset behind his interrogating gameplay and he's trying to engage everyone.
Earlier I thought his push on me was pigeon poop. He started focusing on my Malkavian post (Which I made for testing others' reactions but it didn't work out since most players ignored it. Because of the general ignorance I can tell this now.) – and he ignored that I had had plenty of other posts too. But that could have come from a paranoid town mind.
Why do you think he's scum?

As for Titus: she's producing the most content, usually more than the next two on the list. Regardless of alignment. ^_^

Persivul: Your points about ETL are valid, but I want to see something from her before the Day ends. And yes, right now answers from eg. Heuristic and Nahdia are top priority for me. By the way, you can ask questions too.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”