New York 195: Adventure Mafia - Game over!

SethYazura
SethYazura
Townie
SethYazura
Townie
Townie

Post Post #975 (ISO) » Thu May 26, 2016 8:12 am

Post by SethYazura »

At least give an explanation why you voted Ircher.
Elaborate on your read list, you just categorized players into alignments without an actual analysis, even one-liners are enough.
The difference between a mafia and a town is that you don't feel alone
A mafia is an organization, which in turn form greater bonds
zakk
zakk
Jack of All Trades
zakk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #976 (ISO) » Thu May 26, 2016 8:15 am

Post by zakk »

In post 919, Expedience wrote:
In post 872, zakk wrote:not a fan of the ircher wagon at all.

not a fan of the TBG wagon at all.
not a fan of you
i'm gonna need some ice for this sick burn

also i
am
a fan of you this game, even if it's not reciprocated.
permanently retired

see here for more info
zakk
zakk
Jack of All Trades
zakk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #977 (ISO) » Thu May 26, 2016 8:15 am

Post by zakk »

In post 920, Expedience wrote:
In post 877, zakk wrote:the TBG wagon is stupid because TBG seems very town. i like that he townreads me and agrees with me, and though that's confirmation bias on my part, it's clearly correct to me. and therefore, i have no small amount of disdain for the wagon.

i highly doubt he'd suck up to me for no reason.
Is this the only reason why you're townreading TBG?
see recent posts to titus re: tbg. thx
permanently retired

see here for more info
zakk
zakk
Jack of All Trades
zakk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #978 (ISO) » Thu May 26, 2016 8:17 am

Post by zakk »

In post 922, Expedience wrote:I think TehBrawlGuy is town because he sounds like he believes what he says, even if it might not make that much sense. Especially posts like and .
you've rudimentarily cracked the code of how i feel about TBG here
permanently retired

see here for more info
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #979 (ISO) » Thu May 26, 2016 8:18 am

Post by Nahdia »

In post 975, SethYazura wrote:
At least give an explanation why you voted Ircher.
Elaborate on your read list, you just categorized players into alignments without an actual analysis, even one-liners are enough.
because he's scummy.

the first 10 pages basically just screamed to me "scum that's really frustrated because they feel they're getting caught for the wrong reasons"

then he kinda chilled and i was OK with him

then he started doing this ridiculous "points" system thing with ISOs and they're about as real as a 3 dollar bill.
we're all made of stories | remember to take your b12 | sign up for a GTKAS thread! (request access here)

"I’m going to harness love for epidemiological purposes."
-Zaphkael, 2020
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #980 (ISO) » Thu May 26, 2016 8:19 am

Post by Nahdia »

and no i won't really be elaborating elsewhere bc i don't feel the need to.
we're all made of stories | remember to take your b12 | sign up for a GTKAS thread! (request access here)

-Zaphkael, 2020
SethYazura
SethYazura
Townie
SethYazura
Townie
Townie

Post Post #981 (ISO) » Thu May 26, 2016 8:22 am

Post by SethYazura »

Expedience's response is underrated, I didn't see a slight reaction to it and thus I didn't notice until Zakk quoted that, gave me quite a good laugh.
copper223
copper223
Jack of All Trades
copper223
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #982 (ISO) » Thu May 26, 2016 8:23 am

Post by copper223 »

In post 975, SethYazura wrote:At least give an explanation why you voted Ircher.
That's pretty demanding of you considering your answer when asked about your reads was that you don't have any as it is pointless to scumhunt D1 and the lynch is a lottery.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #983 (ISO) » Thu May 26, 2016 8:28 am

Post by Titus »

@Zakk - I'm quoting parts of . I'd quote the entire wall, but it would get distracting and cumbersome.
i don't really want to wagon ETL. i don't have either the conviction nor the weight to make anything useful happen there. i wanted to see what killthestory would say, and how he'd act with regards to follow up questioning, and i have not been impressed with his complete lack of conviction and complete unwillingness to play the game. that's scummy to me, but he kind of did the same thing in Mafia Z where he was town so maybe factor that in. personally, i have no read on him, and i don't foresee that changing much one way or the other, despite my efforts, so in all honesty, i wouldn't at all mind seeing him lynched in the first couple of days. with that said i think we can do better.
Umm pardon me. You have neither the conviction nor weight to pull an ETL wagon? That's bullshit. Posts and say otherwise. You asked specifically for KTS to join you and that you wanted an ETL wagon. Now you're claiming you don't want one. Yeah, that ain't true.
thought processes ≠ conclusions. i can see why he thinks what he thinks, and apparently that matches me. and apparently neither of us feel like it's faked on the other's part. there's something oddly self-reinforcing about it, which i'm keeping an eye on, but i don't think it's a big deal at the moment. it doesn't feel like weasely early-game rapport-building, it feels like genuine recognition.
If you really had the same thought processes, you'd be reaching the same conclusions unless you just weighted things differently. Here, you're reaching opposite conclusions. I'm not seeing any point where you nod in agreement or even push the same lynches. The whole "I agree with TBG" when you cannot point to anything specific you agree with him off is just absurd.

Then, lastly you grant Experience "town points" solely for agreeing with you that TBG is town. Yet, Experience didn't state any reasons for agreeing with you on this read.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #984 (ISO) » Thu May 26, 2016 8:29 am

Post by Titus »

Oh I forgot, you claim ETL and I are buddies in , yet you
don't
want to wagon ETL in .

Which is it? Do you want an ETL wagon or not?
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

zakk
zakk
Jack of All Trades
zakk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #985 (ISO) » Thu May 26, 2016 8:32 am

Post by zakk »

In post 924, MagnaofIllusion wrote: I very much want to see Zakk’s response to because that post was very, very informative.
what a coincidence i just finished posting it a bit ago
In post 924, MagnaofIllusion wrote:
In post 880, zakk wrote:you demand i answer your questions but you neglect to answer mine

so answer those and here are some more.

why are you talking to me about how you are going to be able to read me later?
[b/]
does it look like i care? you should be happy that you'll have more to read, but it looks like you're trying to make me feel guilty for being a "jackrabbit on meth"

you think me pushing the ircher wagon even though he thought i was town is a null tell? really?
what did you learn from that, about him, and about me? anything?

what is your opinion on pursival? on titus? on ETL? what do you think about the relationships between them?

do you think copper or ircher is scum? if so, why? if not, why not?
Suspect that you suggest I didn’t answer your question when you then directly reference my response to your question (which I bolded for ease of reference).

If you are Town you should care if you are Town read. That’s how you prevent being mislynched and help to narrow down the pool of people who are scum. I shouldn’t have to explain this to you. This post actually reads as pretty over-wrought and not genuine. Has all the flavor of “Mock Outrage with a Side of Fate-Lite”.

I’ve already stated my opinion on ETL in thread. Scummy.
I’ve states several times I think Ircher is Town.
Copper is Leaning Scum. Very much dislike his more or less sole focus on low hanging fruit.
Pers is Solid Null at this point. He’s frankly focusing on too few players to get a good handle on him.

What are your reads on Pers, Kill and ETL?
no, as town, i care about not being lynched. it happens a lot anyway, but being read as town doesn't really help me do anything but be a more attractive NK target. being scumread doesn't bother me in the least. what feels weird to me is that you seem very mastin-like in speaking through your thought processes (i.e. very self-metagame) and that means you could easily be trying to manipulate how others perceive what you say because you're very worried about how you say it. it's like you're setting me up to expect that you're going to say you scum read me, before you say you scum read me. which is scummy.

and you coaching me with "you should care if you are town read, that's how you prevent being mislynched and help narrow down the pool of people who are scum" sounds like you're a dinosaur. i've been here since 2013, i know basic theory.

actually i just checked. 7 out of my last 10 town games i was mislynched - that's a lot higher than i thought. maybe i should care more about appearing town. LOL.

did you read my past games or was that just a guess based on my posting style?

i like your answers about alignments actually. and to answer yours:

pers i have as town.
KTS i have as scummy.
ETL i have as scummy too. are you DTW?
permanently retired

see here for more info
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #986 (ISO) » Thu May 26, 2016 8:34 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 981, SethYazura wrote:Expedience's response is underrated, I didn't see a slight reaction to it and thus I didn't notice until Zakk quoted that, gave me quite a good laugh.
You know that your last few posts sound like scum struggling to participate, right?
SethYazura
SethYazura
Townie
SethYazura
Townie
Townie

Post Post #987 (ISO) » Thu May 26, 2016 8:35 am

Post by SethYazura »

In post 982, copper223 wrote:
In post 975, SethYazura wrote:At least give an explanation why you voted Ircher.
That's pretty demanding of you considering your answer when asked about your reads was that you don't have any as it is pointless to scumhunt D1 and the lynch is a lottery.
Never did I tell you that it's pointless to scumhunt d1, if you can make a read list, you should be able to say why, otherwise players will eventually prompt you to explain your reads which is what I just did.
SethYazura
SethYazura
Townie
SethYazura
Townie
Townie

Post Post #988 (ISO) » Thu May 26, 2016 8:36 am

Post by SethYazura »

In post 986, Persivul wrote:
In post 981, SethYazura wrote:Expedience's response is underrated, I didn't see a slight reaction to it and thus I didn't notice until Zakk quoted that, gave me quite a good laugh.
You know that your last few posts sound like scum struggling to participate, right?
You know that you don't have a sense of humor right?
zakk
zakk
Jack of All Trades
zakk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #989 (ISO) » Thu May 26, 2016 8:38 am

Post by zakk »

In post 983, Titus wrote:@Zakk - I'm quoting parts of . I'd quote the entire wall, but it would get distracting and cumbersome.
i don't really want to wagon ETL. i don't have either the conviction nor the weight to make anything useful happen there. i wanted to see what killthestory would say, and how he'd act with regards to follow up questioning, and i have not been impressed with his complete lack of conviction and complete unwillingness to play the game. that's scummy to me, but he kind of did the same thing in Mafia Z where he was town so maybe factor that in. personally, i have no read on him, and i don't foresee that changing much one way or the other, despite my efforts, so in all honesty, i wouldn't at all mind seeing him lynched in the first couple of days. with that said i think we can do better.
Umm pardon me. You have neither the conviction nor weight to pull an ETL wagon? That's bullshit. Posts and say otherwise. You asked specifically for KTS to join you and that you wanted an ETL wagon. Now you're claiming you don't want one. Yeah, that ain't true.
thought processes ≠ conclusions. i can see why he thinks what he thinks, and apparently that matches me. and apparently neither of us feel like it's faked on the other's part. there's something oddly self-reinforcing about it, which i'm keeping an eye on, but i don't think it's a big deal at the moment. it doesn't feel like weasely early-game rapport-building, it feels like genuine recognition.
If you really had the same thought processes, you'd be reaching the same conclusions unless you just weighted things differently. Here, you're reaching opposite conclusions. I'm not seeing any point where you nod in agreement or even push the same lynches. The whole "I agree with TBG" when you cannot point to anything specific you agree with him off is just absurd.

Then, lastly you grant Experience "town points" solely for agreeing with you that TBG is town. Yet, Experience didn't state any reasons for agreeing with you on this read.
In post 984, Titus wrote:Oh I forgot, you claim ETL and I are buddies in , yet you
don't
want to wagon ETL in .

Which is it? Do you want an ETL wagon or not?
you ninja'd me, but yeah the more i think about it the more i want an ETL wagon. which is why i just asked magna if he was
DTF
errr DTW. i'm personally not inclined to go toe to toe with ETL because that'd be exhausting and distracting and i don't think it would help much especially if she's town and i'm just misreading her (first game with her) but i'm gauging support for a wagon and kinda poking people to look at her with some critical thought rather than just "hey look a loud wallposter who has anger issues" which will turn me off from scumhunting people usually, mostly because it's exhausting engaging with them

re: TBG, see my response to expedience. if that's not enough, then: GUT! :giggle:
permanently retired

see here for more info
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #990 (ISO) » Thu May 26, 2016 8:40 am

Post by Titus »

So basically, you are now claiming you want an ETL wagon, but she's hard to lynch so you'd rather vote elsewhere? So you're shopping an ETL wagon?
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

zakk
zakk
Jack of All Trades
zakk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #991 (ISO) » Thu May 26, 2016 8:43 am

Post by zakk »

re: shotty suspecting me: no surprise there. how about you read past RVS though, you'll see i'm town pretty easily.
In post 944, Persivul wrote:I agree that there's some suspicious stuff there, and particularly early. Plus, he has a different tone from our last game in which he was town. He's more measured in this game. But reviewing his ISO overall, I think it looks town. He's looking at different people, and generally the correct people. When challenged, he explains, but doesn't get defensive.
thanks for your vote of confidence. last game i was detached, busy, and didn't care too much about shit. this game i do.
permanently retired

see here for more info
zakk
zakk
Jack of All Trades
zakk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #992 (ISO) » Thu May 26, 2016 8:47 am

Post by zakk »

In post 951, Nahdia wrote:ok i made it to page 33 and now im lazy

VOTE: Ircher
that's already been done
In post 366, cytheflyguy wrote:I have read nothing and everything at the same time. Ircher seems most scum atm so I'll go with him for now

VOTE: Ircher

or were you specifically looking for me to point this out? in which case, hi there. when you're ready to post content i'm excited to hear what you think about these four slots in particular:

Titus
EspeciallyTheLies
Lowell
MagnaofIllusion
permanently retired

see here for more info
zakk
zakk
Jack of All Trades
zakk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #993 (ISO) » Thu May 26, 2016 8:48 am

Post by zakk »

In post 990, Titus wrote:So basically, you are now claiming you want an ETL wagon, but she's hard to lynch so you'd rather vote elsewhere? So you're shopping an ETL wagon?
YES! this is exactly it. are you down?
permanently retired

see here for more info
zakk
zakk
Jack of All Trades
zakk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #994 (ISO) » Thu May 26, 2016 8:49 am

Post by zakk »

In post 974, Nahdia wrote:
zakk wrote:
In post 970, Nahdia wrote:
In post 969, zakk wrote:
In post 967, Nahdia wrote:also cytheflyguy was never really that scummy i was cringing super hard when everyone started wagoning him
who were you cringing at specifically?

for science.
the part where people voted him and said his posts were scummy
not what,
who.
the people who voted him and said his posts were scummy
i hate you

also, now that i just realized we already had this conversation: i hate you even more :lol:
permanently retired

see here for more info
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #995 (ISO) » Thu May 26, 2016 8:49 am

Post by Nahdia »

In post 992, zakk wrote:Titus
probs town
In post 992, zakk wrote:EspeciallyTheLies
probs town
In post 992, zakk wrote:Lowell
probs town
In post 992, zakk wrote:MagnaofIllusion
probs scum

-Zaphkael, 2020
zakk
zakk
Jack of All Trades
zakk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #996 (ISO) » Thu May 26, 2016 8:50 am

Post by zakk »

In post 957, Persivul wrote:
In post 952, Persivul wrote:33 pages and I didn't make an impression... :neutral:
In post 953, Nahdia wrote:who are you again?
:lol: Nice...
what's the history here?

p-edit: ooooo why, specifically on ETL and Magna?
permanently retired

see here for more info
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #997 (ISO) » Thu May 26, 2016 8:53 am

Post by Titus »

In post 993, zakk wrote:
In post 990, Titus wrote:So basically, you are now claiming you want an ETL wagon, but she's hard to lynch so you'd rather vote elsewhere? So you're shopping an ETL wagon?
YES! this is exactly it. are you down?
Let's see here...

I've accused you of lying as the basis of your ETL push.
I've said I don't want to lynch ETL because your push appears "divorced from reality".
I've gone from weak town to semi-strong scum on you, based on your push and ETL's annoying the fuck out of me.
Your ETL scumread appeared out of nowhere.
You call her a "sociopath", which appears specifically designed to inflame my annoyance at ETL.

You were hard townreading me, and then suddenly postulate ETL's my buddy.

What exactly makes you think I'd be down to wagon ETL at this point?
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #998 (ISO) » Thu May 26, 2016 8:54 am

Post by Titus »

I do believe you lynch shopping ETL is genuine, but I believe it is a genuine attempt to derail from TBG.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #999 (ISO) » Thu May 26, 2016 8:55 am

Post by Nahdia »

In post 996, zakk wrote:why, specifically on ETL and Magna?
I liked ETL's early reads and what pushed them into townread territory was their frustration with Titus. seemed genuine. Titus can totes be frustrating to work with ^_~

Magna always reads kind of scummy to me but I think in this case seems more concerned with lynching than scumhunting. and he's going to quote me on this and yell at me to explain and provide details and walls of quotes and point out specific posts which make me think that and im not gonna because that ain't my style and he can fight me. there was nothing i saw from him that I liked and he's competent enough that if he's town i think i shoulda seen towntells from him imo.

-Zaphkael, 2020

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”