New York 195: Adventure Mafia - Game over!

Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #950 (ISO) » Thu May 26, 2016 6:46 am

Post by Nahdia »

page 30

SCUM
Copper, projectmatt, MagnaOfIllusion, Ircher

MIXED VIBES
Egg, zakk

IDK LOL
Killthestory

TOWN
TehBrawlGuy, Titus, Shotty, Lowell, cytheflyguy, Aneninen, Expedience, ETL, SethYazura
we're all made of stories | remember to take your b12 | sign up for a GTKAS thread! (request access here)

"I’m going to harness love for epidemiological purposes."
-Zaphkael, 2020
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #951 (ISO) » Thu May 26, 2016 7:29 am

Post by Nahdia »

ok i made it to page 33 and now im lazy

VOTE: Ircher
we're all made of stories | remember to take your b12 | sign up for a GTKAS thread! (request access here)

-Zaphkael, 2020
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #952 (ISO) » Thu May 26, 2016 7:47 am

Post by Persivul »

33 pages and I didn't make an impression... :neutral:
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #953 (ISO) » Thu May 26, 2016 7:48 am

Post by Nahdia »

who are you again?

-Zaphkael, 2020
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #954 (ISO) » Thu May 26, 2016 7:49 am

Post by Nahdia »

ok i glanced over ur ISO u can be town

-Zaphkael, 2020
zakk
zakk
Jack of All Trades
zakk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #955 (ISO) » Thu May 26, 2016 7:49 am

Post by zakk »

In post 889, Titus wrote:-quote snip-

Last readwall from TBG.
sure lets go over that, this should be interesting
In post 889, Titus wrote:ETL is town. You want to wagon ETL.
i don't really want to wagon ETL. i don't have either the conviction nor the weight to make anything useful happen there. i wanted to see what killthestory would say, and how he'd act with regards to follow up questioning, and i have not been impressed with his complete lack of conviction and complete unwillingness to play the game. that's scummy to me, but he kind of did the same thing in Mafia Z where he was town so maybe factor that in. personally, i have no read on him, and i don't foresee that changing much one way or the other, despite my efforts, so in all honesty, i wouldn't at all mind seeing him lynched in the first couple of days. with that said i think we can do better.
In post 889, Titus wrote:Ircher is scum. You don't like that wagon.
true. but i can see why he thinks that.
In post 889, Titus wrote:He said his thought processes match yours in this post, but that clearly isn't true now.
thought processes ≠ conclusions. i can see why he thinks what he thinks, and apparently that matches me. and apparently neither of us feel like it's faked on the other's part. there's something oddly self-reinforcing about it, which i'm keeping an eye on, but i don't think it's a big deal at the moment. it doesn't feel like weasely early-game rapport-building, it feels like genuine recognition.
In post 889, Titus wrote:He has a scumread on me. You're hard townreading me.
i am actually not hard townreading you. i am slightly scum reading you. but that is influenced by factors outside of your immediate control (i.e. i haven't seen you play much as town, and you've tricked the pants off me when you were scum before – you and toolenduso, that one game. ugh)
In post 889, Titus wrote:So, where specifically are you agreeing with TBG lately?
it's more of a good early feeling i got from him, and i felt really iffy at everyone who jumped on his wagon.
In post 889, Titus wrote:Why ETL over TBG? I know ETL is a nonsensical poster, but I am much less certain on her bring scum.
ETL isn't really nonsensical to me. i don't particularly like her posting though. she seems to be playing up the "look how scary and obstinate and bitchy i am/can be" angle quite a bit, kind of like she's faking the self-destructive social interaction patterns of sociopaths like fate and drmyshotty, where they realize people are reading them a certain way, and they can't stop being that way because on some level it's compulsive (you may have seen a bit of this from me in sac last weekend, when i was nailed as scum). it's just something you get used to doing, it's your comfort spot. but it's kind of easy to tell when it's exaggerated. but whether it's exaggerated due to her trying to appear town, or not appear scum, is the question.

let me know if that doesn't make sense.

so yes revisiting this:
In post 532, TehBrawlGuy wrote:zakk - lean town. thought processes match my own and seem internally consistent
our conclusions may have been more in line before, but i generally have a town read on him for the way he posts his posts, how i see him reaching his conclusions even if i don't agree with him, and i don't like his wagon, so that's 3 things.
permanently retired

see here for more info
zakk
zakk
Jack of All Trades
zakk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #956 (ISO) » Thu May 26, 2016 7:50 am

Post by zakk »

In post 907, projectmatt wrote:Massive post coming tomorrow. I promise!
if this hasn't happened already: please don't.
permanently retired

see here for more info
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #957 (ISO) » Thu May 26, 2016 7:53 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 952, Persivul wrote:33 pages and I didn't make an impression... :neutral:
In post 953, Nahdia wrote:who are you again?
:lol: Nice...
copper223
copper223
Jack of All Trades
copper223
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #958 (ISO) » Thu May 26, 2016 7:56 am

Post by copper223 »

@Nahdia
What has Seth done between page 20 and page 33 to go from IDK LOL to top townread?
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #959 (ISO) » Thu May 26, 2016 7:56 am

Post by Persivul »

Oh yuk zakk, I start town reading you for being your own person and you get all conciliatory with Titus.
zakk
zakk
Jack of All Trades
zakk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #960 (ISO) » Thu May 26, 2016 7:57 am

Post by zakk »

In post 911, Expedience wrote:
In post 679, Killthestory wrote:Could see Copper as scum, tries not to combat anyone, instead chooses to want to gain their support and is running for towncred really hard. Buddies up a lot with TBG a lot too
In post 680, Killthestory wrote:Brawl defends Copper as well, very notable, pushes BOTH Ircher and Shotty when their whole argument thing read like TvT, not SvS. Reads Titus as scum, wrong, reads Cy as scum, got newbtown vibes from them, otherwise reads are pretty ass. Could see as scum, too
This sounds like something scum would say.
I can see that.
In post 912, Expedience wrote:
In post 718, Killthestory wrote:YOU DONT UNDERSTAND ME SAYING I DONT CARE IF SETTING A TONE FOR MYSELF, A META, FOLLOWING IT, IT'S A GAME, OF COURSE I CARE, BUT I'M PLAYING THE WAY IM SUPPOSED TO WITH DECEPTION.
Projecting insecurity "but my meta is supposed to be unreadable!!" when ETL isn't even calling him scum.
In post 743, Killthestory wrote:ETL's insistence of arguing with me over the fundamentals of a game instead of just pushing my lynch indicates town mindset instead of scum
More WIFOM townreads,
In post 759, Killthestory wrote:titus is the only one announcing me as a townread so i have to blindly follow her to victory unless someone else townreads me
Pushing the joke too far, this wasn't even the original thing. Hiding behind what he thinks is his unreadability.
This feels town.
In post 914, Expedience wrote:I think TehBrawlGuy is town, and I don't want him lynched.
I agree with this.

Expedience town points
permanently retired

see here for more info
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #961 (ISO) » Thu May 26, 2016 7:58 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

In post 945, Titus wrote:@Magna, When I look for town, I look for unlikely to be scum. Townie behaviors can be faked. Having less scum motivation cannot. Sometimes, there's a rare flash that screams "this is town" but that's few and far between.
Agreed … I just have a hard time seeing lack of possible scum motivation in that Iso. Meh, not really worth debating I guess since Nos is way down the ladder on my suspects list as it stands now.
In post 927, Persivul wrote:In a game in which we were both scum, she took pressure D1 and played poorly, just going after someone for suggesting a PL, and she got lynched.
I’ve also (sorta, she was in a Hydra) played with Titus as scum and she has not handled this game nearly like she did that game. The interaction with ETL have been charged enough that I feel comfortable with her as Town.
In post 935, drmyshottyizsik wrote:My point is people are saying the same scum on Ircher's wagon jump over to titus. I think it is much more likely that this is town jump from scum to another scum. If it were scum jumping around the wagons would have waited for town and pushed really hard. It's not that the wagons weren't fueled strongly, it's that enough of the town had other reads and scum wasn't going to start bussing yet.
I see this as perhaps an oversimplification of the realities of how a game this large plays – there is always a possibility under your circumstances Town never reads Ircher as scum and thus doesn’t show up. Also you gloss over the competing Ircher / Cy wagons. Here’s a quick refresher –
In post 529, SirCakez wrote:cytheflyguy (6) - zakk, Titus, projectmatt, SethYazura, heuristically_alone, Ircher
Ircher (5) - TehBrawlGuy, Egg, cytheflyguy, Persivul, drmyshottyiszik
In post 590, SirCakez wrote:Ircher (6) - TehBrawlGuy, Egg, cytheflyguy, Persivul, drmyshottyiszik, EspeciallyTheLies
cytheflyguy (5) - zakk, Titus, SethYazura, heuristically_alone, Ircher
For at least some period of the day both wagons got to more or less halfway home. Don’t you think if Ircher is scum as you think (which I disagree with) that a push would likely take place there?
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
zakk
zakk
Jack of All Trades
zakk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #962 (ISO) » Thu May 26, 2016 7:59 am

Post by zakk »

In post 959, Persivul wrote:Oh yuk zakk, I start town reading you for being your own person and you get all conciliatory with Titus.
nah. i'm just bored at work and in the mood to explain shit i think, because i'm having a better day than i have had in a while due to some hard RL shit being cleared up.

stay tuned for more sexiness.
permanently retired

see here for more info
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #963 (ISO) » Thu May 26, 2016 7:59 am

Post by Nahdia »

In post 958, copper223 wrote:@Nahdia
What has Seth done between page 20 and page 33 to go from IDK LOL to top townread?
there is no "top". within a category there is no particular order.

his defense of cytheflyguy is what gave him townpoints tho.

-Zaphkael, 2020
copper223
copper223
Jack of All Trades
copper223
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #964 (ISO) » Thu May 26, 2016 8:01 am

Post by copper223 »

Why is him saying that cyto is a newbie that is getting scumread because of it (and hence town because only newbie town is superficially scummy, newbie scum somehow is not) townie?
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #965 (ISO) » Thu May 26, 2016 8:02 am

Post by Nahdia »

because i said so.

-Zaphkael, 2020
copper223
copper223
Jack of All Trades
copper223
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #966 (ISO) » Thu May 26, 2016 8:03 am

Post by copper223 »

-_-
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #967 (ISO) » Thu May 26, 2016 8:03 am

Post by Nahdia »

also cytheflyguy was never really that scummy i was cringing super hard when everyone started wagoning him

-Zaphkael, 2020
zakk
zakk
Jack of All Trades
zakk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #968 (ISO) » Thu May 26, 2016 8:05 am

Post by zakk »

actually, reading this again:
In post 883, zakk wrote:killthestory, -snip-
would you push an ETL wagon with me?
In post 885, Killthestory wrote:id totally push an ETL wagon
In post 886, zakk wrote:do it then.
In post 887, Killthestory wrote:VOTE: etl
In post 890, Titus wrote:I want to wait before switching to ETL if at all. As much as I would feel ETL's behavior is justified as scum, I am much more confident in TBG scum. Go back there please.
In post 891, Killthestory wrote:k

VOTE: TBG
this is pretty bad.

and why is titus buttering up killthestory, who clearly is playing the tantrum-y child?

this feels wrong.

what complicates it is that titus and etl are rocky relationally, and then add this in.

makes me feel like possible titus/ETL scum, and kts just a VI
permanently retired

see here for more info
zakk
zakk
Jack of All Trades
zakk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #969 (ISO) » Thu May 26, 2016 8:05 am

Post by zakk »

In post 967, Nahdia wrote:also cytheflyguy was never really that scummy i was cringing super hard when everyone started wagoning him
who were you cringing at specifically?

for science.
permanently retired

see here for more info
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #970 (ISO) » Thu May 26, 2016 8:06 am

Post by Nahdia »

In post 969, zakk wrote:
In post 967, Nahdia wrote:also cytheflyguy was never really that scummy i was cringing super hard when everyone started wagoning him

for science.
the part where people voted him and said his posts were scummy

-Zaphkael, 2020
zakk
zakk
Jack of All Trades
zakk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #971 (ISO) » Thu May 26, 2016 8:08 am

Post by zakk »

In post 898, Ircher wrote:
In post 896, heuristically_alone wrote:
In post 823, Aneninen wrote:In post 659, SethYazura wrote:
You can easily single out newbies from an experienced and everyone can do it.
An experienced knows the concequences of posting in the same way as cytheflyguy, cy posted like that because he doesn't.

And. That. Is. Not. An. Alignment. Tell.
I've noticed that town are more likely to point out things that are not really alignment tells. Scum would want other player coming up with tells and voting others.

Town points for Aneninen
Dont be fooled by content. Anen really knows how to fluff like in Newbie 1682.

Anen can also let Anen get super lost like in Micro 600: Mechanics Upick
more towniness from ircher: this doesn't feel like a smear attempt, just a cautioning from people thinking the wrong thing, with useful examples. this is especially useful to people like me who haven't played with anen-scum before.
permanently retired

see here for more info
zakk
zakk
Jack of All Trades
zakk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #972 (ISO) » Thu May 26, 2016 8:08 am

Post by zakk »

In post 970, Nahdia wrote:
In post 969, zakk wrote:

for science.
not what,
who.
permanently retired

see here for more info
zakk
zakk
Jack of All Trades
zakk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #973 (ISO) » Thu May 26, 2016 8:09 am

Post by zakk »

In post 903, Titus wrote:Make it for me? *bats eyelashes* Mine will be done in a few and we can post at the same time ish.
this post also feels really icky w.r.t. the Kts thing i mentioned a few posts ago.

anyone with meta on titus, is this normal behavior from her?
permanently retired

see here for more info
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #974 (ISO) » Thu May 26, 2016 8:10 am

Post by Nahdia »

zakk wrote:
In post 970, Nahdia wrote:
In post 969, zakk wrote:

for science.
not what,
who.
the people who voted him and said his posts were scummy

-Zaphkael, 2020

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”