New York 195: Adventure Mafia - Game over!

cytheflyguy
cytheflyguy
Goon
cytheflyguy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Sat May 21, 2016 10:06 am

Post by cytheflyguy »

In post 410, Egg wrote:I'm not sure I consider the cythefly votes lazy. They have merit. Like his Ircher vote was definitely lazy, but only scummy if Ircher is town. So if you are townreading Ircher, I understand dropping your current vote to switch. Otherwise, you're in my boat where it stood out my I still think Ircher is scum so I stayed put.

So let's look at the people who voted cythefly:
Zakk -First vote on the wagon and was townreading Ircher. Just spoke about looking for lazy scum voting Ircher so this vote makes sense. I did just notice, however, that zakk's vote was on Ircher so I have to ask: What changed between the vote and your calling him town? It's possible this was an outdated vote and zakk was looking for a place to vote which makes the cythefly vote even more fitting. But why leave the Ircher vote for so long?

Titus - Titus hasn't been shy about townreading Ircher, so it makes sense for her to scum read such a lazy Ircher hop. I definitely get this vote

Projectmatt - Called Ircher town in his first vote. Acknowledged that part of the Thebrawl vote was pressure, so maybe that was getting stale. This one makes sense too. The only reason to call it scummy is because it follows the first two so immediately which is shaky reasoning at best

Seth- Even this one is fine. He asks questions and even says he'll unvote if he sees a good reason for cythefly's vote.

So overall, the wagon is fine in my opinion. The only thing I'm wondering is if these four votes are all town, why hasn't scum jumped on such an easy wagon? It very easily could be because cythefly is scum.

Preview edit: Heur's vote, I can go either way on. One question for Heur though. What is your read on Ircher? I don't really see anything in your ISO that answers that and that makes me think you could be his buddy considering how widely he's been discussed.
Oh lol, more votes on me. Idk what to say in my defense so I'll just wait for someone more scummy to say something later on, which seems to be a common theme in these games. I s2g I'm more active in smaller games, I just need to get used to so many fucking posts lol. xD

Preview Edit: Honestly, because internet is down at my house so I have limited time to actually hard core play with so many people. When I feel there's someone that I feel is truely scummy, I'll look into ISO's and all that.
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Sat May 21, 2016 10:10 am

Post by Egg »

Cythefly, give me three players most likely to be scum and why.
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea
Pronoun: He / Him / His

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Sat May 21, 2016 10:18 am

Post by Ircher »

In post 421, Expedience wrote:
In post 418, Egg wrote:Expedience, that was probably Anen's post but can you explain why you don't like that from Copper?
I didn't notice what Titus pointed out. It was too confident and seemed more about betting on Ircher being town than the read being too early, sort of. Like he knew Ircher was town.

Ircher might be town, not sure. Shotty is surely town.
Why is Shotty town? He's literally been trying to find every single minor reason to scumread me.

He's fitting evidence to reads instead of reads to evidence.
Links: User Page | GTKAS
Do you have questions, ideas, or feedback for the Scummies? Please pm me!
Expedience
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Sat May 21, 2016 10:19 am

Post by Expedience »

In post 178, SethYazura wrote:UNVOTE: Copper223
Don't take it seriously Copper, I'm not like those idiots that chase at you with ropes for hanging just because you're Copper.
This is getting too stupid, why can't we just get along, the adventure haven't started yet and we are already quarreling and sending death threats just because, all that preparations for nothing.
Is this guy a troll, and / or scum with copper?
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Sat May 21, 2016 10:19 am

Post by Ircher »

Ok, Cythe, was gonna give benefit of the doubt, but your last posts changed my mind.

VOTE: Cythe
Expedience
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Sat May 21, 2016 10:19 am

Post by Expedience »

In post 427, Ircher wrote:
In post 418, Egg wrote:Expedience, that was probably Anen's post but can you explain why you don't like that from Copper?
I didn't notice what Titus pointed out. It was too confident and seemed more about betting on Ircher being town than the read being too early, sort of. Like he knew Ircher was town.

Why is Shotty town? He's literally been trying to find every single minor reason to scumread me.

Not really.
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Sat May 21, 2016 10:25 am

Post by Ircher »

Then, you think most of his reasons for scumreading me are perfectly valid?
Expedience
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Sat May 21, 2016 10:34 am

Post by Expedience »

In post 248, MagnaofIllusion wrote:
In post 236, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:like, would i trust his reads/observations if i felt he was town enough? probably not, but that's more a comment on my own misplaced arrogance than on his actual skill level. to be real with you, i dont know. i haven't really played in a while and i dont recognize a lot of the names on this list. the last time i played with persivul, he was scum, i caught him, he pissed me off and then i just modded games for a long while (not related to him pissing me off - i got busy with school). i think he was pretty new then? he seems different now, more mellowed out, more seasoned, and i'm sure he's learned things along the way as he's probably played more while i've been gone.

i've just rambled a bunch of irrelevant nonsense. but ihope it answers your question.
Well seeing this I think your flippant “Pers is scum because he would piss me off” Town read is nonsense then. You acknowledge that he seems more seasoned as a player. Which would include both his Scum and Town games. Yet you are happy giving him a snap Town read based on him not pissing you off. Which is based on the old Pers not the new. There’s a pretty wide disconnect there.
This kind of sucks. Feels really set up.

Townreading Persivul, slight town reading the brawl guy.
Expedience
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Sat May 21, 2016 10:35 am

Post by Expedience »

In post 431, Ircher wrote:Then, you think most of his reasons for scumreading me are perfectly valid?
???
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Sat May 21, 2016 10:41 am

Post by Ircher »

In post 430, Expedience wrote:
In post 427, Ircher wrote:

Not really.
In post 433, Expedience wrote:
In post 431, Ircher wrote:Then, you think most of his reasons for scumreading me are perfectly valid?
???
Expedience
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Sat May 21, 2016 10:41 am

Post by Expedience »

?????????
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Sat May 21, 2016 10:55 am

Post by Ircher »

Nvm, I guess. I was saying Shotty to me does not appear to be genuinely scumreading but rather trying to find every reason to prove Im scum even if its obviously a null thing.
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Sat May 21, 2016 11:07 am

Post by Egg »

Ircher, town is guilty of confirmation bias and tunneling just as much, if not more than, scum. I mean, if that's even what drmy is doing. I'm not so sure he is. He's a pretty self aware player and if he was doing that, I think he'd have the sense to take a step back.

Expedience, when you're caught up, can you summarize with a reads list, or at least scum reads and opinions on anyone who has been wagoned?
Expedience
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Sat May 21, 2016 11:25 am

Post by Expedience »

In post 308, copper223 wrote:@Magma
My fellow man, tis a figure of speech, though I'm sure Nostradamus truly is a beast scum hunter when he gets a town PM.

You are again comparing posts that are superficially similar in the wording but appear to come from completely different mindsets, 102 and 104 are players (BGT and KTS) saying idgaf about statistics, back to the real game please, Nosferatu took the time to examine what Ircher wrote and comment on his
ability
to do so correctly, now there are reasons why town Nos would do so as well but it is less likely compared to scum Nos doing the same thing hence the vote on him in particular.
The Nosferatu read is just nonsensically reachy.
Nosferatu
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Sat May 21, 2016 11:29 am

Post by Nosferatu »

Reading up now.
BRASIL BRASIL BRASIL BRRRRR
last.fm
gtkas
copper223
copper223
Jack of All Trades
copper223
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Sat May 21, 2016 11:33 am

Post by copper223 »

In post 438, Expedience wrote:The Nosferatu read is just nonsensically reachy.
The same can be said about your interpretation of my tongue-in-cheek to shotty.
Nosferatu
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Sat May 21, 2016 11:35 am

Post by Nosferatu »

In post 169, copper223 wrote:Why are you asking rhetorical questions? RVS ended once you said you had a case on me.

I voted Nosferatu cause correcting Ircher on statistics is something that a townie looking for scum is less likely to do.
why
In post 176, copper223 wrote:The serious problem would be you being town and using these kind of arguments, you being scum I'd find pretty awesome.
I don't see the problem in the argument.
In post 178, SethYazura wrote:UNVOTE: Copper223
Don't take it seriously Copper, I'm not like those idiots that chase at you with ropes for hanging just because you're Copper.
This is getting too stupid, why can't we just get along, the adventure haven't started yet and we are already quarreling and sending death threats just because, all that preparations for nothing.
I have a problem with this tho
In post 183, SethYazura wrote:
In post 180, TehBrawlGuy wrote:For real though, explain 174, because I actually can't parse that into anything I understand.
Copper said I will laugh hard as scum if I flip scum in my lynch, which is a contradiction, since lynching sk as a mafia goon early in this game is serious trouble as there will be less kills per night, giving the Town more time to correctly lynch the mafia.
This is a legit scumclaim.

VOTE: Seth

not done reading
last.fm
gtkas
Expedience
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Sat May 21, 2016 11:46 am

Post by Expedience »

For Egg, my reads in order:

Town reads:
Drmy
Persivul
Titus

Weak town:
Thebrawl
Nosferatu
Lowell
Zakk
ETL

Null:
heuristically_alone
Desmond
Anen
I am innocent
Ircher
Cytheflyguy
Egg

Weak scum:
Magna
Seth
Projectmatt

Scum reads:
Killthestory
Copper
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Sat May 21, 2016 11:51 am

Post by SirCakez »

I Am Innocent has been prodded.
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
Nosferatu
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Sat May 21, 2016 11:53 am

Post by Nosferatu »

In post 210, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:
In post 206, drmyshottyizsik wrote:I'm not hunting he is just acting like a 3rd party.
You see, that's because you are looking for it. The only way for some people to force themselves to look town when scum is to SK-hunt.

My read on shotty is actually based on a tell I believe I found while doing pre-game research. I found a town game and a scum game and I read ISOs of both looking for differences in tone/attitude/tendencies. If anyone is interested, I suggest you do the same and come to your own conclusions, as I would rather not taint impressions if you can figure it out yourself, plus #effort.
shotty's most recent completed scum game that i looked at
Another scum game i checked out to test my theory on the tell. it applied.
shotty's most recent completed town game.
another town game i used to test the tell; it applied. however, this game is kind of old and i wasn't able to find a more recent town game, but i believe it is a valid tell for him.

Persivul is my first town read so far, only because I feel like he'd just be a dick to me if he wasn't.

I have not actually read pages 2-7. Gonna get to that over lunch today. See yall then.
the last game is a scum game.

I don't know how to feel about shotty literally not clicking on any of these links except the last one.
last.fm
gtkas
I Am Innocent
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Sat May 21, 2016 12:12 pm

Post by I Am Innocent »

Picking up prod.

Finally bought a replacement car today, so a big stress and time consumer off my chest. Will catch up soon
Show
Town 21-21-1
Mafia 10-6

Replaced Out (Town) 1-5
Replaced Out (Mafia) 3-2 (incl hydra game with Nero where I flaked)

Ongoing
None
Expedience
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Sat May 21, 2016 12:19 pm

Post by Expedience »

In post 440, copper223 wrote:
In post 438, Expedience wrote:The Nosferatu read is just nonsensically reachy.
The same can be said about your interpretation of my tongue-in-cheek to shotty.
So your read is nonsensically reachy?
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Sat May 21, 2016 12:28 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 429, Ircher wrote:Ok, Cythe, was gonna give benefit of the doubt, but your last posts changed my mind.

VOTE: Cythe
How come every time I change my vote, you follow me? I don't wanna be a double voter? Stahp it.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
copper223
copper223
Jack of All Trades
copper223
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Sat May 21, 2016 12:46 pm

Post by copper223 »

In post 446, Expedience wrote:So your read is nonsensically reachy?
Every read is at the start of d1 and that was my point both with shotty and as a reply to your dismissal of my read on Nos.
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Sat May 21, 2016 12:51 pm

Post by Egg »

Expedience, how are you null on Ircher and myself? Why is projectmatt scum? You're townreading ETL, so I must have misunderstood what you meant when you said her discussion with Magna felt "set up" so can you clarify that? And finally, any reason you used my exact format for a reads list?

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”