Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1150 (ISO) » Tue Oct 16, 2007 6:32 am

Post by Guardian »

Official Vote Count #45

Not Voting[9](Mastermind of Sin, Oman, vollkan, Tarhalindur, pwayne66, tyhess, Trojan Horse, Flameaxe, theopor_COD)
Do not lynch me.
[wiki]Great Nibbler Takeover of 2008[/wiki]
Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #1151 (ISO) » Tue Oct 16, 2007 7:44 am

Post by Tarhalindur »

Vote: Flameaxe
User out of ambit.

Error 404: Sanity Not Found
tyhess
tyhess
Goon
tyhess
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1152 (ISO) » Tue Oct 16, 2007 9:24 am

Post by tyhess »

You care to explain that Tar?
Trojan Horse
Trojan Horse
Oldest Trick in the Book
Trojan Horse
Oldest Trick in the Book
Oldest Trick in the Book

Post Post #1153 (ISO) » Tue Oct 16, 2007 3:36 pm

Post by Trojan Horse »

Probably just noticed a few of us saying things against Flameaxe, and decided to go with the crowd. :?
Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #1154 (ISO) » Tue Oct 16, 2007 6:39 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

Just reaction testing (I was hoping that someone would attack me for the unexplained vote, which is a scumtell).

Unvote
for now.
User out of ambit.

Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #1155 (ISO) » Tue Oct 16, 2007 6:44 pm

Post by Flameaxe »

And unexplained votes...aren't?
Defined by who I dislike, not who I like~
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #1156 (ISO) » Tue Oct 16, 2007 7:34 pm

Post by Oman »

Vote: Tarhalindur
I don't buy it at all. I think because you claimed yesterday you think you're invulnerable to attack.

That was a poor move, and I don't think its pro-town at all.
It's unfortunate that good oral sex excuses bad chemistry. - Korts
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #1157 (ISO) » Tue Oct 16, 2007 8:20 pm

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

Vote: Tarhalindur

Person C votes are clearly win in this case ;)
Permanent V/LA.
pwayne66
pwayne66
Goon
pwayne66
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1158 (ISO) » Wed Oct 17, 2007 12:58 am

Post by pwayne66 »

Tar, you are so busted! Yesterday, acting scummy to draw out scum was a protown move. It was so protown that thinking that it was scummy was in itself, a scumtell. Only scum would think that doing the same thing day two would be protown... savvy? oh wait...
pwayne66
pwayne66
Goon
pwayne66
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1159 (ISO) » Wed Oct 17, 2007 1:08 am

Post by pwayne66 »

...for reasons I have already stated.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #1160 (ISO) » Wed Oct 17, 2007 1:37 am

Post by Oman »

Those reasons are his actions re: deadline right?
pwayne66
pwayne66
Goon
pwayne66
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1161 (ISO) » Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:35 am

Post by pwayne66 »

Partly. Partly b/c of his active lurking.
Trojan Horse
Trojan Horse
Oldest Trick in the Book
Trojan Horse
Oldest Trick in the Book
Oldest Trick in the Book

Post Post #1162 (ISO) » Wed Oct 17, 2007 6:19 am

Post by Trojan Horse »

I don't think Tar's the lynch here. Let's go back to his antics at the end of day 1:
Tarhalindur wrote:Oh, what the heck. It's time to pull the patented Tarhalindur solution to an impending deadline as vanilla town.

Unvote, Vote: Tarhalindur

I KEEL ME!
Tarhalindur wrote:I'm known to do silly/stupid things when I get peeved/bored with a game, especially with a deadline and/or pressure.

Unvote

Now... was I psyching you out, or was I telling the truth?
Two posts separated by just 30 minutes. At the time, I thought he could very well be scum; he'd pulled this stunt in a different game as a vanilla townie, and he could've just been trying to look like a townie again.

But the next day, with a Tar lynch looking like a strong possibility, we got this:
Tarhalindar wrote:Unvote, Vote: Tar

Seriously, it's better than lynching Kakeng. He might be Cult-immune, I'm not.
Well now. If he is scum, he's a lot bolder than I could ever be. Personally, I don't think that's likely; I now think Tar is a vanilla townie.

Or at least he WAS, at the end of day 1. Whether he is NOW is a whole other question, and we could WIFOM all day about whether CKD would actually recruit Tar. Thing is, I think we should forget about the WIFOMing for now and look for the mafia. Who knows? Perhaps the game will end once we've lynched both scum, and we won't have to argue over whether Tar is a cultie at all.

Tar's not the play, IMO.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #1163 (ISO) » Wed Oct 17, 2007 9:30 am

I can buy that.

Unvote, Vote: Oman

I think we have some long overdue pressure needed here.
Permanent V/LA.
Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #1164 (ISO) » Wed Oct 17, 2007 9:55 am

Post by Tarhalindur »

Oman wrote:Vote: Tarhalindur I don't buy it at all. I think because you claimed yesterday you think you're invulnerable to attack.

I think that if Flameaxe is scum I'm going to take a very close look at you as a possible scumbuddy, and vice versa.

That's exactly the kind of response I would expect from a scumbuddy who sees his partner get voted with no explanation (Kate as scum responded that way when inHim tested her scumbuddy Falcone in Newb 399; all other relevant games are ongoing).

Oman and/or Flameaxe could use some pressure right about now, based on that reaction alone.

Vote: Oman
User out of ambit.

Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #1165 (ISO) » Wed Oct 17, 2007 9:58 am

Post by Flameaxe »

You do realize that this is...day 2, right? I'm not exactly sure that a baseless vote on someone to judge reaction you would do now...It seems like regular day 1 behavior, but you are pushing it now.
Defined by who I dislike, not who I like~
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #1166 (ISO) » Wed Oct 17, 2007 10:15 am

Post by theopor_COD »

Meh I'm pissed, football has done my nut in once again. England are crap.

Anyways I'm surprised at the reaction to Tar's vote . . I didn't find it all that scummy, random votes aren't scummy. Oman from a re-read bugs me a lot, yet if we have a cult about can they still recruit if so they are still a big problem and if they can then the likes of Tar are likely cultists.
tyhess
tyhess
Goon
tyhess
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1167 (ISO) » Wed Oct 17, 2007 11:13 am

Post by tyhess »

Tarhalindur wrote:
Oman wrote:Vote: Tarhalindur I don't buy it at all. I think because you claimed yesterday you think you're invulnerable to attack.

I think that if Flameaxe is scum I'm going to take a very close look at you as a possible scumbuddy, and vice versa.

That's exactly the kind of response I would expect from a scumbuddy who sees his partner get voted with no explanation (Kate as scum responded that way when inHim tested her scumbuddy Falcone in Newb 399; all other relevant games are ongoing).

Oman and/or Flameaxe could use some pressure right about now, based on that reaction alone.

I don't like this either. Your going into MoS's "if you vote for me you're scum" theory, which I didn't like in the first place. You should have given a reason for your vote-and I doubt Oman was trying to avert the attention from Flameaxe, given that you posted 0(zero) facts against Flameaxe. Adding this to what you did last round (self vote, etc), I'm going to

Vote: Tar
Trojan Horse
Trojan Horse
Oldest Trick in the Book
Trojan Horse
Oldest Trick in the Book
Oldest Trick in the Book

Post Post #1168 (ISO) » Wed Oct 17, 2007 1:33 pm

Post by Trojan Horse »

theopor_COD wrote:Oman from a re-read bugs me a lot, yet if we have a cult about can they still recruit if so they are still a big problem and if they can then the likes of Tar are likely cultists.
They can't still recruit. If someone was recruited last night, they are now on their own. Mod clarified that already.
tyhess wrote:I don't like this either. Your going into MoS's "if you vote for me you're scum" theory, which I didn't like in the first place. You should have given a reason for your vote-and I doubt Oman was trying to avert the attention from Flameaxe, given that you posted 0(zero) facts against Flameaxe. Adding this to what you did last round (self vote, etc), I'm going to

But Tar did give a reason for his vote (though it was after the fact); he said he was fishing for reactions. That's reasonable.

Not sure if I want to join this Oman bandwagon at the moment. I'm gonna do some rereading first.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #1169 (ISO) » Wed Oct 17, 2007 1:45 pm

Post by Oman »

Pwayne wrote:Partly. Partly b/c of his active lurking.
Confirmed.
TrojanH wrote:Well now. If he is scum, he's a lot bolder than I could ever be. Personally, I don't think that's likely;
I understand your point, and it was quite convincing when I read it first, but then I thought: Firstly there is the WIFOM to that aspect. Secondly, I have seen scum self vote when bored with a game (essentially they post a "I'm bored/tired of this game" and self vote) especially around an impending lynch.
Tyhess wrote: Your going into MoS's "if you vote for me you're scum" theory, which I didn't like in the first place.
This is very close to my opinion. You did something scummy as hell, and then said that anyone who attacks you for it is scum/needs some pressure.

My vote stands.
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #1170 (ISO) » Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:51 pm

Post by vollkan »

Tar is looking like either vanilla or cultist. Much as I don't like his unorthodox tactics, they are consistent with his play yesterday and, thus, I do not think Tar is our lynch at this state. He has done nothing I can peg as scummy.
Tyhess wrote: I don't like this either. Your going into MoS's "if you vote for me you're scum" theory, which I didn't like in the first place. You should have given a reason for your vote-and I doubt Oman was trying to avert the attention from Flameaxe, given that you posted 0(zero) facts against Flameaxe. Adding this to what you did last round (self vote, etc), I'm going to

I don't like the "judging reactions" thing either, but I have never actually seen that sort of thing done by scum. My first encounter of it was Nelly632 in Mini 486 and he was town. In fact, his self-voting actually did help catch a mafioso (Oman).

Flame's posting of late is interesting. After Tar explains his vote was for reaction-testing, Flame says:
Flame wrote: And unexplained votes...aren't?
and then after Tar votes Oman, Flame says:
Flame wrote: You do realize that this is...day 2, right? I'm not exactly sure that
a baseless vote on someone to judge reaction you would do now...It seems like regular day 1 behavior, but you are pushing it now.
The thing I notice here is that Flame's posts are, as per usual, entirely devoid of any real content. His criticism of Tar's voting is weak and he doesn't really make any comment as to his own suspicions, simply saying what it looks like.
Tar wrote: I think that if Flameaxe is scum I'm going to take a very close look at you as a possible scumbuddy, and vice versa.

This is a good point, and I also think it is interesting that Oman asks Pwayne to clarify his vote for Flameaxe.

Neither of these is an overwhelming buddy-tell, but they are to be considered. It's also interesting that these tells are coming from two of my top picks on my scumdar posts, but we should wait until one of their alignments is confirmed before we take these as being very meaningful.

For now,
tyhess
tyhess
Goon
tyhess
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1171 (ISO) » Wed Oct 17, 2007 3:09 pm

Post by tyhess »

Trojan Horse wrote:
tyhess wrote:I don't like this either. Your going into MoS's "if you vote for me you're scum" theory, which I didn't like in the first place. You should have given a reason for your vote-and I doubt Oman was trying to avert the attention from Flameaxe, given that you posted 0(zero) facts against Flameaxe. Adding this to what you did last round (self vote, etc), I'm going to

But Tar did give a reason for his vote (though it was after the fact); he said he was fishing for reactions. That's reasonable.
I however don't think its reasonable. There were other people already pressuring Flameaxe, so if he was trying to get a reaction from someone other than Flameaxe, he didn't have to vote without a reason. Same thing if he was trying to get a reaction from Flameaxe- there was no reason to vote without a reason since others were already pressuring him.

This is just added to the long list of things I haven't liked about Tar:
1) self vote (twice)
2) saying he used that tactic in another game and he was town in that game so he's obviously town in this one.
3) claiming vanilla without being asked to do so.
4) Using the same strategy as MoS, probably just because MoS talked himself out of being voted for.

My vote stands.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #1172 (ISO) » Wed Oct 17, 2007 3:12 pm

Post by Oman »

Vollkan wrote:and I also think it is interesting that Oman asks Pwayne to clarify his vote for Flameaxe.
He just said reasons I stated earlier. So I wanted to clarify them (because his earlier post was directed at someone else).

I'm fine with pwayne's vote, it seems logical.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #1173 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2007 6:28 am

tyhess, you're reaching. Just because Tarhalindur made a vote that could be argued as OMGUS does not draw any parallels to what I did. I presented a case that said there was *probably* a scum on my wagon,
one out of four
, not
all
of them. To say that this equates to "everyone that votes me is scum" is not only a gross misrepresentation, but it's complete bullshit to compare it to Tar's actions.
Permanent V/LA.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1174 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2007 6:31 am

Post by Guardian »

Shameless filler post.
Do not lynch me.
[wiki]Great Nibbler Takeover of 2008[/wiki]