TylerJ
TylerJ
Goon
TylerJ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Sun Oct 14, 2007 4:02 pm

Post by TylerJ »

I was specifically talking about your vote for Chronx. I hadn't noticed cKillors post because I was in the middle of going through everything. You are right though. It is scummy.

vote: ckillor
├óÔé¼┼ôVery few of us are what we seem.├óÔé¼
ckillor
ckillor
Goon
ckillor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Sun Oct 14, 2007 4:13 pm

Post by ckillor »

would it be better if i didnt say anything and kept on basicly lurking? probably not. because then i would get called out on that, or prodded again/ replaced.
My bandwagon can beat up your bandwagon.
somestrangeflea
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Sun Oct 14, 2007 7:17 pm

Post by somestrangeflea »

=P

TylerJ - 3 (Jdodge, groinhammer, Dasquian)
ckillor - 3 (Max, theopor_COD, TylerJ)
Dasquian - 1 (ckillor)
groinhammer - 1 (ChronX)
shaft.ed - 1 (ChocolateAttack)

Not Voting - aioqwe, shaft.ed, Rishi

12 alive, 7 to lynch.

Rishi has been prodded.
Dasquian
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:29 pm

Post by Dasquian »

To ckillor: I just don't buy that you don't have anything to say. You should always be able to do a brain-dump and post
something
. eg, my last post - I didn't feel particularly "up" on the game or have shocking new revelations, but posted what came to mind.
[size=84]QUACK[/size]
aioqwe
aioqwe
Goon
aioqwe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Mon Oct 15, 2007 3:18 am

Post by aioqwe »

theopor_COD wrote:
TylerJ wrote:I reread everything again and found Theopor and CA the scummiest. Theopor for his litle content and quick voting before he votes. CA because his defense against Chronx.

If Chronx is scum-I doubt it- He did a good job at the beginning of the game so that people wouldn't suspect him, all the more reason to be catious. He seems too clean. Like the perfect boyfriend that becomes abusive when the girl merries him. rough analogy I know. Still, I can't suspect someone when they have no evidence agaisnt them. And my only evidence is CA's attempts to protect him.

All of this is reideration, but sometimes it is neccesary to pick up the game.
So like why don't you stick your neck out and vote someone then?

And what do you mean by quick voting before he votes?

I don't need to add that ckillor's last post was probably scummier than his previous one.
While I don't exactly like your laconic playing style I don't think a vote is necessary.
ckillor wrote:would it be better if i didnt say anything and kept on basicly lurking? probably not. because then i would get called out on that, or prodded again/ replaced.
This doesn't help your situation... Asking how you should play to appear town is scummy in my book :)
If Chronx is scum-I doubt it- He did a good job at the beginning of the game so that people wouldn't suspect him, all the more reason to be catious. He seems too clean. Like the perfect boyfriend that becomes abusive when the girl merries him. rough analogy I know.
Apparently the argument of too towny is a bit flawed...

http://www.mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php ... Too_Townie

So... is it a reliable argument or not?
Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Mon Oct 15, 2007 4:26 am

Post by Rishi »

Got my prod. Nothing to add. Will attempt a re-read perhaps tonight.
Taking a break from MS. Please send e-mail if you want to get in touch with me.
MCHammer
MCHammer
Goon
MCHammer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Mon Oct 15, 2007 4:46 am

Post by MCHammer »

Tyler, re:Chronx wrote:And my only evidence is CA's attempts to protect him.
I agree that if CA came up scum, it wouldn't look very good for chronx.
aioqwe re:theo wrote:While I don't exactly like your laconic playing style I don't think a vote is necessary.
Note that Jdodge plays pretty much the same, although theo is vote hopping like a crazy at the moment.

In short, I'm finding a fair few players here scummy & would happily switch my vote over to get a bandwagon moving along (dependant on the wagon'ee naturally) so I can understand vote hopping in day 1 - after all, we do have 4 scum to find in this game.
ChronX
ChronX
Goon
ChronX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Mon Oct 15, 2007 4:59 am

Post by ChronX »

groinhammer wrote:
Tyler, re:Chronx wrote:And my only evidence is CA's attempts to protect him.
I agree that if CA came up scum, it wouldn't look very good for chronx.
What? By your logic, if CA is scummy, I'm scummy, then by extension, Tyler J is scummy because I defended HIM. One too many scum for a family.

Nice covert OMGUS though.
Effectively done with MS
ChronX
ChronX
Goon
ChronX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Mon Oct 15, 2007 5:06 am

Post by ChronX »

groinhammer wrote:
chronx wrote:Groinhammer on the other hand seems to be following popular controversies and getting in on them second hand, at least according to my notes. He has been suspicious of me and Rishi, Theopor, CA and now Tyler all at the time when its a majority opinion, but I haven't noticed him take the initiative on any of those cases.

Vote: Groinhammer
So (please correct me if I've got this wrong) yr. voting me b/c you think I'm being bussed too much???
Isn't bussing when one scum tries to implicate their fellow scum to ease suspicion on themselves?

How could you be "being bussed" too much? I'm the first person to raise a case on you.

To clarify what I said, you seem to try to get a feel for who is the fashionable scum suspect of the moment and throw your 2 cents in, to appear like you are actively hunting. In your most recent post, you articulate this again, by saying that you will switch your vote to a new bandwagon. Not, try to find someone scummy enough that you can build a convincing case of your own.
Effectively done with MS
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Mon Oct 15, 2007 8:47 am

Post by shaft.ed »

TylerJ wrote:shaft.ed. Don't try getting in arguments. they don't help the game at all. I'm surprised about the fact that you posted about CA but didn't mention anything else. Is nothing remotely interesting enough to post about?
I was simply posting my LA at the time. I noticed my name in lights as I scrolled down and CA's argument was incredibly weak. He voted me for paraphrasing, when I clearly stated I was paraphrasing. If someone wants to get away with subtly putting different words into other people's mouths, they don't tell everyone they are doing such. And my paraphrase left very little to interpretation, it was very similar to what CA had said and was a result of me not having the time when posting to dig up the exact quote, and I felt it unneccassary as two others had commented on CA's post in question prior to me.

@Tyler, this is not me getting in an argument, this is me pointing out someone placing a vote on very shaky footing, which is a scummy play.

As far as suspicions go, I'd list CA for the above reasons and the originating statement of his intent to "lay low" (paraparaphrasing). theoper looks a little odd. I don't like it when people make strange plays (like voting without reason, and then making something up afterwards) and write it off as a scum hunting method. And finally ckillor, he seems to be trying very hard to not look like a lurker while actually lurking. If someone truly didn't have anything to add and wasn't worried about looking guilty, they just wouldn't add anything. But by posting the way he is he can attempt to not look like a lurker, but also be completely non-commital on his stances towards other players. This makes it easier for him to bandwagon in the future without looking like a waffle.

Sum of my post:
Fos CA
FoS ckillor
ChocolateAttack
ChocolateAttack
Goon
ChocolateAttack
Goon
Goon

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Mon Oct 15, 2007 9:22 am

Post by ChocolateAttack »

request for replacement.
somestrangeflea
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Mon Oct 15, 2007 9:26 am

ChocolateAttack wrote:request for replacement.
Sigh.

Searching for a replacement for ChocolateAttack...
TylerJ
TylerJ
Goon
TylerJ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Mon Oct 15, 2007 9:35 am

Post by TylerJ »

CA that is a bummer. Oh, well, no hard feelings.

sorry shaft.ed seemed like you were trying to aggravate people.

I know that if CA is scum that it doesnt mean that by extension that Chronx is scummy. I realize that like aioqwe said, it is a weak argument. But at least GH sees my stance.
ckillor
ckillor
Goon
ckillor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Mon Oct 15, 2007 9:50 am

Post by ckillor »

shaft.ed wrote: And finally ckillor, he seems to be trying very hard to not look like a lurker while actually lurking. If someone truly didn't have anything to add and wasn't worried about looking guilty, they just wouldn't add anything. But by posting the way he is he can attempt to not look like a lurker, but also be completely non-commital on his stances towards other players. This makes it easier for him to bandwagon in the future without looking like a waffle.

Sum of my post:
Fos CA
FoS ckillor
all i was trying to do was be a bit more active and make it so the mod wouldnt have to prod me again for not posting. I havent had any stances on people yet, so how can you say that by not lurking anymore i can be as non-commital as i want? anyone can be non commital if they want to be.
It so confusing that i would be less scummy if i didnt post at all than trying to be active, but not having any strong suspicions
yet
My bandwagon can beat up your bandwagon.
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Mon Oct 15, 2007 10:32 am

Post by shaft.ed »

ckillor wrote:
shaft.ed wrote: And finally ckillor, he seems to be trying very hard to not look like a lurker while actually lurking. If someone truly didn't have anything to add and wasn't worried about looking guilty, they just wouldn't add anything. But by posting the way he is he can attempt to not look like a lurker, but also be completely non-commital on his stances towards other players. This makes it easier for him to bandwagon in the future without looking like a waffle.

Sum of my post:
Fos CA
FoS ckillor
all i was trying to do was be a bit more active and make it so the mod wouldnt have to prod me again for not posting. I havent had any stances on people yet, so how can you say that by not lurking anymore i can be as non-commital as i want? anyone can be non commital if they want to be.
It so confusing that i would be less scummy if i didnt post at all than trying to be active, but not having any strong suspicions
yet
Actually no. By posting a lot, but with little content you can attempt to not look like a lurker. And only by either not posting, or not posting any content can you be non-commital. You are the only person posting frequently that is being non-commital in this game. The other non-commitals are those that are simply lurking and not trying to avoid prods.
Just because you don't know how to lurk properly, doesn't make your lack of content any less scummy.
ChocolateAttack wrote:request for replacement.
Bah, that's the second suspect to ask for a replacement today.
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Mon Oct 15, 2007 11:02 am

Post by theopor_COD »

groinhammer wrote:although theo is vote hopping like a crazy at the moment.
Do you think that's scummy?

Actually I don't think I am much but that's a meta issue.
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Mon Oct 15, 2007 11:44 am

Post by shaft.ed »

Actually ChronX has vote hopped more than theopor
MCHammer
MCHammer
Goon
MCHammer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Mon Oct 15, 2007 12:00 pm

Post by MCHammer »

chronx wrote:Isn't bussing when one scum tries to implicate their fellow scum to ease suspicion on themselves?
sorry, I thought it was when a player followed another player b/c they themselves were unsure how to proceed: an entomological faux par.
chronx wrote:I think ChronX action is explainable and I think he is town
this was CA's 2nd post! How could he possibly have any idea who is town/not! Straight after this he is questioned from pretty much most people & quickly back-tracks:
Yup, this is a bad play from me. I was trying to lay low until i got all questioned.
. Now my point over all that is this, CA's play has been noticeably below par from what I can see, my conclusion from which is that he probably isn't the best at posting (no offence intended here CA). For him to make such a noticeable move on his 2nd post gets me thinking scum-pair thoughts which is the whole reason why I said what I did. That is the logical route that I was going down, whether you feel that this is the same as the route you stated is up to you & the power of yr. vote.

To briefly reiterate my earlier: there are many people here who seem scummy to me & it doesn't seem like a huge leap for other people to be finding many people scummy:-hence the votehopping on D1.

Hopefully this goes someway towards clearing things up for you.
theo wrote:Do you think that's scummy?
not particularly on D1 dude.
TylerJ
TylerJ
Goon
TylerJ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Mon Oct 15, 2007 12:24 pm

Post by TylerJ »

vote hopping with little content is suspicious.
aioqwe
aioqwe
Goon
aioqwe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Tue Oct 16, 2007 1:31 am

Post by aioqwe »

TylerJ wrote:vote hopping with little content is suspicious.
I find vote hopping in general a tad scummy, more so when there is little evidence, or evidence is stretched... But the main argument for it being scummy is that scum can throw out their vote whereas because they just want to kill someone... However, town don't really have any flat out knowledge of who to vote for so they would be pretty much throwing their vote out as well...
shaft wrote:Actually ChronX has vote hopped more than theopor
implicit defense and subtle accusation... could be scummy...

Not really pulling things out... I'll review the thread some more later...
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Tue Oct 16, 2007 5:56 am

Post by shaft.ed »

aioqwe wrote:
shaft wrote:Actually ChronX has vote hopped more than theopor
implicit defense and subtle accusation... could be scummy
Or pointing out that someone was making a baseless argument. But that would be too simple wouldn't it?
somestrangeflea
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Tue Oct 16, 2007 6:21 am

Panzerjager replaces Chocolate Attack!

/waves
somestrangeflea
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Tue Oct 16, 2007 9:30 am

JDodge and Max have been prodded.

This being the second prod they've gotten today, they only get one more, after which, I will begin bypassing prods completely, and dive straight into replacing...

This is your warning...
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Tue Oct 16, 2007 1:47 pm

Post by shaft.ed »

aioqwe wrote: CronX seems to be throwing the votes around... I believe he's had the most vote changes... Could he be vote hopping?
Finger Nail of Suspicion: CronX
Seems that if casting suspicion on ChronX for vote hopping "could be scummy" you're in the same bote as I. Do you usually accuse people for doing things that you yourself have done?
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Tue Oct 16, 2007 3:54 pm

Post by PJ. »

Hi everyone, I'm reading so if I'm in danger of being lynched, please don't lynch me until I finish reading and can respond.

Unvote
In case I'm voting.
Hey Jdog, if chronx gonna ask to be replaced cause we're both in Team Asshat?
Sometimes a sandwich is just a sandwich.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”