Newbie Game #489 - Murder in Smallburg (Game Over!)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
zazq
zazq
Goon
zazq
Goon
Goon

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Thu Oct 11, 2007 5:11 am

Post by zazq »

you played mafia on some other forum?
I'M ON TO YOU, VILE SCUM!
Which forum?
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Thu Oct 11, 2007 5:13 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

First Vote Count of Day One:

sk407 - 2 (NabakovNabakov, coxy52k)

Boggzie - 1 (zazq)
mcpaltp - 1 (Boggzie)
NabakovNabakov - 1 (mcpaltp)
desolator - 1 (sk407)
coxy52k - 1 (desolator)

Not Voting - no one!

With seven alive, four votes will be enough to lynch.
sk407
sk407
Townie
sk407
Townie
Townie

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Thu Oct 11, 2007 6:08 am

Post by sk407 »

zazq wrote:
*threatens the serial killer with zappy electrodes*
So, sk407... Whats up with being a serial killer in a newbe game?! Are you aware tht you can't possibly exist?!?! Ha, outsmarted you... Anyway, using your ruthless killer sense, who is the scum?

---===Scumdar===---
02% NabakovNabakov
(ICs are always scum!)
01% Boggzie
01% coxy52k
01% desolator
01% mcpaltp
01% sk407
00% zazq

---===---
Actually, you make a good point in my opinion. It makes sense that someone with a lot of experience would be a scum along with a newbie in order to teach them how to be a good scum.
Wow, the 5555th member, lol. If that's not luck of the draw, I don't know what is.
Just so we're not confused here, my SK actually stands for Simpsons King. It does NOT stand for Serial Killer, lol. Although, it could be both at times...
zazq
zazq
Goon
zazq
Goon
Goon

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Thu Oct 11, 2007 6:21 am

Post by zazq »

Not True!
see C9.
mcpaltp
mcpaltp
Goon
mcpaltp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Thu Oct 11, 2007 7:03 am

Post by mcpaltp »

I've done a few live-action "werewolf" style games before and am just starting up on SA's mafias.

So, no, I'm not a total newbie.
sk407
sk407
Townie
sk407
Townie
Townie

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Thu Oct 11, 2007 8:21 am

Post by sk407 »

mcpaltp wrote: I've done a few live-action "werewolf" style games before and am just starting up on SA's mafias.

No, I know, I'm not a total newbie either, and I know some of the new people to the site AREN'T completely newbie, like you and coxy. But think about it. It wouldn't do any good if the host of a newbie game chooses two people, who are new to the site, to be wolves, because there is definitely a possibility that they are both total newbies. They wouldn't know or get any advise on "What to do in this situation", and things like which person to kill during the Night Phase so you don't appear scummy the next Day.

zazq wrote:Not True!
see C9.
Huh? Zazq, what was the point of you showing me this?
Wow, the 5555th member, lol. If that's not luck of the draw, I don't know what is.
Just so we're not confused here, my SK actually stands for Simpsons King. It does NOT stand for Serial Killer, lol. Although, it could be both at times...
sk407
sk407
Townie
sk407
Townie
Townie

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Thu Oct 11, 2007 8:23 am

Post by sk407 »

*to be scum

Sorry, I'm still used to "werewolf" style games too, lol.
Boggzie
Boggzie
Goon
Boggzie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Thu Oct 11, 2007 10:00 am

Post by Boggzie »

zazq wrote:Wow! NabakovNabakov is the most useful IC ever! Explaining things to people? What a concept!

Now that everyone's here, time for the glaring light style questioning!

*points the glary light across the dark room, blinding Boggzie*
Where were you on the night of N0?! Why don't you have a wiki page? And now for a real question. What's up with back stabbing your town in N462? That's totally not cool.
It's not cool, I agree. However when faced with a case against you, that stacks up like this:

- You're guilty because you defend yourself.
- You're guilty because you have a sense of humor.
- You're guilty because you happen to agree with another player.

...it becomes quite aggravating playing with those people. I know it sounds far-fetched, but feel free to read through the thread.
Then
when I finally did get lynched (after asking if I could just do myself in) one guy admitted while voting he knew I was innocent. :) It was a terrible group to be in and I had grown tired of it. So far, two people from the game have PMd me and apologized. I think they're the scum, but we'll see. It was just the absolute
worst
game of Mafia I have ever been involved with, anywhere.

Hope that helps. Good research too, never thought of looking at folks' old games.

I am embarrassed to say this, since I design sites and logos for a living; but I do not know how to manipulate a wiki page. :(. Is that just sad or what? If you could show me, I'd be happy to have one. I think it's cool how folks track their games and stuff.
Go Tribe!
sk407
sk407
Townie
sk407
Townie
Townie

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Thu Oct 11, 2007 12:24 pm

Post by sk407 »

sk407 wrote:
mcpaltp wrote: I've done a few live-action "werewolf" style games before and am just starting up on SA's mafias.

No, I know, I'm not a total newbie either, and I know some of the new people to the site AREN'T completely newbie, like you and coxy. But think about it. It wouldn't do any good if the host of a newbie game chooses two people, who are new to the site, to be wolves, because there is definitely a possibility that they are both total newbies. They wouldn't know or get any advise on "What to do in this situation", and things like which person to kill during the Night Phase so you don't appear scummy the next Day.

Oh wait, you were answering Zazq's interrgations, weren't you?

(Sigh) I should mention that SK also stands for Stupid Klutz sometimes.
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Thu Oct 11, 2007 12:44 pm

Post by NabakovNabakov »

sk wrote: It wouldn't do any good if the host of a newbie game chooses two people, who are new to the site, to be wolves, because there is definitely a possibility that they are both total newbies. They wouldn't know or get any advise on "What to do in this situation", and things like which person to kill during the Night Phase so you don't appear scummy the next Day.
False. All roles in all games are assigned completely randomly, not chosen. If both scum are raw newbies, tough luck for the scum. Both scum are IC's, tough luck for the town.
zazq wrote: *glares at NabakovNabakov from the corner of his eye*
You have played many more games then are refrenced on your wiki page. Being our resident IC, I'm glad to see you much more responsible than other ICs I've known. *cough Battlemage and Elias_the_Thief Cough* What do you think your job is, here in this newbie game?
I don't bother to update my Wiki page. The attempt to live up to my namesake is much easier to keep up with than a list of games.

My IC credentials (five completed games are required to earn the title):
Mini 451: Scum loss
Open 18: Town win (replacement)
Newbie 415: Scum win
Newbie 416: Town loss (replacement)
Mini 471: Scum win
I also replaced and made a single post in Animaniacs mafia (Town win) before being NK'd.

I think I'm more of an educating IC than a winning IC. In my general playstyle, I tend to see newbie-mistakes where other's jump on tells, and rather than voting them, I either try to smooth things out with the offender's playstyle or wait for true idiots to get replaced. I have a good grasp of game theory and like to think that I have the ability to explain it in an easy-to-understand manner.

That's not to say that I won't also play to win, I'll just set a good example while doing so.

Zaz and Bog
The game you are discussing is
ongoing
please stop discussing it immediately. Talking about games that haven't finished is:
1) Taboo. You could reveal information that shouldn't be revealed and are discussing the game where other players won't think to look.
2) A bad meta. You can't decide anything about Bog's play in that game because the roles have yet to be revealed (even if his has been).
Show
"Shut up!" one woman shouted at another.

"You shut up!" the second woman shouted back.

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
desolator
desolator
Townie
desolator
Townie
Townie

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Thu Oct 11, 2007 1:01 pm

Post by desolator »

zazq wrote:*tosses incrinating photos on the table in front of desolator*
Were you not the Doctor who died On the day of D2 in N430? What, in your oppinion, was your mistake? Also, I know curiouskarmadog, he plays good scum. And what's your gender?

(ICs are always scum!)
Oh just stop acting like the cop, we all know that your just a common perv taking such photos of me like that, you can see my sex in that picture, pervert!
In my opinion my mistake was not going with my gut instinct and second guessing myself whom to protect night 1, I would have protected meme, if I didn't second guess myself. What sucked about day 2 is that we got 3/5 replacments, I had no idea who was who.
(ICs are always scum!) FALSE!!!
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte
Boggzie
Boggzie
Goon
Boggzie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Thu Oct 11, 2007 1:18 pm

Post by Boggzie »

NabakovNabakov wrote:

Zaz and Bog
The game you are discussing is
ongoing
please stop discussing it immediately. Talking about games that haven't finished is:
1) Taboo. You could reveal information that shouldn't be revealed and are discussing the game where other players won't think to look.
2) A bad meta. You can't decide anything about Bog's play in that game because the roles have yet to be revealed (even if his has been).
Okay - I'm going to get this out in the open, real quick. You
seriously
need to stop the condesending posts about your "experience" in games. This is my fourth game
here
, so that makes me nearly as experienced as you, and I've played very similar games elsewhere. You're not teaching anyone anything, you're just annoying, so stop it.

I also have a very hard time thinking I'm the only one that feels this way. I'll also talk about anything I like until the mod tells me to do otherwise. And to that end - I have a very firm belief that if I declined to answer, I would have been called scummy. So, I answered.
Go Tribe!
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Thu Oct 11, 2007 1:45 pm

Post by NabakovNabakov »

As an IC, it's my responsibility to help inform other players of game rules conventions and theory. I don't see how my doing that is any offense to you. I have gotten positive feedback from other players in the game and fully intend to continue fufilling my IC responsibilities. Instead of complaining that I'm condescending to such an experienced player as yourself, it would be nice if you could help out. (Though talking in depth about an ongoing game has not been a good start)

Also, this feels quite OMGUSy to me.
Show

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
zazq
zazq
Goon
zazq
Goon
Goon

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Thu Oct 11, 2007 2:08 pm

Post by zazq »

I was not aware that one should not talk about ongoing games, but it makes perfect sense. People who are dead could considerably post information in other threads to help their former town and that would be bad.

Mod: If anything was said to be of consequence to other games, you may edit my posts.
I don't see anything worth editing, but thank you for being conscious of this from now on. -Flay

Thanks for pointing that out to us. (positive feedback for N^2!)

Wow, someone's bitter about stuff... Hay, have fun. No point in being grouchy. (negative feedback!)
coxy52k
coxy52k
Townie
coxy52k
Townie
Townie

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Thu Oct 11, 2007 11:46 pm

Post by coxy52k »

zazq wrote:you played mafia on some other forum?
I'M ON TO YOU, VILE SCUM!
Which forum?
so quick to judge :)

http://www.gpro.se/gpro.asp its actually a game about f1 but they have a game of mafia every now and then.

I think NabakovNabakov (can i call you NN?) is doing a great job and i am glad i have got him as an IC!
zazq
zazq
Goon
zazq
Goon
Goon

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Fri Oct 12, 2007 1:16 pm

Post by zazq »

A search for your username fails to produce results.
Are you lying?

*glare glare*
sk407
sk407
Townie
sk407
Townie
Townie

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Fri Oct 12, 2007 1:23 pm

Post by sk407 »

Actually, zazq, I was just looking at that site at The Simpsons RPG thread. He goes by the name "Rich Cox" there.

And sorry Bog, but I feel that Nabakov x2 is a very good IC too.
coxy52k
coxy52k
Townie
coxy52k
Townie
Townie

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Sat Oct 13, 2007 3:59 am

Post by coxy52k »

sk407 wrote:Actually, zazq, I was just looking at that site at The Simpsons RPG thread. He goes by the name "Rich Cox" there.

And sorry Bog, but I feel that Nabakov x2 is a very good IC too.
you have to use your real name on that site!

I am moderating that game! A bit crazy at the moment!

lets shake things up a bit as this is going nowehere!

unvote vote mcpaltp
zazq
zazq
Goon
zazq
Goon
Goon

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Sat Oct 13, 2007 1:20 pm

Post by zazq »

Wagon! Wagon!

You are lurking, Mr. mcpaltp! And you have not answered my question! The punishment for thus is being L-1'd! Muahahaha!

Unvote: Boggzie
Vote: mcpaltp

Be active and answer questions, you!

Hay, this is L-1! Don't none of you other newbies hammer without super good reasons!
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Sat Oct 13, 2007 5:03 pm

Post by NabakovNabakov »

Lurking isn't solved by punishment, it's solved by prods.

Is it a coincidence that the same two who were distancing at the top of the page have suddenly joined the same wagon?

Unvote; Vote: zazq
Show

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
Boggzie
Boggzie
Goon
Boggzie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Sat Oct 13, 2007 5:20 pm

Post by Boggzie »

unvote

I agree with NN on the "punishment" comment.

I also agree with the distancing comment, but I'm not going to just toss votes around as things seem to be heating up. There may be some emotional votes right now, I don't want to be part of a scum wagon.

Zaz, coxy; NN makes a good point. why all of a sudden do the two of you agree?
Go Tribe!
coxy52k
coxy52k
Townie
coxy52k
Townie
Townie

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Sun Oct 14, 2007 1:26 am

Post by coxy52k »

I didn't agree with zazq he agreed with me!

I changed my votes to try and get a reaction and i think i got one! zaz seemed very quick to agree, NN seemed very quick to anti react and Boogzie seemed to want to shy away!

unvote vote: zazq

But i don't like the way other people are being very quiet!
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Sun Oct 14, 2007 2:22 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

Second Vote Count of Day One:

zazq - 2 (NabakovNabakov, coxy52k)

NabakovNabakov - 1 (mcpaltp)
desolator - 1 (sk407)
coxy52k - 1 (desolator)
mcpaltp - 1 (zazq)

Not Voting - 1 (Boggzie)

With seven alive, four votes will be enough to lynch.
sk407
sk407
Townie
sk407
Townie
Townie

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Sun Oct 14, 2007 6:21 am

Post by sk407 »

Unvote

Zazq, you still didn't answer my question about why you showed that C9 thread. I mean, it just doesn't make sense because it didn't relate to what anyone was talking.
mcpaltp
mcpaltp
Goon
mcpaltp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Sun Oct 14, 2007 1:34 pm

Post by mcpaltp »

I'm suspicious of zazq, personally. She jumped on me pretty quickly and easily. Lacking other strong scummy targets, I'll

unvote

vote:zazq

(not OMGUS, she just seems the scummiest to me)

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”