California Trilogy - Dantès in Fresno (Game Over!)

MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
Slightly better than 50-50
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #1300 (ISO) » Fri Oct 12, 2007 1:45 pm

Post by MrBuddyLee »

er, holy crap.
dialing in mildly protown reads since 2006
foolinc
foolinc
Goon
foolinc
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1301 (ISO) » Fri Oct 12, 2007 1:47 pm

Post by foolinc »

PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:why wiki/google? he'll be dead soon anyway lol
I'm bored. :lol:
Tamuz
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1302 (ISO) » Fri Oct 12, 2007 3:06 pm

Post by Tamuz »

And why is LML defending foolinc.

And IH's last post seems off.
A lynch-1 as a placeholder?
Tamuz is the expression of the alienated, of the ambitious, of the dispossessed.
foolinc
foolinc
Goon
foolinc
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1303 (ISO) » Fri Oct 12, 2007 3:23 pm

Post by foolinc »

Tamuz wrote:And why is LML defending foolinc.

And IH's last post seems off.
A lynch-1 as a placeholder?
Could it be that I was protecting him each night because I thought he was town.

Survey says.....YES!
Mr. Grey
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mystery Host

Post Post #1304 (ISO) » Fri Oct 12, 2007 7:40 pm

Post by Mr. Grey »

Final Vote Count:
8 to lynch.

LoudmouthLee: 8 (Sarcastro/Dani Banani, Dragon Phoenix, IH, logicticus, LoudmouthLee, PookyTheMagicalBear, Talitha, Tamuz)

Mr. Grey: 2 (foolinc, Gaspar)
Sarcastro/Dani Banani: 1 (MrBuddyLee)
MrBuddyLee: 1 (VitaminR)
Talitha: 1 (Zindaras)

To view the complete table of pairwise results, put this information in this form.
Mr. Grey
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mystery Host

Post Post #1305 (ISO) » Fri Oct 12, 2007 7:43 pm

Post by Mr. Grey »

Explosive Exit

The sun is still well above the horizon when LoudmouthLee abruptly laughs and exclaims:

"I can't believe I'm going down for
this
! Whatever. Go on then, lynch me, I'm a mean evil nasty killer and I deserve it."

Mr. Grey and Jade enter the courtyard. Jade reveals the count, making the lynch official, and the guests lead LoudmouthLee to the tree. Minutes later, LoudmouthLee is standing with a noose around his neck, and Mr. Grey speaks:

"Any last words?"

"Words? No. But..."

A device drops from LoudmouthLee's left sleeve into his bound hands, and before anyone can react he presses a button and there is an earth-shaking explosion from somewhere just outside the mansion. The vibration is violent enough to knock LoudmouthLee off balance - the stand falls over and the murderer is left swinging as the guests look around, wondering what has happened.

Mr. Grey exchanges a few whispered words with Jade, and then addresses the guests.

"It appears that Mr. Wesson discovered a secret passage from his room to the servant's quarters. I'm unsure what - or who - he was hiding, but it will take us days to sort through the mess. I suggest you return to your rooms for the evening."

Paris, 24 May 1839

"Commissaire Maigret has refused to comment on the rumors that Baron Danglers, whose body was found this morning, was wearing a similar outfit to that of his recently deceased daughter. However, given the circumstances of their disappearance and subsequent reappearance, it is clear that their deaths are related in some way. The Commissaire admits that there are no new leads on the other missing - and now presumed dead - citizens, but he remains adamant that the police are making every effort in this matter." - M. Beauchamp

LoudmouthLee (Marcus Wesson, Mass Murderer) has been lynched. It is Night 3. Deadline for choices is 21:00 GMT Tuesday.
Mr. Grey
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mystery Host

Post Post #1306 (ISO) » Tue Oct 16, 2007 10:04 am

Post by Mr. Grey »

Youtube Confessional

The remaining guests gather with Mr. Grey around the casket of "VitaminR". The guests observe a moment of silence, but then appear ready to get on with the task of lynching someone else, fresh off yesterday's success. However, Mr. Grey has something else in mind.

"If I may have your attention, I have a video to play for you. It was found in VitaminR's room."

The latest android - Blanca - enters the courtyard with a tray holding a TV. She plugs in a cable from a small video camera, and presses a button to start the video playing. VitaminR's masked head appears on the screen.

"Hello. If you are watching this, I am probably dead. I am being held captive in a large mansion. At least, I think I am being held captive. We are being treated well enough, but several people have mysteriously died, and the guests are taking matters into their own hands. Within a few days, there may not be any of us left. I don't know why I am here, but having found a video recorder in my room... well, you know, in case something happens to me, maybe this will make it to the people I care about."

"Ma, you've got to be strong. Freddie and Ginger need you more than ever, now. If there's one thing I've realized, fearing for my life, it's that you've got to take life's opportunities as they come. Don't dwell on the past. I'll always be with you in spirit."

"Freddie, you're the man of the house now. You look after your mother and sister, you hear? Or I'll come back and haunt you."

"Ginger... you probably aren't old enough yet to have any memory of me when you're older. So. Hi. I'm the big brother you never got to know. I know you've grown into a beautiful, strong woman that I would've been proud of."

"Heidi... oh, sweet Heidi. I don't know what to say. I've been so scared to say what I feel, and now I may never see you again. I love you, Heidi, more than words can express. If I somehow get out of this, I swear I'll tell you all this and more."

"Isaac, hey bro... wait, what that behind you?! Heh... made you look. You always fall for that. Take care man, thanks for being such a great friend."

"I'm running out of time. I guess I will say my last words to my fellow captives. Avenge me. If I'm dead, I don't think I will much care who else dies with me. But I like to think that the world will be a better place without whoever is responsible for my death. Don't let them get away with it."

The video goes dead, and Blanca reenters the house with the equipment. Before the guests begin to discuss the day's lynching, Mr. Grey reaches down and removes VitaminR's mask...

VitaminR (Innocent Fresonian, Innocent) has been murdered. It is Day 4. It will take 7 votes to lynch before the deadline, which is two weeks from this post.
logicticus
logicticus
Mafia Scum
logicticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1307 (ISO) » Tue Oct 16, 2007 3:43 pm

Post by logicticus »

Interesting end of the day.

I dotn believe that lml had an investigate ability at all. SK + 1 immunity + "Disguises" = too overpowered.

Plus upon reading up on his character, there is nothing to indictate anything about disguises, so I dont buy that part.

As for who he claims to have killed, I dont see why he would lie about that....but if he didnt kill xyzzy that has to be one of the wildest coincidences ever.

I think the top 2 on my list right now are ces and ih.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #1308 (ISO) » Tue Oct 16, 2007 4:43 pm

Post by Talitha »

Why are you most suspicious of those two, logisticus?
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #1309 (ISO) » Tue Oct 16, 2007 4:54 pm

Post by Talitha »

I agree with your assessment that LML was likely lying about parts of his role, even though I disagree that the role as he claimed would be overpowered. It's possible he could day-kill as well as night-kill (would fit with the 'mass murderer' role). Seems balanced-ish if he got a kill at night, but had to take a risk to get an extra day-kill. I think this is the most likely scenario, but it's also just possible it was a bizarre coinidence. He still got 'caught' though, because as soon as he was in the spotlight he started lying and backing himself into a corner.
Dragon Phoenix
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Don't shoot the mod

Post Post #1310 (ISO) » Tue Oct 16, 2007 6:34 pm

Post by Dragon Phoenix »

One SK down, with my apologies to those whom I initially did not believe about LML. I think his attack on Pooky was just frustrated spite, does not seem part of his role.

I am bothered by the death of VitaminR. He was pretty low on most people's suspicion list and as such an obvious night target.

That makes me question Foolinc once more. I think you need to tell us whom you protected last night and why.
foolinc
foolinc
Goon
foolinc
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1311 (ISO) » Tue Oct 16, 2007 7:00 pm

Post by foolinc »

Dragon Phoenix wrote:One SK down, with my apologies to those whom I initially did not believe about LML. I think his attack on Pooky was just frustrated spite, does not seem part of his role.

I am bothered by the death of VitaminR. He was pretty low on most people's suspicion list and as such an obvious night target.

That makes me question Foolinc once more. I think you need to tell us whom you protected last night and why.
Since the mob was trying to nightkill LML the past two days (I am assuming that LML wasn't lying about that fact), I looked for someone who was just as vocal as he was, Gaspar. He wasn't as squeaky clean as VitR according to the voting, but if you remember LML (whom I assume the mob thought was a townie and not actually the SK) was on the hotseat for most of the game.

I also feel that his Mr. Grey theory held more merit after LML's role was revealed (From the wiki article I can't see him daykilling, and really I can't see LMLSK daykilling anyway. He needs to survive at all costs and daykilling with a password like LACE doesn't help with that).
foolinc
foolinc
Goon
foolinc
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1312 (ISO) » Tue Oct 16, 2007 7:03 pm

Post by foolinc »

Oh and before I forget, faked.

Mith is such a dick for making that my secret word... Of course if he wasn't, this game wouldn't be as fun.
Sarcastro
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastric

Post Post #1313 (ISO) » Tue Oct 16, 2007 7:28 pm

Post by Sarcastro »

I don't get it, Foolinc. Is there some kind of requirement that you have to say your secret word every day? Did I miss something?
[color=darkblue]If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.[/color]
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #1314 (ISO) » Tue Oct 16, 2007 9:01 pm

Post by Cogito Ergo Sum »

The LACE thing is still bull. Wesson certainly doesn't seem the type for poisoning people. So I stand by my position from yesterday and just gonna say you all got lucky.

I agree with DP that the Pooky-thing was probably just spite. I imagine it would be very frustrating to get lynched as the SK over a theory that's completely wrong.
Scumchat is awesome. Yarr!

~"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."~
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1315 (ISO) » Tue Oct 16, 2007 10:48 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

That's interesting the way you say that CES, it almost sounds resentful.

When you say "you all got lucky" it almost sounds as if you are not including yourself with us.

Do you consider yourself not a part of the town?

If not, are you scum?

If yes, would you consider the town not lucky for lynching the SK?
foolinc
foolinc
Goon
foolinc
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1316 (ISO) » Tue Oct 16, 2007 11:27 pm

Post by foolinc »

Sarcastro wrote:I don't get it, Foolinc. Is there some kind of requirement that you have to say your secret word every day? Did I miss something?
I'm looking at it this way. I've used it every day and nothing bad has happened because of it. So why would I stop?

Besides, for all I know it could be linked to my ability as a doctor (after VitR's role name, I'm not ruling out any form of mod bastardry).
Gaspar
Gaspar
Mafia Scum
Gaspar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1317 (ISO) » Wed Oct 17, 2007 4:25 am

Post by Gaspar »

(Glork.)

Well. Now that that's over with...

It should be fairly obvious that LmL almost certainly did
not
kill Xyzzy. I am also wililng to pass his allegations of PookyScum off as "you took me down, so I'm going to try to get you lynched" behavior. His passive mention of Zindaras is interesting, though; I did not take any time overnight to look at Zindaras or LmL's thoughts on Zindie, but I've made a little note to go back over Zindie's play eventually. Flavor aside, I agree with Tally that the role could be reasonably balanced.

Response to MBL's Gaspar-addressed post is forthcoming. I've been busy with work (and I'm actually *at* work as I type this up <.<). Definitely expect it before the end of the week.
IH
IH
Always Scum
IH
Always Scum
Always Scum

Post Post #1318 (ISO) » Wed Oct 17, 2007 4:56 am

Post by IH »

CES wrote:The LACE thing is still bull. Wesson certainly doesn't seem the type for poisoning people. So I stand by my position from yesterday and just gonna say you all got lucky.
I thought he was some form of scum regardless.

Talitha, what do you think of my claim after seeing VitR's role?
Pooky wrote:That's interesting the way you say that CES, it almost sounds resentful.

When you say "you all got lucky" it almost sounds as if you are not including yourself with us.

Do you consider yourself not a part of the town?

If not, are you scum?

If yes, would you consider the town not lucky for lynching the SK?
FoS:Pooky

I will explain more after CES's response.

The biggest question is, why would LML self hammer? Have you thought about an SK self hammering? It's counter productive. Scum have a reason too, as they can still win.... but an SK?

Based on that, and the nature of his role.... it may be possible that he's not an SK. Notice his alignment is Mass murderer, not SK, or Neutral. I don't think he's a "mafia" group, but.... the biggest thing that factors in is that he was hiding something.

Night scene information isn't usually reliable, but perhaps a bit of foreshadowing... meh.
Untrod Tripod (7:27:18 PM): you enjoy whoring
xcaykex (7:27:24 PM): yes
xcaykex (7:27:26 PM): i know that
Tamuz
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1319 (ISO) » Wed Oct 17, 2007 5:22 am

Post by Tamuz »

I think the self-hammer was caused because he was pissed off at the circumstances and vehemence of his bandwagon. Pooky, for one was relentless, and LmL got run up/into a reaction by something thats probably straight up bullshit coincidence. Either that or is God's way of making sure a positive balance between good and evil exists in this world.

I think thats just a stupid doubt to put into the town's heads IH.

And... let see... Pooky 1315, I'll let him run, he carried us to LML, lets see what more damage pooks can do to those harmful to us. (not saying I suppose pooky as clear mon)
Tamuz is the expression of the alienated, of the ambitious, of the dispossessed.
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #1320 (ISO) » Wed Oct 17, 2007 5:35 am

Post by Cogito Ergo Sum »

PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:When you say "you all got lucky" it almost sounds as if you are not including yourself with us.
I merely do not include myself in the group of people responsible for lynching LmL. Which is logical, because I opposed his lynch.
Scumchat is awesome. Yarr!

~"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."~
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1321 (ISO) » Wed Oct 17, 2007 5:38 am

Why do you consider us lucky?
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
IH
IH
Always Scum
IH
Always Scum
Always Scum

Post Post #1322 (ISO) » Wed Oct 17, 2007 5:43 am

Post by IH »

Tamuz wrote:I think the self-hammer was caused because he was pissed off at the circumstances and vehemence of his bandwagon. Pooky, for one was relentless, and LmL got run up/into a reaction by something thats probably straight up bullshit coincidence. Either that or is God's way of making sure a positive balance between good and evil exists in this world.

I think thats just a stupid doubt to put into the town's heads IH.
Like LML wasn't town.

yeah.

So why would an SK selfhammer?

Pooky, why did you throw suspicion on CES for an arbitrary statement?
Untrod Tripod (7:27:18 PM): you enjoy whoring
xcaykex (7:27:24 PM): yes
xcaykex (7:27:26 PM): i know that
Gaspar
Gaspar
Mafia Scum
Gaspar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1323 (ISO) » Wed Oct 17, 2007 5:44 am

Post by Gaspar »

PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:Why do you consider us lucky?
CES wrote:The LACE thing is still bull. Wesson certainly doesn't seem the type for poisoning people.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1324 (ISO) » Wed Oct 17, 2007 5:45 am

An SK would selfhammer because he was upset and angry.

Why do you want to know?
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”