Mini 499: Just Your typical Mafia Game GAME OVER!!!!!!!!

theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #650 (ISO) » Fri Oct 12, 2007 10:54 am

Post by theopor_COD »

skitzer wrote:Reason 2, Day 1 bandwagons are bad. Pure and simple.
Care to explain why?

Mod Edit

Vote Count

Kakeng- 3 (shaka!!, somestrangeflea, White)

skitzer- 2 (ChocolateAttack, theopor_COD)
somestrangeflea- 2 (cicero, Jester)
shaka!!-1 (Skitzer)

Not voting (4): Gorgon, Kakeng, pwayne66, Skruffs

7 to lynch

14 days till deadline
skitzer
skitzer
Mafia Scum
skitzer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #651 (ISO) » Fri Oct 12, 2007 11:02 am

Post by skitzer »

I believe that you just don't have enough information most of the time to make a successful lynch, therefore, we should at least wait until someone pings on the scumdar

(I'm probably implying my own demise...)
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #652 (ISO) » Fri Oct 12, 2007 11:06 am

Post by theopor_COD »

A bandwagon is not a lynch though is it?

What do you think of every bandwagon in this game? The AlyG one, The Guppy one, The second AlyG one, The Kakeng one? Basically do you think they are all bad?
White
White
Goon
White
Goon
Goon

Post Post #653 (ISO) » Fri Oct 12, 2007 11:07 am

Post by White »

Without a bandwagon there will never be a lynch. Generally you just gotta take what you can and leave the rest because people are not going to slip up in every game you're in on the first day. In addition, long drawn out day 1s almost encourage scum lurking.
Show
House Rules:

1. God came to my house and I killed him.

2. I will kill anyone who comes to my house like I killed God.

3. Give me one dead body and I might let rule #2 slide.

You have until Dawn.
skitzer
skitzer
Mafia Scum
skitzer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #654 (ISO) » Fri Oct 12, 2007 11:09 am

Post by skitzer »

Both AlyG ones were bad because they were on my replacement.
The Guppy one could have been bonafide because they were such awful players, it would have been a relief to get rid of them then. Skruffs is doing a good job now though.
The Kakeng one was kind of pointless and did not need to happen.

Remember the exception in my above statement.
somestrangeflea
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #655 (ISO) » Fri Oct 12, 2007 11:12 am

Post by somestrangeflea »

skitzer wrote:Both AlyG ones were bad because they were on my replacement.
But does that inherently make them "bad" wagons? Try to think about this objectively. If you weren't replacing AlyG, what would you think of his wagon?
skitzer
skitzer
Mafia Scum
skitzer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #656 (ISO) » Fri Oct 12, 2007 11:13 am

Post by skitzer »

Well, in that case...yes. It was a good wagon, and AlyG did not play very well (but look who's talking...lol) I'm kind of tired of this game. It just slows me down.
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #657 (ISO) » Fri Oct 12, 2007 11:21 am

Post by theopor_COD »

Ok so bandwagons are not bad. Comprende.

Unvote

I need to mull over a few things, Skitzer's claim still feels very off but I had a similar disbelief with a newb's claim in another game and was wrong. So bleh I dunno - he still strikes me as scummy. Any news on the Kakeng replacement situation?
skitzer
skitzer
Mafia Scum
skitzer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #658 (ISO) » Fri Oct 12, 2007 11:24 am

Post by skitzer »

No, incorrect.

Some bandwagons are not bad.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #659 (ISO) » Fri Oct 12, 2007 12:54 pm

Post by Skruffs »

THeo - what did Skitzer claim?
Also, not sure how much of a tell this is, but Jordan's intervention re: player replacing out's claiming could/might be construed that Kakeng is either power role or mafia.
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #660 (ISO) » Fri Oct 12, 2007 1:02 pm

Post by theopor_COD »

Skitzer's AlyG who claimed Backup.
shaka!!
shaka!!
Goon
shaka!!
Goon
Goon

Post Post #661 (ISO) » Fri Oct 12, 2007 1:26 pm

Post by shaka!! »

I never joined the BM bandwagon, I went scumhunting and found him one (imo).

Also, I had not realized that you had voted for me. The reason I WAS posting so much because I was at work which involves lots of waiting, and with nothing to do I just played the game. Also, now I'm back to school. Which means back to my normal posting habits.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #662 (ISO) » Fri Oct 12, 2007 5:33 pm

Post by Skruffs »

err.. wha. God, you get hit by ONE tree branch and you forget everything.

How about instead of targetting weak or lurking players, we target someone who is smarter, stronger-personalitied, and capable of actually defending themselves? The point of bandwagons is to get information. A smart playe will give us mroe information than a quiet one. And weak scum will show their cards and have the tables turned on them.

Has Gorgon or PWayne received any pressure at all yet today? Chocolate Attack? Shaka?
skitzer
skitzer
Mafia Scum
skitzer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #663 (ISO) » Sat Oct 13, 2007 5:52 am

Post by skitzer »

I guess since AlyG claimed(something I did notice) I should make no remark, but if I feel seriously i trouble I will claim.
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #664 (ISO) » Sat Oct 13, 2007 7:12 am

Post by theopor_COD »

skitzer wrote:I guess since AlyG claimed(something I did notice) I should make no remark, but if I feel seriously i trouble I will claim.
Er this makes no sense to me. What exactly do you mean?
skitzer
skitzer
Mafia Scum
skitzer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #665 (ISO) » Sat Oct 13, 2007 7:15 am

Post by skitzer »

Well...since I kind of ruined that post by complex paraphrasing. I guess I'll say this: AlyG was not lying. I am a backup.
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #666 (ISO) » Sat Oct 13, 2007 7:24 am

Post by theopor_COD »

Yeh like you said that before that's why I was confused. Bleh I ought to go back and review some things.

Someone elsewhere said long days = bad for the town. I'm starting to agree. Short days = bad. Long Days = bad. Why can't we have a middlish day for once. There's just too much crap to read.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #667 (ISO) » Sat Oct 13, 2007 8:34 am

Post by cicero »

theopor_COD wrote:Yeh like you said that before that's why I was confused. Bleh I ought to go back and review some things.

Someone elsewhere said long days = bad for the town. I'm starting to agree. Short days = bad. Long Days = bad. Why can't we have a middlish day for once. There's just too much crap to read.
Because every time town goes to lynch someone, someone else goes "you are lynch happy!! you must be the scum!!"
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #668 (ISO) » Sat Oct 13, 2007 8:35 am

Post by cicero »

Skruffs wrote:err.. wha. God, you get hit by ONE tree branch and you forget everything.

How about instead of targetting weak or lurking players, we target someone who is smarter, stronger-personalitied, and capable of actually defending themselves? The point of bandwagons is to get information. A smart playe will give us mroe information than a quiet one. And weak scum will show their cards and have the tables turned on them.

Has Gorgon or PWayne received any pressure at all yet today? Chocolate Attack? Shaka?
Normally one wouldn't ask others to apply pressure... one would simply take the initiative and apply some pressure.
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #669 (ISO) » Sat Oct 13, 2007 8:42 am

Post by theopor_COD »

Or more like the wagons form on decent candidates who flake and dissapear.

I agree with you however regarding Skruffs and the fact he replaced Guppy doesn't mean he gets a free pass, at the time Guppy was by a long shot the scummiest player around. Idiotic newbs are just as likely to be scum as Idiotic newbs turning up town.
White
White
Goon
White
Goon
Goon

Post Post #670 (ISO) » Sat Oct 13, 2007 11:14 am

Post by White »

Well,
unvote (?), vote Skruffs
. I've seen enough. Continuing to say things but not always willing to put his vote where his mouth is. Besides, you want to get someone pressured, here you go.
Show
House Rules:

1. God came to my house and I killed him.

2. I will kill anyone who comes to my house like I killed God.

3. Give me one dead body and I might let rule #2 slide.

You have until Dawn.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #671 (ISO) » Mon Oct 15, 2007 3:24 am

Post by Skruffs »

Interesting.
Guppy plays badly, and some people suggest he is too bad a player to be scum, and give him a pass.
Then I replace in, stir up discussion,and now, people start saying they want day to end and start putting votes on me for not, apparently, bandwagoning enough.

I will indulge white's request that I start voting more. He's slipped under the radar and is now getting itchy to get to night. Time to see why he's so cocky.
Unvote, vote: white
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #672 (ISO) » Mon Oct 15, 2007 5:20 am

Post by cicero »

Skruffs - I didn't say (I don't think) that Guppy wasn't scum. What I've said was I'd like a less obvious low hanging fruit lynch on day one. It is a personal preference. He did have a comment about "the mod knows I'm town" or something like that that gave me pause for a second and made me reticent to lynch him.

Now that you, a far more competent player, have the reigns of that role I'm far less opposed to pressuring and maybe lynching I'm not saying I want to at this point by any means. I'd really rather not have you die today, quite frankly. I'm just pointing out that the situation is changed. Unless I miss my guess though you have one vote on you. One. Why so defensive? A post like that one actually looks like it could attract a bandwagon when none exists O_o.

I agree that white has been impatient for night. I can't read his play yet. I see him as overly aggressive in all his games. I may meta him at some point and see what I can see. I certainly gave him to easy a pass early on.

Pwayne's play in this game is totally different, by the way, then it was in other games I've seen him play. But in those he turned out to be scum. I think he likes playing scum a lot more than scumhunting.

Theo - idiot newbs are approximately 25% as likely to be scum as town. It isn't an equal chance. You are right that idiot noobs can be scum though.

Skitzer - could you give us some idea of your role's flavor please.

Once again for emphasis:

Skitzer - could you give us some idea of your role's flavor please.

Mod - any news on the kakeng replacement front?

Absolutely nothing :(
ChocolateAttack
ChocolateAttack
Goon
ChocolateAttack
Goon
Goon

Post Post #673 (ISO) » Mon Oct 15, 2007 9:31 am

Post by ChocolateAttack »

skitzer wrote:I was dictating that the game was dysfunctional because of all the replacements. Now that replacing has calmed down, it's pretty straightforward

Also, I want to mention that I felt the lurkers were those who posted very rarely. I noticed that you post in strings, which is very strange. Others just post in one big post. Its like for you, each sepearte subject needs a post.

FoS: ChocolateAttack
Ok! here let explain my playing style, i tend to make many posts at the same time because i don't play alot. I only play one a day or one every 2 days or sometime more depend the flexibily of my schedule. And when i come to play, there are piles of posts i needed to read in other to catch up with the game and i make my post separate so it less confusion, for you as well as for me.
ChocolateAttack
ChocolateAttack
Goon
ChocolateAttack
Goon
Goon

Post Post #674 (ISO) » Mon Oct 15, 2007 9:37 am

Post by ChocolateAttack »

Skruffs wrote:Interesting.
Guppy plays badly, and some people suggest he is too bad a player to be scum, and give him a pass.
Then I replace in, stir up discussion,and now, people start saying they want day to end and start putting votes on me for not, apparently, bandwagoning enough.

I will indulge white's request that I start voting more. He's slipped under the radar and is now getting itchy to get to night. Time to see why he's so cocky.
Unvote, vote: white
You not stir up a dicussion rather a confusion. For each of the names you listed, you needed more concrete evidence showing they need a bandwagon or pressure. Also, you posts are reason-less which make you not contribute anything instead of creating confusion.

have you catch up to the game yet or you still reading?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”