competentpsycho
competentpsycho
Goon
competentpsycho
Goon
Goon

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Wed Oct 10, 2007 4:19 pm

Post by competentpsycho »

Wow, Erg0, do you do anything but monitor this to get the first post on every page and change your avatar (I like this one better than the eye and the b&w of the guy btw)?
d3sisted
d3sisted
Mafia Scum
d3sisted
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Wed Oct 10, 2007 4:21 pm

Post by d3sisted »

His commitment to moderating is very win.
This. Is. [color=red][b]SPARTA![/b][/color]

[color=red][b][i]V/LA Dec 22 - Jan 4[/i][/b][/color]
d3sisted
d3sisted
Mafia Scum
d3sisted
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Wed Oct 10, 2007 4:24 pm

Post by d3sisted »

competentpsycho wrote:Ok, so last game I played I was scum with White. He acted EXACTLY the same as he is now, which made me suspicious of him. I then went and searched out his other games and it seems he acts this way when scum and not as townie. Specifically, I have seen the giving an ultimatum before rather than hammering in the hopes that someone else will hammer to take suspicion off of him.

FOS: White
Can you link us the game?
competentpsycho wrote: Since we need 6 votes to lynch and there is only 7 townies left... that means we basically need 6 of 7 townies to vote on a scum, since I doubt any scum will vote for their scumbuddies, unless they are going to sacrifice one, but we would have to have a bandwagon on one to get them to do that anyway. We NEED to make sure we have the right guy this time.
You forget bussing scum.

Erg0
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Wed Oct 10, 2007 4:31 pm

Post by Erg0 »

I'm at work, what else am I going to do? :P

Oh, and I like this avatar the best as well.
"You were doing well until everyone died."
V/LA most weekends.
competentpsycho
competentpsycho
Goon
competentpsycho
Goon
Goon

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Wed Oct 10, 2007 4:38 pm

Newbie 463 was the last game I played that was with him.

bussing scum? What do you mean?
d3sisted
d3sisted
Mafia Scum
d3sisted
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Wed Oct 10, 2007 5:48 pm

Post by d3sisted »

"I WILL VOTE MY SCUMBUDDY TO MAKE MYSELF LOOK LIKE A TOWN!!! LOLZ!!"

d3sisted
d3sisted
Mafia Scum
d3sisted
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Wed Oct 10, 2007 5:49 pm

Post by d3sisted »

d3sisted
d3sisted
Mafia Scum
d3sisted
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Wed Oct 10, 2007 5:50 pm

Post by d3sisted »

competentpsycho
competentpsycho
Goon
competentpsycho
Goon
Goon

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Wed Oct 10, 2007 5:55 pm

Yeah, I was including that in sacrificing - didn't know there was an actual name for it.
Zeppo
Zeppo
Goon
Zeppo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Wed Oct 10, 2007 11:24 pm

Post by Zeppo »

White wrote:
skitzer wrote:No kidding. What a shocker. I thought it would be you or Max, since they have had prominent roles in this game.
Why does this sound insincere?
QFT. At a first read this set of some scum-alarms in my head. However on a reread I think he may be insinuating that the fact you and max haven't been bumped off in the night point to the fact you are scum.

A couple of other things have made me slightly suspicious of you actually, White. Firstly that you were quite aggressive against Corn yesterday (but then again so was I, I suppose) and your post 170, barely into day 2 and already you have a vote out there.

However
two things stop me thinking that you are scum. Firstly is that yesterday I didn't get any scum vibes of you. In fact I didn't really get scum vibes of anyone (other than Corn, obviously) this leads me to think that the scum in this game are probably the lurkers. But I will keep my eye on you just in case!
White
White
Goon
White
Goon
Goon

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Thu Oct 11, 2007 2:41 am

Post by White »

That's fine, I don't mind being scrutinized.

CP, i've found a disappointing trend in that I end up hammering a lot. I like to have closing suspicions before hammering so we can find scumbuddies afterward. I have also noticed that I tend to get cold feet about a lynch when i'm about to hammer scum or town(revealed after hammer).

Just as a thought but the scum could be letting me live because i'm not even suspecting them and would just take my overagressiveness in the wrong direction away from the scum. I am surprised i'm alive right now too.
Show
House Rules:

1. God came to my house and I killed him.

2. I will kill anyone who comes to my house like I killed God.

3. Give me one dead body and I might let rule #2 slide.

You have until Dawn.
Mr. Mean
Mr. Mean
Townie
Mr. Mean
Townie
Townie

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Thu Oct 11, 2007 7:51 am

Post by Mr. Mean »

O.K., I have a few things to say. Some people say that I have been lurking alot so I must be scum. I am lurking because it is my first game and I don't know why lurking would make me a scum. Secondly, I voted for white day one. I don't think that he is scum. I think he was just a litlle to vocal for my taste and scared me off a bit. Finally, I would like to share my vote.
vote: competentpsycho
I realy don't have any other suspitions but him right now.
Zeppo
Zeppo
Goon
Zeppo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Thu Oct 11, 2007 8:05 am

Post by Zeppo »

Mr. Mean wrote:
vote: competentpsycho
I realy don't have any other suspitions but him right now.
Care to share why you are voting for him?
Max
Max
Mafia Scum
Max
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Thu Oct 11, 2007 8:23 am

Post by Max »

I don't get what skitzers hinting at. Is he bread crumbing. I don't see why the mafia would bump me off? I haven't really had a prominent role in this game. Have you been discussing this with your scum buddies? I can't understand why scum would want White dead either he's contributing but I can't get a read on him, Most people can't get a read on him, he's unreadable of another extreme and I thought I was unreadable. If anyone tries to get a lynch on white they're most probably scum, In this rare instance I have trust in another player the unreadability is not bad.

FomS: Skitzer
White
White
Goon
White
Goon
Goon

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Thu Oct 11, 2007 11:00 am

Post by White »

Ok, thanks Mean for the content. To address some of your points.
Mean wrote:Some people say that I have been lurking alot so I must be scum. I am lurking because it is my first game and I don't know why lurking would make me a scum.
You have been lurking. The reason lurking is scummy is because you're not helping the town. More like the enemy of my enemy is my friend. You're not the enemy of my enemy so you're not my friend. You could also say it as you're not being protown and the absence of protown = anti town. Anti town is most of the time called scummy.
Mean wrote:Secondly, I voted for white day one. I don't think that he is scum.
If you don't think i'm scum, why'd you vote me and try to drum up other people's votes on me?
Mean wrote:I think he was just a litlle to vocal for my taste and scared me off a bit.
Sorry about that. :blush:
Mean wrote:Finally, I would like to share my vote. vote: competentpsycho I realy don't have any other suspitions but him right now.
Ok, your post has been good all except that it's missing one thing. Reasoning behind it. Back up your statements with examples of where they did this, break it apart like i'm doing by using the quote tags. Tell us why you find him suspicious, show us where you found him suspicious. Present cases. It's vital.
Max wrote:Is he bread crumbing.
*pulls hair out* DUDE!!!! You should SO know better than to point out what may be breadcrumbing. Why in the HELL are you trying to direct the scum to a breadcrumbing power role?! You doofus!
FoS Max
for blatently leading the scum.
Max wrote:I can't understand why scum would want White dead either he's contributing
Because i'm loud and make noise. Which means if I actually pick up on scum today i'll be loud and generally be a pest. And on the unlucky chance i'm in a good mood i'll present a case. Or many cases. But I will be agressive and scum don't like agressive people.
Max wrote:Most people can't get a read on him, he's unreadable of another extreme and I thought I was unreadable. If anyone tries to get a lynch on white they're most probably scum, In this rare instance I have trust in another player the unreadability is not bad.
Actually the general concensus from "most people" is that i'm scum or pesky. Obviously I can't be scum in every game so I just take it that i'm pesky.

Just so you know, trusting someone that you don't have a read on is almost as bad as trusting someone you have a scum read on. Don't trust someone ever in this game. But if you are going to trust someone, trust someone you're getting townie vibes from. Not an unreadable.
Show
House Rules:

You have until Dawn.
White
White
Goon
White
Goon
Goon

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Thu Oct 11, 2007 11:02 am

Post by White »

Bah EBWOP:

In addition, from your perspective, Max, that if anyone goes and tries to get me lynched you'll see them as scum, that is exactly why scum would want to nk me. So that they can have me dead without the suspicion of a lynch.
Show
House Rules:

You have until Dawn.
skitzer
skitzer
Mafia Scum
skitzer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Thu Oct 11, 2007 11:30 am

Post by skitzer »

competentpsycho wrote:Since we need 6 votes to lynch and there is only 7 townies left... that means we basically need 6 of 7 townies to vote on a scum, since I doubt any scum will vote for their scumbuddies, unless they are going to sacrifice one, but we would have to have a bandwagon on one to get them to do that anyway. We NEED to make sure we have the right guy this time.
Are you pushing for a bandwagon? That's not very good-looking. We should sniff em out before we immediately go bandwagoning.

Vote: competentpsycho
Mr. Mean
Mr. Mean
Townie
Mr. Mean
Townie
Townie

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Thu Oct 11, 2007 1:43 pm

Post by Mr. Mean »

skitzer wrote:
competentpsycho wrote:Since we need 6 votes to lynch and there is only 7 townies left... that means we basically need 6 of 7 townies to vote on a scum, since I doubt any scum will vote for their scumbuddies, unless they are going to sacrifice one, but we would have to have a bandwagon on one to get them to do that anyway. We NEED to make sure we have the right guy this time.
Are you pushing for a bandwagon? That's not very good-looking. We should sniff em out before we immediately go bandwagoning.

Vote: competentpsycho
I guess this would be part of my reasoning, he might think that if he can start a bangwagon vote he can influence it, and direct suspiction away from him.
Zeppo
Zeppo
Goon
Zeppo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Thu Oct 11, 2007 8:33 pm

Post by Zeppo »

White wrote:Obviously I can't be scum in every game so I just take it that i'm pesky.

Just so you know, trusting someone that you don't have a read on is almost as bad as trusting someone you have a scum read on. Don't trust someone ever in this game. But if you are going to trust someone, trust someone you're getting townie vibes from. Not an unreadable.
Surely this means we can't trust you! So we should ignore that post. Which means that we can trust you! So we shouldn't ignore that post. Which means.... :shock:
White wrote: In addition, from your perspective, Max, that if anyone goes and tries to get me lynched you'll see them as scum, that is exactly why scum would want to nk me. So that they can have me dead without the suspicion of a lynch.
Being serious now, I didn't like this post. I really don't think that a townie needs to post saying "anyone trying to lynch me is automatically scum." And of course if you were right (which I don't think you are), it just begs the question of why didn't the scum night kill you?
White
White
Goon
White
Goon
Goon

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Fri Oct 12, 2007 6:50 am

Post by White »

No, I didn't say anyone that tries to lynch me is scum from my perspective. I said if we followed Max's train of thought that anyone trying to lynch me is scum, yada yada yada.

Skitzer's "I agree, vote ****" is noted.
Show
House Rules:

You have until Dawn.
skitzer
skitzer
Mafia Scum
skitzer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Fri Oct 12, 2007 6:57 am

Post by skitzer »

I'm not quite sure what you mean by that.
White
White
Goon
White
Goon
Goon

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Fri Oct 12, 2007 7:12 am

Post by White »

It means you're still not actually scumhunting. You're taking other people's ideas and saying, "Yup, I agree" and wagoning.

Coming from you and my unique ability to meta you from like 3-4 ongoing games I can't know (because your alignment isn't known) whether it's a scum tell, town tell or null tell. So i'm just noting it for future reference.
Show
House Rules:

You have until Dawn.
skitzer
skitzer
Mafia Scum
skitzer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Fri Oct 12, 2007 7:26 am

Post by skitzer »

Oh. okay. I guess I didn't note that post by CP earlier. I always miss the important stuff.
White
White
Goon
White
Goon
Goon

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Fri Oct 12, 2007 10:44 am

Post by White »

Then read the thread more carefully.
Show
House Rules:

You have until Dawn.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”