Goon
pwayne66
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1100 (ISO) » Fri Oct 12, 2007 2:27 am

Post by pwayne66 »

I count:

FlameAxe (3), (Kakeng,Pwayne,white)
Kakeng (6), (TH,MoS,Theo,tyhess,Volk,Tar)

That's one to go on a Kakeng lynch.
Kakeng
Kakeng
Townie
Kakeng
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1101 (ISO) » Fri Oct 12, 2007 2:43 am

Post by Kakeng »

Hammer! Since you don't believe me, I'll just show you :)

Hammer vote: Ka Keng

P.s Investigate MoS
pwayne66
pwayne66
Goon
pwayne66
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1102 (ISO) » Fri Oct 12, 2007 2:54 am

Post by pwayne66 »

You didn't unvote. Not to be picky or anything, but you are robbing the town of data that it is going to need day two. I think that there might be people that still believe you. On that note, I would urge you not to do that again. It's my opinion that this day is still going.
Kakeng
Kakeng
Townie
Kakeng
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1103 (ISO) » Fri Oct 12, 2007 2:58 am

Post by Kakeng »

The only information you will get is that there should be scum on my wagon, which we already know. the only thing I am really doing is to help end the day. We're already at the 45th page. even if there are some who believe me, to most, a lynch is better than no lynch as I might be lying.
pwayne66
pwayne66
Goon
pwayne66
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1104 (ISO) » Fri Oct 12, 2007 3:02 am

Post by pwayne66 »

kakeng wrote:The only information you will get is that there should be scum on my wagon, which we already know.
If this is true, by voting yourself, you potentially save scum from getting their hands dirty.
pwayne66
pwayne66
Goon
pwayne66
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1105 (ISO) » Fri Oct 12, 2007 3:22 am

Post by pwayne66 »

I count 13.5 hours until deadline (please correct me if I am wrong!). I get off of work in 6 hrs, so my vote in 6 hours is the same vote I will have at days end. I need more evidence to hit Kakeng (at least some updated discussion). His current actions ring genuine in my book. My vote is on Flameaxe.
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #1106 (ISO) » Fri Oct 12, 2007 3:38 am

Post by vollkan »

13.5 hours....that makes it midday in my timezone, which means I can access the net easily.

Unvote, Vote: Flameaxe

I'm keeping my vote on Flameaxe for now. I cannot support the lynch of a claimed power role.
MoS wrote:
I'll have to write that down.

"Next time I am scum in a game with vollkan, claim a power role. He won't lynch me."

I'm sure you see what I'm getting at here.
I've been thinking about this for a while now, and it doesn't make any sense to me. Why even bother asking for claims if it is more sensible for me to ignore them?

In any case, Flame pings my scumdar more than Kakeng (as I said back in #1017).

If it looks like things are heading to a No Lynch, I will change, but there is no reason why I should be voting Kakeng right now.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #1107 (ISO) » Fri Oct 12, 2007 3:54 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

unvote
, no lynches tend to be bad and my vote will lead to one.

mod can we have an updated vote count?

I am going to be all types of busy the next 12 hours...proably going to check back in a hour or two.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1108 (ISO) » Fri Oct 12, 2007 5:11 am

Post by Guardian »

Official Vote Count #43

End of Day Vote Count, as of post 1101

Kakeng[7](Mastermind of Sin, Trojan Horse, theopor_COD, tyhess, vollkan, Tarhalindur, Kakeng)
Flameaxe[2](pwayne66, White)
tyhess[1](Oman)
pwayne66[1](curiouskarmadog)
White[1](Flameaxe)

Not Voting[0]()

Kakeng
reached 7 votes, and is lynched. He was a
pro-town roleblocker
. No flavor after 45 pages and 43 vote counts.

Night choices are due by Sunday evening, day 2 will start sometime around then.
Do not lynch me.
[wiki]Great Nibbler Takeover of 2008[/wiki]
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1109 (ISO) » Sun Oct 14, 2007 2:26 pm

Post by Guardian »

You wake up to find that the Indy 500 is still on television. It's been 24 hours, and they are showing no signs of stopping. You yawn, and almost want to go back to bed.

That is, until you see the blood of
White, townie
, splattered all over your window. How can you tell he's a townie? How can you tell that it's White? How does this same experience happen for each of you? This game isn't real and doesn't have to make sense, that's how.

As you walk down your stairs, you hear a blood curdling scream in the dawn light. You are intuitively sure that
curiouskarmadog
was a victim to another killing... But something about his scream is off... something makes you think that he was the
Cult Leader
. And you are right about this.

Nine remain alive in your previously peaceful village... it will take five to lynch.
Do not lynch me.
[wiki]Great Nibbler Takeover of 2008[/wiki]
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #1110 (ISO) » Sun Oct 14, 2007 2:32 pm

Post by curiouskarmadog »

bah,

That was a bad night indeed...
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #1111 (ISO) » Sun Oct 14, 2007 2:36 pm

Post by theopor_COD »

curiouskarmadog wrote:bah,

That was a bad night indeed...
For you maybe.

One team down - one to nail.

Time for a little re-read with this new information.
tyhess
tyhess
Goon
tyhess
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1112 (ISO) » Sun Oct 14, 2007 2:48 pm

Post by tyhess »

I would say that the night benefited us a lot. Anybody care to disagree? The only thing that could have been better was if we had lynched right, but even given what we now know, I still think it was the right move given the circumstances. Obviously I didn't want to lynch a roleblocker, but I really don't think we had another choice........But without a cult to deal with now, we have a 7 to 2 advantage and with what seems to be a serial killer (or something of that sort). I think the advantage is clearly in our corner now.
tyhess
tyhess
Goon
tyhess
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1113 (ISO) » Sun Oct 14, 2007 2:51 pm

Post by tyhess »

EBWOP- you think kak knew anything about MoS, or that was just his hunch?? Maybe a day cop or something???? (i don't think so since he was a roleblocker, but you never know.....)
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #1114 (ISO) » Sun Oct 14, 2007 2:57 pm

Post by Flameaxe »

It's not like his role was revealed on lynch or anything...
Defined by who I dislike, not who I like~
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #1115 (ISO) » Sun Oct 14, 2007 3:34 pm

Post by vollkan »

So much for cult mafia...

Anyway,
Tyhess wrote: I would say that the night benefited us a lot. Anybody care to disagree? The only thing that could have been better was if we had lynched right, but even given what we now know, I still think it was the right move given the circumstances. Obviously I didn't want to lynch a roleblocker, but I really don't think we had another choice........But without a cult to deal with now, we have a 7 to 2 advantage and with
what seems to be a serial killer (or something of that sort).
I think the advantage is clearly in our corner now.
It's much more likely to be vig than SK IMO. I'm usually the type to focus on worst-case scenarios, but this is a semi-open set up and we were told "2 mafia and a cult".

Furthermore, 3 scum groups is hideously unbalanced, particularly when one of them is a cult which can grow in size.

I mean, if the game opened at 8:2:1:1 (town:mafia:cult:SK) it would be possible for D2 to open at 4:2:2:1 which basically castrates the town in one day.

Hence, I think it far more likely that the current situation is 7:2 with a vig of some sort. However, we
must
remember that it could be 6:2:1 if CKD successfully recruited yesterday.
Tyhess wrote: EBWOP- you think kak knew anything about MoS, or that was just his hunch?? Maybe a day cop or something???? (i don't think so since he was a roleblocker, but you never know.....)
HIGHLY unlikely.

He was revealed as roleblocker and he never mentioned anything about a cop. More likely he was just suspicious of MoS for pushing his lynch.
tyhess
tyhess
Goon
tyhess
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1116 (ISO) » Sun Oct 14, 2007 3:43 pm

Post by tyhess »

That's what I thought as well Vollkan, but you never know....and the vig does make more sense.....
Trojan Horse
Trojan Horse
Oldest Trick in the Book
Trojan Horse
Oldest Trick in the Book
Oldest Trick in the Book

Post Post #1117 (ISO) » Sun Oct 14, 2007 4:18 pm

Post by Trojan Horse »

Obviously a vig; the mod's post which gave the setup (at the start) mentions only the cult, the mafia, and the town. That seems to preclude the possibility of an SK.

I don't know if the vig shot the cult leader and the mafia shot the townie, or if it was the other way around. But either way, this is quite a relief. I like our chances now. (And no more need to play "uh-oh, he claimed townie, he might be recruited" from here on out.)

Too tired to do any analysis right now. I'll see what I can do tomorrow.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #1118 (ISO) » Sun Oct 14, 2007 4:23 pm

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

tyhess why are you so eager to push "evidence" against me?

I really hope the cop (if we have one) did investigate me. That would be nice, then I don't have to worry about what people think of me and get down to scumhunting. Didn't expect ckd to be the cult leader, though.
Permanent V/LA.
Trojan Horse
Trojan Horse
Oldest Trick in the Book
Trojan Horse
Oldest Trick in the Book
Oldest Trick in the Book

Post Post #1119 (ISO) » Sun Oct 14, 2007 4:40 pm

Post by Trojan Horse »

Mastermind of Sin wrote:I really hope the cop (if we have one) did investigate me.
Funny; I was hoping he investigated
me
pwayne66
pwayne66
Goon
pwayne66
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1120 (ISO) » Sun Oct 14, 2007 5:02 pm

Post by pwayne66 »

MoS wrote:tyhess why are you so eager to push "evidence" against me?
I don't see where tyhess is pushing anything. Obviously, his question wasn't thought out, but you have indicated by your own words, that people are worried about you, why expect tyhess not to be?
pwayne66
pwayne66
Goon
pwayne66
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1121 (ISO) » Sun Oct 14, 2007 6:15 pm

Post by pwayne66 »

Vollkan wrote: However, we must remember that it could be 6:2:1 if CKD successfully recruited yesterday.
Could he have recruited if he was killed? Which choice get processed first? At anyrate, if CKD did get a recruit, would it be dangerous? I would think that It wouldn't be able to recruit and therefore completely harmless (except in the end game possibly...)
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #1122 (ISO) » Sun Oct 14, 2007 8:18 pm

Post by vollkan »

pwayne66 wrote:
Vollkan wrote: However, we must remember that it could be 6:2:1 if CKD successfully recruited yesterday.
Could he have recruited if he was killed? Which choice get processed first? At anyrate, if CKD did get a recruit, would it be dangerous? I would think that It wouldn't be able to recruit and therefore completely harmless (except in the end game possibly...)
Read the sample role PMs on page 1. The CR's (cult recruit) PM says nothing about inheriting the power after the leader dies or anything. And, if we look at the "failed recruitment" pm, it explicitly says "The cult leader tried..." I am pretty sure that Guardian would have mentioned something as significant as an inheritance ability, since it would really alter the game dynamics and would make the cult quite broken.

We can't assume that CKD being killed took priority over a possible recruitment. As such, there is a probability that we are in 6:2:1, with the final 1 being the cult recruit, who is effectively a powerless SK and an uninformed minority.

As far as danger goes, I think this is quite interesting. If it got down to something like 3:0:1 (which would be LYLO with a SK) then it wouldn't actually be LYLO. A mislynch would make it 2:0:1. Another mislynch causes a 1:0:1 draw.

In other words, it is virtually impossible for a CR to win now, unless a situation like 1:1:1 arises where the townie is a vig and the vig and mafia kill themselves in cross-fire.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #1123 (ISO) » Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:11 pm

Post by Oman »

Once the cult leader dies the cult cannot recruit, that is standard practise, though it may be different for this game (Cultist, can you please PM the mod and ask, then tell us?)

Actually I may just:
Mod:
Does a cult recruit inherit Cult Leader's power upon the latter's death?

Okay...if we have a cultist (and we may not, could've tried a powerrole or mafia) then we leave them for now. We have no idea who they are, and no reason to hunt them, the mafia are a bigger voting block now.

Tyhess was dumb, but I wouldn't vote on it.
It's unfortunate that good oral sex excuses bad chemistry. - Korts
Trojan Horse
Trojan Horse
Oldest Trick in the Book
Trojan Horse
Oldest Trick in the Book
Oldest Trick in the Book

Post Post #1124 (ISO) » Mon Oct 15, 2007 2:46 am

Post by Trojan Horse »

vollkan wrote:As far as danger goes, I think this is quite interesting. If it got down to something like 3:0:1 (which would be LYLO with a SK) then it wouldn't actually be LYLO. A mislynch would make it 2:0:1. Another mislynch causes a 1:0:1 draw.
I thought it was customary for the cult to win if it got down to a single townie and a single cultie.
Mod:
is that the case in this game?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”