shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #675 (ISO) » Wed Apr 20, 2016 6:39 am

Post by shos »

lol another pagetop!

Deadline is in
(expired on 2016-04-24 00:01:11).

With 13 alive, it takes 7 votes for a lynch.

VC 1.8
Votecount #1.8

BlueBloodedToffee
(1) - FA_Q2.
The Banterlords
(0) -
FA_Q2
(2) - BlueBloodedToffee, Code Of Honor.
Dragon Knight
(0) -
BlackStar
(0) -
Code of Honor
(1) - Ircher
Ranger
(4) - TheDominator37, MagnaOfIllusion, Dragon Knight, BlackStar.
Masquerade
(0) -
Ircher
(0) -
TheDominator37
(1) - Polar Vortex.
MagnaofIllusion
(2) - Ranger, Masquerade.
Polar Vortex
(0) -
A Real Scourge
(0) -

NOT VOTING (2) - A Real Scourge, The Banterlords.

NOTICE:

1. TheDominator37 has been prodded for lack of sufficient content.

Did you know?

the "SRS" of the scientists in the residential area stand for "Sex and Reproductive Systems".
Last edited by shos on Wed Apr 20, 2016 7:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
In post 836, Lucky2u said:

Rule # 5h05: players should not attempt to use or manipulate the mod for any purpose.
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea
Pronoun: He / Him / His

Post Post #676 (ISO) » Wed Apr 20, 2016 6:40 am

Post by Ircher »

In post 672, Code of Honor wrote:Hey Ircher, what are your thoughts on the Ranger wagon? You said you wanted to lynch Dragon or Ranger, but now that Ranger picks up you forgot that sentiment entirely.

I was semi-joking when I said that, albeit the fact I dont believe both are town due to the claims.
Links: User Page | GTKAS
Do you have questions, ideas, or feedback for the Scummies? Please pm me!
Code of Honor
Code of Honor
Townie
Code of Honor
Townie
Townie

Post Post #677 (ISO) » Wed Apr 20, 2016 6:44 am

Post by Code of Honor »

In post 676, Ircher wrote:
In post 672, Code of Honor wrote:Hey Ircher, what are your thoughts on the Ranger wagon? You said you wanted to lynch Dragon or Ranger, but now that Ranger picks up you forgot that sentiment entirely.

I was semi-joking when I said that, albeit the fact I dont believe both are town due to the claims.

Does your ass hurt from sitting on that fence and avoiding things?
Hydra of Titus and Xkfyu
Dragon Knight
Dragon Knight
Goon
Dragon Knight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #678 (ISO) » Wed Apr 20, 2016 7:40 am

Post by Dragon Knight »

In post 677, Code of Honor wrote:
In post 676, Ircher wrote:

Does your ass hurt from sitting on that fence and avoiding things?

I'd say speak for yourself but first you'd have to actually speak.
Hydra of Firebringer and DiamondSentinel

Sorry for the cancer!
BlackStar
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #679 (ISO) » Wed Apr 20, 2016 7:59 am

Post by BlackStar »

UNVOTE: I just realized that u don't like anyone on the ranger wagon.
BlackStar
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #680 (ISO) » Wed Apr 20, 2016 8:00 am

Post by BlackStar »

*I
Dragon Knight
Dragon Knight
Goon
Dragon Knight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #681 (ISO) » Wed Apr 20, 2016 11:57 am

Post by Dragon Knight »

We've got less than 3 days. We need to crack down on a lynch, or agree for no-lynch. I don't want a no-lynch, but we're also getting nothing done here.

Sorry for the cancer!
Polar Vortex
Polar Vortex
Goon
Polar Vortex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #682 (ISO) » Wed Apr 20, 2016 12:04 pm

Post by Polar Vortex »

In post 588, MagnaofIllusion wrote:
In post 547, Polar Vortex wrote:Why is it unsurprising?

As I explained to Code above – my gut reaction to the terrible “case” (if you want to call it that) Ranger threw at me was “scum”. I disagree with your premise that this stance isn’t Scum looking to diffuse the wagon on them. A Town player in Ranger’s shoes should have some suspicion of the players whose case on Ranger’s slot is “Meta from prior player and lurking”. There was enough noise made in that direction that several other players stepped in to say “No, not lynching that”. But Ranger blithely just chalks that whole crew up to “Unimpeachable Town” which to me makes no sense from a Town standpoint. Especially on the basis she has provided as support.

You say it is unsurprising that she called her accusers town, but you're arguing that she's scum because she's not doing what you'd expect a town player to do in her position. It sounds like scum-her would have been better doing the expected from town and pushing one of her towny suspects, making her look town and still helping her push a mislynch. So her reads are not as expected or unsurprising as you made it sound.

Also, why is it so hard to believe that she does find them to be town? I find it harder to believe that a scum player would give up on such easy pushes.

In post 547, Polar Vortex wrote:Yeah, I really don't get the "Scum looking to survive" vibe from her. I mean, it's not like she claimed cop at L-1

See this comment confuses me. Do you think it was scummy for a player to claim Cop at L-1? Independent of what I think of Dragon’s play that lead to the wagon I don’t see anything inherently more scummy about claiming at L-1 as opposed to Jean claiming Watcher effectively “just because”. Of the two Jean’s claim looks objectively worse when viewed form a distance.

A cop claim at L-1/2 from a suspected player is always something to be weary of. I think I've already said how damaging it could be to us if he's scum, but I'll say it again. If he was getting lynched on D1, the cop claim buys him another night (where he can kill and or use his role) and another day, where he can claim a result, which can lead to a mislynch. A mislynch on day 2 would buy him yet another night and day. A cop claim is a free ticket. He loses nothing because he was already getting lynched and he can win two nights and two days, plus all the chaos and distraction he can cause.

It's much different from Jeanne's claim. She wasn't under as much pressure, there was talk of lynching her but no wagon. Her claim had risks (DK's didn't). Claiming cornered her into a role that could bring her difficulties later on. If she had the role she'd have to use it wisely because she'd have to reveal her results and couldn't risk getting caught lying. If she didn't have the role the risk would be even bigger because she'd be forced to lie. This was entirely avoidable. It is counterproductive and unnecessary. If there's something bad about her claim is that it was also completely unnecessary for her to do claim as town, but Jeanne obviously didn't bother to play and relied on her role to survive.

In post 548, Polar Vortex wrote:MoI, talk to me. I thought you'd see this, but apparently you don't. How is ranger's lynch acceptable but DK's isn't, taking not just their claims, but their play in consideration?

-Snow (previous one was mine too)

Ok I thought I had been talking to you this entire time. :P

I think I’ve explained this in my response to Ranger but I’ll reiterate – both players I’ve read as scummy. Dragon for his early player which earned my vote and Ranger for the replace in reads which to me don’t logically come from a Town standpoint. As I said earlier – I’m not lynching an UnCCed Cop Day 1 no matter how bad their player is. Dragon’s claim will be tested via Night and re-assessed. On the other hand I don’t believe a Watcher is nearly at the level of Cop as far as leash Day 1 goes.

Is Ranger my preferred lynch? No, not at this stage. But it is a lynch I would consider dependent on how my read on the slot develops.

As much as I'd like to, I'm not arguing for a DK lynch, I'm giving them a chance and hoping they're town, even though I'm aware their claim can be really hurtful to us if they're scum. So, if I'm willing to take this risk with DK, as are you, why aren't you willing to take the risk with Ranger? Because her reads "don’t logically come from a Town standpoint"? Because her role is weaker? Opinions. Opinions I disagree with. "Opinions" that to me can't logically come from a Town standpoint.

You're downplaying the value of her role and stubbornly scum reading her for things that are just wrong, no matter how well you try to justify them.

- Snow
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea

Post Post #683 (ISO) » Wed Apr 20, 2016 12:16 pm

Post by Ircher »

Yeah, okay, past page 20.

We're definitely not lynching Ranger today, and that's final.
Dragon Knight
Dragon Knight
Goon
Dragon Knight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #684 (ISO) » Wed Apr 20, 2016 12:22 pm

Post by Dragon Knight »

Ircher, Ranger is quite good at faking a town game, and her slot, Jeanne, was 5 billion percent scum. She is a very good lynch.

Sorry for the cancer!
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea

Post Post #685 (ISO) » Wed Apr 20, 2016 12:32 pm

Post by Ircher »

You dont lynch someone just cuz they have a string scum game. Ranger has an equally strong town game, so your point is?

Jeanne was scummy for lurking, generally, I'd like to PL any lurking slots. But, the slot claimed watcher -- not lynching a potentially useful role that is also a very powerful player D1.
Dragon Knight
Dragon Knight
Goon
Dragon Knight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #686 (ISO) » Wed Apr 20, 2016 12:52 pm

Post by Dragon Knight »

In post 685, Ircher wrote:You dont lynch someone just cuz they have a string scum game. Ranger has an equally strong town game, so your point is?

Jeanne was scummy for lurking, generally, I'd like to PL any lurking slots. But, the slot claimed watcher -- not lynching a potentially useful role that is also a very powerful player D1.

1. That's poor logic, not lynching because of a claim.
2. Watcher is also very often a scum role. No saving claim there, unless you're poor at town.

Sorry for the cancer!
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea

Post Post #687 (ISO) » Wed Apr 20, 2016 1:02 pm

Post by Ircher »

1. When I post my notes and point out of a few of your tunneling posts, I think you (might) understand
2. No arguing there, but still not lynching a skilled player that often gets nk'd as town anyone D1 just cuz they claim a role that is more often scum.

Past page 22. Saw Magna's stupid case(s) against Ranger. I gave responses to one of the walls in my notes.

VOTE: Magna
Polar Vortex
Polar Vortex
Goon
Polar Vortex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #688 (ISO) » Wed Apr 20, 2016 1:09 pm

Post by Polar Vortex »

In post 658, MagnaofIllusion wrote:
In post 656, Polar Vortex wrote:Two wagons I have absolutely no interest in. Can we go back to compromising on Dom? Yeah, Blackstar, it's not really what he's done but what he hasn't done. Still, his posts don't seem genuine to me at all and like I said, that sarcasm thing was really jarring

Bearbert

Ok then help me out here - have you read the back and forth Ranger and I have had? If so please let me know what you see in our interaction that screams Town to you. Or what point I am making you think don't hold up. Or if you haven't please do so.

In post 663, Polar Vortex wrote:Didn't follow it closely since I'm not interested in lynching either of you today. But a lot of what you dislike about her seems like personality. I'm also annoyed by the constant references to the wiki, but I see it as townish. Like that seems to me like a town mindset, going back to some established rules to put some order into chaos. I don't agree with her but I can see where she's coming from.

I also felt you misunderstood the point about you sounding like somebody else. She tried to describe your playstyle in a manner that made sense to her, not attempt to use meta against you(like she accused you of having a certain distanced playstyle that was similar to somebody else, not because you sounded like somebody else and he was scum).
That whole arguement was semantics and really minor(and annoying to read)

I think you scumread her for the same reason that you scumread Blackstar: because you don't like their playstyle. Whether this is intentional(as in attacking stuff that you objectively think it's bad so you can look town) or it's your playstyle I can't tell at the moment.
I agree her townreading the people voting her was strange but I don't find that suspicious(and I think Snow has talked about this). But if you examine the motivation it looks firmly town from my standpoint.

Bearbert D

Quoting my other head for context. When he says it feels like you misunderstood her, it feels like you misunderstand a lot of things, or rather, that you just don't understand a lot of things that I'd expect a player with your quality and level of experience to understand. That meta argument, it was something as simple as she suspecting you because your play fits a certain scum playstyle she'd seen before, we all do this, we all judge things based on our past experience, but you managed to twist this into something else and use it against her. Then you weave a whole narrative how she's just trying to look town and win some debate points; pointing to the wiki to win points. This isn't about points, not for town at least. She's just arguing, attacking your points and defending hers. You argue her role isn't valuable enough to not lynch her and that it makes sense as a scum role, she points to the MS wiki which states Watcher is a powerful role to town and not so powerful to scum. Your reply is that she's trying to win some virtual debate currency...

Your suspicion on Blackstar. Similar thing. Simple posts are apparently misinterpreted and wrongly judged. And then you refuse to give in and admit or even consider that maybe you're wrong about your reads when confronted, or simply that things are not the way you perceive them. You work your way into a tunnel and refuse to get out of it, even when the exit is right in front of you.
Polar Vortex
Polar Vortex
Goon
Polar Vortex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #689 (ISO) » Wed Apr 20, 2016 1:11 pm

Post by Polar Vortex »

- Snow ^

VOTE: MagnaofIllusion
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #690 (ISO) » Wed Apr 20, 2016 1:13 pm

Post by Ranger »

BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Ranger, I don't understand how you're town reading me?
Because you lack subtlety and I know mod meta means your role is town-aligned.
AKA, rBree2. Casual tryhard. I've Quite the RANGE. #pluralgang
"Interestingly though, town winrate in Blitzes has been really high."
- RadiantCowbells |
"Ranger's been town in most of them."
- Plotinus
"Ranger fake claiming? I'm shocked"
- usesPython
Game History
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea

Post Post #691 (ISO) » Wed Apr 20, 2016 1:23 pm

Post by Ircher »

Nothing good in last 5 pages... Finished catching up. Notes in a sec.
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea

Post Post #692 (ISO) » Wed Apr 20, 2016 1:26 pm

Post by Ircher »

Spoiler: Mini 1783 - Replacement Catchup Notes
1. - Banter complains about RVS since they already caught BlackStar -
I didn't catch anything. Silly things happen including fake slips in RVS -- Don't make mountains out of molehills. -
Null-Scum-Indicative

2. - Polar partially claims role (Ascetic) -
I guess this helps town some, but the claim by itself is simply --
Null-Indicative

3. - L-1 vote on Dragon by Magna -
Okay, this isn't RVS, so why are you trying to Quicklynch? L-1 this early in the day phase are incredibly antitown. -
Null-Scum Indicative

4. - According to Code, going from a few scum to 2 is backtracking -
This post is just wrong. Town are silly and uninformed. They'll occasionally sheep wagons for little to no reason. Trying to paint this as scum backtracking is bad because he might be implying that a few scum (which 2 is a few) might be leading it. That's an inference I've drawn, but just cuz the reasoning and the conclusion are not t8he same does not mean the person is wrong or necessarily scummy. They are stting their opinion on the wagon, and you really cant scumread for that. -
Scum-Indicative

5. - Dragon claims Cop. -
Is your sanity guaranteed? -
Null-Scum Indicative
- I don't like this claim really as it's too easy to claim and possible it doesn't exist. It's role madness, so a sane cop just seems like it would completely break balance unless there's a godfather.

6. - Jeanne Claims "Close to" Cop Role -
And this was relevant because? (Why'd I get the super boring role?) -
Null-Scum-Indicative
- Simply cuz timing is attrocious and as town, you shoudn't be telling scum who to NK.

7. - Jeanne claims watcher. -
I would take this as a CC of Dragon's cop role. Traditionally, watcher tends to be a mafia role more often than not, yet at the same time, the earlier Cop claim seems bad. -
Null

8. - Prod dodge by BBT -
Wouldn't take this as AI fyi. BBT catches up when he feels like it,and that's all there is to it. -
Null-Indicative

9. - Banter wants o lynch Jeanne and investigate Polar -
That isn't a bad idea.... Except you told scum that -
Null-Indicative

10. - Dragon says claim ascetic earlier -
Polar did. Stop looking for stupid reasons to lynch Polar for. -
Null-Scum Indicative

11. - Black casts naked vote... -
Black sure has cast quite a few naked votes without any reasoning to follow. Not sure if this is lazy town or lazy scum though..... -
Null-Indicative

12. - Dragon votes Ranger for just readlists with no reasons -
As annoying as it is, it's not really a scumtell.. Especially since 1) Ranger replaced in and is still catching up and 2) It's more likely a playstyle thing anyway and 3) Some of the better users on this site can capture scum without giving reasons why. This just looks like you trying to find whatever reason you can to get the claimed watcher slot lynched, which is just anti-town. If there was an actual case aside from 1) inactivity and 2) Ranger not providing reasons for reads until she finishes catching up, then I'd be less inclined to scumread you for this. -
Scum-Indicative

13. - Ranger's catchup notes -
Maybe this will help me in reading you..... Yeah, I think I like those conclusions. And, they're the most comprehensible reasons and well-backed reasons I've seen so far in this thread. -
Town-Indicative

14. - Polar's thoughts scourge (post before shows strong resistance to Ranger lynch) -
Some good points raised here. Now, if we could just have some elaborations on all our reads..... But, I do like these posts for towns, primarily cuz they are trying to scumhunt rather han engaging in stupid TvT or tunnels with no logical reasoning behind them. -
Town-Indicative

15. - Dragon still adamant that Ranger is scum. -
Why? I've seen no case for it and yet you continue to push it. No evidence = No support. -
Null-Scum Indicative

16. -
I know I oughtn't say this since I'm not a super good player, but do you know what confirmation bias is? I think not, as your adamant refusal to reconsider has no rationale basis -
Null-Town-Indicative
- because I'm starting to think you're just town making the stupid mistake of death tunneling a player....

17. - Black claims always town -
Haha! Same here! And no, unfortunately this is still not my first scum game. -
Null-Indicative

18. - Responses by Magna to Ranger -
This is pathetic, and not the same sort of pathetic as Dragon. Let's see: 1) Ranger wasn't pretending: she prob. quickly skimmed the recent section and therefore missed it 2) Watcher is by no means a weak pr for town or scum. 3) I guess clarification is fine, though it feels like you are just looking for more fodder to use against Ranger 4) Not thinking about wagon compositions is not a scumtell. It's an easy "mistake" to make when not paying close ttention. 5) Cop is strong, but has a lot of nerfs to it (sanity, godfather, framer, miller, ascetic.......). Doc I will agree is a very strong role all the tome. Vigilante is not a strong role at all; fun: yes, good utility for town: absolutely not. Watcher is less powerful than a role cop, but more powerful than tracker making it a powerful mid-tier role. 6) Watcher is an investigative role just as much as Cop. I don't see why you are ok with one's lynch yet adamantly against the other one, esp. since the one you are for is being more productive than the one you are against. - This just reads as scum trying to setup mislynches -
Very Scum-Indicative

My reads are fyi, not solely based on this, but those I comment more frequently tend to be my stronger (typically scum) reads.

And yes, you SHOULD read this and anything else I put in spoilers before you ask me for clarifications on my stance.

Magna's still my top scumread, with Scourge 2nd and FA_Q2 3rd.

Ranger is my top townread with Dragon (unfortunately) second and Polar 3rd.
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}

Post Post #693 (ISO) » Wed Apr 20, 2016 1:30 pm

Post by Ranger »

MagnaofIllusion wrote: The fact that you are clinging to this stance with every ounce of strength you can muster when the stance is meta (which is generally pretty bad as a source on its own) that isn’t even specific player meta is suspect.
You know, you keep on saying it's meta...but it's really not.

It's a particular behavioral tell.

And furthermore this whole back and forth with your doesn’t read at all as a player doing anything that actually amounts to making a read.
Of course I'm not making a read. That's because the read already exists. I'm not beginning to have a read; the read was formed from the moment I read your posts.

The constant reference to the Wiki is a perfect example – it is like you believe continually appealing to some outside source will win you the points in the debate.
Or, you know, you are
claiming something that is provably false
, and I'm showing the evidence for why it's false. It's like you're claiming the Earth is flat, and me linking to a Wikipedia article on a globe.

Not a single lick of this discussion revolves around why I'm scum.
Admittedly, I was rather lazy in that regard. I never built my case on you. This? This is mostly building off of one point: that you, as town, would absolutely never be advocating for the lynch of a Watcher, a role of absolutely-comparable strength to a cop, especially after making the argument to not lynch a cop. It is an argument showing through definitive evidence that you have shown an inconsistency in your play, which all your walls are trying to cover up.

Because if you really did think that someone "Going after a strong Town role" was scummy you would not have come to "Uber Town" reads on all three.
Going after a strong town role is null by itself; people are idiots. (See also: Firebringer still thinking I'm scum.) Going after a strong town role, after
advocating not going after a strong town role
, is absolutely scummy because it shows a strong inconsistency.

It is that those three players voted you individually for reasons that at best are borderline valid.
And? Just because the reason for voting isn't valid doesn't mean the player is scum from it. See also: people are idiots.

You can’t articulate anything in terms that isn’t broad generalizations and thus go to the “I’m good so sheep me” well.
Actually, I can. I just haven't. Not once have I made reference to your older posting. And yet, my scumread existed on you prior to your logical inconsistency, which makes up the majority of my posting on you right now. That's because I haven't even made the case on you yet, out of laziness. Not lack of ability. I simply haven't chosen to make it yet.

MagnaofIllusion wrote:I’m certainly willing to compromise on Dom as deadline approaches.
Here's a new one: TheDominator is the first vote on my wagon. He's willing to join the wagon that his compromise-lynch is pushing.

Admittedly this isn't a strong point, but he makes absolutely no mention of how TheDominator is on his current wagon of choice.

Oh.
And if you want me ranting about the composition of wagons.
{TheDominator, MagnaofIllusion, Dragon Knight, BlackStar} is a good thing to rant about. Not a single vote in the lot which is actually good. Sure, not all scum. Probably mostly town. But definitely not all town.
- RadiantCowbells |
- Plotinus
- usesPython
Game History
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}

Post Post #694 (ISO) » Wed Apr 20, 2016 1:32 pm

Post by Ranger »

Code of Honor wrote:Hey Ircher, what are your thoughts on the Ranger wagon? You said you wanted to lynch Dragon or Ranger, but now that Ranger picks up you forgot that sentiment entirely.
This very well could be scum hoping to get traction on my wagon going by making Ircher switch over.
- RadiantCowbells |
- Plotinus
- usesPython
Game History
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}

Post Post #695 (ISO) » Wed Apr 20, 2016 1:33 pm

Post by Ranger »

BlackStar wrote:UNVOTE: I just realized that u don't like anyone on the ranger wagon.
And it's things like this why I don't want to lynch BlackStar.

Incidentally, MagnaofIllusion
should
have been saying this.

He didn't.
- RadiantCowbells |
- Plotinus
- usesPython
Game History
Dragon Knight
Dragon Knight
Goon
Dragon Knight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #696 (ISO) » Wed Apr 20, 2016 1:37 pm

Post by Dragon Knight »

Those are the WORST catchup notes I've ever seen. If this game doesn't turning around, im replacing out. This is without a doubt the worst town (unless all of the active ones are scum) I've ever seen.

FB is already pissed at you anyways. Stop sucking, guys.

PEdit: You... Prove my point. If that's all it takes for you to townread someone, you're either crappy town or scum.

Sorry for the cancer!
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}

Post Post #697 (ISO) » Wed Apr 20, 2016 1:40 pm

Post by Ranger »

Dragon Knight wrote:Ircher, Ranger is quite good at faking a town game
Since when? Three of the games I thought were my best scum games, I was lynched in with absolutely no hesitation by the town. (The fourth was also not anything remarkable.) I thought they were good, sure, but apparently there was some giveaway. And in every other scum game except your marathon game (which was a
marathon
game), I was suspected the whole game and just got lucky the lynch never came onto me.

Polar Vortex wrote:So, if I'm willing to take this risk with DK, as are you, why aren't you willing to take the risk with Ranger? Because her reads "don’t logically come from a Town standpoint"? Because her role is weaker? Opinions. Opinions I disagree with. "Opinions" that to me can't logically come from a Town standpoint.

You're downplaying the value of her role and stubbornly scum reading her for things that are just wrong, no matter how well you try to justify them.
This is the crux of my current back-and-forth with MagnaofIllusion. I can elaborate with extras from his earlier posting if it's not convincing enough by itself. as well.
- RadiantCowbells |
- Plotinus
- usesPython
Game History
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}

Post Post #698 (ISO) » Wed Apr 20, 2016 1:42 pm

Post by Ranger »

Dragon Knight wrote:If that's all it takes for you to townread someone, you're either crappy town or scum.
Except BlackStar's posting has been getting consistently better and better as the game progresses. In that post, he shows that he's actually thinking about the possibility the wagon he's on is being driven by scum, so he unvotes and reconsiders.

This is something MagnaofIllusion should be doing, especially given
it's one of his points against me
. Yet he didn't.
- RadiantCowbells |
- Plotinus
- usesPython
Game History
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea

Post Post #699 (ISO) » Wed Apr 20, 2016 1:49 pm

Post by Ircher »

Spoiler: Reads
Confirmed Town
(From my perspective) (98%-100% Confidence)
Ircher  (100%) - Role PM

Likely Town
(85%-97% Confidence)
Ranger (93%) - Claim timing was unwarranted. Lurking != Scum, so I can excuse Jeanne's play. Ranger has done a good deal of scumhunting having replaced in, so therefore, I'm leaning town. Finally, all the reasons to lynch her are either very weak or just plain stupid. We are not lynching this slot D1. I might reconsider D2, but we're not lynching the scumhunting, logical, un-counterclaimed watcher.
Dragon (91%) - I have no reason to townread this slot aside from the claim which I still think was easy to make and very survivalistic and the fact that I think they truly believe that Ranger is scum, despite their awful reasoning. Motive IS a tell, and this slot seems to have the town motive and doing stuff typical of being town, so that's why a townread despite all odds.
Polar (90%) - Next to Ranger, I really like this slot... a lot. Scumhunting, using logical and rationale thought, and keeping an open perspective that is less prone to bias. Definitely wouldn't lynch this slot D1. Also, reminder that this slot claimed to be ascetic.

Leaning Town
(60%-84% Confidence)
BBT (83%) - Meta tell. Last time I played with this slot, he was just as "lazy", biased, and in general, doing things at his own pace the way he wanted. He was town that game, so probably same here. Would like more though.
Banter (75%) - This slot is okay. Few quelms early game, but overall, they seem to be fine. Would note that their activity has dropped recently though.

Null
(0% - 30% Confidence; No/Very Weak Read)
Masq (0%) - Pls post more and stop lurking.
FA_Q2 (0%) - Earlier said 3rd pick -- Forgot about code when I said that. This slot also needs to stop lurking.

Neutral
(31%-59% Confidence; Mixed Read)
Black (+55%) - Some... interesting things from this slot early game. Feel like the slot was being genuine with his reactions, but haven't seen too much effort to find scum.
Dom (+35%) - I'll state that this slot seems to be active lurking right now, and isn't being useful. Nonetheless, I'm inclined to err on the side of town cuz of early game.
Code (-45%) - This slot is barely doing anything and rather disappointing. The few things they have done read as more likely to have a scum motive than a town one. Still, not top priority right now.

Leaning Scum
(60%-75% Confidence)
Scourge (-60%) - This slot is also not really contributing and tbh, I feel that the few times they have contributed, it was always after the weakest links they could break with minimal suspicion being cast.

Likely Scum
(76%-100% Confidence)
Magna (-90%) - Like Dragon, insists on lynching Ranger. Unlike Dragon, unwilling to compromise for nothing, not committed to aforementioned read (didnt vote for at least 10 pages despite constantly bring it up), and busy searching for stupid reasons to scumread Ranger for. And said reasons are worse than Dragon's as they have ZERO evidence backing them.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”