Mini 499: Just Your typical Mafia Game GAME OVER!!!!!!!!

shaka!!
shaka!!
Goon
shaka!!
Goon
Goon

Post Post #600 (ISO) » Wed Oct 10, 2007 3:41 pm

Post by shaka!! »

Kakeng wrote:can I ask for an replacement? I'm Distracting the town.
Confirming vote. calling for lynch.

Mod Edit

Vote Count

Kakeng- 4 (cicero, Gorgon, shaka!!, White)

somestrangeflea- 1 (Jester)
cicero- 1 (somestrangeflea)
shaka!!-1 (Skitzer)
skitzer- 1 (theopor_COD)

Not voting (4): Chocolate Attack, Kakeng, pwayne66, Skruffs

7 to lynch

15 days till deadline
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #601 (ISO) » Thu Oct 11, 2007 3:14 am

Post by Skruffs »

Very strange.

Theo- I'm unwilling to lynch a claimed powerrole, day 1. Saying it's unfair to scum as a reason to lynch him just boosted you up on my list. I am questioning your motives, now.

Cicero, are you reluctant of lynching people with 'townperson' titles because you, yourself, was lynched as a townperson? I don't understand how I am supposed to scumhunt if I'm not supposed to scumhunt to scumhunt. I think something about the way you are phrasing yourself is messing me up. Also, why am I on your list?

Shaka- what a copout vote. Why? You were actually hunting earlier.

Chocattack-
You intrigue me.
pwayne66
pwayne66
Goon
pwayne66
Goon
Goon

Post Post #602 (ISO) » Thu Oct 11, 2007 3:37 am

Post by pwayne66 »

All right. These are the choices as I see them.

Lynch Kakeng. I understand the frustration behind this movement. I'm not sure that I like the idea though. On the other hand, bringing in another replacement, giving them 4 or 5 days to read 25 pages, and starting over again is not desirable either.

Lynch Skitzer- A claimed power role. Correct me if I am wrong but the original case against AlyG was lurking. And then a bizare and safe role claim. The fact that skitzer confirms the role proves nothing in my opinion. (after all, what's he going to do, say AlyG was lying?)
But really, there is no case against him. Only a suspicion that his roleclaim is a lie. I can't bring myself to lynch on this.

Lynch flea- An active lurker. Got rope will hang. This guy...

Short form: the only two cases I see are flea and kakeng. Where are we at on the vote?
pwayne66
pwayne66
Goon
pwayne66
Goon
Goon

Post Post #603 (ISO) » Thu Oct 11, 2007 3:43 am

Post by pwayne66 »

I count:

Kakeng(4)- Gorgon,Shaka!,White,Cicero
SSF(1)- Jester
Skitzer(1)- theo
Cicero(1)- SSF
shaka!(1)- Skitzer

So I ask the Kakeng wagon: Are you lynching Kakeng to avoid replacement, or are there other factors? Shaka! and Cicero seem to have indicated they aim to avoid replacement.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #604 (ISO) » Thu Oct 11, 2007 4:01 am

Post by cicero »

Skruffs wrote:
Cicero, are you reluctant of lynching people with 'townperson' titles because you, yourself, was lynched as a townperson? I don't understand how I am supposed to scumhunt if I'm not supposed to scumhunt to scumhunt. I think something about the way you are phrasing yourself is messing me up. Also, why am I on your list?
- Yes. I was lynched as a scummy acting townperson. It gave me good insight into noobie behavior. Scumhunting is hard enough without wasting your vote in every game on the same noobie behavior that most of the noobs to this game do in every game.

- I'm not ready to make a detailed case on you yet. I don't want to lynch you or vote for you. The basic thrust of my suspicion of you is a) that you follow a long line of disreputable players who were suspicious, and b) you and Jester came in around the same time. Everything he wrote was sort of in line with how I view what has happened in the game. What you wrote came across more artificial sounding and implausible. I'll do quote by quote later in the game if I feel like arguing for your lynch but I really don't think you are the play for today so I'm not wasting my time and effort on a well constructed case yet. Just consider yourself the inheritor of a long standing FOS on the people that preceded you, and that you haven't done anything to change my mind.

- I think we should lynch Kakeng to avoid replacement. I think people who are invested in the game should get to live another day. I wouldn't lynch a pure lurker but I think the town has volumes of info and I think we have a great bead on who the scummies are. We'll be fine. Lynching kakeng is not my first choice, but, as I said - I think Shaka made a good enough case that BM's play wasnt just BM being BM that I am comfortable with it.
Gorgon
Gorgon
Goon
Gorgon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #605 (ISO) » Thu Oct 11, 2007 4:12 am

Post by Gorgon »

pwayne66 wrote:So I ask the Kakeng wagon: Are you lynching Kakeng to avoid replacement, or are there other factors? Shaka! and Cicero seem to have indicated they aim to avoid replacement.
Kakeng has been very unhelpful, and I believe his asking for replacement is likely to be scum folding under pressure. I wasn't completely sold on the case against BM, but those two factors together, BM's overzealous attack on cicero, and Kakeng's unhelpfulness, are compelling evidence IMO. I think we can do a lot worse than lynch Kakeng at this point. I also readily admit that one of the factors is impatience and annoyance over the constant replacements in this game, though ... but that doesn't mean I don't find Kakeng scummy.
pwayne66
pwayne66
Goon
pwayne66
Goon
Goon

Post Post #606 (ISO) » Thu Oct 11, 2007 4:19 am

Post by pwayne66 »

...I forgot that Kakeng replaced BM. That said:

Vote: Kakeng

That's 5 by my count. Somebody should verify.
somestrangeflea
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #607 (ISO) » Thu Oct 11, 2007 8:43 am

Post by somestrangeflea »

pwayne wrote:flea- An active lurker. Got rope will hang.
That's it? Seriously? Quite poor, considering that's all that you're using as the basis for a lynch.

But, back the the point at hand...

Vote: Kakeng

We've got rope, and we're bored...
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #608 (ISO) » Thu Oct 11, 2007 8:49 am

Post by theopor_COD »

Has Kakeng claimed?

I think he's probably the lynch whatever but I don't like the way this wagon has appeared, based on what Kakeng's lurking and BM's early play. What would be good is if BM could replace Kakeng then we can see some fireworks because frankly I'm not convinced.
pwayne66
pwayne66
Goon
pwayne66
Goon
Goon

Post Post #609 (ISO) » Thu Oct 11, 2007 9:03 am

Post by pwayne66 »

I doubt Kakeng is going to claim. I'm not even convinced that he is playing anymore. He is crossed out on the game list.
pwayne66
pwayne66
Goon
pwayne66
Goon
Goon

Post Post #610 (ISO) » Thu Oct 11, 2007 9:05 am

Post by pwayne66 »

Unvote

there is no need for lynch -1 until we are all up to speed.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #611 (ISO) » Thu Oct 11, 2007 9:07 am

Post by cicero »

solution:
Mod: Prod Kakeng. Ask him if he is willing to play long enough to claim. Also see if BM will reprise his role.

sound good?
pwayne66
pwayne66
Goon
pwayne66
Goon
Goon

Post Post #612 (ISO) » Thu Oct 11, 2007 9:10 am

Post by pwayne66 »

White
Skruffs
Skitzer
ChocolateAttack
Jester

These people (as near as I can tell) have not weighed in on the kakwagon. They should, before we go any further. A claim would be nice as well.
JordanA24
JordanA24
Mafia Scum
JordanA24
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #613 (ISO) » Thu Oct 11, 2007 9:14 am

Post by JordanA24 »

cicero wrote:solution:
Mod: Prod Kakeng. Ask him if he is willing to play long enough to claim. Also see if BM will reprise his role.

sound good?
I'll see if I can convince BM, and if not, hopefully I'll soon get a response in the Replacement thread. (Also adding an advertisement in my sig).

I don't think it would be fair to ask someone who has lost interest in the game and is being replaced to claim their role.
Please delete my comment from your sig...such an awful joke- Battle Mage

Politics Mafia currently requires 1 replacement, please PM me if interested.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #614 (ISO) » Thu Oct 11, 2007 10:28 am

Post by Skruffs »

I'm torn. Even if I wanted to vote kakeng, I can't, because cicero has informed me that I shouldn't lynch people with 'townsperson' under their name. On the other hand, cicero doesn't seem to play by his own rules, so why is he trying to make me?
White
White
Goon
White
Goon
Goon

Post Post #615 (ISO) » Thu Oct 11, 2007 10:32 am

Post by White »

My vote is on Kakeng. I believe that is very clear on how I feel about this whole thing.
Show
House Rules:

1. God came to my house and I killed him.

2. I will kill anyone who comes to my house like I killed God.

3. Give me one dead body and I might let rule #2 slide.

You have until Dawn.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #616 (ISO) » Thu Oct 11, 2007 10:34 am

Post by cicero »

Skruffs wrote:I'm torn. Even if I wanted to vote kakeng, I can't, because cicero has informed me that I shouldn't lynch people with 'townsperson' under their name. On the other hand, cicero doesn't seem to play by his own rules, so why is he trying to make me?
Why are you deliberately pretending to find a hypocrisy that we both know is not there?
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #617 (ISO) » Thu Oct 11, 2007 10:37 am

Post by Skruffs »

Stupid cellphone. I started trying to post right after k got to -1. I am really curious how people who are screaming about mislynching day 1 are voting k to 'avoid replacement'. I would think that that is irresponsible. Find someone who wants to take the role, regardless of what it is, if you REALLY care about the scumminess of a day1 lynch.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #618 (ISO) » Thu Oct 11, 2007 10:42 am

Post by Skruffs »

cicero wrote:Easy answer: Make sure you ask yourself whether the behavior is truly scummy or just noobie. That's all. You definitely want to lynch based on scummy behavior. But look for signs of intelligence, instead of just lynching some psycho noob who doesnt take the game seriously. On day one I prefer to lynch someone who looks like they know to behave better than they are. I am still new to this remember. But I pretty much try to avoid lynching anyone with "townperson" on their user icon on day one.

(and if you reply back to me with "but kakeng is townperson" I might just ive you a wedgie)
Is this good advice or not?
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #619 (ISO) » Thu Oct 11, 2007 10:48 am

Post by cicero »

Skruffs wrote:
cicero wrote:Easy answer: Make sure you ask yourself whether the behavior is truly scummy or just noobie. That's all. You definitely want to lynch based on scummy behavior. But look for signs of intelligence, instead of just lynching some psycho noob who doesnt take the game seriously. On day one I prefer to lynch someone who looks like they know to behave better than they are. I am still new to this remember. But I pretty much try to avoid lynching anyone with "townperson" on their user icon on day one.

(and if you reply back to me with "but kakeng is townperson" I might just ive you a wedgie)
Is this good advice or not?
Kakeng was Battlemage first. I am compelled that Shaka's case is a reasonable one.

Why are you so opposed to a Kakeng lynch. YOU disagree with my hesitance to lynch noobies. And I AM hesitant. I've been pushing for a somestrangeflea lynch in this game as you might have read.

You've been around the site for a while and I'm sure are familiar with Battlemage's play. What do you think of Battlemage's play and Shaka's analysis of Battlemage's play?
skitzer
skitzer
Mafia Scum
skitzer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #620 (ISO) » Thu Oct 11, 2007 10:51 am

Post by skitzer »

Sorry for not posting bout the kakwagon-ha! funny!

Anyway, I feel that most of the players on the kakwagon (giggle) are playing very strangely. Gorgon, White, and cicero overpost, and usually have very lengthy posts. As pwayne said, shaka!! and cicero claimed to avoid replacement, when really all a replacement can do is help clarify Kakeng's posts and decisions by showing their own playing style. For now, my vote stays on shaka!! but I'm giving FoS's to all others on the kakwagon (snort...)
Jester
Jester
Goon
Jester
Goon
Goon

Post Post #621 (ISO) » Thu Oct 11, 2007 2:03 pm

Post by Jester »

JordanA24 wrote:
As soon as I feel I get a solid post rate and a solid player base, I will retract the deadline.
mod:
Thanks. One other question: some mods end a deadline with a Nolynch, others end a deadline with a lynch of the person with the most votes at that moment, or the longest time with the most votes in case of ties. Which one will you be doing?

Ah yes, thanks for reminding me about this (I'm adding this to the rules now):

The person with the most votes at deadline will be lynched, but only if they have at least half the required votes needed for a normal lynch (rounded up). In the case of a tie, the first to reach the number of votes that the players are tied at gets lynched.
I do not play MS on weekends; consider me on V/LA during them
Jester
Jester
Goon
Jester
Goon
Goon

Post Post #622 (ISO) » Thu Oct 11, 2007 2:22 pm

Post by Jester »

cicero wrote:Please come join me.
No. Kakeng (previously Battle Mage) wasn't and isn't on my suspect list. As I said in an earlier post, BM struck me as a very aggressive townie. I think this is a mislynch and won't be voting Kakeng. And while I understand the frustration of the long-time players, I cannot support lynching someone just to avoid waiting for a replacement.
theo wrote:You know I've just been thinking about AlyG's claim again.
This whole post strikes me as interesting. And skitzer's lack of posting on the game (as well as AlyG's before him) did kinda tick me off. But how do you explain skitzer totally standing behind AlyG's claim? He didn't have to say it was a mis-claim, but he could have clarified the type of backup he is. Minis
can
have backups and I could see a mod wanting to experiment a bit with a flexible backup in a mini game. I just... dunno. skitzer's on my list, but it's not because of the claim.
Skruffs wrote:Theo, AlyG is going to be an early mafia kill is he's not scum. Especially after the first power role dies. It's like lynching a suspicious claimed doctor - let the scum take them out for you.
Don't get married to this idea. If we've got a doc, the doc might decide to protect skitzer based on his/AlyG's claim. The mafia (if skitzer's not among them) might also wait until they nail down the cop or the doc,
then
hit skitzer as a known quantity.

As for the current wave, I'll repeat it for the cheap seats: everyone should just settle down and hope for a nice, long day one. Impatience and frustration are bad for the town. This Kakeng lynch bandwagon is therefore a bad idea for the town; we need a nice long day one. Let's let Jordan find a replacement and settle back down. If people still feel Kakeng's replacement is the best choice as we get closer to the deadline (two weeks from today, say), then I'll support it with a vote. Until then, nuh uh.
I do not play MS on weekends; consider me on V/LA during them
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #623 (ISO) » Thu Oct 11, 2007 5:23 pm

Post by Skruffs »

It seems like standard BM rhetoric. ANd BM's standard has increased in quality over the last few months - it's both comprehensive and sensible, much like my auto insurance plan. He was suspicious mostly of theopor, cicero, pwayne, and guppy. Which of those players have voted him in the last 48 hours? :)

Jester - Not married to it, just noting that it's wasteful to go after claimed power roles. Theo's 'frustration' in the inbalance of having backups in a mini game is well noted though, not that it matters.
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #624 (ISO) » Thu Oct 11, 2007 5:35 pm

Post by theopor_COD »

I'm not frustrated by it . . . I just don't think either player has been particularly pro-town and it's not a difficult claim for scum to dream up.

I really need to review the BM argument, I will say however from when he was in the game he was giving me more town vibes than not. Mind I think I'm normally in the camp of BM as town, I will say he's a better player as scum - his reaction to my jokey daykill alone gave me a sufficent townish vibe. I would love him to replace back in if at all possible because Kakeng obviously isn't going to put much of a defence up.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”