Code of Honor
Code of Honor
Townie
Code of Honor
Townie
Townie

Post Post #500 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2016 3:01 am

Post by Code of Honor »

In post 391, Masquerade wrote:We're not lynching jeanne.
Especially
now that the slot is getting replaced.

VOTE: Dragon Knight
You've done nothing to prove you're town and scum could just as easily have a cop this game as town so that claim isn't doing anything for me either.

We're not lynching DK either though.

A lot of people have done nothing to prove that they're town (us included), and we're not going to lynch DK, and unCCed alignment cop, when we could be lynching others for the same offense that havne't claimed.

If DK lives through the night, then we can deal with that in D2.

-Xk
Hydra of Titus and Xkfyu
The Banterlords
The Banterlords
Goon
The Banterlords
Goon
Goon

Post Post #501 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2016 3:03 am

Post by The Banterlords »

Lol I just thought about my reads and realized that I am town reading almost everyone
~Dwlee
Code of Honor
Code of Honor
Townie
Code of Honor
Townie
Townie

Post Post #502 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2016 3:12 am

Post by Code of Honor »

In post 402, A Real Scourge wrote:i think i'll put a readslist out tonight and start pushing someone in earnest.
DK is also town btw

Ok so, I'm not willing to lynch DK today, but I certainly don't read them as town nearly as strong as you seem to. What makes you so sure?

-Xk
Hydra of Titus and Xkfyu
Masquerade
Masquerade
Mafia Scum
Masquerade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #503 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2016 3:28 am

Post by Masquerade »

Well BBT isn't really around so all Faq basically would be able to do is repeat what he's been saying before.
I don't know why people are so hung up over my DK-vote. It's gone already and now I'm voting Blackstar.

I can see why people think scourge is distant, I don't know if that makes them scum though. Because I kind of recognize myself in there. I didn't really find anything of big concern in their iso, maybe that should be a concern?
Faq, you're back to null because you weren't overly defensive when I was voting you. I don't know what you mean with this:
In post 485, FA_Q2 wrote:tried to bet BBT to put up a case for you

All I can think of that might have triggered you to ask this is me asking BBT to ask me some questions. I did that because I know if BBT is town his questions help me get focus. He asks things that I forget to think about.

I thought I explained my vote on Blackstar already but turns out I didn't.
In post 429, BlackStar wrote:They jump on every opportunity to try and join the biggest wagons. They're just so eager to see anyone but themselves get lynched. It makes me uneasy.

This is not true. There is some votehopping at the start and the only major wagons we had were on DK and jeanne and DK has consistently pushed jeanne/Ranger ever since they were wagoned. 5 posts before that one, Bs said DK was a nullread. At this stage of the game I think he should have stronger reads and shouldn't have to still naked-vote null-reads to get a better read on them. It feels like he's trying to look like he's scumhunting but he really isn't.
Code of Honor
Code of Honor
Townie
Code of Honor
Townie
Townie

Post Post #504 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2016 3:29 am

Post by Code of Honor »

In post 494, Dragon Knight wrote:
In post 491, Polar Vortex wrote:I'm 100% with my other head here. Ranger seems like a competent player. This town lacks those. We're certainly not going to vote one on D1.

Ranger, talk to me about A Real Scrouge. I'm getting very bad feelings on her. For the same reasons as you appear to do, the fact that she looks distanced from the game. Also, after our claim she threw dirt at us for the claim. Somebody said that was suspicious, she never went deeper with that accusation and then had us as town in a later post. The progression just seems too convenient. All her stances are very convenient and middle of the road. I'd still prefer Dom(as a policy if you want, but more for the fact that I don't want to lynch competent players like Scrouge before useless ones)
Bearbert D

This is AWFUL logic. It doesn't matter how good a player is, if they are scum, NEVER keep them around. Ranger is scum. End of story.

Sorry. I just don't see it. You are going to have to give me something better than a bunch of meta to convince me that the jeanne/Ranger slot is scum.
Hydra of Titus and Xkfyu
Code of Honor
Code of Honor
Townie
Code of Honor
Townie
Townie

Post Post #505 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2016 3:34 am

Post by Code of Honor »

In post 504, Code of Honor wrote:
In post 491, Polar Vortex wrote:I'm 100% with my other head here. Ranger seems like a competent player. This town lacks those. We're certainly not going to vote one on D1.

Ranger, talk to me about A Real Scrouge. I'm getting very bad feelings on her. For the same reasons as you appear to do, the fact that she looks distanced from the game. Also, after our claim she threw dirt at us for the claim. Somebody said that was suspicious, she never went deeper with that accusation and then had us as town in a later post. The progression just seems too convenient. All her stances are very convenient and middle of the road. I'd still prefer Dom(as a policy if you want, but more for the fact that I don't want to lynch competent players like Scrouge before useless ones)
Bearbert D

This is AWFUL logic. It doesn't matter how good a player is, if they are scum, NEVER keep them around. Ranger is scum. End of story.

Sorry. I just don't see it. You are going to have to give me something better than a bunch of meta to convince me that the jeanne/Ranger slot is scum.

-Xk
Hydra of Titus and Xkfyu
Dragon Knight
Dragon Knight
Goon
Dragon Knight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #506 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2016 3:39 am

Post by Dragon Knight »

Bearbert D

BOTH OF THEM HAVE DONE FUCK-ALL, WHICH IS A SCUM TELL FOR BOTH. I CAN LITERALLY SAY NOTHING ELSE THAN THEY ARE FUCKING SCUM. IF YOU DONT WANT ME TO WASTE AN INVESTIGATION ON THEM, THEN LYNCH THEM. OTHERWISE I WILL BE FORCED TO WASTE AN INVESTIGATION ON SOMEONE WHO IS 100% CONFIRMED SCUM.
Hydra of Firebringer and DiamondSentinel

Sorry for the cancer!
Polar Vortex
Polar Vortex
Goon
Polar Vortex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #507 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2016 3:50 am

Post by Polar Vortex »

In post 506, Dragon Knight wrote:

Bearbert D

BOTH OF THEM HAVE DONE FUCK-ALL, WHICH IS A SCUM TELL FOR BOTH. I CAN LITERALLY SAY NOTHING ELSE THAN THEY ARE FUCKING SCUM. IF YOU DONT WANT ME TO WASTE AN INVESTIGATION ON THEM, THEN LYNCH THEM. OTHERWISE I WILL BE FORCED TO WASTE AN INVESTIGATION ON SOMEONE WHO IS 100% CONFIRMED SCUM.

Ranger has replaced in for less that 48 hours. Since she's replaced in, she's done a lot more than you have in the whole game.
Polar Vortex
Polar Vortex
Goon
Polar Vortex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #508 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2016 3:51 am

Post by Polar Vortex »

In post 507, Polar Vortex wrote:
In post 506, Dragon Knight wrote:

Bearbert D

Ranger has replaced in for less that 48 hours. Since she's replaced in, she's done a lot more than you have in the whole game.

Bear
Polar Vortex
Polar Vortex
Goon
Polar Vortex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #509 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2016 3:52 am

Post by Polar Vortex »

And no, you don't fucking get a choice in who you investigate. I propose we also take a vote on that one.

Bearbert
Code of Honor
Code of Honor
Townie
Code of Honor
Townie
Townie

Post Post #510 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2016 3:56 am

Post by Code of Honor »

In post 506, Dragon Knight wrote:BOTH OF THEM HAVE DONE FUCK-ALL, WHICH IS A SCUM TELL FOR BOTH. I CAN LITERALLY SAY NOTHING ELSE THAN THEY ARE FUCKING SCUM. IF YOU DONT WANT ME TO WASTE AN INVESTIGATION ON THEM, THEN LYNCH THEM. OTHERWISE I WILL BE FORCED TO WASTE AN INVESTIGATION ON SOMEONE WHO IS 100% CONFIRMED SCUM.

Like I said, I need more than meta.

Unless you have a day investigation, you can't say that anyone is 100% confirmed anything at this point. And I'm assuming you don't have a day investigation because there would be no sense in not claiming that, since you've already claimed alignment cop.

I'm not willing to lynch Ranger today for the same reasons that I'm not willing to lynch you today.

-Xk
Hydra of Titus and Xkfyu
BlackStar
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #511 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2016 4:23 am

Post by BlackStar »

In post 503, Masquerade wrote:Well BBT isn't really around so all Faq basically would be able to do is repeat what he's been saying before.
I don't know why people are so hung up over my DK-vote. It's gone already and now I'm voting Blackstar.

I can see why people think scourge is distant, I don't know if that makes them scum though. Because I kind of recognize myself in there. I didn't really find anything of big concern in their iso, maybe that should be a concern?
Faq, you're back to null because you weren't overly defensive when I was voting you. I don't know what you mean with this:
In post 485, FA_Q2 wrote:tried to bet BBT to put up a case for you

All I can think of that might have triggered you to ask this is me asking BBT to ask me some questions. I did that because I know if BBT is town his questions help me get focus. He asks things that I forget to think about.

I thought I explained my vote on Blackstar already but turns out I didn't.
In post 429, BlackStar wrote:They jump on every opportunity to try and join the biggest wagons. They're just so eager to see anyone but themselves get lynched. It makes me uneasy.

This is not true. There is some votehopping at the start and the only major wagons we had were on DK and jeanne and DK has consistently pushed jeanne/Ranger ever since they were wagoned. 5 posts before that one, Bs said DK was a nullread. At this stage of the game I think he should have stronger reads and shouldn't have to still naked-vote null-reads to get a better read on them. It feels like he's trying to look like he's scumhunting but he really isn't.

If you look back at all of my games you'll see that I suck at scum hunting
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #512 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2016 4:54 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

Catching up – this posts is getting long so only goes to . The remainder afterwards.

In post 426, Masquerade wrote:While I agree with you about Dom, the experience I have with him is kinda this. I think he'd be a good investigative target.

Disagree in full here. If you have the choice you don’t investigate and clear players who don’t provide content. Because them being clear isn’t likely to help Town. They aren’t going to help find scum. These types of players are solid Vig targets. You investigate players who are active but may be dangerous because they are skilled. If they are scum it saves making a very tough case and if they are clear they become a powerful tool.

In post 357, A Real Scourge wrote:UNVOTE:
i think i was still voting banterlords.

A quick scan of your ISO shows this was an RVS vote. Why did you have it parked as such when you expressed other interests in who is scum (Jean in as a quick example)?

In post 361, Polar Vortex wrote:You're right that claiming makes her a target, she'd be a waste of a NK though, so the only option scum would have to get rid of her would be through lynching her

Why would an information role, no matter how weak the player who has the role, be a waste of a Nightkill for scum? I’d love for you to elaborate on that premise if you could.

In post 383, The Banterlords wrote:If both of them are town, a roleblocker almost certainly exists. If one of them is scum that person can claim roleblocked. Them being scum together isnt a thing I dont think unless some crazy scum theatre is going on.
~Dwlee

Given this line of thought do you still agree with the plan BBT proposed?

In post 396, The Banterlords wrote:lol there's not a third party in a 13 player game
~Dwlee

Um do you read other games here on MS? Here’s a link for you –

http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=65851

Mini Normal. 12 player game. Had a 3rd party role. Your thoughts now?

In post 443, Ranger wrote:Very much so, yes. Of course, my role happens to be ill-suited for my slot (it's not a role which meshes well with my typical play), but I would prefer not being forced to claim all the same.

Btw, from what I've seen so far: I've picked up that apparently, BlackStar is a tracker.

I believe the role. I don't believe he's town.

This post is suspect. The “Umm my role doesn’t fit” is unnecessary given the “I don’t want to claim” follow-up. Because anyone who knows your play can narrow down what roles that might be.

Link to the post where you surmised Blackstar is a tracker. I see your . What post of Masq made you surmise that.

In post 479, Masquerade wrote:I want to see magna's response.

Ask and you shall receive. Let’s look at her “Untouchable Town” list.

In post 471, Ranger wrote:{TheDominator, The Banterlords, BlueBloodedToffee, Dragon Knight, FA_Q2}

Not surprisingly the players most interested in a Ranger list (Dragon, Banter, Dom) fall right into the pool of players who Ranger thinks are un-impeachable Town. And let’s examine the reasons for these 3 per Ranger –

In post 472, Ranger wrote:TheDominator is a chronic lurker. He plays this way every game, town or scum. A lynch there would be for policy reasons alone, and have objectively no better chances of hitting scum than random lynching. It would also give no information whatsoever. The reason I have TheDominator as such a strong townread, however, is that in spite of his lack of content, I still got strong town vibes from his early posting.

This starts as a meta read that basically says “Dom plays exactly this way regardless of alignment”. Yet the conclusion is that “He’s super Town because vibes”. Very generic and unspecific about why the early posts give any sort of vibe as Town.

In post 472, Ranger wrote:Dragon Knight was hard to get an initial read on, but I felt the AtE around the claim was incredibly genuine.

Rests solely on AtE being genuine. And tellingly says nothing about everything that happens after where Dragon is calling his slot confirmed meta scum via Jeanne. I’ll address why this is important in a bit.

In post 472, Ranger wrote:The Banterlords was a bit of an iffy read at first: there was some town stuff, and some not so town stuff. But the more I read, the better their logic looked. Not necessarily right, but looking like it came from a town player.

The third read is just as generic as the first two. No particular reference to actual posts.
And that’s’ why I find these reads suspect. Ranger as Town should be skeptical that a wagon being driven hard on her has at least some scum involved in the mix. That’s natural. Especially since the entirety of the push is basically meta driven and as Polar has pointed out Jean’s claim being bad doesn’t mean that it has to come from scum. But Ranger doesn’t bat an eye at any of the players driving hardest for her. Nope they are all obvious, unimpeachable Town.

That’s why this post is telling IMO –

In post 474, Ranger wrote:That's because he's saying words you want to hear.

Ranger is peddling what she thinks will best deflect the wagon off herself IMO.

Then we have this –

In post 472, Ranger wrote:Similarly, MagnaofIllusion is playing exactly the same way Red Coyote did in Twin Peaks. It's textbook scum play. That level of objective distance allows for him to push stances which are logically sound, but which will result in a town player being lynched. His entire iso is basically one long scum claim.

This is basically fluff. There’s a soft meta element (“You can go look up RedCoyote in this one game”) that she knows doesn’t hold water since it is meta on a completely different player. Then it is a nicely worded generic statement. Riddled with phrases meant to carry weight “Objective Distance” “Logically Sound” but say nothing directly. And then just the generic “It’s one big scum-claim”. No pointing to any particular posts.

In summary that’s my feeling about all of is very generic. These are broad-brush stroke posts with no actual depth of analysis.

I certainly wasn’t sold on “Let’s lynch for meta” stance. But the way her reads have come down fit so solidly with “Scum looking to survive” as opposed to “Town actually wanting to find scum” I’m not adverse to Ranger as the lynch today.

Especially given how strongly Dragon is pushing given what he stands to lose Town Cred wise if Ranger flips Town and how Ranger is going out of his way to appease the other investigation role.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Polar Vortex
Polar Vortex
Goon
Polar Vortex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #513 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2016 4:58 am

Post by Polar Vortex »

Magna, Jeanne/Ranger claimed a weak investigation role. And this is role madness so other roles would probably be more powerful. Before the replacement she was useless so her getting NK-ed would have helped town.

Bearbert
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #514 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2016 5:02 am

In post 481, TheDominator37 wrote:Scum team is banta and polar/ranger

Others have asked but I want clarification – is this Banta + Polar + Ranger or Banta + Polar or Ranger?

In post 489, The Banterlords wrote:oh ranger replaced jeanne. this presents some problems
~Dwlee

Elaborate.

In post 500, Code of Honor wrote:A lot of people have done nothing to prove that they're town (us included), and we're not going to lynch DK, and unCCed alignment cop, when we could be lynching others for the same offense that havne't claimed.

Of interest – in a Role Madness style game are there any unCC claims you would approve of lynching?

In post 509, Polar Vortex wrote:And no, you don't fucking get a choice in who you investigate. I propose we also take a vote on that one.

Bearbert

So you have suspicions they are not Town and you want to relieve them of justifying their Night choices?

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #515 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2016 5:06 am

In post 513, Polar Vortex wrote:Magna, Jeanne/Ranger claimed a weak investigation role. And this is role madness so other roles would probably be more powerful. Before the replacement she was useless so her getting NK-ed would have helped town.

Bearbert

I understand this but Investigation roles are just that. Outright stating that "scum would not Nightkill them" ignores much of the nuance that exists in this style of game. Maybe scum wouldn't kill the slot because they were lurking. Maybe scum have plenty of powers that make the slot a non-factor. Maybe they don't. Maybe Ranger is scum. I hesitate any time I see very broad-based statements, especially given the complexity of the game.

The Banterlords
The Banterlords
Goon
The Banterlords
Goon
Goon

Post Post #516 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2016 5:12 am

Post by The Banterlords »

Can you just like quote all.the stuff.I should respond to cause I am on my phone so no ty
Dwlee
Code of Honor
Code of Honor
Townie
Code of Honor
Townie
Townie

Post Post #517 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2016 5:15 am

Post by Code of Honor »

In post 514, MagnaofIllusion wrote:In post 500, Code of Honor wrote:
A lot of people have done nothing to prove that they're town (us included), and we're not going to lynch DK, and unCCed alignment cop, when we could be lynching others for the same offense that havne't claimed.

Of interest – in a Role Madness style game are there any unCC claims you would approve of lynching?

Of course. All things being equal (including scumminess), I'd probably prefer to lynch the one who has claimed the weakest town role.

Cop and Watcher are pretty high up on the power scale, so I want to lynch outside of those two today.
Hydra of Titus and Xkfyu
Code of Honor
Code of Honor
Townie
Code of Honor
Townie
Townie

Post Post #518 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2016 5:15 am

Post by Code of Honor »

In post 517, Code of Honor wrote:
In post 514, MagnaofIllusion wrote:In post 500, Code of Honor wrote:

Of course. All things being equal (including scumminess), I'd probably prefer to lynch the one who has claimed the weakest town role.

Cop and Watcher are pretty high up on the power scale, so I want to lynch outside of those two today.

-Xk
Hydra of Titus and Xkfyu
Polar Vortex
Polar Vortex
Goon
Polar Vortex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #519 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2016 5:15 am

Post by Polar Vortex »

In post 514, MagnaofIllusion wrote:

So you have suspicions they are not Town and you want to relieve them of justifying their Night choices?

Yeah? I'd rather get a good investigation than an idiotic one that he'd have to explain. Also, I don't really suspect them that much lately, I'm just pissed at them
Bear

Now I saw your last point. Well, if I saw Jeanne NK-ed the first might I'd be extremly happy. Wouldn't you?
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #520 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2016 5:24 am

In post 519, Polar Vortex wrote:

Now I saw your last point. Well, if I saw Jeanne NK-ed the first might I'd be extremly happy. Wouldn't you?

I don't know Jeanne from a hole in the wall so I don't have any basis to be more thrilled than say seeing Phantom Cobalt or Dom being the first Nightkill.

I'd be thrilled it wasn't me but that would be for any N1 kill.

Polar Vortex
Polar Vortex
Goon
Polar Vortex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #521 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2016 5:29 am

Post by Polar Vortex »

In post 512, MagnaofIllusion wrote:
In post 361, Polar Vortex wrote:You're right that claiming makes her a target, she'd be a waste of a NK though, so the only option scum would have to get rid of her would be through lynching her

Why would an information role, no matter how weak the player who has the role, be a waste of a Nightkill for scum? I’d love for you to elaborate on that premise if you could.

It's not a complete waste, but killing a useless and suspected town slot whose only threat comes with her role and its possible results, which may vary in usefulness to town, is a waste when they could be killing an actual threat. But, why waste a kill on her when they can just lynch her...

In post 512, MagnaofIllusion wrote:
Especially given how strongly Dragon is pushing given what he stands to lose Town Cred wise if Ranger flips Town and how Ranger is going out of his way to appease the other investigation role.

You can't lose something you don't have.

-Snow
Dragon Knight
Dragon Knight
Goon
Dragon Knight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #522 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2016 5:41 am

Post by Dragon Knight »

In post 509, Polar Vortex wrote:And no, you don't fucking get a choice in who you investigate. I propose we also take a vote on that one.

Bearbert

I will garruntee that if you try to tell us who to investigate, we will do the exact opposite of what you say.
Hydra of Firebringer and DiamondSentinel

Sorry for the cancer!
Masquerade
Masquerade
Mafia Scum
Masquerade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #523 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2016 5:59 am

Post by Masquerade »

In post 511, BlackStar wrote:If you look back at all of my games you'll see that I suck at scum hunting

I played with you before and this time I think you suck because you're scum.
You said jeanne looked scummy, yet you never voted her. You did vote several null-reads though so it's not like you're hesitant with your votes either. You were actually defending her when DK started pushing her, see , , .
BlackStar
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #524 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2016 6:08 am

Post by BlackStar »

In post 523, Masquerade wrote:
In post 511, BlackStar wrote:If you look back at all of my games you'll see that I suck at scum hunting

I played with you before and this time I think you suck because you're scum.
You said jeanne looked scummy, yet you never voted her. You did vote several null-reads though so it's not like you're hesitant with your votes either. You were actually defending her when DK started pushing her, see , , .

I'm always town. Always.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”