Survivor
Marquis
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #726 (ISO) » Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:00 pm

Post by Marquis »

PROD
TheTrollie
has been prodded. This is his third prod.
link in bio
duppin
duppin
Mafia Scum
duppin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #727 (ISO) » Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:13 am

Post by duppin »

In post 698, Ranger wrote: Hey, duppin, take a cue from your predecessor RC on this: I'm a
really, really competent scumhunter
, who is
very frequently lynchbait
. His words, not mine.

If you think I look like scum, but you also think my scumreads are good,
lynch my scumreads

Sorry but this is irrelevant. I know how you play.
I don't like your slot because of how Bro played, you haven't really done anything particular scummy yourself but you haven't managed to change my read of the slot either.

@Gamma, care to explain the scumread on my slot? I'm also not entirely sure what your read on Ranger is.
duppin
duppin
Mafia Scum
duppin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #728 (ISO) » Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:28 am

Post by duppin »

In post 667, KuroiXHF wrote:BTW, I have an idea on who to vote next but I'm curious as to who replaced RC first. Maybe we'll get new info/reads.

Well, I'm here now.
duppin
duppin
Mafia Scum
duppin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #729 (ISO) » Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:38 am

Post by duppin »

@Gamma sorry I realised you actually did kinda explain the scumread on RC. I'd still like to know what exactly your read on Ranger is though.
KuroiXHF
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #730 (ISO) » Fri Apr 15, 2016 6:29 am

Post by KuroiXHF »

Crap. I should have time a bit soon to add. I'm really excited to make points. For right now,

VOTE: Aristophanes

Reasons to come soon.
TheTrollie
TheTrollie
Mafia Scum
TheTrollie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #731 (ISO) » Fri Apr 15, 2016 7:15 am

Post by TheTrollie »

i think i could get behind a kuroi lynch. need to ISO but thats what im thinking

i do not think the lovers shit has any indication on alignment necessarily, dont like that setup-spec line
"scum, scum, scum" went TheTrollie!

Get to know me: GTKAS - TheTrollie
KuroiXHF
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #732 (ISO) » Fri Apr 15, 2016 7:26 am

Post by KuroiXHF »

http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Lover

I'll have time to respond to others soon, but I was able to pull this up now. Not alignment indicative.
KuroiXHF
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #733 (ISO) » Fri Apr 15, 2016 8:17 am

Post by KuroiXHF »

In post 718, Gammagooey wrote:----------------------------probably the last thing, though it's theoretically possible that i have a couple more read elaborations tomorrow----------------------
i will give ranger a concession that VOTE: kurio's one of the people I'd be least surprised to flip scum at this point. Him and trollie are pretty much the only people left that I don't think have really done anything slightly town yet, as I think Maestro has a kind of confidence in his posting that's more likely to be coming from town than scum, errant's got his claim with ranger and his QT joining, and everyone else has at least a post or two that looks like they're legitimately hunting for scum.

I did say I'm having a hard time gaining traction in this game. I believe I just got some and I've also used some people when they're on me of gauging some alignment. Perhaps I should come back with a read list, although I'm still having a bit of a tough time.

If you're wondering why trollie over kurio,
I just feel like I can see kurio flipping town
and everyone being super shocked because he never really gave a shit when 2/3rds of the game has been borderline impossible to read garbage and of course he didn't bother because he just didn't really have any solid reads and didn't feel a need to fake any.

Wait, but you JUST said you'd be least surprised if I popped up scum. (look at both bolds - from this quote and the former.)

In post 720, Ranger wrote:Because even off-site I've never seen lovers be scum.
Third party, sure, scum, no.
Yet alone, on-site.

Ah, the whole "I've never seen it happen, therefore it CAN'T happen" cliche.

Lovers are an inherently town role.

My last post proved you to have lied.

The reason why it would
potentially
be considered tolerable is that RC was attacking Kuroi, and Kuroi as scum would be happy to see RC go, and by posting that, be firm about it, discrediting RC after he can no longer defend himself, degrading him as both a person and a player, and then rub it in his face by backing the mod up.

You're not a mod, thus you can't be here for mod business. If you have a problem with me, you can report it or speak with me after the game via PM and I'd be more than happy with converse with you. For now, shut up and play the game.

In post 721, Aristophanes wrote:Sorry, I'm here!
It's been a busy week!

1) Yes, it has been.
2) You've been here long enough to know about V/LA. Surely you've had enough time for that.

In post 722, Aristophanes wrote:
In post 711, hiplop wrote:aristophanes lurking is seriously making me wonder

hes active elsewhere
Because I was catching up elsewhere too.

Really? I remember the last time you've been "somewhere else" being active and not being active in the game. Yuk It Up Buttercup wasn't such a long time ago. You were scum.

In post 728, duppin wrote:
In post 667, KuroiXHF wrote:BTW, I have an idea on who to vote next but I'm curious as to who replaced RC first. Maybe we'll get new info/reads.

Well, I'm here now.

Yay!
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #734 (ISO) » Fri Apr 15, 2016 8:20 am

Post by Nahdia »

i think what was meant is that Lovers are generally town except for in setups which specifically use mafia lovers. Lover is a strong negative utility and it's rare mafia are penalized to that extent.
we're all made of stories | remember to take your b12 | sign up for a GTKAS thread! (request access here)

"I’m going to harness love for epidemiological purposes."
-Zaphkael, 2020
KuroiXHF
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #735 (ISO) » Fri Apr 15, 2016 8:23 am

Post by KuroiXHF »

That's not how it appeared to me. It seemed that she wrote it the way that she meant it in an attempt to make the role appear town. It appeared deceitful to me.
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #736 (ISO) » Fri Apr 15, 2016 8:45 am

Post by Nahdia »

Riiiight... because she totally didn't think any of us were capable of looking up the role on the Wiki...
we're all made of stories | remember to take your b12 | sign up for a GTKAS thread! (request access here)

-Zaphkael, 2020
KuroiXHF
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #737 (ISO) » Fri Apr 15, 2016 10:17 am

Post by KuroiXHF »

Not necessarily that we couldn't, but more of if we were going to simply take her at her word. I appreciate you defending her, but at best, her words were misspoken to the point of negligence.
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #738 (ISO) » Fri Apr 15, 2016 10:47 am

Post by Gammagooey »

In post 729, duppin wrote:@Gamma sorry I realised you actually did kinda explain the scumread on RC. I'd still like to know what exactly your read on Ranger is though.

If I had to put it on a scale of town->scum it'd probably be a really slight town read. There are scum lovers that have existed on site but in order for that to work the setup usually has to be either nightless or generally wonky as all hell (something like 4 scum with a really significant amount of town investigative powers+a vig unless the game has some amount of bastard-ry elements in it), and as infuriatingly irritating and imo just fucking lazy, awful play as ranger's shown up with so far, her attitude I think fits more towards an arrogant overconfident town player than scum.
Bro's play is kind of similar, though that's because of more personal experience- I actually went through bro's list of games after he got force-replaced to try and remember if there were any other games I had played with him that I just forgot about, but I couldn't find any aside from the one I mentioned. In that game (drawn on arrival), he ALSO went on a tirade about me and several other people being shit at reading him even though I'm fairly certain that was the first non face-to-face game I'd ever played with him, and we didn't play many face to face games either. From what I've seen, not really doing anything readable and acting like he has a persecution complex seems like kind of just what he does early game.
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #739 (ISO) » Fri Apr 15, 2016 10:53 am

Post by Nahdia »

In post 737, KuroiXHF wrote:Not necessarily that we couldn't, but more of if we were going to simply take her at her word. I appreciate you defending her, but at best, her words were misspoken to the point of negligence.
OK, well, I'm trying not to do that thing I do where I always answer stuff for other people but like, man. Even if Ranger does end up being scum, I think this point is bad and wrong and shouldn't be something anyone puts any stock in whatsoever lol

-Zaphkael, 2020
Marquis
Marquis
Survivor
Marquis
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #740 (ISO) » Fri Apr 15, 2016 10:53 am

Post by Marquis »

NOTEI will be V/LA until late Sunday night, but will still be able to check in and address things on mobile.
link in bio
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #741 (ISO) » Fri Apr 15, 2016 10:53 am

Post by Gammagooey »

In post 733, KuroiXHF wrote:
In post 718, Gammagooey wrote:----------------------------probably the last thing, though it's theoretically possible that i have a couple more read elaborations tomorrow----------------------
i will give ranger a concession that VOTE: kurio's one of the people I'd be least surprised to flip scum at this point. Him and trollie are pretty much the only people left that I don't think have really done anything slightly town yet, as I think Maestro has a kind of confidence in his posting that's more likely to be coming from town than scum, errant's got his claim with ranger and his QT joining, and everyone else has at least a post or two that looks like they're legitimately hunting for scum.

I did say I'm having a hard time gaining traction in this game. I believe I just got some and I've also used some people when they're on me of gauging some alignment. Perhaps I should come back with a read list, although I'm still having a bit of a tough time.

If you're wondering why trollie over kurio,
I just feel like I can see kurio flipping town
and everyone being super shocked because he never really gave a shit when 2/3rds of the game has been borderline impossible to read garbage and of course he didn't bother because he just didn't really have any solid reads and didn't feel a need to fake any.

Wait, but you JUST said you'd be least surprised if I popped up scum. (look at both bolds - from this quote and the former.)

you're right that sure would have made more sense if it was explaining how I've felt about you through the gameday and there was a sentence immediately after that saying that I find that feeling less and less legitimate as the day's gone on oh wait there it is

In post 718, Gammagooey wrote:
If you're wondering why trollie over kurio, I just feel like I can see kurio flipping town and everyone being super shocked because he never really gave a shit when 2/3rds of the game has been borderline impossible to read garbage and of course he didn't bother because he just didn't really have any solid reads and didn't feel a need to fake any. And yeah that's become less and less likely as the game's actually finally gotten some real content and he continues to have little flippant votes based on nothing and isn't even bothering enough to find scum to have a vote down on anyone atm.
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #742 (ISO) » Fri Apr 15, 2016 10:58 am

Post by Gammagooey »

@duppin- Are you seriously considering voting Trollie? If you're not I'm probably going to jump on kuroi's wagon since we've got 2 days left and it seems reeal good to start consolidating wagons.
KuroiXHF
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #743 (ISO) » Fri Apr 15, 2016 11:12 am

Post by KuroiXHF »

You're doing a great job at letting people how to do your job, aren't ya?
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #744 (ISO) » Fri Apr 15, 2016 11:33 am

Post by Gammagooey »

I was going to call you out on how stupid it is to insinuate that strongly that I'm scum instead of just voting me

but actually I'm just going to do this instead
Vote: KurioXHF

Like, seriously, if that is actually what you think about what I'm doing, why the hell aren't you voting me already
KuroiXHF
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #745 (ISO) » Fri Apr 15, 2016 11:43 am

Post by KuroiXHF »

I'm accusing you of not thinking for yourself, not being scum. Your voting me is clear indication of that.
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #746 (ISO) » Fri Apr 15, 2016 1:45 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

well given the fucking ENORMOUS amount of words I've just spewed into this game, that's a sack of shit.
KuroiXHF
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #747 (ISO) » Fri Apr 15, 2016 1:46 pm

Post by KuroiXHF »

You can post a lot of words without being able to think for yourself: You're evidence of that.
KuroiXHF
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #748 (ISO) » Fri Apr 15, 2016 2:13 pm

Post by KuroiXHF »

I'll also be blunt: I think the biggest reason Gammagooey is voting me is because I've hurt his feelings and I'm aggravating him.
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #749 (ISO) » Fri Apr 15, 2016 3:03 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

I don't actually see how that would hurt my feelings at all really, it just feels like you're trying to deflect what I'm saying with something that you can tell isn't applicable to the situation. You're just complaining that I'm following someone else when I've already said why you're one of my top 2 scum reads, and the person who I was thinking was scum all game (clumsy) started doing things that look town and you haven't.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”