Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #901 (ISO) » Tue Oct 09, 2007 10:08 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

Ah well I lost the pms. You know the deaths. The masons were volkan, ckd and Setael.

Post-game analysis coming soon.
curiouskarmadog in 212 wrote:thoughts on everyone thus far.

i am highly suspicious of elias and para at this point. they both (along with oman) jumped on the nelly wagon very fast.

Vollkan is now a confirmed vig and will likely be nked. thank you for your help day 1, your contribution is appreciated.

Pulsewidth, spag, thehermit, and sir tornado have not really posted enough to warrant a judgement right now either way.

gorckat has not posted the whole game (i think) and as i thought dfn has disappeared

so..
Requesting a prod for gorckat and dfn, please.

Gorckat posted today. DFN will be prodded tomorrow. Don't bother asking me to prod someone if it hasn't been 72 hours without a post yet. -Mod

nelly:

Maybe it is because of the self vote, but I am thinking that nelly is just newbie town. A guess would be that he wanted to pull an “i told you I was town” type comment once lynched. Sort of guessing here though. Oman places his vote on him gives him some town creds anyway. Nelly, your thoughts on this?
I can't believe you guys fell for this easy breadcrumb.

The only names capitalized were pulse and volkan. Not only that, but the first letters of every sentence in the last paragraph states M.A.S.O.N. That was the most obvious one EVER.

CKD, that disappointed me soooo much. Usually masons will have complex codes to cover up their crumbs...I remember mine used to be something like xyz=efg and something really complicated to prove the right formula was used.

---

Sorry man, this is retaliation for spamming my inbox every time I did something wrong!

You guys don't even know, every time something was missing in the opening post or a hammer fell or I mis-spelled a word, CKD was all over my ass! Unbelievable! This was a pretty high maintenance game.

Albert B. Rampage wrote:
Mod Announcement:

Mandatory feedback required :P
*coughs*
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #902 (ISO) » Tue Oct 09, 2007 10:15 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:Ah well I lost the pms. You know the deaths. The masons were volkan, ckd and Setael.

Post-game analysis coming soon.
curiouskarmadog in 212 wrote:thoughts on everyone thus far.

i am highly suspicious of elias and para at this point. they both (along with oman) jumped on the nelly wagon very fast.

Vollkan is now a confirmed vig and will likely be nked. thank you for your help day 1, your contribution is appreciated.

Pulsewidth, spag, thehermit, and sir tornado have not really posted enough to warrant a judgement right now either way.

gorckat has not posted the whole game (i think) and as i thought dfn has disappeared

so..
Requesting a prod for gorckat and dfn, please.

Gorckat posted today. DFN will be prodded tomorrow. Don't bother asking me to prod someone if it hasn't been 72 hours without a post yet. -Mod

nelly:

Maybe it is because of the self vote, but I am thinking that nelly is just newbie town. A guess would be that he wanted to pull an “i told you I was town” type comment once lynched. Sort of guessing here though. Oman places his vote on him gives him some town creds anyway. Nelly, your thoughts on this?
I can't believe you guys fell for this easy breadcrumb.

The only names capitalized were pulse and volkan. Not only that, but the first letters of every sentence in the last paragraph states M.A.S.O.N. That was the most obvious one EVER.

CKD, that disappointed me soooo much. Usually masons will have complicated codes to cover up their crumbs...I remember mine used to be something like xyz=efg and something really complicated to prove the right formula was used.

---

Sorry man, this is retaliation for spamming my inbox every time I did something wrong!

You guys don't even know, every time something was missing in the opening post or a hammer fell or I mis-spelled a word, CKD was all over my ass! Unbelievable! This was a pretty high maintenance game.

Albert B. Rampage wrote:
Mod Announcement:

Mandatory feedback required :P
*coughs*
well, considering that was the first breadcrumb I have used on this site and no one caught it, I am quite proud of it.

1st, people missed it because it was buried in a ton of messages.

2nd, Set provided the post number so YOU knew where to look.

and yes, you did fine as a MOD.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #903 (ISO) » Tue Oct 09, 2007 10:17 am

Albert B. Rampage wrote:
---

that is a little bit of an exaggeration..he left out that sent him a mail saying he was doing a good job too.

the only thing I didnt like, was the "if this game is still going when I leave, mafia wins"
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Elias_the_thief
Elias_the_thief
He/Him
Not Statistically Significant
Elias_the_thief
He/Him
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #904 (ISO) » Tue Oct 09, 2007 10:19 am

Post by Elias_the_thief »

As I said earlier, I dislike the reduced number to lynch, and I prefer the roles to be stated in the lynch scene as well as front page. Otherwise, good job.
I play the games rul gud.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #905 (ISO) » Tue Oct 09, 2007 10:19 am

State of the art breadcrumb:
I think you're radically oversimplifying things if you assume that (a) all townies are able to act townie (b) no scum are able to act townie and (c) the masons would be able to tell the difference with perfect accuracy, which is what this plan seems to require since it exposes the masons. If the masons take the lead and get it wrong, well, apart from scum
that helps nobody. The first attempt
at lynching scum that fails leaves us in real trouble in that scenario, so I can't see how it's
an option you might want to use
. Is the ability of 3 masons to pick 3 scum out of 8 people so very much greater than the ability of 8 protown players to pick scum from the whole field? Lowell seems very certain that it is.
1. ABR. The third letters of the words colored blue spell ALBERT.

2. A Papaya. This one's a bit more complicated, but I wanted to make sure if one code had to be revealed it wouldn't lead to discovery of the other.

Take the first letters of the words colored red to get AOYMWTU. Now, move each successive letter forward an increasing number of letters in the alphabet, starting with zero so the first letter is unchanged. That is,

A+0 = A
O+1 = P
Y+2 = A
M+3 = P
W+4 = A
T+5 = Y
U+6 = A

And voila, A Papaya.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #906 (ISO) » Tue Oct 09, 2007 10:21 am

Post by vollkan »

Thanks Albert. That was a good game.

Well done Setael. I was really concerned at the end there but you did brilliantly.

Also, well done to Shanba; you did very well given that Oman kind of screwed the mafia over on day 1. :)
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #907 (ISO) » Tue Oct 09, 2007 10:21 am

Albert B. Rampage wrote:O.K. O.K, you can say bad things too. Except for Elias. Elias can only say good things.
Elias_the_thief wrote:As I said earlier, I dislike the reduced number to lynch, and I prefer the roles to be stated in the lynch scene as well as front page. Otherwise, good job.
ZOMG
MODKILL
!

Actually, as you've probably noticed, I only used that once in the first day to make it end faster. I think I will do this in every game I mod from now on. Nobody gets along Day1s.
Elias_the_thief
Elias_the_thief
He/Him
Elias_the_thief
He/Him

Post Post #908 (ISO) » Tue Oct 09, 2007 10:23 am

Hey, I think I have the right to say bad things after how stressful this game was for me. But yeah, I'm glad you removed it after the first day.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #909 (ISO) » Tue Oct 09, 2007 10:27 am

lolol Elias.. <3 you. How was the flavor, for a regular mini ?
Elias_the_thief
Elias_the_thief
He/Him
Elias_the_thief
He/Him

Post Post #910 (ISO) » Tue Oct 09, 2007 10:30 am

Oh yeah, I was going to say. I actually really liked your flavour. That was probably your best mod quality in my opinion.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #911 (ISO) » Tue Oct 09, 2007 10:31 am

liked the flavor...read too much into the flavor...but liked it
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #912 (ISO) » Tue Oct 09, 2007 10:33 am

Post by vollkan »

Yeah. The flavouring was good. I didn't read into it much, I just appreciated the creative means of killing.
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #913 (ISO) » Tue Oct 09, 2007 10:42 am

Post by Setael »

vollkan wrote:Well done Setael. I was really concerned at the end there but you did brilliantly.
This is a high compliment. Thanks, vollkan.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #914 (ISO) » Tue Oct 09, 2007 10:44 am

Analysis coming up but I just want to say that the masons really outdid themselves, even CKD. They were a pretty strong team compared to the mafia. Set, comments on flavor ? You were one of the main chars after Volkan died :P

I pretty much got lazy after the first day but forced onward. I almost left mafiascum if it weren't for you guys, too.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #915 (ISO) » Tue Oct 09, 2007 10:50 am

"Even CKD"? What the hell? You havent played with me enough to state "even CKD" :P I dont think that the mason (team) was as strong and the mafia (team) was weak. Shanba played well. Poor Yag replaced into a shit storm. Not understanding why Sir T decided he didnt want to be in this game.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #916 (ISO) » Tue Oct 09, 2007 10:51 am

Also again, kudos Set, you won really won this game for the town...
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #917 (ISO) » Tue Oct 09, 2007 10:58 am

SPAG obviously f*cked up for YL, and he couldn't do shit. I honestly feel bad for him.

Shanba didn't give this game that much effort, as he said himself. I almost had to prod him a few times. I think I did once. He just had no interest in reading the massive amounts of text, I guess.

Oman played fairly bad, by all accounts.

---

Volkan on the other hand, vigged a mafia day 1.

Setael somehow derailed the Elias wagon when I thought all was lost, and squeezed the last scum in some really big turnaround finale.

CKD, your analysis and discussions were strong, but you twice mislynched in Parax and Gorckat, and if not for your stubborness, I don't think they would have been lynched. Not only this, you claimed inappropriately and as a result got NK'd. Despite of some major mistakes, I believe you played better than Shanba, Sir Tornado and most of the other players.

Elias was a survivor in this game. Pure survivalist. I don't how he did it, but he made it. Respect.

Nelly...another guy I have no idea how he lived. lol I really don't. But he was on some crucial bandwagons so its all good.

Hermit played fantastically well too, and would've convinced me to be the last mason.

Jordan played really well too, imo, although his stay was a short one.

Gorckat started out slow but really got the ball rolling once he was under suspicion, mainly by you.

---

All in all, I wonder what would have happened if it was the mafia, or a townie who would've had the free kill. Might not have turned out so pretty.
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #918 (ISO) » Tue Oct 09, 2007 11:09 am

Post by vollkan »

ABR wrote: Oman played fairly bad, by all accounts.
Indeed.

When I was prodding him with my dayvig questions on D1, I was doing it almost half-jokingly...I didn't actually expect him to be foolish enough to fall for such an obvious trap.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #919 (ISO) » Tue Oct 09, 2007 11:11 am

CKD, I think that a team consisting of Sir T, YL and Shanba would have surely given you a hard time if they weren't so hurriedly replaced on a moment's notice.
Elias_the_thief
Elias_the_thief
He/Him
Elias_the_thief
He/Him

Post Post #920 (ISO) » Tue Oct 09, 2007 11:19 am

Albert B. Rampage wrote: Oman played fairly bad, by all accounts.
I disagree. Vollkan made a good play, but I didnt think the "trap" he fell into was all too telling. As with SPAG, I thought we got lucky.
Albert B. Rampage wrote: Setael somehow derailed the Elias wagon when I thought all was lost
setael
derailed my wagon? Geez, its not like I had 154 posts of defense by the end.
Albert B. Rampage wrote: Elias was a survivor in this game. Pure survivalist. I don't how he did it, but he made it. Respect.
I have to disagree here. I tried to scumhunt as well. When I saw myself getting lynched, I knew that it put us down one townie. If I could get the lynch away from myself, I knew we had more chance of hitting scum then with me, since I knew myself to be town. So it's not like I abandoned all pretenses of trying to actually win, besides surviving.
Albert B. Rampage wrote: All in all, I wonder what would have happened if it was the mafia, or a townie who would've had the free kill. Might not have turned out so pretty.
Yeah. The mason having the kill was definately the best case scenario.[/i]
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #921 (ISO) » Tue Oct 09, 2007 11:23 am

I think you were pretty close to a lynch several times, bro. Somehow Setael came up with an unprecedented Shanba case and got him lynched.

I meant that in a good way. As in you survived for the town. You defended yourself extraordinarily well.

We still disagree on Oman though.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #922 (ISO) » Tue Oct 09, 2007 11:26 am

Albert B. Rampage wrote: CKD, your analysis and discussions were strong, but you twice mislynched in Parax and Gorckat, and if not for your stubborness, I don't think they would have been lynched. Not only this, you claimed inappropriately and as a result got NK'd. Despite of some major mistakes, I believe you played better than Shanba, Sir Tornado and most of the other players.

agreed, my biggest problem in the game (on this site) is being stubborn. I pick up something I think is a scum tell and cant let it go. I wasnt sure about the claim. I was shocked by the Nelly/Shanba votes putting me close to a lynch. I had been riding gorckat and elias pretty hard (and figured once of the two were scum), so I thought I was lynched for sure...I was getting ready to go to bed, and thought "if I leave this game tonight, am I going to wake up dead". With so many new people, I wondered if I was going to get opportunity to claim. oh well, play and learn.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #923 (ISO) » Tue Oct 09, 2007 11:42 am

Post by Setael »

Elias wrote:
Albert wrote:Setael somehow derailed the Elias wagon when I thought all was lost
setael derailed my wagon? Geez, its not like I had 154 posts of defense by the end.
It's actually funny to look back at how I kept going in circles on Elias. I'd be convinced he was scum and then remember my own argument that he wouldn't have disregarded a scum buddy's wagon (SPAG's) so blatantly.

Though I think it's not very gracious of Elias to claim all the scum lynches were just luck, it would've been a lot tougher if Shanba (or SPAG, or Oman) would've fought the cases on them as hard as Elias did.
Elias_the_thief
Elias_the_thief
He/Him
Elias_the_thief
He/Him

Post Post #924 (ISO) » Tue Oct 09, 2007 2:16 pm

I still think we got very lucky on both the SPAG lynch, and on the daykill. Maybe Vollkan saw something in Oman's response that I didnt, but I really didnt think that it was a very strong tell. I mean, it couldve easily been a townie who was not a strong player mixing up his words. That's the reason I thought the scum gambit was likely. I thought "No way a townie actually caught scum based on just that". But obviously, being a mason gave him an advantage by taking two players off his LoS. So I guess he did know a little more, and it was a good job by Vollkan. But I wont back down on SPAG. I still think he couldve easily been a townie who wasnt paying attention to the game.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”