This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #925 (ISO) » Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:01 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

Mod Edit
Official Vote Count #37

Tarhalindur[3](Oman, pwayne66, Tarhalindur)
Kakeng[3](theopor_COD, Mastermind of Sin, White)
Flameaxe[2](vollkan, Kakeng)
Trojan Horse[1](tyhess)
White[1](Flameaxe)

Not Voting[2](Trojan Horse, curiouskarmadog)

pwayne66 wrote:
My turn: Are you in favor of letting Tar become a cult member? Why the objection then?
No, I dont want to lose any townies, but to lynch someone based on what you think the Cult leader will do does not sit well. Again, when do we stop lynching townies and start lynching scum?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #926 (ISO) » Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:04 am

pwayne66 wrote:
My turn again: It just seems to me like you would like all the vanilla townies to fill out a cute little register for easy access...and THAT bothers ME.
Well i dont know where you are getting that? I never asked anyone to claim...what bothers you? The fact I dont want to lynch townies? IF we kill Tar today (assuming he is just a townie) the cult leader still gets a chance to convert someone? , right.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
pwayne66
pwayne66
Goon
pwayne66
Goon
Goon

Post Post #927 (ISO) » Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:05 am

Post by pwayne66 »

Right now (unless I am missing a post) you are the only one (well, I guess White too) stating that you want to lynch vanilla town Day 1.
So? This wagon not hip enough for you?
Why the hell are we not trying to lynch scum?
Please tell me how Tar is not going to be scum tomorrow. And then ask me about lynching scum.
We don’t have to worry about the cult leader if we can lynch him today, right?
Where was your plan for doing this? I would so love to read it...
So tomorrow if the cult leader is still around are we going to lynch another townie?
It depends. Is anybody going to claim vanilla townie tomorrow? If so, then yes. If we don't kill Tar tonight and kill him tomorrow instead, then no, we kill a cult member and you get to save your clean conscience.
Don’t mafia still get night kills?
Unless you know something I don't.
Shouldn’t we be worried about that?
yup
I guess I am talking more theory right now, but I am not for lynching town, I would rather lynch some type of scum today.
where is oman and his townie brownies b/c ckd is dying for some right now...
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #928 (ISO) » Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:11 am

FoS Pwayne

the more I am think about it, the more I am not liking it. Killing someone because the cult might recruit them is silly. That is like killing someone who is healthy because they MIGHT get AIDS. If you really want to stop the cult, why not lynch Tar tomorrow, since you are so sure the cult will recruit him, or did you want to save that lynch for another claimed townie?

maybe I am not understanding the theory here, somebody please explain it too me. We need every townie we got to win this game. Isnt it better for us to try to lynch scum (CL and mafia) today, versus lynching a townie that the cult might try to convert?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
pwayne66
pwayne66
Goon
pwayne66
Goon
Goon

Post Post #929 (ISO) » Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:19 am

Post by pwayne66 »

^^^
If I claimed I was the doctor, the mafia would NK me. They wouldn't play any tricks or what ever to confuse the town. There is nothing silly about assuming that a claimed Dr. will get NKed.

For the cult, a claimed townie is like a claimed Doc is for the mafia, so why would it be silly to assume they would recruit a claimed townie?
pwayne66
pwayne66
Goon
pwayne66
Goon
Goon

Post Post #930 (ISO) » Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:25 am

Post by pwayne66 »

If you want to wait and kill Tar until tomorrow, that is fine. I do doubt that you will follow through with your promise though.

Why don't you recommend a better shot at lynching scum then I might believe that my theory is not the best option.

My plan, at the very least, removes a MASSIVE liability without killing a protown power role and I am at least 80% sure that we preemptively remove a scum from tomorrow's game. Top that, and I am on board with whatever you say.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #931 (ISO) » Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:33 am

pwayne66 wrote:
Right now (unless I am missing a post) you are the only one (well, I guess White too) stating that you want to lynch vanilla town Day 1.
So? This wagon not hip enough for you?
Is that why you are on it?
pwayne66 wrote:
Why the hell are we not trying to lynch scum?
Please tell me how Tar is not going to be scum tomorrow. And then ask me about lynching scum.
then why not leave tar for tomorrow?
pwayne66 wrote:
We don’t have to worry about the cult leader if we can lynch him today, right?
Where was your plan for doing this? I would so love to read it...
Are you serious? How does anyone find and lynch scum in this game? Here is a good start, if we get a chance to lynch, DON’T LYNCH WHO WE THINK IS A TOWNIE.
pwayne66 wrote:
So tomorrow if the cult leader is still around are we going to lynch another townie?
It depends. Is anybody going to claim vanilla townie tomorrow? If so, then yes. If we don't kill Tar tonight and kill him tomorrow instead, then no, we kill a cult member and you get to save your clean conscience.
We already have another claimed townie (smiley or not). If we think Tar has been recruited tomorrow, I don’t have a problem lynching him tomorrow…but right now, he is still town.
pwayne66 wrote:where is oman and his townie brownies b/c ckd is dying for some right now...
so now you are going to poke fun at the fact I don’t want to lynch a townie today like it is a bad idea?

Vote Pwayne

Tell me, why are you pushing for a tar(townie) lynch today versus tomorrow?
pwayne66 wrote:^^^
If I claimed I was the doctor, the mafia would NK me. They wouldn't play any tricks or what ever to confuse the town. There is nothing silly about assuming that a claimed Dr. will get NKed.

For the cult, a claimed townie is like a claimed Doc is for the mafia, so why would it be silly to assume they would recruit a claimed townie?

Wow…you are really are going to keep pushing this crap case against Tar When have I said I thought the cult wouldn’t target a claimed townie? If we kill Tar today, the cult leader still gets a choice that might be a vanilla town. So instead of losing just one townie to a convert, we could possibly lose two (we lynch a townie and the CL converted another).

Why is Tar a better lynch today than tomorrow? Using your logic, the CL (even after this conversation) wont be able to help himself and will convert Tar tonight, then you definitely know who to lynch tomorrow, right? No you would rather lynch a townie today so we don’t have a clue who the CL might target.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #932 (ISO) » Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:37 am

xpost
pwayne66 wrote:If you want to wait and kill Tar until tomorrow, that is fine. I do doubt that you will follow through with your promise though.

Why don't you recommend a better shot at lynching scum then I might believe that my theory is not the best option.

My plan, at the very least, removes a MASSIVE liability without killing a protown power role and I am at least 80% sure that we preemptively remove a scum from tomorrow's game. Top that, and I am on board with whatever you say.
again, you have put words in my mouth. When have I promised to lynch Tar tomorrow? All I said was I would be ok with it (why dont we leave tomorrow talk for tomorrow).

so you are saying there is no one in this game that could be scum?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
White
White
Goon
White
Goon
Goon

Post Post #933 (ISO) » Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:45 am

Post by White »

Bicker more please.
Show
House Rules:

1. God came to my house and I killed him.

2. I will kill anyone who comes to my house like I killed God.

3. Give me one dead body and I might let rule #2 slide.

You have until Dawn.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #934 (ISO) » Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:46 am

White wrote:Bicker more please.
you think this is bicker?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
pwayne66
pwayne66
Goon
pwayne66
Goon
Goon

Post Post #935 (ISO) » Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:47 am

Post by pwayne66 »

If we think Tar has been recruited tomorrow
How are you going to know?

At any rate you have my case. We don't have one from you. So again, top my odds today and you have my vote today. Do you think we have a better chance hammering scum by voting me?

BTW
Why is Tar a better lynch today than tomorrow?
or
why dont we leave tomorrow talk for tomorrow
pick a point and stick with it.

But to answer your question, I don't think that Tar is a better lynch today than tomorrow. Tar is a better lynch today than any other lynches I see. Prove me wrong. You think I am a better lynch, or is this a pressure vote b/c I'm not posting enough?
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #936 (ISO) » Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:51 am

I feel like you are pushing an anti-town idea (that is why you have my vote). I dont like the "odds" of losing a possibility of 3 town between today and tonight. We need every town we can possibly have to keep the majority.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
tyhess
tyhess
Goon
tyhess
Goon
Goon

Post Post #937 (ISO) » Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:53 am

Post by tyhess »

As soon as Tar stated that in his other game he was town when he acted like that, I was 95% sure he was scum. However, I don't think that lynching him at this point will help us out Day 2. If we lynch someone day 1 that has actually talked, then day 2 we could lynch tar and try to get more info by attacking people based on what happened day 1, and then lynch one of those said people day 3, giving us an extra day to find the most likely candidate to be scum. If we lynch tar now, even if he is scum, we gain next to nothing to help us tommorow. Either way we lynch tar, but lynching him tommorow would help us in the long run in my opinion.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #938 (ISO) » Tue Oct 09, 2007 10:00 am

whoa, what?

Ok, if you are trying to tell us that you think Tar is scum, then you SHOULD vote for him...information aside, we want to kill scum, i think at this point, there is a ton of "information" surrounding Tar.

my problem with pwayne is he wants to lynch tar because he has claimed vanilla town...

there is a difference..
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
tyhess
tyhess
Goon
tyhess
Goon
Goon

Post Post #939 (ISO) » Tue Oct 09, 2007 10:02 am

Post by tyhess »

Yeah but what information will help us make a case for or against anyone tommorow? Nothing.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #940 (ISO) » Tue Oct 09, 2007 10:11 am

I cant do all the work for you.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #941 (ISO) » Tue Oct 09, 2007 10:15 am

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

I'm pretty sure pwayne is cult now. If we lynch Tar now, he HASN'T BEEN RECRUITED. This means that the cult can safely try to recruit someone else tonight, and we'll have no clue who it is. By lynching someone other than Tar, the cult *might* recruit him, but they know we know about him. If they don't recruit Tar, we've saved ourself a townie and made the cult attempt someone else. pwayne's twisted logic is implying that if we lynch Tar today, the cult won't have a new recruit tomorrow, since they can't recruit Tar. That's just idiotic. I think our cult leader just slipped up.

Unvote, Vote: pwayne
Permanent V/LA.
pwayne66
pwayne66
Goon
pwayne66
Goon
Goon

Post Post #942 (ISO) » Tue Oct 09, 2007 10:17 am

Post by pwayne66 »

That is a good point tyhess. I will address this more after I have though about it a bit.

I guess if anything CKD, I am frustrated that you don't see that if Tar is vanilla townie, he is in the cult tomorrow. It is frustrating because I tried so hard to have an honest discussion about this at the very beginning. I am also frustrated because you insist on accusing me of wanting to kill vanilla townies. Anybody that is paying attention knows that this is not the case. Anybody that digested the first 5 pages of this thread knows this. Anybody that digested the first 5 pages of this thread knows that a claiming vanilla townie (claiming at all) was a bad idea because they would get recruited by the cult.

You acting as though this is new, and that I have an unending quest to kill all vanilla townies is blatant mischaracterization. Tar is scum tomorrow. If you don't think he is, then explain to me how he is not. If you cannot, then explain to me why YOU are against lynching scum.
pwayne66
pwayne66
Goon
pwayne66
Goon
Goon

Post Post #943 (ISO) » Tue Oct 09, 2007 10:21 am

Post by pwayne66 »

That's just idiotic. I think our cult leader just slipped up.
Because our cult leader would spend the first several pages urging everybody to not claim town and then try to kill a claimed townie so that I can gamble by trying to recruit somebody else? Why not let everybody kill kakeng and recruit Tar tonight when I have better odds.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #944 (ISO) » Tue Oct 09, 2007 10:22 am

I didnt like it in the 1st 5 pages and I dont like it now that we have a deadline.

you dont 100% know that Tar will be scum tomorrow(at this point after so much conversation about it)

If we lynch him today, someone else might be scum tomorrow...why are you pushing to lower the number of townies?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
tyhess
tyhess
Goon
tyhess
Goon
Goon

Post Post #945 (ISO) » Tue Oct 09, 2007 10:24 am

Post by tyhess »

I just thought of an argument against my case (go figure). At this point, we really don't have anyone that we think is scum other than Tar. So who would we lynch other than him? That pretty much puts a dagger in my theory.....(even though I think if we can find someone else to lynch that we should).....
White
White
Goon
White
Goon
Goon

Post Post #946 (ISO) » Tue Oct 09, 2007 10:24 am

Post by White »

^^ WIFOM
Show
House Rules:

You have until Dawn.
White
White
Goon
White
Goon
Goon

Post Post #947 (ISO) » Tue Oct 09, 2007 10:25 am

Post by White »

We wanna lynch lurkerscum Kakeng.
Show
House Rules:

You have until Dawn.
pwayne66
pwayne66
Goon
pwayne66
Goon
Goon

Post Post #948 (ISO) » Tue Oct 09, 2007 10:31 am

Post by pwayne66 »

If we lynch him today, someone else might be scum tomorrow...why are you pushing to lower the number of townies?
I have answered this and you, again are deliberately misrepresenting my case. So be it.

You mentioned that we are on a deadline, make your case. I've made mine and have stated why it yields the best result. I've done something. Your turn.

As far as MoS goes, I can dig CKD vote on me, he is frustrated and I have been mildly antagonistic. MoS's vote is starting to strike me as opportunistic.
pwayne66
pwayne66
Goon
pwayne66
Goon
Goon

Post Post #949 (ISO) » Tue Oct 09, 2007 10:38 am

Post by pwayne66 »

^^ WIFOM
I don't know if this is directed at me or not, but I can see why someone would think so. It's not WIFOM. If something is scummy then it benefits scum. I fail to see how MoS's theory benefits scum. So it can't be scummy.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”