Mini 506: The Siena Syndicate - Game Over!

ChronX
ChronX
Goon
ChronX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Fri Oct 05, 2007 4:52 am

Post by ChronX »

He "IGMEOU"s Vamp twice, and I hammered, which IS pretty suspicious. All he had on Peers (you) was you made what could have been a leading statement in the post of yours he quoted.

My vote is very weak, but the alternative right now would be to agree with his weak case on you and put you at 3 votes, which I don't want to. The primary purpose of my vote is to stimulate discussion, this game has tumbleweeds at the moment.
Effectively done with MS
Peers
Peers
Goon
Peers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Fri Oct 05, 2007 5:36 am

Post by Peers »

Well, in the interest of stimulating discussion... to defend the guy who has a case on me, it does seem like a leading statement if you read it too fast or don't think about it. I name two names, which seems like I'm trying to limit people's options. But I also say "Or someone else", essentially inviting people to provide other options. It's possible he read that the wrong way, so I can understand where he's coming from.

Not enough to vote for myself, mind you, but I can understand. The fact I only have two votes on me shows that other people read that statement and took it for what it was: A suggestion and a request for other thoughts.
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Fri Oct 05, 2007 6:22 am

Post by Xdaamno »

Page 7 Votecount

Peers: 2
(ChannelDelibird, White)
ChannelDelibird: 2
(Cynic Clinic, ChronX)

Not Voting: 6
(Hadhfang, clockwork, Avinyl, tyhess, VampanezeHunter, Peers)

Player List: Hadhfang, clockwork, ChannelDelibird, Cynic Clinic, Avinyl, tyhess, VampanezeHunter, Peers, White, ChronX.

Six (6) to lynch.

Let's keep up with the activity, guys, because I'm expecting every player to post atleast once every two days.
White
White
Goon
White
Goon
Goon

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Fri Oct 05, 2007 6:26 am

Post by White »

unvote, vote: CDB

Bandwagon!
Show
House Rules:

1. God came to my house and I killed him.

2. I will kill anyone who comes to my house like I killed God.

3. Give me one dead body and I might let rule #2 slide.

You have until Dawn.
Hadhfang
Hadhfang
Goon
Hadhfang
Goon
Goon

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Fri Oct 05, 2007 8:02 am

Post by Hadhfang »

White, care to explain that vote?
This space is left intentionally blank.
White
White
Goon
White
Goon
Goon

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Fri Oct 05, 2007 8:13 am

Post by White »

White wrote:Bandwagon!
Show
House Rules:

You have until Dawn.
Peers
Peers
Goon
Peers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Fri Oct 05, 2007 8:18 am

Post by Peers »

I'd like to hear from the people we haven't heard from for a while.
clockwork
clockwork
Goon
clockwork
Goon
Goon

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Fri Oct 05, 2007 10:32 am

Post by clockwork »

Avinyl and VampanezeHunter, you both seem to have aborted posting your LoS's. Any particular reason why? Did something happen that made you reconsider?

Ditto on Peers's comment. Tyhess, you've only made five posts this whole game and the last one was almost a week ago.
ChronX
ChronX
Goon
ChronX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Fri Oct 05, 2007 10:40 am

Post by ChronX »

ALERT: Family plans most of the weekend, which includes Monday (US pseudo-holiday). Very limited time to spend on Mafia.
Effectively done with MS
VampanezeHunter
VampanezeHunter
Goon
VampanezeHunter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:00 pm

Post by VampanezeHunter »

Holy cow! I keep forgetting to do my LoS!
Here it is...

1)Hadhfang- He hasn't said much!(Sounds hyppocritical I know!) Really we need to have people contributing!
2)Clynic Clinic- Same reason!
3)ChanneldeBird- Same reason!

Also I will be away this weekend for a Rugby tour! Wish me luck!
"...Unvote you Moran..."- SomeStrangeFlea
"...Lag is so much worse in real life than in computer games, if you don't believe me then look at Jesus--it took him three *days* to respawn after he died..."- Khelvaster.
Hadhfang
Hadhfang
Goon
Hadhfang
Goon
Goon

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Sat Oct 06, 2007 3:33 am

Post by Hadhfang »

Sorry about not postnig much, I've been quite busy this week and so have only had chance to get online at a few minutes a time.

At the moment I have a feling about Avinyl, for some reason, Maybe his comment on greenday at th estart was a distancing move, and the same for CC, when Greenday voted him.

Both reason are fairly weak I will admit, though CC's post 110 is a bit odd as well.

FoS:Cynic Clinic
This space is left intentionally blank.
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar
Pronoun: He/they

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Sun Oct 07, 2007 1:22 am

Post by ChannelDelibird »

WHAT IS THE POINT OF THE VACATION/LIMITED ACCESS THREAD IF NOBODY READS THE DAMN THING.

Seriously, it's required reading.

Thoughts soon.
#greenshirtthursdays
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Sun Oct 07, 2007 9:13 am

Post by Xdaamno »

Prodded
tyhess
; not posted since last month.
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:23 am

Post by Xdaamno »

Sending out mass prods to every player who hasn't stated they'll be V/LA; 1 post a day isn't going to cut it.
White
White
Goon
White
Goon
Goon

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:30 am

Post by White »

I'm here, no need for a prod.
Show
House Rules:

You have until Dawn.
Peers
Peers
Goon
Peers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:37 am

Post by Peers »

No need for a prod, I think we've just run out of things to discuss. So, in the itnerest of getting things going...

Vote: VampanzeeHunter

Reason: The only people he suspects are mostly inactive lurkers, well, he left one off his list...

Mod: I know most are still here, the prod was mainly to spark discussion rather than revive players.
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar
Pronoun: He/they

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:58 am

Post by ChannelDelibird »

Ack, had to rewrite this post from 2/3 complete, so I am a little annoyed. Anyway, this is my take on what's happened since my last post.
clockwork's post 122 wrote:Peers' "where do we put our effort" comment was indelicate (as was the "now this is entertainment" post White cited), but I think you guys are overreacting. Noticing a bandwagon is forming--and staying out of it--is not a scum-tell.
I don't see the connection between the two sentences here. Where in Peers' post is he "noticing a bandwagon is forming - and staying out of it"? And what does it have to do with his "where do we put our efforts" line?

tyhess' 123 is complete WIFOM.

ChronX's PBPA in 125 goes some way to reassure me on my earlier concerns - although I don't agree with his belief that clockwork was defending White, that seems clear to me that it was a question about my voting pattern rather than people voting for White.

That said, I agree with his comments re: clockwork and the Bus Driver theory here, and this clarifies his earlier posts on the subject enough to make me
UnFoS: ChronX

Disagree with White's 128 that ChronX is "acting like his back is against the wall". I see calm, but confident, reasoning.

CC's 132 about my choice of vote after outlining my suspicions I guess I can understand, although I'd like to hear
why
the Peers case is weak rather than 'there were better options'. Out of the three other suspicions I had at the time, White was a minor point and ChronX has been sufficiently clarified. It was maybe 50-50 between Peers and VH, but I do believe Peer's post was scummy.

Hadhfang's 134 with role speculation:
never try to outguess the mod
. It really doesn't help. Besides, I can definitely see 4 or 5 power roles, especially if you're counting an SK as a power role.

Peers' 135: My deduction was based on experience of this site. I find the majority of mini normals have either 3 scum or 3 scum and 1 SK, the latter of which seems more likely given the death of a scum last night and nobody else. Yes, there are other possibilities, but 3 scum/1 SK is by far the simpler and more likely, and it's best to think simple unless there is evidence otherwise. This is quite different to why I voted you - you seemed to be limiting the town's choices for a lynch. I was merely giving my informed-by-experience opinion on what was the most likely case. Also, your reasons behind the two people you showcased as lynch choices was based on WIFOM reasoning, part of the CrapLogic family.

clockwork, could you remind me where you explain your reasoning behind why you believe a Bus Driver is more likely?

ChronX's vote for me in 148: as I've already said, D1 I was busy and you guys were way too trigger-happy. The other point I've already addressed. Also, it's not really a great idea to say your vote is a conversation starter. That kinda detracts from the point.

Lastly, VH's LoS is basically crap. Smacks of scum trying to get away with pointing at lurkers.

unvote, vote: VH
For all the reasons I mentioned in my last big post (which I don't believe he's responded to) and his newest, crappest post. Maintaining a
FoS: Peers
, as I still have my reservations about that post of yours, but VH has made his case more pressing.
#greenshirtthursdays
White
White
Goon
White
Goon
Goon

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Mon Oct 08, 2007 9:32 am

Post by White »

Ok, seems we've got a wagon forming on VH. I think i'm going to do an isolated read through of all of his posts and if anything sticks out i'll ask about it.
Show
House Rules:

You have until Dawn.
White
White
Goon
White
Goon
Goon

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Mon Oct 08, 2007 9:49 am

Post by White »

12 total posts. An ASTONISHING 6 of which have had no game relevance! Oh, my, GOSH.

Post's 5 and 6 are random vote followed by an uneccesary ebwop.

13, no relevance.
VH wrote:
CDB wrote:Cynic Clinic seems to have accrued four votes without much fanfare at all. I reckon there could be scum on this wagon.

I'll have a look back over the posts of those voting for him.
Meh only 3. Also mine was a random vote. But for now Unvote: Clynic Clinic I shall also go back and look through and see if there has been any scummy behaviour!
....it's page 2....what exactly are you expecting to find?

VH in 45 is just horribly scummy. (I honestly can't believe i've missed this) He restates the obvious, then suggest it might be scum doing it (WIFOM). Then he takes someone else's ideas, say, "I agree with him" but then adds, "but it could be scum trying to get an early target to make their game a whole lot easier." WIFOM anyone? Fence sitting much?

In post 70 VH says he'll reread (again?) and decide whether he'll vote Orig.

Post 78 he votes Orig and tries to buddy up to me.

87 is utterly devoid of content.

107 (anyone else notices that these last 4 posts have a 7 in them?) comes and goes, no content.

113, rereads....again. For a 7 page game this is a bit excessive. Why do I get the feeling he's not actually reading the thread but just going along with the majority?

116 is just wrong, wrong, scummy, bad, just ick. Buddies up to me and Clock while pointing fingers a lurkers and then accusing ChronX of being Too Townie.

142 follows with no content.

159, wtf type of LoS is that?! You can't be suspicious of 3 people for the EXACT same reasons! My gosh man.

I can't believe he's lasted so long. He hasn't participated in any of the major discussions. Hasn't added any new information. Hasn't done anything helpful at all and has been practically lurking. I can't see VH as anything other than obv scum or really really really really really really really bad town.
Unvote, Vote VH
Show
House Rules:

You have until Dawn.
clockwork
clockwork
Goon
clockwork
Goon
Goon

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:06 am

Post by clockwork »

ChannelDelibird wrote:I don't see the connection between the two sentences here. Where in Peers' post is he "noticing a bandwagon is forming - and staying out of it"? And what does it have to do with his "where do we put our efforts" line?
Sentence 1 references posts #93 and #28. Sentence 2 is a response to White's thoughts on #28 (seen in #118). I should've bridged them better.
ChannelDelibird wrote:clockwork, could you remind me where you explain your reasoning behind why you believe a Bus Driver is more likely?
In post #109 I say I think it's more likely because it posits the existence of only one additional special role (i.e. non-vanilla-town, non-vanilla-mafia), and not two (which others seem to find more likely).

I don't really see why my guess matters though. If I were mafia, wouldn't I have the same information about the N1 events as the town?
White
White
Goon
White
Goon
Goon

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:19 am

Post by White »

What're your thoughts on VH and CC?
Show
House Rules:

You have until Dawn.
clockwork
clockwork
Goon
clockwork
Goon
Goon

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Mon Oct 08, 2007 1:53 pm

Post by clockwork »

On Cynic Clinic:

I think his play has been very coherent so far. The only (very minor) scum-vibes I've gotten from him are (a) his paranoia in post #81, where he distorted an insult/vote from ChronX (#34) into a (possibly) majority opinion against him and (b) that he put originality to L-1 (though that's still less suspicious than actually hammering, IMO). But these are small incidents; not enough to elicit an "IGMEOY" from me. I like him for now.

On VampanezeHunter:

I like that he jumped off the bandwagon ASAP when one appeared to be forming around Cynic Clinic. Being the first to vote, he could've left it there without looking fishy. And he gave originality ample warning before voting for him. Courteous and reasonable, gets some brownie points in my book.

His LoS in post #116 was flimsy, but I think he was just saying that he hadn't gotten any real scum-vibes and that these were just some possible leads. His most recent LoS (#159) was more sloppy, but I'm inclined to chalk that up to being short on time and a bit IC-challenged (no offense). I'd like to see him write something substantial that would let me get a handle on his style, grasp of the game, etc. Like, a detailed PBPA or something.

I'd still put him in the town pile, but I'm less confident in him than I am in Cynic Clinic.

HTH
VampanezeHunter
VampanezeHunter
Goon
VampanezeHunter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:57 am

Post by VampanezeHunter »

Ok I am really struggling to talk but I will read trough and get back ASAP! I have football(soccer if america) training, swimming and school!
"...Unvote you Moran..."- SomeStrangeFlea
"...Lag is so much worse in real life than in computer games, if you don't believe me then look at Jesus--it took him three *days* to respawn after he died..."- Khelvaster.
White
White
Goon
White
Goon
Goon

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Tue Oct 09, 2007 6:49 am

Post by White »

Read through...again. Don't you have the thread memorized by now?
Show
House Rules:

You have until Dawn.
Peers
Peers
Goon
Peers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Tue Oct 09, 2007 7:12 am

Post by Peers »

If you read any of the game's he's involved in, he's really, really, really busy. Really.

Vamp, dude, you need to cut back on the games if you can't handle that many at once.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”