The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #900 (ISO) » Tue Oct 09, 2007 12:09 am

Post by vollkan »

Mod Edit
Official Vote Count #36

Kakeng[3](theopor_COD, White, Mastermind of Sin)
Trojan Horse[2](tyhess, pwayne66)
Flameaxe[2](vollkan, Kakeng)
Tarhalindur[2](curiouskarmadog, Oman)
White[1](Flameaxe)

Not Voting[2](Trojan Horse, Tarhalindur)

Kakeng wrote: It could be a WIFOM.

He could be a mafia pretending to be a townie.(safest claim, I think)

Same for the cult.

He could also be a power role pretending to be a townie so the cult will waste a recruit, as claiming power role D1 is bad. Oh, and he could also be a townie.

Just my thoughts.
Vanilla is not the safest claim in a game with cult, because it basically flags that by the next day you are very likely going to be of cult alignment. For mafia, that sort of thing would be idiotic. This is not a WIFOM because if a mafia claims vanilla they are basically avoiding claiming that they are scum by claiming that they are going to become scum.

The power role thing is possible, but in this case Tar has voted himself and looks intent on killing himself off. That doesn't strike me as power role behaviour.
Kakeng wrote: P.S I claim vanilla townie. :)
Rather than making such useless jokes (I assume and hope you are joking, judging by the emote) why don't you post something substantial.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #901 (ISO) » Tue Oct 09, 2007 12:28 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

I am keeping my vote on Tar. The "I cant get into the game", the self vote, the asking for a deadline (but not adding anything of value) to look town, the vanilla claim (Tar you do know you are playing a cult game, right?)...yet he is still here "trying to get things started"...Tar, if you really dont want to be here, get a replacement.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #902 (ISO) » Tue Oct 09, 2007 12:29 am

Flameaxe wrote:Didn't post much, then popped in out of nowhere with a self-vote, got lynched. (Day 1, I might add)
what was his alignment in that game?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #903 (ISO) » Tue Oct 09, 2007 12:31 am

pwayne66 wrote:I hate to go all Dr. BS on everybody, but if Tar lives past today he is going to be a cult member... I'm just saying...
does this mean you want to lynch him (that was Dr. BS's logic)? Why bring this up then?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #904 (ISO) » Tue Oct 09, 2007 12:47 am

actually, meta gaming a little bit, Tar, just pulled something similiar in another game, was lynched, and came up town....In another game that just ended and he was active, made it to end game and he was mafia.
I think maybe he
is
town and he
is
bored. Ugh, I hate those that play that way when they get a boring town role....

unvote Tar

he might be a bad townie, but I think he is still a townie.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #905 (ISO) » Tue Oct 09, 2007 4:59 am

Post by Tarhalindur »

Problem is, I forgot that this is Cult Mafia, and I'm probably not going to be a Townie after tonight (unless we have a recruit preventer or something like that).

Meh.

On the other hand... ckd, you really should have realized that I've pulled this exact same tactic before, and that I was town when I pulled it before, seeing as you're kinda in the game in question. The fact that you didn't catch on immediately suggests to me that you're scum in either Mafia 68 or here.

Ordinaril, this would only be grounds for a FoS, but with deadline approaching I'll upgrade it to a vote.

Unvote, Vote: ckd
User out of ambit.

Error 404: Sanity Not Found
pwayne66
pwayne66
Goon
pwayne66
Goon
Goon

Post Post #906 (ISO) » Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:09 am

Post by pwayne66 »

does this mean you want to lynch him (that was Dr. BS's logic)? Why bring this up then?
I don't know... yes? If it is between lynching a lurker for lurking or lynching somebody that we are likely going to have to lynch anyway.

My turn: Are you in favor of letting Tar become a cult member? Why the objection then?
Trojan Horse
Trojan Horse
Oldest Trick in the Book
Trojan Horse
Oldest Trick in the Book
Oldest Trick in the Book

Post Post #907 (ISO) » Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:10 am

Post by Trojan Horse »

Oh, I believe you may have forgotten that this is Cult Mafia, Tar. I also believe that you may be scum, and pulled the same stunt you pulled in Mafia 68 to make yourself look like town. It's a definite possibility.

FoS Tar
FoS Kakeng

I'll try to settle on one or the other before this day (this RL day) is over. (Man, and I said it would take something major to sway me from MoS and tyhess. This is major, alright.)
pwayne66
pwayne66
Goon
pwayne66
Goon
Goon

Post Post #908 (ISO) » Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:22 am

Post by pwayne66 »

The way I see it, it's kind of like one of those zombie movies, where the guy gets bit by a zombie and everybody knows that he is going to turn and try to kill them, but everybody is all teary eyed about killing him. He's a dad now or a husband, nevermind what he will be in 10 minutes when he goes bat shit crazy and retard strong.

Somebody is bound to say it, so I will address it here: What if the cult, for some strange reason, doesn't target him. Fine. Say we don't lynch him and the cult doesn't target him: day two, are you ready to believe this guy isn't cult or are you going to want to lynch him then. Maybe he sticks around until the endgame before we know one way or another. Are you going to listen to his recommendations and trust him until them? I'm not. What good is he then? Kill him. He did the ONE thing that we asked everybody not to do, so we could avoid this very situation. Best case scenerio- we nail scum that tried to lie himself into day 2. Worse case? We lynch a townie that we will probably have to kill anyway.

unvote. Vote:Tar
White
White
Goon
White
Goon
Goon

Post Post #909 (ISO) » Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:34 am

Post by White »

Ugh. Tar....

Ok, Tar and Kakeng both have to die. If we've got a vig you better kill the other one of these. I'm ok with a Tar or Kakeng lynch today. Currently the bigger wagon is on Kakeng (I think?) so that's where my vote will be.
Show
House Rules:

1. God came to my house and I killed him.

2. I will kill anyone who comes to my house like I killed God.

3. Give me one dead body and I might let rule #2 slide.

You have until Dawn.
Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #910 (ISO) » Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:52 am

Post by Tarhalindur »

Unvote, Vote: Tar

Seriously, it's better than lynching Kakeng. He might be Cult-immune, I'm not.
User out of ambit.

Error 404: Sanity Not Found
pwayne66
pwayne66
Goon
pwayne66
Goon
Goon

Post Post #911 (ISO) » Tue Oct 09, 2007 6:26 am

Post by pwayne66 »

The way I see it. There are 3 votes for Kakeng (theo,white,MoS) and 3 votes for Tar (oman,me,tar).

@CKD- You seemed perturbed that I brought up the fact that Tar was cult bait. Why are you less annoyed by these comments from Vollkan (one of which that occurred before my irksome post and both of which occurred prior to your post):
Mini 500 - Cult Mafia. Why the hell did you claim vanilla?!? *headdesks*
...we now have a sitting duck for the cult.
and
Vanilla is not the safest claim in a game with cult, because it basically flags that by the next day you are very likely going to be of cult alignment.
White
White
Goon
White
Goon
Goon

Post Post #912 (ISO) » Tue Oct 09, 2007 6:48 am

Post by White »

Alrighty, if you don't want to play the game, get replaced. Otherwise i'm pushing for your lynch. You're cult fodder and are ruining it for your replacement. You should be ashamed of yourself.

Unvote, Vote Tarhalindur
Show
House Rules:

You have until Dawn.
Trojan Horse
Trojan Horse
Oldest Trick in the Book
Trojan Horse
Oldest Trick in the Book
Oldest Trick in the Book

Post Post #913 (ISO) » Tue Oct 09, 2007 7:05 am

Post by Trojan Horse »

Yeah, I think we have no choice but to lynch Tar now. But since he is now at 4 votes, I'll wait a bit for any competing opinions before I put Tar at -2.
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #914 (ISO) » Tue Oct 09, 2007 8:09 am

Post by theopor_COD »

I'd still prefer we lynched Kakeng.
pwayne66
pwayne66
Goon
pwayne66
Goon
Goon

Post Post #915 (ISO) » Tue Oct 09, 2007 8:23 am

Post by pwayne66 »

@theo- care to try to convince us?
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #916 (ISO) » Tue Oct 09, 2007 8:26 am

Post by theopor_COD »

I think it's more likely he's scum. Simple.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #917 (ISO) » Tue Oct 09, 2007 8:37 am

Tarhalindur wrote:Problem is, I forgot that this is Cult Mafia, and I'm probably not going to be a Townie after tonight (unless we have a recruit preventer or something like that).

Meh.

On the other hand... ckd, you really should have realized that I've pulled this exact same tactic before, and that I was town when I pulled it before, seeing as you're kinda in the game in question. The fact that you didn't catch on immediately suggests to me that you're scum in either Mafia 68 or here.

Ordinaril, this would only be grounds for a FoS, but with deadline approaching I'll upgrade it to a vote.

Unvote, Vote: ckd
umm, but in the game in question your ALIGNMENT was just discovered (deadline lynched), as soon as I found out that, I unvoted....

and actually the game you were active that I THOUGHT you were mafia was Open 28 (ended), but you were actually town (I read it wrong), so you could still be suspect here.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
pwayne66
pwayne66
Goon
pwayne66
Goon
Goon

Post Post #918 (ISO) » Tue Oct 09, 2007 8:42 am

Post by pwayne66 »

@theo- Do you think that Kakeng is more likely scum b/c AC never answered your question?
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #919 (ISO) » Tue Oct 09, 2007 8:43 am

pwayne66 wrote:
I don't know... yes? If it is between lynching a lurker for lurking or lynching somebody that we are likely going to have to lynch anyway.

My turn: Are you in favor of letting Tar become a cult member? Why the objection then?
So are you saying that you want to lynch everyone who might claim vanilla town?..if that is so, two people have done it..why should we believe one over the other?...I am new to a cult game and cant get my mind around hanging a townie, just because of what scum might do...maybe by putting this spotlight on Tar, the cult leader will choose someone else...I can spend all day guessing what scum might do, but what good does it really do?

This just seems like you (and Dr. BS at the time) what a reason to hang townies...and it still bothers me.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #920 (ISO) » Tue Oct 09, 2007 8:46 am

Post by theopor_COD »

That's one big strike down for him yes. Secondly Kakeng's been completely useless since he replaced in. AC's lurking and dissapearance doesn't help much either.

Blackstrike although slighlty foolish didn't strike me as anywhere near scummy, I may be wrong but hey that's opinions for you. Tar meh hasn't put much effort in but I'd feel safer calling him town than Kakeng - seperately I don't know how much relevance I'd take of vanilla claims at this point.
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #921 (ISO) » Tue Oct 09, 2007 8:47 am

Post by theopor_COD »

To end I'd rather we lynch the person we think will be more likely to be scum. For me that's Kakeng has been since about Page 8. Heck I'd rather lynch Trojan than Tar.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #922 (ISO) » Tue Oct 09, 2007 8:51 am

pwayne66 wrote:The way I see it. There are 3 votes for Kakeng (theo,white,MoS) and 3 votes for Tar (oman,me,tar).

@CKD- You seemed perturbed that I brought up the fact that Tar was cult bait. Why are you less annoyed by these comments from Vollkan (one of which that occurred before my irksome post and both of which occurred prior to your post):
Mini 500 - Cult Mafia. Why the hell did you claim vanilla?!? *headdesks*
...we now have a sitting duck for the cult.
and
Vanilla is not the safest claim in a game with cult, because it basically flags that by the next day you are very likely going to be of cult alignment.
There is a difference between hypothesizing (which is what volkan is doing) and acting with pressure and votes (which is what you are doing). Right now (unless I am missing a post) you are the only one (well, I guess White too) stating that you want to lynch vanilla town Day 1. Why the hell are we not trying to lynch scum? We don’t have to worry about the cult leader if we can lynch him today, right? So tomorrow if the cult leader is still around are we going to lynch another townie? When does it stop? Don’t mafia still get night kills? Shouldn’t we be worried about that? I guess I am talking more theory right now, but I am not for lynching town, I would rather lynch some type of scum today.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
pwayne66
pwayne66
Goon
pwayne66
Goon
Goon

Post Post #923 (ISO) » Tue Oct 09, 2007 8:55 am

Post by pwayne66 »

You still didn't answer mine! No fair asking for more answers.

I'll play along though.

So are you saying that you want to lynch everyone who might claim vanilla town?
yes. This is why we devoted the first several pages of this game to this scenario, so nobody will claim vanilla townie.
why should we believe one over the other?
One said it with a smiley...and it wasn't TH, so we have to assume that it was a joke (or a least the cult has to be wondering if they want to burn a recruit attempt).

The other said it and then reiterated it. I'm pretty sure Tar is a vanilla townie or scum.
maybe by putting this spotlight on Tar, the cult leader will choose someone else.
why would a cult lead choose someone else? You mean that a cult leader would risk not getting a convert b/c he is afraid that we will know he converted Tar if he does? It's not like it matters if we know if we aren't going to do anything about it.
This just seems like you (and Dr. BS at the time) what a reason to hang townies...and it still bothers me.
Then don't effing claim townie and you won't be a victim of my insatiable townie blood lust.

My turn again: It just seems to me like you would like all the vanilla townies to fill out a cute little register for easy access...and THAT bothers ME.
White
White
Goon
White
Goon
Goon

Post Post #924 (ISO) » Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:00 am

Post by White »

Actually CKD does have a point. What if we end up getting the cult recruiter (albeit unlikely) in Kakeng? Why should we pass up the leader for the likely to be recruited?

Either way, I don't mind which get's lynched today, would prefer kakeng, both need to die.

Unvote, Vote: Kakeng
Show
House Rules:

You have until Dawn.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”