Tiresias
Tiresias
Goon
Tiresias
Goon
Goon

Post Post #625 (ISO) » Mon Apr 04, 2016 5:17 am

Post by Tiresias »

In post 622, Antihero wrote:i really don't see this coming from someone who already knows davsto's alignment. it just seems so... genuine. i don't know am i a sucker?

This seems like a really odd post to townread.
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #626 (ISO) » Mon Apr 04, 2016 7:00 am

Post by camn »

So, the meditation didn't work.
My clean hair isn't helping.
I am still as mad as ever.

Now i see that you guys haven't made much progress in figuring out who is guilty, have you?
Well...I am going to go down to my pottery studio for a while and try to work out my anger.
I hope you can figure out the mystery pretty soon.... Or there just might be widespread, uncontrollable carnage.
I have trapdoors installed.
And hidden crossbows.

Don't test me.
Focus my rage.
"if you weren't trying to be so unnecessarily mysterious all the time we wouldn't have these misunderstandings" - Yosarian2
Aiden Stark
Aiden Stark
Goon
Aiden Stark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #627 (ISO) » Mon Apr 04, 2016 7:56 am

Post by Aiden Stark »

In post 614, Tiresias wrote:In post 300, Aiden Stark wrote:And @TiresiasTell Nacho to come out and talk to me.Is there a reason you've been sitting back and waiting so much? The only thing I remember you doing this entire game is antagonizing Antihero pretty early on, but nothing other than that.

There are reasons yeah, but they don't pertain to this game.

Other than that, this is my first time playing in a hydra, and it still feels a little awkward for me.

- Xk
Hydra of Firebringer and Xkfyu
Aiden Stark
Aiden Stark
Goon
Aiden Stark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #628 (ISO) » Mon Apr 04, 2016 7:57 am

Post by Aiden Stark »

In post 622, Antihero wrote:i really don't see this coming from someone who already knows davsto's alignment. it just seems so... genuine. i don't know am i a sucker?

That doesn't come off as genuine to me as you are claiming. I don't necessarily think that it wasn't genuine, but I think it could have easily been faked.

- Xk
Hydra of Firebringer and Xkfyu
You Got Schooled
You Got Schooled
Goon
You Got Schooled
Goon
Goon

Post Post #629 (ISO) » Mon Apr 04, 2016 8:04 am

Post by You Got Schooled »

I'll be here in a couple of hours.
Tiresias
Tiresias
Goon
Tiresias
Goon
Goon

Post Post #630 (ISO) » Mon Apr 04, 2016 8:36 am

Post by Tiresias »

In post 369, You Got Schooled wrote:Caught up.

I'll lynch any of Davsto, Fate, Performer, Marquis and Kahlan.

This was an immensely underwhelming catchup.

I'd also feel better about these reads if you went more in depth on them; as it stands, it looks like you compiled a lynch list of everyone that you think would be reasonably lynchable. I also don't really understand why Fate is on this list.

In post 382, ProHawk wrote:I've been burned getting tunnel visioned on people who self vote. I believe that there is huge scum-motivation to self voting and little town-motivation, but the last time I pushed that angle that particular person turned out to be town. I suppose it could come from either town or scum, or rather its probably more based on personality than alignment....

What is significant about an RVS self-vote?

In post 403, Performer wrote:So Fate misrepped me, claimed he knew Davsto, then Davsto counters Fate's post by claiming they never even played together.

None of these things happened, by the way.

In post 416, Performer wrote:My read on Kah is better now. Will take some time to look into Pro's game later.

In both of these games, Kah's engagement was better in the beginning than it was in this one. Why did this piece of information improve your read on her?

In post 439, You Got Schooled wrote:Well, we can't just put that to the side can we? That's a pretty big 'What the fuck just happened' moment that needs looking at.

Fate posted a case on Davesto that was objectively wrong. Fate backed off as a result. You're saying that he should have... done what, exactly? Or did you not understand the case posted and was just agreeing with it because it sounded good? I also hate that your entire scumread on Fate is for him "backing off too early"; do you think he would back off too early if he was scum and Davesto was town? Why? Why did you wait to question Fate on this piece until Fate pointed out how little sense your scumreads made?
Tiresias
Tiresias
Goon
Tiresias
Goon
Goon

Post Post #631 (ISO) » Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:01 am

Post by Tiresias »

In post 454, Antihero wrote:kahlan got off to a rocky start w/ the whole "lynch me if it helps town" (wtf?), but i thought her Post 421 and Post 488 were really town. 421: she didn't try to force the pisskop read or make up shit or dress it up. 488 is pretty town in that she saw a read she disagreed w/ but didn't whiteknight and couched her question as a doublecheck. she's not totally transparent, but i think it's from not-really-confident newbtown. (going to try to not overthink or get paranoid about this read either.)

The only thing town about Kahlan that I've seen so far is her "lynch me if it helps town" bit; newbie scum are rarely creative enough to pretend to be martyrs while newbtown often think that they are playing horribly and maybe it would help the other townies find the real town if the other townies lynched them first. I don't understand how "not forcing the pisskop read" is a plus; the easiest answer to any question as scum is "I don't know". #448 (that is what you're talking about, right?) is again a whole lot of nothing: she says that she doesn't know why Davesto could be scum but here's one thing that could be scummy but is she missing something more?

In post 454, Antihero wrote:it was kagami's early ygs read in Post 128 (which i was kinda questioning at the time). it felt like kagami was a little heavy handed on a not-really-great ygs townread and my first instinct there was "kagami's scum and she's overplaying her omniscience hand." i didn't press it at the time though b/c i wanted to give nacho and kagami room w/o getting on their asses and see what they came up with.

The reasoning for Kagami's early YGS read is easy enough to follow; she thought they were town because they were the only people making a reasonable push.

In post 454, Antihero wrote:it was kagami's early ygs read in Post 128 (which i was kinda questioning at the time). it felt like kagami was a little heavy handed on a not-really-great ygs townread and my first instinct there was "kagami's scum and she's overplaying her omniscience hand." i didn't press it at the time though b/c i wanted to give nacho and kagami room w/o getting on their asses and see what they came up with.

The reasoning here is that Kagami offered specific intent speculation on why BBT voted Davesto (because he found Davesto's confirm scummy). His later catchup makes it seem like that wasn't the case, and yet he never felt the need to correct Kagami's incorrect interpretation, which has more scum motivation than town motivation.

For example, if I went "hey I think Antihero is town because he picked up on Firebringer's scummy early game" while you were just dicking around, there's more motivation to correct it as town than scum; as town, you want your moves to be transparent and understood, while as scum, you don't mind letting that misunderstanding stand because the misunderstanding is the basis for a townread on you. Does that make sense?
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #632 (ISO) » Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:03 am

Post by pisskop »

I skimmed kahlan's earlier games. Shes quite the talker relative to here.
beeboy - Everyone thought this game was made to troll pie but it was really made to troll pisskop.
Almost50 pisskop: Overall, that's a townie slot. Don't ask for specifics because with PK everything can be interpreted either way. It's probably WHEN he says/does things that matter, so it's more of a matter of conception rather than solid reasoning.
Tiresias
Tiresias
Goon
Tiresias
Goon
Goon

Post Post #633 (ISO) » Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:06 am

Post by Tiresias »

In post 632, pisskop wrote:I skimmed kahlan's earlier games. Shes quite the talker relative to here.

Is there a way I could talk you out of that Aiden Stark vote? There are much better places to go for today.
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #634 (ISO) » Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:07 am

Post by pisskop »

Im kind of out of it already. Fire has asked me nicely to bugger off.
beeboy - Everyone thought this game was made to troll pie but it was really made to troll pisskop.
Almost50 pisskop: Overall, that's a townie slot. Don't ask for specifics because with PK everything can be interpreted either way. It's probably WHEN he says/does things that matter, so it's more of a matter of conception rather than solid reasoning.
Tiresias
Tiresias
Goon
Tiresias
Goon
Goon

Post Post #635 (ISO) » Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:11 am

Post by Tiresias »

What do you think about YGS?
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #636 (ISO) » Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:19 am

Post by pisskop »

Been a scumread, but Im happy floating around.

My real issue is I havent played with bbt or bella for so long Im not confident in my read of their behavior.
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #637 (ISO) » Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:20 am

Post by pisskop »

VOTE: ygs
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #638 (ISO) » Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:20 am

Post by pisskop »

The day is getting stale though.
Tiresias
Tiresias
Goon
Tiresias
Goon
Goon

Post Post #639 (ISO) » Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:22 am

Post by Tiresias »

In post 458, You Got Schooled wrote:Oh and still no wagons forming.

Scum paradise this is. But y'all just chugga along, doing what ya gotta do, and when you wanna actually start progressing the game.

Come find me.

My favorite part about this post is how you're complaining about an atmosphere that is largely benefiting scum while doing absolutely nothing to fix it.

In post 461, You Got Schooled wrote:I mean, sure, you can attack that ONE post for not creating wagons or not progressing the game but that doesn't mean all of my other posts are lacking in this area so...I don't know what you're trying to do there. Well, I do, but I need other people to see it too.

You've been present. You've announced that you've had scumreads on people. I don't think you've done a whole not in the "pushing your scumreads and starting wagons" department, though.

For example, you've expressed a scumread on Fate. The only reasoning that you've given as to why we should Fate was reasoning that you gave in response to him pushing you for weird scumreads. You haven't followed up on that or attempted to even a little bit.

You've expressed a scumread on Davesto. The meat of your push is that "self-voting is bad". You haven't expanded beyond that.

Another thing that I'm picking up on: why did you think that Fate's jump onto Davesto was bad when his reasoning for voting Davesto was good (according to you)?

In post 473, Performer wrote:Anyway like I said, I'lll be following up . In the meantime I'd like for you guys to focus a wagon elsewhere instead of me. Though I appreciate a wagon to L-1 for claim, I've been ridiculously busy so I'm not the best person to focus. Plus I'm town - if I'm scum, I'm easy to catch on any day phase as Anti, Fire, Dav, and pk know.

This looks somehow vaguely town; I'm somehow envisioning Performer!scum as not being the type who is savvy enough or brave enough to straight up ask the town to stop wagonning him. The "Kahlan is a mother and they have trouble lying!" is also terrible enough reasoning where I have no idea where to think of it; even if he's scum, he probably believes that there isn't anything horribly wrong with that reasoning, so, no clue what to do with that.

In post 483, You Got Schooled wrote:Anti, I think 'it tells me nothing' is the point: fate made a crappy unexplained vote, then backed it up with a fairly decent set of points about the self votes, then moves off dav because he's 'reasonable'.

No, he moved off Davesto because his case was wrong.
If he backed it up with decent reasoning after naked voting, do you think it's possible that he had that reasoning in his mind the whole time? Or do you believe that when a vote is made, all reasoning must be made at the same time?
Tiresias
Tiresias
Goon
Tiresias
Goon
Goon

Post Post #640 (ISO) » Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:23 am

Post by Tiresias »

In post 636, pisskop wrote:Been a scumread, but Im happy floating around.

My real issue is I havent played with bbt or bella for so long Im not confident in my read of their behavior.

I haven't played with either for a while either, but I know they're both better players than the crap they're floating out.
You Got Schooled
You Got Schooled
Goon
You Got Schooled
Goon
Goon

Post Post #641 (ISO) » Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:30 am

I guess that's L-2 now.

I'm gonna go get Bella to town the fuck out of this slot because clearly people can't read me and I'm gonna get annoyed.
Tiresias
Tiresias
Goon
Tiresias
Goon
Goon

Post Post #642 (ISO) » Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:33 am

Post by Tiresias »

In post 641, You Got Schooled wrote:I guess that's L-2 now.

I'm gonna go get Bella to town the fuck out of this slot because clearly people can't read me and I'm gonna get annoyed.

Or you could, you know, respond to points against you.
You Got Schooled
You Got Schooled
Goon
You Got Schooled
Goon
Goon

Post Post #643 (ISO) » Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:33 am

How about I respond to nothing and shoot you in the fucking face?
Tiresias
Tiresias
Goon
Tiresias
Goon
Goon

Post Post #644 (ISO) » Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:35 am

Post by Tiresias »

Vig claim?
You Got Schooled
You Got Schooled
Goon
You Got Schooled
Goon
Goon

Post Post #645 (ISO) » Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:36 am

Meh, Bella didn't want me to but whatever, I've done it now. Getting sick of this shit anyway.

We claim Vig
. I'm 100% shooting Fate or Tire as well so people should choose.
Tiresias
Tiresias
Goon
Tiresias
Goon
Goon

Post Post #646 (ISO) » Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:37 am

Post by Tiresias »

Or was catching you really that easy?
You Got Schooled
You Got Schooled
Goon