chilledtea
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1101 (ISO) » Fri Apr 01, 2016 9:17 am

Post by chilledtea »

I didn't see anything about vengeful being not normal on wiki?
chilledtea
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1102 (ISO) » Fri Apr 01, 2016 9:18 am

Post by chilledtea »

I actually don't mind sakura's lynch and I think she doesn't mind either - she is voting herself.
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #1103 (ISO) » Fri Apr 01, 2016 9:20 am

Post by mhsmith0 »

http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?tit ... ful_(role)

"In Non-Normal games, Vengeful may be used as a role modifier." Also, skimming other roles, "Normal" roles have explicit statements as such (cop, vig, etc. - all have "Normal Guidelines" subsection)
chilledtea
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1104 (ISO) » Fri Apr 01, 2016 9:22 am

Post by chilledtea »

I took it as in non-normal games there could be vengeful cop, doc etc but in normal only a vengeful townie is allowed.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1105 (ISO) » Fri Apr 01, 2016 9:23 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 1084, Sakura Hana wrote:
In post 1080, chilledtea wrote:Hey Sakura, does your vengeful ability get activated if you are nightkilled?

Not really.
It's only if i am lynched.

WHY did you answer THAT? :facepalm:

The mafia will most likely avoid lynching you and try to NK you to avoid your wrath. That's UNLESS we're both wrong and boons is -somehow- town.

I'm not buying this town!boon though, so I'm going to cast my vote on him regardless at the end of my read up (which should be 5-10 minutes from now).

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #1106 (ISO) » Fri Apr 01, 2016 9:24 am

Post by mhsmith0 »

go to http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?tit ... _Main_Page

"normal" roles have sectiosn explicitly describing them as such. Unless I'm badly misreading the page, Dier/Exp are correct here.
Dierfire
Dierfire
Mafia Scum
Dierfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1107 (ISO) » Fri Apr 01, 2016 9:24 am

Post by Dierfire »

Ugh, reading the Wiki is a pain right now.

It is true that roles do not have to be explicitly Normal (white list) to be included in Normal games. A Mini Normal game may include one role that is not from the white list ("not from the white list" and "from the black list" are not the same thing).
chilledtea
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1108 (ISO) » Fri Apr 01, 2016 9:27 am

Post by chilledtea »

I am ok with sakura lynch then. If she is saying the truth then she can take out boons for us.
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #1109 (ISO) » Fri Apr 01, 2016 9:28 am

Post by mhsmith0 »

OK I need this question to be resolved before I can vote. Is it possible for Sakura to be vengeful in this game? Or is it not possible?
UNVOTE: Sakura Hana
Dierfire
Dierfire
Mafia Scum
Dierfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1110 (ISO) » Fri Apr 01, 2016 9:29 am

Post by Dierfire »

It is possible for there to be (no more than) one role in this game that is not listed as "explicitly Normal" (Vengeful would be one of those).
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1111 (ISO) » Fri Apr 01, 2016 9:34 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 1103, mhsmith0 wrote:"In Non-Normal games, Vengeful may be used as a role modifier.

This is indeed the wordings on the wiki, and it simply means Vengeful could be ADDED as a modifier to another role (vengeful Cop, vengeful Doctor, vengeful Tracker.. etc.)

HOWEVER, in normal games vengeful IS A ROLE. Vengeful Townie is totally and utterly normal.

Dierfire
Dierfire
Mafia Scum
Dierfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1112 (ISO) » Fri Apr 01, 2016 9:35 am

Post by Dierfire »

@Almost50

In post 1105, Almost50 wrote:I'm not buying this town!boon though, so I'm going to cast my vote on him regardless at the end of my read up (which should be 5-10 minutes from now).

I'm fairly certain that this is an error. If Sakura is Mafia, then she needs to be lynched anyway. If she is Town, then presumably she is being truthful with her claim, and lynching her takes Boon with her. We've an even number of players, so the extra lynch is a good thing.
The only reason not to vote Sakura is believing that both Sakura and Boon are Town.

EDIT: Do you have a source for the use of Vengeful as an explicitly Normal role?
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1113 (ISO) » Fri Apr 01, 2016 9:43 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 1112, Dierfire wrote:Do you have a source for the use of Vengeful as an explicitly Normal role?

How about we ask the mod?

@Mod: Is "Vengeful TOWNIE" normal or not? Thank you.

As for the 1 for 1 trade, it is fine I guess.. except the scum would probably shoot her anyway, so that is even better for us. That and the fact she is very much willing to eat the rope to take Boons with her confirms her town alignment to me. Scum will NOT trade 1 on 1 even if it was for the claimed JK.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1114 (ISO) » Fri Apr 01, 2016 9:44 am

Post by Almost50 »

Oh, shoot. I forgot to cast my vote:

VOTE: Boons

Dierfire
Dierfire
Mafia Scum
Dierfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1115 (ISO) » Fri Apr 01, 2016 9:50 am

Post by Dierfire »

I might not be explaining this well, but I do actually understand how the Normal games work with regard to roles. I'll try to break it down.

White List:
These roles are listed as "Explicitly Normal" in the Wiki (Normal Game, Normal Roles and Modifiers). A Normal Game may include any number of roles from this list (provided that it meets the other criteria).

Black List:
These roles are listed as "Explicitly Non-Normal" in the Wiki. A Normal Game may not include any of these roles or modifiers.

Everything else is "grey list" and may be included within limits. This game is a Mini Normal and so may have no more than one role from the "grey list" (Vengeful Townie would be on the "grey list").

Is that clear?
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1116 (ISO) » Fri Apr 01, 2016 9:50 am

Post by Almost50 »

And if you're wondering why I'm being a bit stubborn, it's bc I've just lost a game -as town- bc the town wouldn't listen to me on D1 and kept KainTepes alive until D3. I had told them on D1 what the setup was, and I pointed out KT as the prime suspect, and then I kept pushing him on D2, but they yielded to the scum manipulation and by the time they realized what was going on it was too late. you don't play out a 9-2-2 setup by lynching 2 town and losing 3 to NKs to get yourself into a 4-2-2 and expect to win. In fact, they didn't even lynch him on D3 either, but they lynched his partner, and the other scum team took care of him by night, while he himself killed town, thus sending us to a LyLo in D4.

Dierfire
Dierfire
Mafia Scum
Dierfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1117 (ISO) » Fri Apr 01, 2016 10:09 am

Post by Dierfire »

Anyway Boonskiies is partially a reverse of Sakura for me; I've no good read on his play, and it's the claim that would make me read him as Town.

Some of his anger in response to others voting for him felt theatrical, but I can't ascribe any of that to Mafia specifically. He seemed to be playing up his inability to follow the game closely, and specifically doing so in a way that seemed overly defensive, but that could be stress as well.

I'm going ahead with my case on chilledtea.
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #1118 (ISO) » Fri Apr 01, 2016 10:33 am

Post by Boonskiies »

Vengeful would be the 1 possible role added.
"Let it be known that almost everything Boonskiies said is either hilarious or annoying." - Shinobi

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
. That's my main; I just mod on
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #1119 (ISO) » Fri Apr 01, 2016 10:35 am

Post by Boonskiies »

I don't get why people are saying it would be just fine. I'll post maybe tonight.
"Let it be known that almost everything Boonskiies said is either hilarious or annoying." - Shinobi

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
. That's my main; I just mod on
Boonskiies
Expedience
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1120 (ISO) » Fri Apr 01, 2016 10:55 am

Post by Expedience »

I doubt it was the role added though. Too coincidental.
Dierfire
Dierfire
Mafia Scum
Dierfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1121 (ISO) » Fri Apr 01, 2016 11:06 am

Post by Dierfire »

All right, here is my case on chilledtea.

Spoiler: Walls
In post 44, chilledtea wrote:Defensiveness over minor things is a scum tell imo.

So, chilledtea comes in and states an opinion that defensiveness over minor things indicates Mafia alignment, but then fails to apply this in a meaningful way to the ongoing discussion (whether Knightmare was being overly defensive and whether this indicated that he was Mafia). On eight assume that he was saying that Knightmare was Mafia (because he had a vote down there), but he immediately moved his vote to Sayaka Maizono (without any intervening posts from Knightmare or Sayaka, and with intervening posts from Boonskiies agreeing with the idea that defensiveness is a Mafia trait).

In post 54, chilledtea wrote:
In post 52, Sayaka Maizono wrote:
In post 47, chilledtea wrote:VOTE: Sayaka Maizono

Y

Bcoz ynot.

Anyway, I think knight is town, you are town, and that Sakura is town. This was indeed useful.

When asked to explain the vote, he immediately backs off (but does not remove his vote or seem overly concerned with finding a better target). Furthermore, he is now reading Knightmare as Town!

In post 66, chilledtea wrote:I am finding you town because of your interaction with knightmare. It town vs town imo.

He then interprets the entire interaction as Town/Town, without giving reasons for it. To me, this looks to be an attempt to opt out of analysis and look busy.

In post 170, chilledtea wrote:I think Lowell is scum. His overconfidence is without reason.

Similarly, this thought doesn't quite make it to the realm of "indicative of alignment" in a way that I can understand. Seemingly it wasn't a strong read, because it changes shortly afterward.

In post 336, chilledtea wrote:
In post 334, mhsmith0 wrote:
In post 332, chilledtea wrote:VOTE: mhsmith

Smith is scum. Lowell might be town.

Smith is scum because ____?

Lowell might be town because ____?

I'm especially curious about the second. You were scum reading Lowell consistently in your posts, but now that the wagon looked like it was nearing L-1 and turning really serious you wanted out and are now town reading Lowell. You give no reason for this, just a flat stated town read (cushioned by a "might" modifier). This just SCREAMS tactical voting. Justify your vote and your reads. Yes, I know. Actual effort and transparency. It's a drag but unfortunately it's what the town needs to see in order to actually evaluate you.

Your post. That is the reason.

The nonsensical reasons you have given make me feel that you don't understand the context under which certain actions took place in this game. It almost felt like you are trying to get reasons for your scum read by going through the thread rather than stating your actual feelings.
Lowell could be town because he said the same thing about you.

This is a good point by mhsmith0 and chilledtea makes nothing like a coherent response to it. He backs off again when challenged.

In post 343, chilledtea wrote:
In post 338, mhsmith0 wrote:
In post 336, chilledtea wrote:The nonsensical reasons you have given make me feel that you don't understand the context under which certain actions took place in this game. It almost felt like you are trying to get reasons for your scum read by going through the thread rather than stating your actual feelings.
Lowell could be town because he said the same thing about you.

:lol:

1) "The nonsensical reasons". WHICH "nonsensical reasons"? And why are they nonsense?

2) "You are trying to get reasons for your scum read by going through the thread rather than stating your actual feelings." You mean like looking for evidence and holding people accountable for what they say, and being clear on WHY I am reading people as scum, instead of just hand-waving "oh my gut says town", "my gut says scum". How in that world is THAT scum-indicative?

Seriously, why not just go all out and say "MHS is trying to scum hunt, therefore he must be scum"? Or do you think I'm fake scum hunting? And if the latter, where is the EVIDENCE for me fake scum hunting? Note that "my gut says you're fake scum hunting" is NOT something I consider an acceptable answer.

3) Lowell could be town because he agrees with your position? Seriously, that's it? What about all the stuff you scum read him for before? :roll:

They are nonsense because they fail to take context into consideration. Seems like you saw a nice opportunity to jump on the almost50 wagon and decided to find "scummy" things.

For eg, You think vote whipping someone is a scum tell. It is 100% something a townie would consider doing if he thinks the game requires more content from said person.

When almost voted sayaka, in fact before that I voted Sayaka as well. And that was a naked vote registered to make a point.

As far as Lowell is concerned, he had like little reason to consider Knight super scum like he did. So I was suspicious. It is still possible he is scum. My read on you has changed. Does it surprise you that people can have change of read on the basis of what you say or don't say?

I see nothing in here that should persuade someone who thought that mhsmith0 was Mafia before this.

In post 596, chilledtea wrote:It has been 17 hours since she posted in here. The 12 hour period is over. Here goes nothing.

VOTE: Madonna

The D1 hammer was bad (not enough time for a claim in a day that was not short on time, no substantiated reason to read Madonna as Mafia). I also note attempts to diffuse responsibility to others here.

In post 532, chilledtea wrote:I am OK with both madonna or lowell lynch today. At the moment the vote is on Lowell, but
if you decide
I am ok with Madonna. She is objectively scummy.

In post 595, chilledtea wrote:I intend to hammer in the next hour,
unless people can convince me
otherwise.

Obviously with such a short timer, there was no sincerity in the offer to be convinced by others--this was purely an attempt to avoid responsibility.

On D2, he has a weird interaction with Garmr that I'll pick apart after one of them flips. I do also want to highlight his vote on Lowell, which he disavowed as "basically RVS" (here is his response to Lowell pointing that out).

In post 672, chilledtea wrote:
In post 671, Lowell wrote:Sure, your basically RVS vote. Which is the "I'm not back down you guys see?" version of backing down. So, worse.

This is just bad. What is your theory regarding texcat anyways?

I mean this is just rich coming from you. You have been naked voting texcat yourself. On day 1 you voted knight on a wagon and then turned your attention to texcat with no explanation. Even now, there seems to be no explanation regarding it other than - "I've a theory guys".

None of this is in any way a substantial read or a reasoned vote. Given his activity level, I say that chilledtea is trying to look busy and avoid analysis.

VOTE: chilledtea

I'm still paying attention to Boon and Sakura but my vote is here until I come to a decision.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1122 (ISO) » Fri Apr 01, 2016 11:10 am

Post by Lowell »

I'm buying dier as town.
chilledtea
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1123 (ISO) » Fri Apr 01, 2016 11:16 am

Post by chilledtea »

There is always the danger that someone ISO'd and missed the context, which would be the only case dierfire is town. If he actually read through day 1 and came to that conclusion - that me "quickhammering" madonna makes me scum - then we have just found ourselves our scum no. 2 who is desperate to deflect attention from ongoing wagons.

If Boons flips scum - dierfire is most likely scum. If sakura flips scum then can't say much about dierfire.
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #1124 (ISO) » Fri Apr 01, 2016 11:18 am

Post by mhsmith0 »

@ct: what do you think of Dier's other points?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”