YagamiLight
YagamiLight
Goon
YagamiLight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Sat Oct 06, 2007 7:18 pm

Post by YagamiLight »

I agree with Theo. Blight, Theo at least gives a small reason for his vote, where as the others just jump on without showing any reasons. Seems to me that you should be more suspicious of them.

I disagree, however, with Theo about Ceph's reaction. I see nothing scummy about it, what I see is him believing the reason given is null. I disbelieve that it is null, but I do believe that it is not enough of a tell to lynch anyone for.
"Mistakes are a part of being human. Appreciate your mistakes for what they are: precious life lessons that can only be learned the hard way. Unless it's a fatal mistake, which, at least, others can learn from."
-Al Franken-
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Sat Oct 06, 2007 7:27 pm

Post by Skruffs »

I'm curious.
This "Must wagon or die" thing, that effectively makes that player USEless in an endgame situation, right? Five players - 2 mafia, 3 town (one of which is this robot) - thet two scum vote a townie,t eh robot pretty much has to hammer. Otherwise, even if scum is lynched, if he doesn't hammer (or isn't ont eh wagon) scum win. Hell, scum could bus one of hteir own with a quick lynch, the robot dies, scum wins even after losing one of their own.

Worth considering.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Sat Oct 06, 2007 7:33 pm

Post by Skruffs »

Secondly, Flameaxe is hiding behind his role as to explain why he's conastantly (And only) bandwagoning. Okay, so you ahve to be on the wagon at the end of the day. If there is a no lynch, there you therefore die?

More importantly, you haven't actually said a single thing about any other player in the game (other than yourself) regarding scum hunting. Okay, you have to bandwagon. THat doesn't mean that is lal you are restricted to. Wouldn't you rather hunt scum and lead a wagon onto it? The way you are playing now is basically saying you'll follow any wagon anywhere.
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Sun Oct 07, 2007 7:07 am

Post by petroleumjelly »

Cephrir wrote:Alright, that was a ton of posts to read. Flameaxe is clearly town. MoS-JDodge thing doesn't seem scummy on either side, more like a misunderstanding. I have to agree with CKD that there doesn't seem to be any particular reason why Glork has accumulated 5 votes, although I didn't go look. Nobody sticks out to me as scum at the moment, may have to read some people's posts in isolation later.

Unvote Sarc
Yo.

1.)
This post gives the impression that you have both read the game in detail and
not
read the game in detail. Which is it?

2.)
Why is Flameaxe "clearly town"? Don't use quotes from other people. That's why I voted you, btw.

3.)
Cephrir wrote:What the heck. I swear, every single time I get lynched, it's for no apparent reason/without a case. It's really annoying. I guess all I can say is that some people really need to recalibrate their scumdars.
Did you just finish reading Glork's posts when you wrote this? (i.e. you used "recalibrate your scumdar", just like Glork).

This is probably going to be my longest post in the game. Just sayin'.
"Logic? I call that flapdoodle."
IH
IH
Always Scum
IH
Always Scum
Always Scum

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Sun Oct 07, 2007 9:57 am

Post by IH »

How is starting a wagon scummy again? How is the person who started the wagon scummy instead of the people jumping on for week reasoning?

Major FoS:Blight
Untrod Tripod (7:27:18 PM): you enjoy whoring
xcaykex (7:27:24 PM): yes
xcaykex (7:27:26 PM): i know that
Blight
Blight
Goon
Blight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Sun Oct 07, 2007 11:36 am

Post by Blight »

YagamiLight wrote:I agree with Theo. Blight, Theo at least gives a small reason for his vote, where as the others just jump on without showing any reasons. Seems to me that you should be more suspicious of them.

I disagree, however, with Theo about Ceph's reaction. I see nothing scummy about it, what I see is him believing the reason given is null. I disbelieve that it is null, but I do believe that it is not enough of a tell to lynch anyone for.
I didn't like the reason Theo voted for Ceph. I thought it was weak. Ceph named a few people he didn't believe were scummy and then said that nobody stuck out as scum to him. I think that's reasonable. At that point, no one was really sticking out as scum to me either. It was a small, mostly irrelevent thing, that Theo jumped on, and I've seen scum do this before (lynch all lurkers, lynch the vote hoppers, etc.). It just seemed opportunistic to go after such a small thing and make it bigger than it was.

That's my reasoning.

I'm looking at those who jumped on the BW too, but my focus is on Theo.
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Sun Oct 07, 2007 12:14 pm

Post by theopor_COD »

Blight wrote:
YagamiLight wrote:I agree with Theo. Blight, Theo at least gives a small reason for his vote, where as the others just jump on without showing any reasons. Seems to me that you should be more suspicious of them.

I didn't like the reason Theo voted for Ceph. I thought it was weak. Ceph named a few people he didn't believe were scummy and then said that nobody stuck out as scum to him. I think that's reasonable. At that point, no one was really sticking out as scum to me either. It was a small, mostly irrelevent thing, that Theo jumped on, and I've seen scum do this before (lynch all lurkers, lynch the vote hoppers, etc.). It just seemed opportunistic to go after such a small thing and make it bigger than it was.

That's my reasoning.

I'm looking at those who jumped on the BW too, but my focus is on Theo.
Each to their own I didn't think it was an overly weak reason. I didn't see much scum hunting in that post from Cephrir it struck me as a post that was non-committal and agreeable, a post scum make to appear active and participating and not lurking. I just didn't like it, fact it turned into a big thing is because 4 people jumped onto my vote afterwards with little reasoning.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Sun Oct 07, 2007 1:19 pm

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

Sarcastro wrote:
Blight wrote:I really don't like how you started this wagon (and how people followed you with weak reasoning). It seemed pretty opportunistic, if you ask me.
I really don't like how you're scum.
QFT

Theopor's post against Cephrir was not weak AT ALL.
Permanent V/LA.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Sun Oct 07, 2007 1:29 pm

Post by Skruffs »

Vote : Flameaxe
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Sun Oct 07, 2007 1:32 pm

Post by JDodge »

Skruffs wrote:
Vote : Flameaxe
OK, have you read PJ's posts at all? Specifically the one where he says that we can test Flameaxe whilst not wasting a lynch?
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Sun Oct 07, 2007 1:35 pm

Post by Glork »

[quote="KaleiÐoscøpe"][quote="Glork"]KScope, a few things:
1) I'm not the OMGUSy type. You ought to know this by now, and if you don't, ask anybody.[/quote]You can learn it.[/quote]Erm... the trick is to learn
not
to be susceptible to OMGUS, which I already have done. (By the way, when I
do
"OMGUS," it's almost always something with a reason behind it, and more a sign that I'm protown, a la Ibby's OMGUSing habits.)

[quote="KScope"][quote]2) I don't understand why you're singling out your
own
name on the list, when that list included first mentions of several players (such as karmadog, RogueBen, and Blight) who are not suspicious of me.[/quote]I quoted what you wrote. The post only mentioned me. I found it worth noticing.[/quote]I named you because you had posted just recently having done exactly the kind of thing I was looking out for. Nevertheless, you were not the only person on my list.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Blight
Blight
Goon
Blight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Sun Oct 07, 2007 2:04 pm

Post by Blight »

Mastermind of Sin wrote:
Sarcastro wrote:
Blight wrote:I really don't like how you started this wagon (and how people followed you with weak reasoning). It seemed pretty opportunistic, if you ask me.
QFT

Really? You voted Sarc based on day 2's opening, you voted JDodge because he said that Sarc couldn't answer any question about the day 2 opening if he doesn't know anything about it, and then you get on the Ceph BW because you "can't miss out on this wagon". Your votes have been all over the place all day. That looks like someone who's unsure or "non-committal". But, you find it scummy that no one really stands out as scum to Ceph? Prior to Ceph's post, who really stood out as scum to you and why?
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Sun Oct 07, 2007 2:05 pm

Post by JDodge »

I find it suspect that Blight does not mention my wagon-hopping
Blight
Blight
Goon
Blight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Sun Oct 07, 2007 2:12 pm

Post by Blight »

Blight wrote: I really don't like how you started this wagon (
and how people followed you with weak reasoning
). It seemed pretty opportunistic, if you ask me.

Vote: theopor_COD
Blight wrote:
I'm looking at those who jumped on the BW too
, but my focus is on Theo.
JDodge, if it makes you feel any better, I mentioned everybody on the BW. I didn't mention your, or anyone else's, name because it was implied. But, if it makes you feel better, yes, I'm also looking at you (JDodge), Sarc, MOS, and K-Scope.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Sun Oct 07, 2007 3:12 pm

Post by Cephrir »

petroleumjelly wrote:
Cephrir wrote:Alright, that was a ton of posts to read. Flameaxe is clearly town. MoS-JDodge thing doesn't seem scummy on either side, more like a misunderstanding. I have to agree with CKD that there doesn't seem to be any particular reason why Glork has accumulated 5 votes, although I didn't go look. Nobody sticks out to me as scum at the moment, may have to read some people's posts in isolation later.

Unvote Sarc
Yo.

1.)
This post gives the impression that you have both read the game in detail and
not
read the game in detail. Which is it?
I did read the game thoroughly, but as far as scumhunting goes I find it helpful to 'view all posts by' each player.
2.)
Why is Flameaxe "clearly town"? Don't use quotes from other people. That's why I voted you, btw.
His claim makes sense flavorwise and I believe it. That's pretty much it.
3.)
Cephrir wrote:What the heck. I swear, every single time I get lynched, it's for no apparent reason/without a case. It's really annoying. I guess all I can say is that some people really need to recalibrate their scumdars.
Did you just finish reading Glork's posts when you wrote this? (i.e. you used "recalibrate your scumdar", just like Glork).
Maybe I picked it up unconsiciously. And it fit the situation really well. But I had not just isolated and read Glork's posts, if that's what you mean.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Mon Oct 08, 2007 2:11 am

Post by Skruffs »

JDodge, I make it a habit to ignore PJ.
But I have reviewed his posts and found what you are referring to.
So, I guess that is acceptable. But if PJ is scum and knows flameaxe is telling the truth, it looks badly on him. But flameaxe, whether town or scum, is dangerous at endgame, so it is forgivable.
Unvote
[
Vote : Thin_Man
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Mon Oct 08, 2007 2:20 am

Blight wrote:
Mastermind of Sin wrote:
Sarcastro wrote:
QFT

Really? You voted Sarc based on day 2's opening,
What is wrong with this? I still suspect Sarc because of the opening message. I just don't have anything else to correlate it with.
you voted JDodge because he said that Sarc couldn't answer any question about the day 2 opening if he doesn't know anything about it,
Pressure vote to get JDodge to stop mincing words. If you read the thread, you'd know that JDodge and I resolved this.
and then you get on the Ceph BW because you "can't miss out on this wagon".
And...your point?
Your votes have been all over the place all day. That looks like someone who's unsure or "non-committal". But, you find it scummy that no one really stands out as scum to Ceph? Prior to Ceph's post, who really stood out as scum to you and why?
Not really? In the first two examples you gave, there are clear arguments with other people that came after my vote and prompted me to unvote. If you weren't just skimming, you would know this. Yes, I find it scummy that someone who's been reading the game has no leads to go on. I have investigated multiple leads today, including Sarc and JDodge. You listing my votes pretty much proved that I *have* suspected other people before voting Cephrir.

On top of that, it would probably be a good idea to look closely at some of the people on yesterday's lynch wagon. I had a lot of fun getting a lynch that quickly, but even I have to admit there were probably multiple scum on it.
Permanent V/LA.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Mon Oct 08, 2007 4:31 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

I am still waiting for ibaesha to answer this question...will repost it.
curiouskarmadog wrote:
ibaesha wrote:Yes. Primarily because I don't recall having played with him before, therefore have no meta on him. Jdodge always wagons, so I expect it. UA was a consideration, but I've seen him do some really silly stuff as town before so I am contemplating his behavior. Also, UA didn't originally jump on, but joined later. As for K-Scope, he always seems scummy to me, and does even now, but I am hesitant to vote people who I feel that way about. Overall, it was a starting point for my vote today, because there doesn't seem to be much to gleen from yesterday. Btw, I had already looked at the other wagonners and expected a question like yours. I wanted to see who would ask it before explaining my reasoning, though.

Nevertheless, I'll give Flameaxe the benefit of the doubt for now. I don't know why he would claim role-related info over one vote, though.

unvote, vote Glork
- Sneaking suspicion. Nothing concrete.
and what did you gather about me by asking?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
IH
IH
Always Scum
IH
Always Scum
Always Scum

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Mon Oct 08, 2007 10:30 am

Post by IH »

Glork I don't trust meta's players give me on themselves. >= |
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Mon Oct 08, 2007 10:31 am

Cuz you suck :(
Permanent V/LA.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Mon Oct 08, 2007 10:39 am

Post by Glork »

Ask somebody to verify it, then, IH. Given how many veterans are in this game, I'd be suicidal to make up a meta on myself. :roll:
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
IH
IH
Always Scum
IH
Always Scum
Always Scum

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Mon Oct 08, 2007 10:54 am

Post by IH »

I know, but MoS can back me up. If you know you're own metas then you can just as easily change it.

hence why I consider them null if a player mentions it themelves. Maybe I'm just full of dumbassery, but thats just something I believe.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Mon Oct 08, 2007 10:56 am

Post by Glork »

I suppose that's fair enough. *shrug*

I guess it doesn't help either that I used to (way back in the day) say to people that I was trying to actively destroy metagames on me, anyway. <.<

What I will point out, though, IH, is that I pointed to several self-meta signs in Mafia 60 (such as the uber-lengthy PBPA of the entire game), and they held true.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
IH
IH
Always Scum
IH
Always Scum
Always Scum

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:06 am

Post by IH »

Yeah, but precedent doesn't mean you've done it this game right? I'm just saying, pointing out your own metas don't really convince me of your innocence to me, since you are aware what you're doing.

If anyone was to attack you for what you were doing, you can just say "See, look I've already done that! And I was town!"

I'm mostly saying I just don't think it's a proper defense, as it's to unsubstantial if a player is concious of their metas and can hypothetically play them in a controlled way.
IH
IH
Always Scum
IH
Always Scum
Always Scum

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:07 am

Post by IH »

EBWOP Looking at one or two of those lines that looks slightly far fetched, but meh, I still stand by it.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”