Worst role ideas?

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #450 (ISO) » Wed Sep 26, 2007 3:12 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

You are Godzilla

If there are no other Movie Monsters in the game, you are a SK, and must kill everyone else in order to win.

If there is one other Movie Monster in the game, you are pro-town, and in order for you to win the game must end in a town win with at least 4 other pro-town people left alive.

Each night, you may either nightkill a player, do nothing, or attack Tokyo.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Mirth
Mirth
Congratulations! You are ...
Mirth

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Wed Sep 26, 2007 3:33 pm

Post by Mirth »

NabakovNabakov wrote:

You are
Nabokov
. You may never make a post in your own voice, all posts must come from one of the following narrators. Depending on which one you post in the most, different powers and win conditions apply:

Humbert Humbert: You have no special powers and win with the town. 1/10 of your posting must be in French and 2/5 must be adjectives. You are a lover with any player who has "Goon" or "Townsperson" in their title.
I'm frankly disapointed in you. :P No superfluous references to "Annabell Lee" ? That should be one of his post restrictions.

A few more into the fray:

You are
William Shakespeare
(assuming, of course, you're a real person and not a psuedonym, but we won't get into conspiracy theories here for the time being at least). All of your posts must make references to crossdressing and be in iambic pentameter and invoke the name of some Greek diety or Italian city. You are lovers with Players XXXX nd YYYY, only they're cheating on your with each other, so you have to write emo love poetry bout them in every 5th post. (In sonnet format, of course.) It must be original (or at least plagarized from a source the mod is not aware of) and not too depressing because if either of them dies, you die (this is not reciprocal, however, since they don't care about you one whit). Additionally, all of your posts most feature sexual innuendo and bad puns. And if anyone start quoting Hamlet's "to be or not to be" speech or the Romeo and Juliet balcony scene, you will be modkilled because the mod is sick of hearing them.

You are
Charlotte Bronte
and you need to be beaten senseless for writing that Jane Eyre crap. Because you're an idiot in the ways of romance, every night, you must send the mod the name of another player to have an affair with. This person will be your lover until the next night when you are to send in a new choice. If your choice dies, you die along with them, but their death is not contingent on yours since they obviously have a wife located somewhere up in the attic already.

You are
Thomas Mann
and you somehow don't realize you're gay. Really really gay. All of your posts must have homoerotic undertones...or rather...be blatantly homoerotic because undertones just don't cut it. Any time someone trys to make you come out of the closet, you must vote them. You win if you survive the game while denying your sexuality.

You are
Oscar Wilde
and, frankly, Thomas Mann's sexual repression bothers you. Its your job to try and get him to come out of the closet. Bt becareful, don't try too hard or those pesky sodomy laws will get you. You're only allowed to post in epigrams. Your win condition is when Thomas Mann admits he's gay.

Mod note: Oscar Wilde has 10% of being post restricted for the rest of the day every time he tries to force Thomas Mann out of the closet due to sodomy laws.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Wed Sep 26, 2007 3:42 pm

Post by Glork »

Mirth, you need to turn this into a full-blown game.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Wed Sep 26, 2007 4:20 pm

Post by Mirth »

I'm not qualified to mod yet, I don't think.
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Wed Sep 26, 2007 7:01 pm

Post by Mirth »

My last bit of insanity for the night, since I just realized Nabakov's Hemmingway PM is missing a few imporant pieces of bastard moddery.
NabakovNabokov wrote:You are Hemingway. No more than 5 words per sentence, 3 sentences per post. (Not counting votes/unvotes). Violation will result in a Modkill. You are a Survivor, have one NK immunity, but will commit suicide N5 if the game is not over.
You are also the original crazy cat lady, so, at least once a day, you have to be distracted from your writing and feed the buggers why cursing profanely at them in a drunken stupor. Failure to feed your many-toed kitties will result in them scratching you to death. Additionally, you very presence in the game will force other players to wish to impersonate you or eat Key Lime Pie...heck...I have a hankering for key lime pie now...
Zindaras
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Mr(s) Popularity

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Wed Sep 26, 2007 7:26 pm

Post by Zindaras »

I've been thinking about modding a collection of roles from this thread at some point.
Show
Finished: 159 (120 Town, 33 Mafia, 5 Other, 1 Cult, 4 Cultivated)
68 Wins, 71 Losses
Town: 52 Wins, 54 Losses (2 Wins as Cult)
Mafia: 13 Wins, 15 Losses (1 Win as Cult)
Other: 3 Wins, 1 Loss (1 Win as Cult)
Cult: 0 Wins, 1 Loss
Cultivated: 4 Wins, 0 Losses
59 Survived, 31 Lynched, 60 Killed
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Wed Sep 26, 2007 9:08 pm

Post by Adel »

this role could fill an important niche in a lot of really bad theme games. if your setup isn't swingy
enough
, throw in a hairdresser.

hairdresser

Each day you talk to each player, and they all tell you who they targeted the night before. Since they tell you while you are in Gossip mode, you don't realize what you heard until the following night. I'll PM you a list of names of players and the players they targeted.
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Thu Sep 27, 2007 8:37 am

Post by Mirth »

Adel wrote:this role could fill an important niche in a lot of really bad theme games. if your setup isn't swingy
enough
, throw in a hairdresser.

hairdresser

Each day you talk to each player, and they all tell you who they targeted the night before. Since they tell you while you are in Gossip mode, you don't realize what you heard until the following night. I'll PM you a list of names of players and the players they targeted.
The bastard mod version of this: You are also Edward Scissorhands, so you can't talk. With anyone. At all. Ever. Beause if you do a mob will form and hunt you down. But don't worry, I'm sure there are some people out there who don't believe in lynching lurkers. Somewhere...
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Thu Sep 27, 2007 10:13 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

pete d sent me some roles by PM that I won't be using, but others might find interesting (clearing out my Inbox):
Mafia Evil Extra Vote(s?):
Their extra vote(s?) will be made personally by the mod.

The Prestige:
Modified lyncher, chooses a target to make disappear, then has to get them lynched once they reappear (Or possibly appears dead at some point, but is then "resurrected" a short time later and becomes a normal lyncher).

Mafia ESP:
Can send anonymous ESP messages to other players via the mod anytime (both day and night). However, the other players cannot respond.
Mod notes: delusional, just a normal goon

Mafia Death Death Miller:
Comes up as Death Miller upon death. Investigates as "fish".
Retired as of October 2014.
skitzer
skitzer
Mafia Scum
skitzer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Thu Sep 27, 2007 11:36 am

Post by skitzer »

Here are some mafia roles I created while in school. Some of them are strange, but I like the way they turned out.

Poet-may only use meaningful versed rhyme when posting.
Dyslexiac-all posts must be written backwards.
White Chicken-If they receive a vote, their vote is nullified for the rest of the Day phase.
Bookkeeper-After Day 5, they may reflect on the actions of a selected Night phase each Night.
Gambler-all votes must be based on dice rolls.
Bourgeoisie-is not able to be night killed unless they cast a vote.
Interrogator-during the Night phase, they may ask a question of their choice to another player, which must be answered in-thread by the selected player the following day. Their answer does not have to be truthful.
Organized Citizen-they must include a list of all players, from most to least suspicious, within each post.
Hippie-is not able to vote unless they are voting for someone who has been confirmed as Mafia.
Army Veteran-if a player votes for them during the Day phase, they will immediately Day-kill that player. This can only happen once.
Musician-may only use the letters A, B, C, D, E, F, and G when posting.
White Fox-The first vote that is cast on them is nullified.
Aromatherapist-they can choose one player during the Night phase to disable from making FoS's the following Day.
White Turkey-may nullify a players vote, but nullifies another players vote as well.
Immigrant-must post in a different language. Language must be confirmed with Moderator.
Sandman-can choose a player during the Night phase to "sleep" through the Day phase, preventing him from posting and voting.

Comments?
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Thu Sep 27, 2007 11:52 am

Post by Nocmen »

Many of those are pretty good roles...I would like to maybe use the Organized Citizen or the white ones. But some dont work - like Hippie...wouldnt it break the game?
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Thu Sep 27, 2007 12:47 pm

Post by NabakovNabakov »

Mirth wrote: I'm frankly disapointed in you. No superfluous references to "Annabell Lee" ? That should be one of his post restrictions.
Maybe they can use that as an explanation for why they are choosing their random vote target.

Some of these author roles are absoultely insane, but if you trimmed out some of the craziness, you could probably make an interesting game out of it. Because I would absoutley demand that all players post in character, I would probably make the role
names
open, but keep powers and allignments secret. Kind of like Calvin and Hobbes mafia but with a point.

You are
Sinclair Lewis
. You may
only
vote for players on the largest bandwagon. The only thing you may accuse them of is bandwagoning and "going along with the crowd." You are also under prohibition and will be arrested/modkilled if you are caught posting drunk. You win with the town.

Sie sind
Goethe
. Nur Deustch bitte. Sie sprechen Duesch nichts? Das ist aber schade. Sie erlangen mit dem Stadt.

You are
Dickens
. Post over 5,000 words in a day and you can decide a "twist" at night. In other words, you can make any two players you want lovers or masons. You win with the town.
Show
"Shut up!" one woman shouted at another.

"You shut up!" the second woman shouted back.

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Thu Sep 27, 2007 5:33 pm

Post by Mirth »

NabakovNabakov wrote:
Mirth wrote: I'm frankly disapointed in you. No superfluous references to "Annabell Lee" ? That should be one of his post restrictions.
Maybe they can use that as an explanation for why they are choosing their random vote target.
Nah, that whole book is one giant "Annabell Lee" reference. If my copy of it wasn't stolen, I'd totally go through and find all of them.

Sie sind
Goethe
. Nur Deustch bitte. Sie sprechen Duesch nichts? Das ist aber schade. Sie erlangen mit dem Stadt.
Das ist nicht genug. Nur deutsche Lyrik. Um Leibe und Geister und vielleicht den Teufel. Und die musst natuerlich reimen.
You are
Dickens
. Post over 5,000 words in a day and you can decide a "twist" at night. In other words, you can make any two players you want lovers or masons.
You win with the town.
You win when at least 3 players commit suicide because your posting is depressing them to death. But don't worry, the Mod doesn't hate you. After all, you wrote Sydney Carton into being, so you can't be all bad. This is why you only have to mortally depress three players and not the whole town.
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Mon Oct 01, 2007 9:04 am

Post by Twomz »

Musician-may only use the letters A, B, C, D, E, F, and G when posting.
BEST RESTRICTION EVER?
"It's not a logical inconsistency. B can't be correct because then C would be, but it doesn't go the other way - there's nothing wrong with C being correct. Aside from Twomz saying otherwise." --Mith
Andycyca
Andycyca
Gets To Kill All Spammers
Andycyca

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Sat Oct 06, 2007 8:35 pm

Post by Andycyca »

You are an
Emo
You can only post whining about you and quote sad songs lyrics. You'll commit suicide on D1
skitzer wrote:Sandman-can choose a player during the Night phase to "sleep" through the Day phase, preventing him from posting and voting.
This isn't bad to me. Looks VERY interesting...
Planning: Katamari Damacy Mafia - Less than 50% done!

BTRAF 6 coming to a Mafia Forum near you. Now with 50% less chlorine! Bring your tin foil hat
Dragon Phoenix
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Don't shoot the mod

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Sat Oct 06, 2007 11:13 pm

Post by Dragon Phoenix »

The Sandman role has been around for a long time.
Roach
Roach
Goon
Roach
Goon
Goon

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Sun Oct 07, 2007 2:19 am

Post by Roach »

Hm...

Can't really think of any bad role ideas...
(avvy courtesy of Diseased Productions, sig courtesy of orcam07 from ASN)
Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Sun Oct 07, 2007 7:56 am

Post by Tarhalindur »

Mirth wrote:<snip>
Sie sind
Goethe
Das ist nicht genug. Nur deutsche Lyrik. Um Leibe und Geister und vielleicht den Teufel. Und die musst natuerlich reimen.

<snip>
Ausgezeichnet!
User out of ambit.

Error 404: Sanity Not Found
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Sun Oct 07, 2007 9:32 am

Post by Twomz »

Roach wrote:Hm...

Useless Poster - Post Uselessly.
Roach
Roach
Goon
Roach
Goon
Goon

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Sun Oct 07, 2007 9:42 am

Post by Roach »

Twomz wrote:
Roach wrote:Hm...

Useless Poster - Post Uselessly.
BAH!

Well, I believe my 'Red Shirt Scum/Townie' role might fit here...check out the thread titled 'New Role Idea: Red Shirt Scum/Townie' for more info.
(avvy courtesy of Diseased Productions, sig courtesy of orcam07 from ASN)
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Sun Oct 07, 2007 11:09 am

Post by Mirth »

Tarhalindur wrote:
Mirth wrote:<snip>
Sie sind
Goethe

<snip>
Ausgezeichnet!
Danke schoen.

And to make this post feel less spammy:

You are a
Caine
. One of the other players here is your brother Abel, and as much as he tends to bother you and be a little glory hog, you need to make sure that he lives, or (g/m)od will kill your for either promoting his death by voting or night-killing, or if someone else kills him first, you will commit suicide because you didn't get the chance to do away with that annoying snot-nosed brat. Oh, and you're a forced-kill night vigilante. Role-claiming gets you mod-killed. You win if you stay alive. Good luck!

Mod note: This role could also be called Seperated at Birth if you tell both parties this. But, just to be a super horrible bad evil bastard mod on this one: don't give anyone the Abel pm. Have Cain be a psychotic SK-type who's paranoid about killing anyone just to watch him sweat ^_^
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar
Pronoun: He/they

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Sun Oct 07, 2007 9:53 pm

Post by ChannelDelibird »

Dammit, we
need
a game from this thread.
#greenshirtthursdays
Andycyca
Andycyca
Andycyca

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Mon Oct 08, 2007 3:33 am

Post by Andycyca »

Right now I can't moderate anything yet, but second the idea.
Planning: Katamari Damacy Mafia - Less than 50% done!

BTRAF 6 coming to a Mafia Forum near you. Now with 50% less chlorine! Bring your tin foil hat
bird1111
bird1111
He
Mafia Scum
bird1111
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Mon Oct 08, 2007 3:48 am

Post by bird1111 »

I'd love to co-mod a game from this, I just can't be bothered to pick the roles.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #474 (ISO) » Mon Oct 08, 2007 10:54 am

Post by Glork »

...we could probably run an entire series of these games. I think it'd be hilarious, personally.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!

Return to “Mafia Discussion”