somestrangeflea
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Wed Oct 03, 2007 8:56 am

Post by somestrangeflea »

VampanezeHunter wrote:Um..basically Too town! I think you've not done anyrthing suspicious but that puts you under the radar! So if you are scum then this is quite easy for you!
One cannot, and should never be expected to, defend against being
pro-
town.
UltimaAvalon
UltimaAvalon
Vote: UltimaAvalon
UltimaAvalon

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Wed Oct 03, 2007 10:43 am

Post by UltimaAvalon »

Hjallti wrote:f a scumplayer would consider to do this move, it is only because he really believes he could benefit from it.
Therefor he almost must be certain that it could as well be a move of a town player.
So he would think something like 'If I were town I would do the same move'.
Therefor that particular player would do the move in any case, beit as scum or as town.
Therefor the move doesn't say something of the alignment of that player.
You've essentially said that my claim was a null tell, yet it is the number 1 reason you are suspicious of me.
Hjallti wrote:A selfvote is also not protown
Selfvote in the random stage is also a nulltell.
Hjallti wrote: also find your entire anti-metagame campaign something like saying: I know how to play this game better than you and I would like to keep it that way: please don't do research: I can beat you if you only look here.
Also wrong. I suck at this game. Also, yes, reading the plethora of games here is a great way to learn things. The main focus of the anti-metagame campaign is you need to look at each game as an individual instance of tonwnie-ness/scumie-ness. Don't base your argument on me being town/scum on the fact that some other player did the same thing in some other game, and he happened to be town/scum. It doesn't work. You also can't say that someone is town/scum because that player did the same thing in some other game, and he was town/scum then (COUGHJDodgeCOUGHChineseNewYearMafiaCOUGH).

On the subject of scumtells, lets look at my claim, shall we?
REASONS THE GM CLAIM/SELF-VOTE MIGHT BE SCUMMY

1. It broke yalls brains

REASONS WHY THE GF CLAIM/SELF-VOTE MIGHT BE TOWNIE

1. Where'd the random voting stage go? Did we skip it? Yes. Yes we did.

B. REACTIONS REACTIONS REACTIONS. Instead of focusing on my post, and why or why not it is scummy, since we've done plenty of that already, why not look at everyone else's reactions to said claim, and why or why not they're scummy.

@ JDodge: HJ, and then its really a toss-up between the rest of youse guys. SSF for flying under the radar, Vamp for simply uttering the words "Too Townie", and you for sticking up for me, even though I know that you're mad because I claimed GF before you had the chance to ^_^
AlyG: If he's not a joke account then what is he? He starts bandwagons on himself and insults other people.
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Wed Oct 03, 2007 10:45 am

Post by JDodge »

I need a clear-cut pair, not a "this one for this, and this one for this"
UltimaAvalon
UltimaAvalon
UltimaAvalon

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Wed Oct 03, 2007 11:39 am

Post by UltimaAvalon »

Sigh

HJ and Vamp then
AlyG: If he's not a joke account then what is he? He starts bandwagons on himself and insults other people.
UltimaAvalon
UltimaAvalon
UltimaAvalon

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Wed Oct 03, 2007 11:40 am

Post by UltimaAvalon »

EBWOP: But only because you wont tell me your "Awesome Plan of Win: Until I give two
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Wed Oct 03, 2007 12:19 pm

Post by JDodge »

Here are the pairs:

JDodge - Vamp/Hjallti
Hjallti - UA/JDodge
Flea - UA/Hjallti
Vamp - Flea/Hjallti
UA - Vamp/Hjallti

My plan is that the person in the most pairs (Hjallti) should be lynched.
If he is a townie
, then he should vig the person with the second-most "votes" (Vamp or UA).

Sound reasonable?
UltimaAvalon
UltimaAvalon
UltimaAvalon

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Wed Oct 03, 2007 2:07 pm

Post by UltimaAvalon »

The only thing that scares me is....what if you're scum, and you're perfectly okay with this, because neither you nor your scumbuddy is in anyway endangered by this plan.

Other than the light case of paranoia, I like it
Qman
Qman
Goon
Qman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Wed Oct 03, 2007 3:00 pm

Post by Qman »

Page 3 Vote Count!

Hjallti - 2: (Ultima Avalon, Jdodge)
UltimaAvalon - 2: (somestrangeflea, Hjallti)
Jdodge - 1: (VampanezeHunter)

Three to string someone up!
One Hamster to rule them all!
One Hamster to find them!
One Hamster to bring them all!
And in the sawdust bind them!
Hjallti
Hjallti
Goon
Hjallti
Goon
Goon

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Thu Oct 04, 2007 3:12 am

Post by Hjallti »

Vampanezehunter wrote: No SSF I have said things possibly not enough but I have said thing and some important like my vote on Jdodge without too much cause!
Ok now I shall post! Rolling Eyes
Reading through I noticed that someone pointed out that the goon would not want to lynch the GF. Guess who was the first person to stop us? Then again if this is a red Herring then we are done for! So I am thinki9ng that UA is the GF trying to play mind tricks with us! Anyway this could be WIFOM but why would the GF claim if his aim is not to get lynched?
Could you translate into plain english. You seem to refer to this mystical post as reason why I am suspicious but I don't understand it.

@UltimaAvalon
UltimaAvalon wrote: You've essentially said that my claim was a null tell, yet it is the number 1 reason you are suspicious of me.
Now your misrepresenting again. I said your claim was a nulltell and no longer a reason for me to suspicious of you:
The exact words I wrote: Therefor the move doesn't say something of the alignment of that player.
UltimaAvalon wrote: B. REACTIONS REACTIONS REACTIONS. Instead of focusing on my post, and why or why not it is scummy, since we've done plenty of that already, why not look at everyone else's reactions to said claim, and why or why not they're scummy.
I did look at the reactions from the others, from you, and I came to the conclusion I stated in my previous post. Your reactions were the most scummy. You might argue that you kept checking reaction, kept the ploy going, but that seems equivalent to saying: you should disregard me and look at the 4 other players. If you stretch it like this it is a kind of request for a free pass, if you don't why don't react at what I told was scummy (misrepresenting, defending by shouting).

@JDodge
I don't think discussion is over yet. In fact I wanted to chnage my second place suspiocioun to Vamp.
He basically attacks me for not hammering UltimaAvalon, while he can hammer right now and he doesn't.

I don't think that lynching in the middele of discussion is a good thing.
But if you lynch me for the strange plan I will execute vamp with me.
[i]"Early experiments in transportation" Gary Larson[/i]

I stopped playing and modding here Friday the 13th, due to real life. finishing the hawks game however.
VampanezeHunter
VampanezeHunter
Goon
VampanezeHunter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Thu Oct 04, 2007 5:12 am

Post by VampanezeHunter »

UltimaAvalon wrote:The only thing that scares me is....what if you're scum, and you're perfectly okay with this, because neither you nor your scumbuddy is in anyway endangered by this plan.

Yes I agree and also look who are the people who are least under suspicion? Flea and Jdodge! Possible scumpair there based on the facts of everybody's top supicions!
Hjallti wrote:Vampanezehunter wrote:

No SSF I have said things possibly not enough but I have said thing and some important like my vote on Jdodge without too much cause!
Ok now I shall post! Rolling Eyes
Reading through I noticed that someone pointed out that the goon would not want to lynch the GF. Guess who was the first person to stop us? Then again if this is a red Herring then we are done for! So I am thinki9ng that UA is the GF trying to play mind tricks with us! Anyway this could be WIFOM but why would the GF claim if his aim is not to get lynched?

Could you translate into plain english. You seem to refer to this mystical post as reason why I am suspicious but I don't understand it.

Ok I am basically saying that that WIFOM seems to be being used a lot in this game. Because UA claimed GF, I can't decide whether he wants us to lynch him or is taking a big Gambit ans the GF!
"...Unvote you Moran..."- SomeStrangeFlea
"...Lag is so much worse in real life than in computer games, if you don't believe me then look at Jesus--it took him three *days* to respawn after he died..."- Khelvaster.
VampanezeHunter
VampanezeHunter
Goon
VampanezeHunter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Thu Oct 04, 2007 5:13 am

Post by VampanezeHunter »

EBWOP: HAPPY BIRTHDAY HJALLTI! Hope you had a good day!
"...Unvote you Moran..."- SomeStrangeFlea
"...Lag is so much worse in real life than in computer games, if you don't believe me then look at Jesus--it took him three *days* to respawn after he died..."- Khelvaster.
somestrangeflea
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Thu Oct 04, 2007 5:19 am

VampanezeHunter wrote:
UltimaAvalon wrote:The only thing that scares me is....what if you're scum, and you're perfectly okay with this, because neither you nor your scumbuddy is in anyway endangered by this plan.

Yes I agree and also look who are the people who are least under suspicion? Flea and Jdodge! Possible scumpair there based on the facts of everybody's top supicions!
Seriously, WTF? Once again, you're trying to use the BS reasoning of "They aren't acting suspicious, therefore they're suspicious"...

I'm swapping Hjallti for VH in my pair...
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Thu Oct 04, 2007 6:59 am

Post by JDodge »

Hjallti wrote:@JDodge
I don't think discussion is over yet. In fact I wanted to chnage my second place suspiocioun to Vamp.
He basically attacks me for not hammering UltimaAvalon, while he can hammer right now and he doesn't.

I agree, naturally; I just wanted to see if people agreed with the plan.
somestrangeflea
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Thu Oct 04, 2007 7:08 am

JDodge wrote:
Hjallti wrote:@JDodge

I agree, naturally; I just wanted to see if people agreed with the plan.
The plan, as a concept, seems perfectly reasonable, but yeah, not now...

I think that we should keep track of votes (naturally), and "Psuedo-Votes" as a whole. The player who gets a majority of votes first is lynched, and we mutually agree to vig whoever has the most total votes, that is, the total of all votes and pseudo-votes.

I think this system works...
UltimaAvalon
UltimaAvalon
UltimaAvalon

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Thu Oct 04, 2007 11:14 am

Post by UltimaAvalon »

Define pseudo-votes. You mean like FoS's and stuff?
somestrangeflea
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Thu Oct 04, 2007 7:19 pm

UltimaAvalon wrote:Define pseudo-votes. You mean like FoS's and stuff?
Pretty much, yeah. Basically, we pseudo-vote (
Pseudo-vote:XXXXX
) the other person in our scum pairings, and when someone does get lynched, if they are a townie, they vig whoever has the most total votes. For the sake of the system, you can't vote and pseudo-vote the same person.
somestrangeflea
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Sat Oct 06, 2007 10:22 pm

MOD: Mass-prod, perhaps?
UltimaAvalon
UltimaAvalon
UltimaAvalon

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Sun Oct 07, 2007 2:44 pm

Post by UltimaAvalon »

What the hell? My cmp breaks down over the weekend, so yall decide to do nothing?

Fake Vote: Vampaneze
somestrangeflea
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Sun Oct 07, 2007 7:41 pm

Well, do you expect me to have a conversation with myself?

Unvote
Vote: VH
Pseudo: UA
UltimaAvalon
UltimaAvalon
UltimaAvalon

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Sun Oct 07, 2007 8:21 pm

Post by UltimaAvalon »

I think its obvious I was referring to the other 3 players
somestrangeflea
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Mon Oct 08, 2007 4:20 am

UltimaAvalon wrote:I think its obvious I was referring to the other 3 players
I know, I know.

I forgot the obligatory :lol: at the end of the post to indicate it was a joke...

=(
Qman
Qman
Goon
Qman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Mon Oct 08, 2007 7:35 am

Post by Qman »

Prods will be going out shortly.

mod edit

Jdodge, Hjallti and VH have been prodded
One Hamster to rule them all!
One Hamster to find them!
One Hamster to bring them all!
And in the sawdust bind them!
Hjallti
Hjallti
Goon
Hjallti
Goon
Goon

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:21 pm

Post by Hjallti »

Sorry guys, real life made the weekend longer (teambuilding on friday, with my daughter (see pic) to the doctor monday).

Basically Vamp is in all 4 pairs now. Still I think it is to early to execute that plan.

I think pseudo votes may help (if the lynch comes unexpected... if the game halts I prefer to do it in JDodge-style) but I suggest that the lynchee also counts the vote not on him by the other attacking person. (If you don't understand the last sentence; it is because I don't speak english, another try: Probably someone will be lynched with 3 votes on him,the lynchee voting and a vote of someone else on another person). Well the lynchee should also take in account the latter vote, and add them to the pseudovotes.) Right?

As for now:
pseudo-vote:vamp

I stopped playing and modding here Friday the 13th, due to real life. finishing the hawks game however.
Hjallti
Hjallti
Goon
Hjallti
Goon
Goon

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Wed Oct 10, 2007 3:11 am

Post by Hjallti »

@JDodge: UltimaAvalon said somewhere that 'he beat you to claim'. Were you planning to make a GF-claim as well? Is that the reason you also voted me (together with UA) for not agreeing on the strategy?

@Vampaneze: I still don't understand why you put me in your list. You referred to a mystical post, I asked you what it meant than you said it was about WIFOM and you couldn't see through the Wine in front of you, but you didn't explain clear enough for me to understand at least why I was on your list. To me it looks like you took the most "popular" player in your list and hoped you didn't have to explain, but maybe I just missed everything.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”