Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Wed Oct 03, 2007 6:50 am

Post by Guardian »

OK Setael. Just one more question...
Guardian wrote:
Guardian wrote:
I still have lingering schiz suspicions that have carried over to Guardian.
He hasn't done much lately
What do you mean by this? Why do you think this?
Do not lynch me.
[wiki]Great Nibbler Takeover of 2008[/wiki]
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Wed Oct 03, 2007 7:52 am

Post by Setael »

By "he hasn't done much lately" I mean that you haven't been posting much content since daybreak. I can look past your lack of solid content since your main suspect is not being particularly active, so I will admit that is not a very strong point against you.

I actually think your xyzzy vote is a stronger point against you. My main reasoning for schizmatized being scummy was based on the move from the xyzzy wagon to the SSF wagon. I thought both Shanba's and schizmatized moves looked really scummy and very possibly could've been distracting from the xyzzy wagon and onto SSF to protect a scum buddy. (especially where schismatized had said it was too early to lynch xyzzy and then mere posts later he's willing to let SSF hang).

If I was wrong about xyzzy's alignment, ScumGuardian would know it. If that is the case, I could see Guardian being motivated to push a xyzzy lynch, so that when xyzzy comes up Town Guardian is cleared - at least of the reasons I had to suspect him. I could also see scum going for a xyzzy lynch because so many have been suspicious of him and he's now so lurky. If xyzzy is scum, I'm probably wrong since I doubt Guardian would bus both his partners one right after another. I don't think that's the case though... I think it's more likely that Guardian is scum.

This warrants a Guardian vote!
vote: Guardian
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Wed Oct 03, 2007 8:03 am

Post by JDodge »

OMGUS

Setael needs to die

Vote: Setael
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Wed Oct 03, 2007 8:14 am

Post by Setael »

Interesting. I don't see how my vote is OMGUS since Guardian has never attacked me, voted me, or even accused me.

How about instead of just saying I need to die and voting me, you tell me why my argument is in any way faulty or doesn't make sense. Because... it's a decent case imo - much better than the non-existent case you have on me.
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Wed Oct 03, 2007 8:17 am

Post by JDodge »

Setael wrote:Interesting. I don't see how my vote is OMGUS since Guardian has never attacked me, voted me, or even accused me.

How about instead of just saying I need to die and voting me, you tell me why my argument is in any way faulty or doesn't make sense. Because... it's a decent case imo - much better than the non-existent case you have on me.
Shit, I confused this game with a different one.

MY MISTAKE

Unvote
White
White
Goon
White
Goon
Goon

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Wed Oct 03, 2007 8:23 am

Post by White »

*laugh* Nice.

Care to give your thoughts on this game?
Show
House Rules:

1. God came to my house and I killed him.

2. I will kill anyone who comes to my house like I killed God.

3. Give me one dead body and I might let rule #2 slide.

You have until Dawn.
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Wed Oct 03, 2007 8:32 am

Post by JDodge »

White wrote:*laugh* Nice.

Care to give your thoughts on this game?
I'm not particularly inclined to at the moment
White
White
Goon
White
Goon
Goon

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Wed Oct 03, 2007 8:34 am

Post by White »

Is that because you don't have thoughts?
Are trying to save them up to come out with a bang?
Don't like me?
Don't want to help the town?
Don't want to scumhunt?
Forgot about the game and have no clue what's going on?
Show
House Rules:

You have until Dawn.
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Wed Oct 03, 2007 8:37 am

Post by JDodge »

White wrote:Is that because you don't have thoughts?
Don't like me?
Forgot about the game and have no clue what's going on?
These
White
White
Goon
White
Goon
Goon

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Wed Oct 03, 2007 8:44 am

Post by White »

Ok well....if you don't have any thoughts or forgot about the game I think you've got two options, become informed and read up and get involved or ask for a replacement.
Show
House Rules:

You have until Dawn.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:24 am

Post by Guardian »

Setael wrote:By "he hasn't done much lately" I mean that you haven't been posting much content since daybreak. I can look past your lack of solid content since your main suspect is not being particularly active, so I will admit that is not a very strong point against you.
IN-deed. Also, no one's asked me any questions, and my opinions haven't change, meaning I don't need to post. So, your initial reason for suspecting me, that I "hasn't done much lately" is almost without substance....
I actually think your xyzzy vote is a stronger point against you.
Because xyyzy is town and voting for my second choice suspect after my first choice is lynched and comes up scum is a scum tell?
My main reasoning for schizmatized being scummy was based on the move from the xyzzy wagon to the SSF wagon.
Wait, so now xyzzy is scum?
I thought both Shanba's and schizmatized moves looked really scummy and very possibly could've been distracting from the xyzzy wagon and onto SSF to protect a scum buddy. (especially where schismatized had said it was too early to lynch xyzzy and then mere posts later he's willing to let SSF hang).
So I am scummy to vote for xyzzy... because it is scummy to vote for scum?
If I was wrong about xyzzy's alignment, ScumGuardian would know it.
So now xyzzy is town again?
If that is the case, I could see Guardian being motivated to push a xyzzy lynch, so that when xyzzy comes up Town Guardian is cleared - at least of the reasons I had to suspect him.
Ah, I see now, I think. I am trying to lynch xyzzy-town because lynching townies is a town tell?
I could also see scum going for a xyzzy lynch because so many have been suspicious of him and he's now so lurky. If xyzzy is scum, I'm probably wrong since I doubt Guardian would bus both his partners one right after another. I don't think that's the case though... I think it's more likely that Guardian is scum.
Oh, but lynching townies is ALSO a scum tell?
This warrants a Guardian vote!
vote: Guardian
OMGUS,
HOS: Setael
. If the case on you has any merit, you're getting a vote. Your logic in the above vote is extremely convoluted, and as I suspected, you were not able to back up your comment that I "haven't been doing much lately" and that that's scummy.
Do not lynch me.
Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:35 am

Post by Rishi »

Wow. This game is starting to become entertaining.

Right now xyzzy is my #1 candidate for scum, but I don't feel right pushing for his lynch without him saying something. But maybe that's his strategy.

Thesp:
Can you confirm that xyzzy was prodded at some point and that he picked up his prod?
Taking a break from MS. Please send e-mail if you want to get in touch with me.
White
White
Goon
White
Goon
Goon

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:39 am

Post by White »

Wow...Guardian that was an incredible break down. I think i'm going to have to go over Sataels posts and see if errs like this consistently because if so, that's where my vote is going.

Btw, I talked with Xyzzy via IRC #mafia chatroom last night and he knows about this game.
Show
House Rules:

You have until Dawn.
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:40 am

Post by JDodge »

White wrote:Wow...Guardian that was an incredible break down. I think i'm going to have to go over Sataels posts and see if errs like this consistently because if so, that's where my vote is going.

Btw, I talked with Xyzzy via IRC #mafia chatroom last night and he knows about this game.
ZOMG YOU WERE TALKING OUTSIDE THE THREAD CHEATER
White
White
Goon
White
Goon
Goon

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:53 am

Post by White »

YB for rule 5 wrote:[5] You may not discuss the game outside this thread unless your role permits you to.
In answer, I didn't break the rule, there was no discussion. It was a brief, in passing comment that he might want to return to this game. That was it, the end.

Nice try though.
Show
House Rules:

You have until Dawn.
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:54 am

Post by Setael »

Guardian wrote:
Setael wrote:I actually think your xyzzy vote is a stronger point against you.
Because xyyzy is town and voting for my second choice suspect after my first choice is lynched and comes up scum is a scum tell?
No, for the reasons I gave in my post. You are merely pulling out one line and twisting it around.
Guardian wrote:
Setael wrote:My main reasoning for schizmatized being scummy was based on the move from the xyzzy wagon to the SSF wagon.
Wait, so now xyzzy is scum?
If you leave this statement in context rather than pulling it out like this, it makes perfect sense.
Guardian wrote:
Setael wrote:I thought both Shanba's and schizmatized moves looked really scummy and very possibly could've been distracting from the xyzzy wagon and onto SSF to protect a scum buddy. (especially where schismatized had said it was too early to lynch xyzzy and then mere posts later he's willing to let SSF hang).
So I am scummy to vote for xyzzy... because it is scummy to vote for scum?
Once again, leave the statement in context and it makes sense.
Guardian wrote:
Setael wrote:If I was wrong about xyzzy's alignment, ScumGuardian would know it.
So now xyzzy is town again?
You could at least
try
to be subtle when twisting someone's words.
Guardian wrote:
Setael wrote:If that is the case, I could see Guardian being motivated to push a xyzzy lynch, so that when xyzzy comes up Town Guardian is cleared - at least of the reasons I had to suspect him.
Ah, I see now, I think. I am trying to lynch xyzzy-town because lynching townies is a town tell?
Your blatant effort to misunderstand something that is very clear is duly noted. I'm sure you noticed that I said you'd be cleared "of the reasons I had to suspect you." If xyzzy was lynched and came up Town, my reasons for suspecting schiz could be seen to completely fall apart.
Guardian wrote:
Setael wrote:I could also see scum going for a xyzzy lynch because so many have been suspicious of him and he's now so lurky. If xyzzy is scum, I'm probably wrong since I doubt Guardian would bus both his partners one right after another. I don't think that's the case though... I think it's more likely that Guardian is scum.
Oh, but lynching townies is ALSO a scum tell?
Your statement here just makes no sense. I'm sure you understood exactly what I was saying, but realizing you had no defense, you chose to misinterpret and misconstrue.
Guardian wrote:
Setael wrote:This warrants a Guardian vote! vote: Guardian
OMGUS, HOS: Setael. If the case on you has any merit, you're getting a vote. Your logic in the above vote is extremely convoluted, and as I suspected, you were not able to back up your comment that I "haven't been doing much lately" and that that's scummy.
You
haven't
been doing much lately, but as I said - I can excuse it because your main suspect is absent.

My case on you does not look convoluted until you pick it apart and twist it around the way you did. I simply posted one scenario in which you are scum trying to lynch Townxyzzy in order to prove my schiz suspicions wrong. The way you twisted my post is the scummiest thing you've done yet.
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Wed Oct 03, 2007 2:50 pm

Post by Thesp »

Day 3 Official Vote Count

xyzzy
- 1 (Guardian)
Setael
- 2 (Shanba, Patrick)
JDodge
- 1 (Thin_Man)
Guardian
- 1 (Setael)

Not Voting
- 4 (Rishi, xyzzy, White, JDodge)

With 9 alive, it's 5 to lynch.

Rishi wrote:Thesp: Can you confirm that xyzzy was prodded at some point and that he picked up his prod?
Prodding xyzzy now.

White wrote:Btw, I talked with Xyzzy via IRC #mafia chatroom last night and he knows about this game.
Please do not discuss this game outside of the thread with other players. Thanks.
"When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning." -
Reiner Knizia

Ask me about my automatic votecounter, and how you can use it in
your
game!
Check out my 15 minutes of fame on Wait Wait...Don't Tell Me!
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Wed Oct 03, 2007 6:22 pm

Post by Guardian »

I'd like to get other people's reactions to Setael before I continue further.

I have a few things to bring up, but I'd like to see what a few specific others think, if that's OK.
Do not lynch me.
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Wed Oct 03, 2007 7:29 pm

Post by Setael »

Totally understandable. It is always wise of scum to gauge the Town's reaction to a case before pushing it too hard.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Wed Oct 03, 2007 7:42 pm

Post by Guardian »

No -- I want to see how a few likely candidates to be scum with you respond to our interaction.

I can press on instead if that's desired :).
Do not lynch me.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Fri Oct 05, 2007 8:16 am

Post by Guardian »

I just re-read Setael. She and Shanba are NOT scum together.

I think it is highly possible that the final two scum are xyzzy and Setael. Setael's play reminds me of a game she and I were in where she got lynched and was scum. Ongoing so I can't discuss, but... :?.

Also, in this game, she didn't mention mneme until she voted him. Also, her first reason for finding me suspicious -- "hasn't done much lately" -- she basically admitted was a bullshit reason for finding me suspicious.

The main things I was going to bring up to Setael are:

1) Do you
really
think I care
that
much about your individual reason for maybe finding Schis suspicious -- enough that it would motivate me to try and get xyzzy lynched?
2) Is my pursuing xyzzy not a logical following of my analysis of the game and my play yesterday?

3) Setael, your reasons for finding me suspicious don't make sense. If I were scum and xyzzy is town:
Me leading a mislynch wagon on him would make me look scummier than any potential gains I'd get from "easing your suspicion of Schis". Me leading a mislynch wagon on xyzzy couldn't be motivated by trying to look more townlike -- leading a mislynch wagon makes you look scummy! Your statements
don't make sense in context
, because your context doesn't make sense. I pulled them out of context to illustrate this.

I am very interested in xyzzy and Setael today. Jdodge and Shanba can wait.

I really want to hear from xyzzy, it definitely seems that he is intentionally lurking at this point.
Do not lynch me.
Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Fri Oct 05, 2007 8:28 am

Post by Rishi »

Guardian wrote:I am very interested in xyzzy and Setael today. Jdodge and Shanba can wait.

I really want to hear from xyzzy, it definitely seems that he is intentionally lurking at this point.
I honestly never really saw the suspicion on Shanba. I think he's town. I find JDodge hard to read, but I agree that he can wait.

Setael is someone I am keeping an eye on. I definitely think her arguments seem weak at points, but I'm not sure if they're just weak arguments or actually scummy arguments.

I've said it a few times today, but xyzzy worries and frustrates me. I think he knows that we're talking about him. What incentive would a pro-town player have to lurk so heavily?

Maybe a little pressure will draw him out. I'm surprised that he only has the one vote on him right now.
Vote: xyzzy
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Fri Oct 05, 2007 8:45 am

Post by Setael »

Guardian wrote:Me leading a mislynch wagon on him would make me look scummier than any potential gains I'd get from "easing your suspicion of Schis".
I was assuming everyone agreed with my suspicions of Schiz which would give you more motivation to do something which would get rid of them. Rishi's post agreeing that my arguments are weak makes it pretty clear that I was wrong about that. I see your point that a mislynch wagon would look worse, especially considering I think I was thinking too highly of the weight of my schiz arguments.

For now,
unvote
. I need to reread.
Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Sun Oct 07, 2007 12:09 pm

Post by Rishi »

<sigh> Did this game die again?

I swear. This game is cursed.
White
White
Goon
White
Goon
Goon

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Sun Oct 07, 2007 12:29 pm

Post by White »

I would have to agree. This game is also pretty hard for me to get a handle on.
Show
House Rules:

You have until Dawn.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”