Chaos Diplomacy FINISHED! Who were the survivors?

For completed/abandoned Mish Mash Games.
Snakes
Snakes
I Will Survive
Snakes
I Will Survive
I Will Survive

Post Post #1325 (ISO) » Sat Mar 19, 2016 7:52 am

Post by Snakes »

In post 1318, Save The Dragons wrote:TBO anything i can do to convince you to let me take holland next year?

If this happens, how would you feel about me following you into Belgium? You can't get a build from it anyway if you pass through in Spring, and the medagree being so aggressive without stating their intentions towards me is making me nervous.
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #1326 (ISO) » Sat Mar 19, 2016 8:08 am

Post by OhGodMyLife »

Brits + STD, I suggest you stop trying to flee into new centers while giving up your homelands, and instead turn and defend yourselves against the MedAgree.
Drench
Drench
he/him
crucial waukesha voter
Drench
he/him
crucial waukesha voter
crucial waukesha voter
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1327 (ISO) » Sat Mar 19, 2016 8:32 am

Post by Drench »

In post 1303, Shadoweh wrote:No, I wasn't trying to convoy you. I just wanted a cool move like everyone else to do. (I should have submitted StP to Tunis or something)
gr8 pl8 m8 would r8 8/8

i use only the best pl8s
join your union
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1328 (ISO) » Sat Mar 19, 2016 8:54 am

Post by Save The Dragons »

My expectation of giving up my homeland was to get 2 centers, not to just keep relocating. I am concerned because I need to vacate one of the territories to gain the 2 units and if Holland is more defendable than Belgium is at the end of next years fall then I'm okay with that but if not I'm a little concerned.
ActionDan
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1329 (ISO) » Sat Mar 19, 2016 9:38 am

Post by ActionDan »

In post 1323, Mist7676 wrote:
In post 1316, OhGodMyLife wrote:
In post 1301, DeathNote wrote:Crap Defender didn't move into GAS... now we have no way to pressure Medagree for being so aggressive. Whats worse, Mist still managed to get into Bul without support.

Check the moves - D3f supported mist's army from Mar. Which might turn out to have been actual suicide.

Yeah, I don't understand why he did that? But he did!

So Ani, what do you want to do this round? You could support me into Paris and we can both gain a supply center. Plus, there's nothing that anybody can really do to stop us.

In post 1324, animorpherv1 wrote:That works for me.

Snakes is just going to cut support
I'll give you a moment to let that sink in
Shadoweh
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Idol Hands

Post Post #1330 (ISO) » Sat Mar 19, 2016 9:42 am

Post by Shadoweh »

:( Geez so paranoid. I mean if you don't want to be greedy it's true that no one's going to stop a support of JDGA into Trieste.
Aronis is on our side, he doesn't have to worry about us. :p Hard to say what he should do though, as a convoy I'm not sure how he can help the italians if they're trying to go higher. Dan can sort that out for them.
I HATE YOU SO MUCH PLEASE GO JUMP INTO A FREEZING LAKE - Mr. Freeze
And this was like me realizing that you were a serial killer. - Hathor
"but I must declare my love to Edelgard here, i offer you the treasure I stole from Raphael, an idol LOL" - Shamir
Randomnamechange
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1331 (ISO) » Sat Mar 19, 2016 10:31 am

Post by Randomnamechange »

Can someone support me into Sweden?
Mist7676
Mist7676
Mafia Scum
Mist7676
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1332 (ISO) » Sat Mar 19, 2016 10:36 am

Post by Mist7676 »

In post 1329, ActionDan wrote:
In post 1301, DeathNote wrote:Crap Defender didn't move into GAS... now we have no way to pressure Medagree for being so aggressive. Whats worse, Mist still managed to get into Bul without support.

Check the moves - D3f supported mist's army from Mar. Which might turn out to have been actual suicide.

So Ani, what do you want to do this round? You could support me into Paris and we can both gain a supply center. Plus, there's nothing that anybody can really do to stop us.

In post 1324, animorpherv1 wrote:That works for me.

Snakes is just going to cut support

How? If he tries to move to Ani's space, he'll just bounce back.
You Are Worth It
Lokiben
Lokiben
Goon
Lokiben
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1333 (ISO) » Sat Mar 19, 2016 10:39 am

Post by Lokiben »

If you two go through with this, I can move into Brest and bounce out Liverpool if they try anything.
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #1334 (ISO) » Sat Mar 19, 2016 11:14 am

Post by OhGodMyLife »

Quick lesson on support: in order to support a move into a space, the supporting unit must legally be able to move there itself. ani can support mist into Par because ani's unit can move into Par, but if ani had a fleet rather than an army this move would be illegal. Support can be CUT if somebody attacks the supporting unit - even if the attack is unsuccessful. Snakes' fleet in the channel could attack Brest alone, bounce back to the channel, and still cut off the support from Bre for mist's move to Par.

So unfortunately there is no one in range to support Midget's move to Swe (except Gale, but LOL) because no one else has any units that could themselves try to move to Swe this turn. Despite this, you should still try to move home to Swe. The most Gale can do is bounce you again, but he has bigger fish to fry this turn if he is going to support the defense of StP. TBO could order his fleet to attack Nor 1v1 and CUT this support, despite the fact that he won't actually capture Nor.

Snakes, some unsolicited advice for you: it is time to cut your losses for the time being in France and immediately move homeward. Lokiben's fleet is one space away from threatening your home center. If you don't get yourself in position, he will capture it unopposed next year.
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #1335 (ISO) » Sat Mar 19, 2016 11:21 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

OGML has a point - I think I'm going to be forced int a Hold this turn, Mist. You'll probably have better luck a bit farther North?
"Animorpherv1's posts are so powerful that prolonged exposure may cause vertigo, nausea, acute tinnitus, and in rare cases, death." - vonflare

"Ani is right 100% of the time" - Alisae
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #1336 (ISO) » Sat Mar 19, 2016 11:26 am

Post by OhGodMyLife »

In post 1335, animorpherv1 wrote:OGML has a point - I think I'm going to be forced int a Hold this turn, Mist. You'll probably have better luck a bit farther North?

Snakes can't dislodge you by himself, even if you are supporting, he can only cut the support.
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #1337 (ISO) » Sat Mar 19, 2016 11:35 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

In post 1336, OhGodMyLife wrote:
In post 1335, animorpherv1 wrote:OGML has a point - I think I'm going to be forced int a Hold this turn, Mist. You'll probably have better luck a bit farther North?

Snakes can't dislodge you by himself, even if you are supporting, he can only cut the support.

I don't want to risk it, honestly.
"Animorpherv1's posts are so powerful that prolonged exposure may cause vertigo, nausea, acute tinnitus, and in rare cases, death." - vonflare

Mist7676
Mist7676
Mafia Scum
Mist7676
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1338 (ISO) » Sat Mar 19, 2016 11:35 am

Post by Mist7676 »

If Snakes decides to cut off support, Loki could just move into the Irish Sea and threaten his home center. OGML is right, Snakes should move back to save his own skin because he's moving too far away from his center. It's best for us to take Paris now rather than later. We're in the fall so we'll have a build phase right after to pressure others. If we lose this opportunity now, we give Germany or Britain time to mobilize.
You Are Worth It
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #1339 (ISO) » Sat Mar 19, 2016 11:38 am

Post by OhGodMyLife »

In post 1337, animorpherv1 wrote:

Risk what? Do you understand how the rules work? Whether you order a hold or support, your unit will defend at 1 strength with no other units supporting. Snakes will attack at 1 with no other units supporting. You do not get dislodged either way. The only person in position to support an attack against Brest would be Loki, and in that extremely unlikely scenario (unless Snakes wants to, IDK, start negotiating with people instead of waiting for his alliance to serve him up a center on a silver platter) then 2 strength against your 1 strength will dislodge you whether your order is hold or support.
Mist7676
Mist7676
Mafia Scum
Mist7676
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1340 (ISO) » Sat Mar 19, 2016 11:43 am

Post by Mist7676 »

In post 1339, OhGodMyLife wrote:
In post 1337, animorpherv1 wrote:

Risk what? Do you understand how the rules work? Whether you order a hold or support, your unit will defend at 1 strength with no other units supporting. Snakes will attack at 1 with no other units supporting. You do not get dislodged either way. The only person in position to support an attack against Brest would be Loki, and in that extremely unlikely scenario (unless Snakes wants to, IDK, start negotiating with people instead of waiting for his alliance to serve him up a center on a silver platter) then 2 strength against your 1 strength will dislodge you whether your order is hold or support.

i.e. there's no risk, and you put us in a better position for the next year.
You Are Worth It
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #1341 (ISO) » Sat Mar 19, 2016 11:45 am

Post by OhGodMyLife »

Sorry, actually, I made an oversight there - D3f3nd3r could theoretically support Snakes into Brest. Once again, whether your order is hold or support, you will defend at the same 1 strength and be dislodged.

D3f, you should poke your head in here long enough to talk to Snakes. This is the order you would input to support Snakes into Bre:
A Par S F ECH -> Bre

That's actually probably the best move for the Northern Alliance as a whole.
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #1342 (ISO) » Sat Mar 19, 2016 11:50 am

Post by OhGodMyLife »

Loki could support Ani's defense to bounce Snakes[D3f supporting] but that stalls his forward progress completely.

He could also turn around and occupy Spain and ani would be eliminated altogether.
Snakes
Snakes
I Will Survive
Snakes
I Will Survive
I Will Survive

Post Post #1343 (ISO) » Sat Mar 19, 2016 12:32 pm

Post by Snakes »

Hold up, I never committed to attacking Brest, people are just assuming they know what move I'm going to do.

Lokiben,
we have a nonaggression pact. I hope you'll honor that.

Ani,
where is your head at? You have loyalties towards the medagree but the Northern Alliance did agree that you should get Brest.
Shadoweh
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Idol Hands

Post Post #1344 (ISO) » Sat Mar 19, 2016 12:40 pm

Post by Shadoweh »

It's like watching a bunch of chickens with their heads cut off.
You guys spend so much time worrying about whether you'll get backstabbed that you get nothing done!
I HATE YOU SO MUCH PLEASE GO JUMP INTO A FREEZING LAKE - Mr. Freeze
And this was like me realizing that you were a serial killer. - Hathor
"but I must declare my love to Edelgard here, i offer you the treasure I stole from Raphael, an idol LOL" - Shamir
D3f3nd3r
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
Best Social Game
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1345 (ISO) » Sat Mar 19, 2016 12:45 pm

Post by D3f3nd3r »

Yeah I'll do that and support whoever goes into Brest.

I'll wait to submit so you guys can decide who will move there.
“The assumption of good faith is dead”

(profile pic by datisi)
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #1346 (ISO) » Sat Mar 19, 2016 12:52 pm

Post by animorpherv1 »

In post 1343, Snakes wrote:
Ani,
where is your head at? You have loyalties towards the medagree but the Northern Alliance did agree that you should get Brest.

Honestly, I'd like to hold out from any shenanigans in the fall. I'd like to keep my center.

Zulfy
Zulfy
Mafia Scum
Zulfy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1347 (ISO) » Sat Mar 19, 2016 12:55 pm

Post by Zulfy »

I'm off to Tyrol
no investigation no right to speak
N
N
Jack of All Trades
N
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1348 (ISO) » Sat Mar 19, 2016 1:51 pm

Post by N »

sorry guys I fell behind reading this thread. what's the haps?
GTKAS

Share And Enjoy
(go stick your head in a pig)
Lokiben
Lokiben
Goon
Lokiben
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1349 (ISO) » Sat Mar 19, 2016 1:53 pm

Post by Lokiben »

Either ani and D3f swap locations, or they stay put along with Mist and Snakes, regardless of whether or not I intervene. My lone fleet is going to be pretty ineffective by itself if I move North.

For Mist and ani, how does this sound?

1. I move my fleet into Gascony. This way, I can support the two of you regardless if ani ends this year in Paris or Brest.

2. Next year, the two of you support me next year to move into wherever D3f ends up. I nominate myself for moving into this territory, partly for selfish reasons, and also because if I leave my fleet in Gascony, I'll cut ani's newly spawned unit off (ani could spawn a fleet to take the mao, but then my latest fleet would be cut off).

3. Mist decides if we're going to continue north or turn east by moving her old army somewhere. Her new army slides into Burgundy as the old one moves out.

Return to “Sens-O-Tape Archive”