Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2700 (ISO) » Thu Oct 04, 2007 10:36 pm

Post by Kinetic »

Shteven wrote:P.S. Why am I the only one answering CTD's posts?
Because he just finished and its 5 AM where I am so I can only assume most people haven't even read his posts yet. I know I wasn't going to respond much to him until he caught up or even talked about me... its not unheard of for people to wait and find out what his
current
feelings are on the game.
Large Theme List Mod Emeritus
On hiatus due to Real Life
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
Slightly better than 50-50
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #2701 (ISO) » Thu Oct 04, 2007 10:39 pm

Post by MrBuddyLee »

This is the extent of TCS looking for relationships:
The Central Scrutinizer wrote:vote: Albert B. Rampage over Yogurt almost entirely because Glork hopped off and I think Glork is scum.

Glork, have you changed your mind about Shteven?
The Central Scrutinizer wrote:
Glork wrote:On a separate note: I'm curious to know why you think I'm the
Serial Killer
and not Mafia. What SK-specific tells do you believe I have given off in your opinion?
Specifically, I don't see any valid connections between you and any other players.
That's it--VERY thin. Remember, mafia aren't looking for relationships. Also, a godfather is not afraid of being investigated:
The Central Scrutinizer wrote:Jack is correct, I often act scummy on purpose.
Also, note palpable disappointment/defensiveness re: the Sarc lynch:
The Central Scrutinizer wrote:There were no reasons to lynch Sarcastro yesterday.
None
. I voted for the player who was the most scummy, and we got lucky to deadline-lynch mafia.
TCS, you said we'd learn a lot from an Albert lynch, but you never posted what we learned the next day. What in your opinion did we learn from the Albert lynch?
dialing in mildly protown reads since 2006
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2702 (ISO) » Thu Oct 04, 2007 11:09 pm

Post by Kinetic »

Well I haven't posted a lot recently in this game, so I figure with everyone painting me as town I better put up my suspicions ;-).

Also: One more thing- I think if there are masons in this game, they need to claim now. Mainly because I'm starting to think it might be possible that people I think might be scum-buddies might actually be mason-buddies. Did we ever get confirmation from the mod that masons would show up as such at death or if they would show up just as townies?
TCS – 3 – Shteven, white, rogueben
I'll reiterate, I think TCS is scum. I'm not sure right now if I feel more strongly that he could be the SK or the Godfather, but there is
something
that keeps pulling me toward the fact that the mafia think he's the SK. I am willing to bet my life that at least one, if not BOTH of the mafia are on this wagon right now. My suspicion is mostly on White/Jack right now. I never really jived with anything he had to say and everything he did just was fishy. White's play has given me the same awkward feeling. I feel my vote is justified right now.

MBL:

I'm really having a difficult time placing how I feel about him, which is the main reason I haven't really commented on him a lot in the most recent couple of places. I no longer think he is the right lynch today, per se, but I have far from ruled him out as possible scum. At this time I would much more rather find out the alignment of other players and see how that effects my views on MBL.

Glork and BT: Obv Town.

CTD: Undecided, leaning towards town. I think I'll reserve judgment for him at this time.

Shteven: Definitely the enigma. I don't particularly like how he has defended himself or his constant attempts to buddy up toward me. I have realized we have both had similar conclusions toward people(a la TCS), but the way he acts upon these conclusions has me very concerned.

YB/RB: I think it is possible that he
might
be team scum, but I don't see any possibility of him being the SK right now.

Yos2: Much more shady, and I really like CTD's description of his play because it jives with what I see from him as well. The innocent result is really the only thing that players well in his favor in my opinion or else I would be much more crucial in my evaluations of him.

===============================

So my current lists are as follows:

Mafia List:

16. White
1. Shteven
18. Yosarian2

The three players above are the ones that I most think are likely mafia. Yos would obviously have to be the Godfather in this case, but I have a good feeling that Shteven or White are possible mafia. I also don't really think they are mafia together. It is certainly possible, but my gut says no.

2. MrBuddyLee (MBL)
5. The Central Scrutinizer (TCS)

MBL only really edges out TCS as fourth on my list because TCS has an innocent result. If I had to choose between Yos and TCS who I would think is more likely to be godfather at this point, I would choose Yos. Not because that I think Yos is more likely but because
White and Shteven are both my top mafia suspects and they are both voting for TCS

17. Rougeben

Undecided very much so on Rougeben. The likelihood of both Sarc and YB being scum is very remote in my opinion and I just can't fathom to see how YB could have survived two near lynches at mafia.

6. CrashTextDummie (CTD)
15. Billy Twilight
12. Glork

BT is obvtown in my opinion. Glork is the claimed and uncontested cop with a good record. CTD is leaning toward non-team scum and town. The innocent result is only a bonus in my opinion.

======================================

Possible SK List:

2. MrBuddyLee (MBL)

My two highest suspects. Right now TCS is edging out MBL because of the odd play from White/Shteven. In my opinion, this seems to me like the mafia are trying to lynch TCS so they can NK MBL and get BOTH of the two most likely to be SK suspects out of the way. This is the main reason I am not, and
will not
vote TCS today. Tomorrow, depending on what happens, I might change my mind. But at this moment TCS is not the right play.

18. Yosarian2

Yos is the only person in my secondary list. His shady activity really sets off my scumdar, but I'm really not sure if I feel he is more likely to be GF or SK. I'm thinking he's more likely to be GF in this situation, but I have not ruled him out as possible SK.

6. CrashTextDummie (CTD)
16. White
1. Shteven

I really don't think that Shteven is SK. Call it a hunch, but it doesn't play right with me. I thought Jack might be the SK originally, but so far White's play, while screaming possible mafia, seems to be whispering at the same time that he is not the SK. CTD, for the most part, seems town in my book, but if he could be scum, SK is the only likelihood in my opinion.

17. Rougeben
15. Billy Twilight
12. Glork

See what I said about Blork/BT under the mafia section. It applies here as well. I still think the likelihood of YB being the SK is VERY VERY low.
LoudmouthLee
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2703 (ISO) » Fri Oct 05, 2007 2:55 am

Post by LoudmouthLee »

Did we ever get confirmation from the mod that masons would show up as such at death or if they would show up just as townies?
This game is full reveal.
"LML = Mafia God" - Pie Is Good
"LML returns, plays one game, wins a Scummie, then leaves again!" - Primate
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #2704 (ISO) » Fri Oct 05, 2007 6:03 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Kinetic: Care to be more specifc there? How the hell have I been "shady"? And why are you only bringing this up now?
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #2705 (ISO) » Fri Oct 05, 2007 6:45 am

Post by Glork »

LoudmouthLee wrote:
Did we ever get confirmation from the mod that masons would show up as such at death or if they would show up just as townies?
Is it just me or does the selected quote by Kinetic sound like he's feeling out for a "safe"claim?

(Personally, LmL, I would've loved for you to have told a white lie and said that we won't know, to see if Kinetic would try claiming Mason with a deadperson. That angle of investigation is sadly dead now.)
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
LoudmouthLee
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2706 (ISO) » Fri Oct 05, 2007 6:52 am

Post by LoudmouthLee »

Apologies if I gave too much info, but I thought it was fairly obvious.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #2707 (ISO) » Fri Oct 05, 2007 6:54 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Also, Kinetic, why is a mafia less likely to survive being close to a lynch twice then a town would be? I'd think the other way around would make more sense, that a town who got close to a lynch would have been more likely to get pushed off the edge by scum.
Kinetic wrote:17. Rougeben

Undecided very much so on Rougeben. The likelihood of both Sarc and YB being scum is very remote in my opinion and I just can't fathom to see how YB could have survived two near lynches at mafia.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #2708 (ISO) » Fri Oct 05, 2007 7:51 am

Post by Glork »

LoudmouthLee wrote:Apologies if I gave too much info, but I thought it was fairly obvious.
Meh, if he's asking, it's not obvious to him. That kind of thing is the best time to set a trap. :P
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Shteven
Shteven
Goon
Shteven
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2709 (ISO) » Fri Oct 05, 2007 12:02 pm

Post by Shteven »

MrBuddyLee wrote: Mafia's #1 threat was the SK until Glork claimed. Yet they didn't take a shot at me. After your read of the first two days, most of you claim to have found me a likely SK candidate, but mafia chose to kill Glork instead. I suppose it's worth asking again... who really thought Glork was an SK or power role at that point? I believe there's evidence that both Shteven and TCS did, but I need to read D2 again to be certain.
I have no problems publicly stating that I still feel there's a decent chance Glork is the SK. I think he's likely a cop, but my confidence has eroded some. To put a rough figure on it, maybe 70cop/30sk. Not that high a chance of sk, but higher than most other players by a fair margin.

I'll try to give him time since he's moving, but sadly, the deadline exists and I don't want to be lynched by people who aren't really sure who they are voting for.
"I'm like the customer support line for life."

Carpe Diem. If you shake it hard enough, maybe money will fall out!
Shteven
Shteven
Goon
Shteven
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2710 (ISO) » Fri Oct 05, 2007 12:24 pm

Post by Shteven »

And now it's time for the many-unconnected-points-arranged-in-one-post game!

1) I do agree with Glork that asking about the masons at this point seems odd. I think just about everyone else has written off their existence. I'd be very, very shocked if we have two.

2)
Kinetic wrote:Glork is the claimed and uncontested cop with a good record.
There may have only been one cop in the setup, who was killed night 0. Uncontested helps, but I wouldn't take that we had two cops for granted. If I claimed doctor and no one contested me, would you believe me? Remember, we only had one revealed so far, Guardian was townie, and mana is dead. This is all hypothetic, of course. I'm a townie.

3) I'm a bit surprised people feel I'm close to white? Honestly if anything I'd say I've been agreeing with MBL most lately, simply because I don't consider him to be the SK. Of course, at this point, I'd be happy to support anyone who agrees with me on TCS, because lynching another townie would be very dangerous for us.

4)
Kinetic wrote:
Shteven wrote: wrote:
P.S. Why am I the only one answering CTD's posts?
Because he just finished and its 5 AM where I am so I can only assume most people haven't even read his posts yet. I know I wasn't going to respond much to him until he caught up or even talked about me... its not unheard of for people to wait and find out what his current feelings are on the game.
Fair enough, however, we are kind of 3 days from the deadline. Forgive me for being a bit nervous, I'm kind of the leading mislynch at the moment ;)

5)
Kinetic wrote: White and Shteven are both my top mafia suspects and they are both voting for TCS.
You think that's something? I have something that will
blow your mind
. Back on day three, I listed TCS/Glork as scum in the answers to LML's quiz. Day 4 comes around...TCS votes for me, followed by Glork. That's right, the two people I picked as scum are leading the wagon on me. OMGUS, anyone?

Have either of them made a case? Let's eliminate the insightful townie?

Shteven
Shteven
Goon
Shteven
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2711 (ISO) » Fri Oct 05, 2007 12:27 pm

Post by Shteven »

Glork: Point blank: You are voting for me, yet said you were happy voting for MBL. We are three days from deadline. Please state where you want your vote to be by name (ie, not "I like it where it is"), move it if necessary, and provide one or two short reasons why you are voting for who you are. Summaries of previous posts are fine. Give us something.

Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #2712 (ISO) » Fri Oct 05, 2007 2:26 pm

Post by Glork »

I really don't care where it is, as long as one of you two gets lynched today. In case you haven't been paying attention, Mafia hasn't really been the focus of my life lately (I started a new job this past Monday), and I forgot that I had switched my vote to you. I think that, if I move it, TCS will be the Deadline Lynch, and I would rather see one of you two hang right now.

Three other players move to MBL, I will
gladly
move my vote there. But right now, he doesn't look like a realistic lynch, so I'm going with my alternate choice -- namely, you, Shteven.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #2713 (ISO) » Fri Oct 05, 2007 2:41 pm

Post by Glork »

LoudmouthLee wrote:
LoudmouthLee wrote:Apologies if I gave too much info, but I thought it was fairly obvious.
It just occurred to me that you're the MODERATOR and not a PLAYER in this game. Yeah, your response is perfectly justified. :oops:

I would've lied to Kinetic, though, to see if I could trap him. No jokes. That's one of those rare situations in which being deliberately misleading can be a good thing.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Shteven
Shteven
Goon
Shteven
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2714 (ISO) » Fri Oct 05, 2007 7:31 pm

Post by Shteven »

Well thanks for at least responding, although you still didn't give any reasons other than the lesser of two evils, with me being the one you think you could successfully hang.

Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #2715 (ISO) » Sat Oct 06, 2007 5:07 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Shteven, if you're not the mafia goon, then who is?
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #2716 (ISO) » Sat Oct 06, 2007 5:08 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

In case that wasn't clear, I would like you to lay out a case why one of the other possible mafia goon suspects would be a better lynch then you, Shteven.
CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2717 (ISO) » Sat Oct 06, 2007 8:11 am

Post by CrashTextDummie »

I've finally caught up with this game. The last 9 pages haven't changed anything fundamentally, and White is my preferred lynch.

I've outlined why I've become suspicious of Jack by the end of my read, and White hasn't been an improvement. He basically attacked MBL for not rolling over and embracing his own death, which is about as crappy as logic gets. Hell yes, a pro-town, town win oriented townie has a problem giving up his life if there's 10 people alive and 3 scum still running free. This is basically just White supporting Glork, who I'm pretty sure is letting himself be used in his blindness towards MBL.

I also didn't like how he called an MBL lynch "our best shot at nailing scum" despite listing Shteven as the 2 most likely candidate for
both
mafia and SK, which from a mathematical standpoint would make him the best candidate by far. It's also worth noting that he has never done any serious attempts to get anything going on Shteven, and now feels he's town. Very curious.

I can picture While as both SK and mafia, and feel very good about lynching him. So good that I don't think I will support any other lynch unless it's absolutely necessary to avoid a no-lynch.

General list of suspicion:

Scum
:
White

good possibility of being scum
:
Shteven
TCS
Yos

probably town
:
BillyTwilight
Rogueben
Kinetic
MBL

town
:
Glork

I will adress some posts (Shteven's defense against me and possibly a couple others) and will look back at some pivotal moments in the game (particularly the Guardian wagon on D2, which I'm sure had scum on it) before deadline hits.

Vote: White
LoudmouthLee
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2718 (ISO) » Sat Oct 06, 2007 9:26 am

Post by LoudmouthLee »

Shteven - 3 - TCS, Glork, Billy Twilight
TCS – 3 – Shteven, white, rogueben
White - 3 - Kinetic, MBL, Crash Text Dummy
Rougeben - 1 - Yosarian2

With 10 alive, it takes 6 to lynch!

Not Voting – 0

Mod Note: Due to a counting error, the majority of the majority is 4 votes. Not 3 votes. At this point in time, there is NO LYNCH.

(10-->6-->4)
White
White
Goon
White
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2719 (ISO) » Sat Oct 06, 2007 9:36 am

Post by White »

CrashTextDummie wrote:I also didn't like how he called an MBL lynch "our best shot at nailing scum" despite listing Shteven as the 2 most likely candidate for
both
mafia and SK, which from a mathematical standpoint would make him the best candidate by far. It's also worth noting that he has never done any serious attempts to get anything going on Shteven, and now feels he's town. Very curious.
I never started a case on Shteven because most of it was gut towards the beginning of the thread and then afterwards i've honestly not had the desire to go back through the thread and search out things that Shteven has said that pinged my scumdar. This was all before I knew about the filtering abilities at the bottom of the thread. I also was indeed leaning very heavily on Glork's assessment's because he's supposedly very good and I was getting town vibes from him the whole game. I pretty much had him nailed as the cop around page 70ish, which confirmed my view that he was indeed town. Naturally he can be wrong I just felt that I had a better chance going with his judgement rather than going with my gut on things. Remember, a while back someone said that there's no reason to go with gut this many pages in.

If however you want me to run up a case against Shteven I can filter his posts and show you what struck me as odd. However I think i'll be half hearted as i'm feeling Shteven is more town now.

I guess I don't mind going through each of TCS's posts and doing an analysis. However i'm feeling iffy of you CTD. I didn't like inHim and i'm not really feeling town from you either.
Show
House Rules:

1. God came to my house and I killed him.

2. I will kill anyone who comes to my house like I killed God.

3. Give me one dead body and I might let rule #2 slide.

You have until Dawn.
BillyTwilight
BillyTwilight
Goon
BillyTwilight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2720 (ISO) » Sat Oct 06, 2007 9:50 am

Post by BillyTwilight »

Sorry guys, I've had a hell-week at work and grading (I think I've put in close to 90 hours of time in the lab in the last week... ugh) and haven't been keeping up with mafia lately. This is a quick post to catch myself up a little.

I'm torn. I don't know who I like better for a lynch. My gut tells me White is the best lynch, but my mind tells me Shteven is the way to go. Yos, I know you asked me about Shteven, and I'll try to get into that later tonight, but briefly, you pointed out that I was getting a townie feel about him in my last "list" post. That entire post was colored by my feeling at the time that Kinetic was scum. Kinetic is pretty much town in my book now, so a lot of my feelings about who is what have changed since then. More importantly, I don't like Shteven's play in the last 4 or 5 pages, from asking for everyone to place a vote (I don't see why a townie would want to gauge the overall feeling of the players in the game - I do however, see this being something scum would really like to know to adjust their strategy) to his interaction with TCS and Glork recently. I think there are plenty of points against Shteven from earlier in the game as well; you'll notice that I have voted him on again and off again throughout the course of the game. Right now I feel that he and White are our best opportunity for nailing scum.

Later tonight I should have time to reread the last weeks worth of posts and actually put something together. I'll try and clarify my feelings about Shteven and White and answer any questions that people have then.
Show
[i]Frisch weht der Wind
Der Heimat zu
Mein Irisch Kind,
Wo weilest du?

Oed' und leer das Meer.[/i]

Und sagt die Zauberw├â┬Ârter Simsalbimbamba Saladu Saladim
Shteven
Shteven
Goon
Shteven
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2721 (ISO) » Sat Oct 06, 2007 10:51 am

Post by Shteven »

Important note
: I wrote this post as white/BT made their posts which are now above this. White more or less confirmed what I said about him, and billy is making a presence which is most welcome. I look forward to trying to straighten this out tonight/tomorrow. I haven't modified this post too much because it's just too extensive. Gave BT credit for being busy.

Mod Note: Due to a counting error, the majority of the majority is 4 votes. Not 3 votes. At this point in time, there is NO LYNCH.
I feel much better now ;) Interesting three way tie, then.
Yosarian2 wrote:In case that wasn't clear, I would like you to lay out a case why one of the other possible mafia goon suspects would be a better lynch then you, Shteven.
I think it may be more generally useful for me to post thoughts on all players in the event of getting a 4th vote or being NK'ed.

1. Shteven.

I am a townie. Lynching me would be dangerous from a pure numerical standpoint, but I also feel that you'd get more information from my death if I'm night killed tonight. I also am quite curious what my chances of surviving the night are. Being close to lynched generally helps with survival, so they may be pretty good.

2. MrBuddyLee (MBL)

Recieved a lot of pressure for talking about the SK, but I'm not convinced that this makes him one. It may be useful cover for mafia, and he still has a decent chance of being scum, but I'm by no means calling him a certain SK.

Scum through and through. Most likely the godfather. He hasn't really done much to hunt scum. About the only lynch I can think of him trying to push was Glork's - ironically one of the reasons I gave him a break for so long. He has been vote hopping and scheming the entire game. Examples of needing to be the hammer vote, or when he asked if he'd be more likely to survive by defending himself or not defending himself (and as attention to him died down, he eventually went with not defending himself). Seems to be getting away with murder imho.

6.CrashTextDummie

Inhim was hard to get a read on, or perhaps I wasn't paying close enough attention. In the end, I liked inhim well enough and CTD's summaries have sounded honest to me. He's raised suspicions of me but I don't feel they are motived by a hidden agenda, and I think I've addressed them. Or at least some of them.

9. Kinetic

Kinetic I'm much less sure about. His posts certainly seem more serious than BM's, but I don't really feel good about him. It's a rather ironic situation, really. We have a mutual distrust, but both feel that TCS is scum, and so it comes down to who do you distrust more. Mafia is such a positive game :) I think the main reason he's not voting TCS is because he feels that there's too much scum on it. I heartily encourage you to get on TCS kinetic, I am not scum.

12. Glork

I previously gave him 70/30 on being cop/SK, and that's still about right. Mafia would be looking to kill the SK, after all. His willingness to vote for me without putting up a case makes it look very much like he's willing to hide on a popular lynch that seems reasonable enough to get another townie hung. This is SK behavior.

Of course, being doctor protected from mafia nearly eliminates him from being mafia, so most people have simply moved him immediately to town. This does bother me somewhat, as he could still be SK. I suppose talking like a cop worked better than bread crumbing doctor in this game.

15. Billy Twilight

Billy's is the vote on me that troubles me the most. Perhaps I should have appealed to his reason, for I still believe him to be town. Billy, have any of the recent pages changed your mind about voting for me? He has been pretty silent since voting for me, which is a major concern. Updated note: This is due to work issues, but it still concerns me.

16. Jack 16. White

I never liked Jack's short posting style; I have trouble getting information from such short posts. As such, it felt like he was hiding. White's read through strikes me as genuine. And I'll certainly admit (I'd think it's obvious) that I like people who are voting TCS. That's just natural, imho.

17. Rougeben

I do feel that YB was town, and rogue's been pretty clean since. Rogueben and white both share the thoughts that I looked scummy on read through, but then that it cleared up looking back. I'm wondering if this is due to Glork's reputation/arguments against me. Ie, if I'd been outmaneuvered early game, or if I'm just not as good at playing townie as I should be yet. I thought I did a pretty good job, but as a few people agree on this point, I'll take note of that. That said, he has updated his suspects, and is also voting TCS, so I'm fond of that.

18. Nik Zero 18. Yosarian2

Yosarian feels very pro-town to me. Perhaps he's not leading much scum hunting, but he's come in as the voice of reason a few times. I appreciate the honesty of someone who can both believe me to the be the mafia goon and still point out that Glork isn't making any case against me. If he was looking for an easy lynch, he's already got one, and he hasn't jumped on.

Notes on my current wagon:

The three people who are voting for me all seem wrong for different reasons. First, TCS is scum, and would love to kill another townie. That's pretty self-explanatory from my POV.

Glork on the other hand is a bit harder to read. If he's the cop, then I think he's just overconfident on a read. I find it very odd that he never investigated me, yet is now certain that I'm the mafia goon (instead of godfather why?). If he's so certain, why not investigate me? We've been attacking each other since the start of the game. This is one of the reasons why I feel like the possibility of him being the SK is still high. His innocent results are easy to fake with only one player being possibly guilty.

His voting for whoever he feels can get lynched, especially doing it fairly early before the deadline (if someone did that just today, it would be more reasonable) seems like he's looking to build a case without building a case. He refuses to elaborate. It feels like he wants to walk away from the lynch afterwards. Day 5 comes, oops, lynched a townie, oh, I got an innocent result on player X, let's move on.

I imagine that posting any doubts about Glork will probably just jar with the rest of the town and make me look more suspicious. I tried to downplay it earlier in the day, but I'm not bothering to anymore.

Billy Twillight bothers me the most because I believe he's town. However, he's parked his vote on me and is now too busy to post. It's just...troubling that everyone who is voting for me has parked a vote without arguing for it. It's like the lynch that no one wants to happen, but it's risen to the top. This behavior should be examined closely. I'm wondering if they are hoping my defensiveness will cause me to lynch myself. I am a defensive player, but simply because I believe any attack (explicit or implied) should be talked about. Full discussion aids the town.

Ordered Mafia list:

Mafia:
TCS
Kinetic#
MBL#
CTD
White
Rogueben
Yos
Billy
Glork
Shteven

#: Yosarian, these would be my canidadates for mafia goon. In the event that Glork is the SK, then TCS would also be an excellent choice. CTD could also be possible.

Ordered SK list: *

*It should be noted I am not very confident in my SK list. Mafia list should take precedence. I.e., while I think Glork has a good chance at being the SK, since he has practically no chance of being mafia, I'm not looking to lynch him.

Glork
TCS
Yosarian
MBL
CTD
kinetic
white
rogue
billy
shteven

Shteven
Shteven
Goon
Shteven
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2722 (ISO) » Sat Oct 06, 2007 11:03 am

Post by Shteven »

Another small point I'd like to make is about the force I'm trying to drive TCS's lynch with.

I think it's safe to say that if I'm wrong about TCS that I'd almost certainly be lynched for it. So do you think I'm the SK? Is it a gambit the mafia would be willing to make?

Although I do feel that I've developed a bit of tunnel vision since I latched onto him and should have been looking at other targets more, I nevertheless still feel strongly about him.

Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #2723 (ISO) » Sat Oct 06, 2007 11:38 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

(shrug) I'm not really any more certain then I was a day ago, but

vote:shteven

Out of the three bandwagons, he's the most likely to be scum at the moment; if someone was willing to put together a wagon on either Kinetic or Rougeban I'd consider it, but at the moment that seems unlikely.

Also really not liking CTD at the moment; as InHim's replacement, and on his own merits, he's looking like a fairly probably godfather at the moment.
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2724 (ISO) » Sat Oct 06, 2007 11:39 am

Post by Kinetic »

Shteven: Tunnel vision in the late game, in my limited experience, is more of a scum tell then a town tell. In the late game if a scum is allowed to ONLY focus on one player, they are able to effectively skirt really making a choice on anyone else. If someone else comes up as scum, they can easily just say, "Well I thought he was scum all along", or if someone comes up town they can say, "I thought he was town, XXX should be lynched because he forced the town lynch." But as scum, with your tunnel vision you can always just use mob mentality to write off yourself being on a town lynch. "We I wasn't the only one who thought he was scum. Plus I'm just a townie, I don't have any special power to find scum."

So, to answer your question, no I don't think if you're wrong about TCS you'll be lynched because of it. Others have made enough comments about him being scummy that his lynch will not be the ONLY reason for lynching you.

If you are the SK and TCS is mafia, then you made an excellent play. If you're mafia and you think TCS is the SK (even if you 'say' you think he's godfather to distance yourself from the mafia), and he is, you've made a huge play for the mafia.

I don't see how mafiaShteven, SKShteven, or TownShteven is hurt by forcing a TCS lynch, no matter what TCS comes out as. In addition, certain developments may help general scumShteven immensely, and it is not as big of a gambit as you make it out to be.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”