Chaos Diplomacy FINISHED! Who were the survivors?

For completed/abandoned Mish Mash Games.
TheBadOne
TheBadOne
Townie
TheBadOne
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1200 (ISO) » Fri Mar 18, 2016 5:11 am

Post by TheBadOne »

In post 1181, Gale Wing Srock wrote:
In post 1165, ActionDan wrote:
In post 1162, Gale Wing Srock wrote:Agreeing with
Random
there and confirming my order of Army Norway to Belgium.
Working together is fun, lets get 'erm beers and chocolates. Belgium here we come :mrgreen:

STD ought to move into Belgium if you want to make progress.

Yeah that is the plan, but we need an army to support from the main land, otherwise occupying Berlin & Munich would take a while.

DN
and
AcRv
are we confirmed to go with the plan? Getting engaged is my main objective. Let me know if you have major concerns.

I trust my allies, and I expect them to trust me too.

DN Support Holds North Sea
AcRv moves to Edinburgh
Snakes Supports Army to Belgium [
Confirmed
]
STD Supports Army to Belgium [
Confirmed
]
TBO Convoys Army to Belgium
Gale moves to Belgium [
Confirmed
]
Random moves to Kiel / Berlin (based on judgement)
Ani moves to Brest [
Confirmed
] [DN needs to mention why the plan would fail]

Random
and
TBO
, can you please confirm too? Lets get this done.

As far as I know, this plan is still in place? At this point I see no reason not to trust my allies, so if this is still the plan I am willing to go for this.
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1201 (ISO) » Fri Mar 18, 2016 5:24 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

In post 1199, Bellaphant wrote::) I need you and ogml to tell me what you think about me into Budapest and then me helping you into vie next stage? A swap, if you want.

And then how you feel about working with shadow et al generally

I'm curious on why you want to swap positions?

For the second question, you mean Turkey right? They're swallowing the Balkans with Russia. I doubt we'd be able to work with them unless they attack Sev.
DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1202 (ISO) » Fri Mar 18, 2016 5:25 am

Post by DeathNote »

No you can do the army convoy. I never said that wouldn't work, I was just worried about players not following up the next Fall on promises and thus screwing STD out of any territory.

By all means, convoy your army.
Looking for love in Alderaan places.
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #1203 (ISO) » Fri Mar 18, 2016 5:35 am

Post by OhGodMyLife »

TBO, the reason not to trust that plan is that you are one of the people that it possibly leaves out to dry.

And N, that is definitely your cue to try to take Den. If he insists on loyalty to Scandinavia, we are best served trying to eliminate him altogether this year.

DN, I understand your position vis a vis nearby dangers and faraway Germany, but don't let yourselves fall too far behind. Snakes supporting STD into Bel this turn is a better move for you than letting Gale take it and hoping against hope that he'll give it up so STD doesn't get eliminated. For you personally, if you order your fleet to attack NTH this turn you will disrupt the convoy. If you support AcRv into NTH you will not just disrupt the convoy but take control of the space. Just some options to think about. This game is never as straightforward as 'this is my alliance trusty trust trust.' If Germany successfully knocks out Denmark this year you'll gain the upper hand at sea in a major way.

Bella & Mario, I think it is probably safer if Mario simply supports Bella back into Vie this turn rather than trying to swap home centers. We would really benefit from Trieste becoming an active player again, and some up to date information about Cheery and Breeze's plans. Shadow may be trustworthy in the short term (because Turkey doesn't have the right mix of troops yet to push into Austria from the Balkans) but there is practically no way to stop Turkey as a whole from gaining centers every year for the foreseeable future and one of these days they're going to be a tidal wave that crashes over all of us. Until proven otherwise we should consider Drench/Nya/Shadow/Radja to be one huge country that has an enormous supply center lead over the rest of us. Even if there is eventually internal strife, it's going to be quick and dirty and whoever comes out on top will retain most or all of the current Turkish/Sevastopol zone. The one way I'd be comfortable with any sort of deal or alliance with Turkey would be to mount an attack against Italy.
Gale Wing Srock
Gale Wing Srock
Mafia Scum
Gale Wing Srock
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1204 (ISO) » Fri Mar 18, 2016 5:51 am

Post by Gale Wing Srock »

In post 1203, OhGodMyLife wrote:TBO, the reason not to trust that plan is that you are one of the people that it possibly leaves out to dry.

And N, that is definitely your cue to try to take Den. If he insists on loyalty to Scandinavia, we are best served trying to eliminate him altogether this year.

DN, I understand your position vis a vis nearby dangers and faraway Germany, but don't let yourselves fall too far behind. Snakes supporting STD into Bel this turn is a better move for you than letting Gale take it and hoping against hope that he'll give it up so STD doesn't get eliminated. For you personally, if you order your fleet to attack NTH this turn you will disrupt the convoy. If you support AcRv into NTH you will not just disrupt the convoy but take control of the space. Just some options to think about. This game is never as straightforward as 'this is my alliance trusty trust trust.' If Germany successfully knocks out Denmark this year you'll gain the upper hand at sea in a major way.

Yeah I don't mind snakes supporting STD into Belgium this turn. If that is what makes everyone happy, then I will just support hold my units. *shrugs*
Randomnamechange
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1205 (ISO) » Fri Mar 18, 2016 6:05 am

Post by Randomnamechange »

In post 1204, Gale Wing Srock wrote:
In post 1203, OhGodMyLife wrote:TBO, the reason not to trust that plan is that you are one of the people that it possibly leaves out to dry.

Yeah I don't mind snakes supporting STD into Belgium this turn. If that is what makes everyone happy, then I will just support hold my units. *shrugs*

Can you support me?
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #1206 (ISO) » Fri Mar 18, 2016 6:08 am

Post by OhGodMyLife »

Midget, there is no one in position to support your moves against Germany right now. Honestly your best move is going home to Sweden so Gale can't do to you what I did to Diamond, because from a purely strategic standpoint his strongest move right now is to take Sweden this year and consolidate his grip on the whole northeast portion of the map.
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #1207 (ISO) » Fri Mar 18, 2016 6:08 am

Post by OhGodMyLife »

inb4 "we're not all as greedy as you are ogml"
Gale Wing Srock
Gale Wing Srock
Mafia Scum
Gale Wing Srock
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1208 (ISO) » Fri Mar 18, 2016 6:17 am

Post by Gale Wing Srock »

In post 1205, Randomnamechange wrote:Can you support me?

Sure thing, lemme know the details.
ActionDan
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1209 (ISO) » Fri Mar 18, 2016 6:21 am

Post by ActionDan »

In post 1194, Mist7676 wrote:So what am I supposed to be doing this round?

Move to Bur. The northern alliance can send Def to bounce but it doesn't help them at all considering the purpose of your move would be to harass and potentially capture Munich
I'll give you a moment to let that sink in
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #1210 (ISO) » Fri Mar 18, 2016 6:35 am

Post by OhGodMyLife »

It's seeming increasingly silly to me that the northern alliance is just going to give up Brest to ani while he's still a card carrying member of the MedAgree
Randomnamechange
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1211 (ISO) » Fri Mar 18, 2016 6:35 am

In post 1208, Gale Wing Srock wrote:
In post 1205, Randomnamechange wrote:Can you support me?

Sure thing, lemme know the details.

Moving my fleet to Kiel.
Randomnamechange
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1212 (ISO) » Fri Mar 18, 2016 6:38 am

That would give me Kiel and I would be fine to give any captured territories to other people for a while.
DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1213 (ISO) » Fri Mar 18, 2016 6:56 am

Post by DeathNote »

In post 1209, ActionDan wrote:
In post 1194, Mist7676 wrote:So what am I supposed to be doing this round?

Move to Bur. The northern alliance can send Def to bounce but it doesn't help them at all considering the purpose of your move would be to harass and potentially capture Munich

Can we please take note of this?

No this is not happening. Back off Dan, this is a northern thing and I'm not letting two of your pawns enter into our territory. We are giving you Brest already, be happy with that and stop trying to instigate.

Mist please just support Defender into BUR, there is a reason I want him there over you and its because of allegiances. I don't want too have two medagree players surrounding Paris and pushing into Germany. We don't need the help in Germany and Defender can do everything you would be doing in BUR.
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary

Post Post #1214 (ISO) » Fri Mar 18, 2016 6:58 am

Post by Save The Dragons »

Random: Perhaps you can support my invasion of holland in the fall if I nab Belgium in the spring?
Snakes
Snakes
I Will Survive
Snakes
I Will Survive
I Will Survive

Post Post #1215 (ISO) » Fri Mar 18, 2016 7:00 am

Post by Snakes »

I'm confused. So I should change my order to support STD into Belgium?
Randomnamechange
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1216 (ISO) » Fri Mar 18, 2016 7:00 am

In post 1214, Save The Dragons wrote:Random: Perhaps you can support my invasion of holland in the fall if I nab Belgium in the spring?

Yeah, assuming nothing else comes up this sounds good (i.e. if I don't need to defend I will)
Randomnamechange
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1217 (ISO) » Fri Mar 18, 2016 7:01 am

In post 1215, Snakes wrote:I'm confused. So I should change my order to support STD into Belgium?

I think so.
DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1218 (ISO) » Fri Mar 18, 2016 7:03 am

Post by DeathNote »

The convoy thing isn't happening? Ok so is TBO going back home this turn then?

If so, ACR should move into the NTH Sea now. I'm fine with STD just taking Belgium this turn.
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary

Post Post #1219 (ISO) » Fri Mar 18, 2016 7:04 am

Post by Save The Dragons »

I am willing to do either plan but if I can get two territories by year's end I would be very happy.
DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1220 (ISO) » Fri Mar 18, 2016 7:16 am

Post by DeathNote »

In post 1219, Save The Dragons wrote:I am willing to do either plan but if I can get two territories by year's end I would be very happy.

This is actually not possible as you only have one Fleet and can only gain a supply by controlling it when Fall ends. Controlling it at the end of spring does nothing. You can still push into Holland next year but you won't have 2 supply if Ani ends up taking Brest.
Randomnamechange
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1221 (ISO) » Fri Mar 18, 2016 7:17 am

OK, in that case I'll support you into Holland next year after you take Belgium?
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #1222 (ISO) » Fri Mar 18, 2016 7:17 am

Post by OhGodMyLife »

And this is why giving up Brest to ani still feels like a stupid move for the Great Northern Alliance, to mention nothing of the incredibly important strategic position of Brest vis a vis Paris and Great Britain. There is no way for STD to gain a build if he doesn't retain control of his home center. You guys are rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic the way you're going.
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #1223 (ISO) » Fri Mar 18, 2016 7:19 am

Post by OhGodMyLife »

And whether you're for me or against me, Northerners and Scandinavians, you must see that it is not in your best interest for my centers to fall to the MedAgree while you all diddle about playing swapsies with them.
Randomnamechange
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1224 (ISO) » Fri Mar 18, 2016 7:26 am

In post 1223, OhGodMyLife wrote:And whether you're for me or against me, Northerners and Scandinavians, you must see that it is not in your best interest for my centers to fall to the MedAgree while you all diddle about playing swapsies with them.

I concur. Hence the Germany invasion.
@Anyone, is it possible for Gae to support me into Kiel?

Return to “Sens-O-Tape Archive”