Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2016 11:00 am

Post by Boonskiies »

Actually, if it helps, I think Knight is town because of the defensiveness stuff? Haha.

Unvote

RVS off. Next, please.
"Let it be known that almost everything Boonskiies said is either hilarious or annoying." - Shinobi

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
. That's my main; I just mod on
Boonskiies
Sayaka Maizono
Sayaka Maizono
Townie
Sayaka Maizono
Townie
Townie

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2016 11:01 am

Post by Sayaka Maizono »

In post 172, knightmare wrote:Again, look at post again I think it's pretty obvious he is not being objective.

Again I think he is on the wrong track here but I don't think it's a scum trait. The point about "trying to look calm and collected", I think is reasonable even though I don't anymore think it holds water, I remember feeling similarly about your posts when I first saw them. The last sentence is a bunch of rhetoric but town can say things like that as easily as scum can (i.e. to employ pressure).

In post 173, Almost50 wrote:1- Main Original Reason: You jumped on knightmare as their 4th voter with a naked vote. At first I assumed it was a belated RVS, but when he asked you gave a hell of a narrative of his "bad reaction". I don't agree with your reasoning to have voted him in the first place, but still it could've been a bad read. HOWEVER, when voting him FOR A REASON you should've introduced your case on the spot. Not doing so makes it look more like "Let me try to get in the mix, and if something goes wrong I could back track and claim it was RVS".

You do realize that my reasons for voting knightmare were always my reasons for voting him? I usually agree that yes, it is better to lay out your reasoning. However, in the early stages, it can be sometimes useful to hold your cards close to the chest, for reactions. For example, some random person might have made a bad jump on the wagon after my vote, when if I altered the flow of the game by bringing up reasons to discuss they wouldn't have done it. That is just one example but there could be others.

What is your logic behind assuming I would have laid out all my reasoning immediately?

In post 173, Almost50 wrote:2- Secondary Original Reason: Your counter argument to his defense sucked. You accused him of "not considering the motivations behind Sakura's posts and instead are just posturing here.". However, you yourself refused to consider his "I did want to generate discussion/reactions" as his motive.

I pretty obviously did and if you had read my post you would know that my reasoning for scum reading him had nothing to do with his initial wagon jump which Sakura criticized him for. My issue with him was entirely based on his reaction to Sakura's push.

In post 173, Almost50 wrote:3- NEW Additional Reason: In #166 you state "I will retract my previous scum read on knightmare. I also think he is town." at one point, but you conclude your post with "I need some time to sit before deciding where I want to move my vote.". I don't see why you would want to keep parking your vote on someone you already read as town. If you can't decide on whom you want to vote for there's always the unvote option for a start. Keeping your vote on a town read is saying something and doing the opposite. It's even worse than stating someone is scummy without voting them because they're "unsure about it".

Again, I pretty severely have to question your logic here. Think about it again, and keep in mind knightmare is no longer in any danger of being lynched. Functionally, what is the difference between leaving my vote on him and removing it?
Sayaka Maizono
Sayaka Maizono
Townie
Sayaka Maizono
Townie
Townie

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2016 11:03 am

Post by Sayaka Maizono »

Tbh, reading Lowell's again, I think the way he openly straight up admitted his push was in majority sheeping someone else is a town tell. I wouldn't really expect scum who are going for the "fake aggression" approach to do that. They would be all over it claiming that they had original reasons for knight being scum, not "meh someone else came up with this but it's dead on".

I don't really think he has such a strong scum read as people are claiming he is, I think people are taking issue with his methodology for pushing reads.
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2016 11:10 am

Post by mhsmith0 »

In post 199, Boonskiies wrote:I don't have any reads yet. I don't have reasons for doing anything. I'm waiting for stuff to happen.

Do you have a rough estimate for when you'll be more dialed into the thread? Laziness early D1... dislike but shit happens. Laziness for all of D1... makes me not a happy camper.

As for actual content, I need to re-read some of this stuff myself. I'm sure I'll have that done by next week :lol: (more seriously, by tomorrow, maybe tnight).
Madonna
Madonna
Goon
Madonna
Goon
Goon

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2016 11:17 am

Post by Madonna »

@mhsmith0, : Things are getting messy. Here is a clean response.

1. You misunderstand. You talk about board meta, which is something I do not recognize. I say what is available in this thread, this game, is what matters. I then extended my argument against any future uses of "meta".

2a. Refer to Garmr's . That RVS vote changed from RVS to serious, but it stayed on the same person. If you need help evaluating votes, then you probably need help evaluating reads and everything else. You can probably do it just fine without me being further condescending.

2b. A vote is a vote. I do not see why you are trying to differentiate between the "types". Whether you feel a vote is reasonable and legitimate is up to you. Whether I agree with you is up to me.

3. Almost50 is not the fight I decided to have, and no one asked me to weigh in on that player specifically. His reads can be different than mine, as can everyone else's about everyone else. You seem to be working in a very black and white world; things are much more grey than that.
Make the right decision,
VOTE: Madonna
knightmare
knightmare
Goon
knightmare
Goon
Goon

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2016 11:17 am

Post by knightmare »

In post 202, Sayaka Maizono wrote:Tbh, reading Lowell's again, I think the way he openly straight up admitted his push was in majority sheeping someone else is a town tell. I wouldn't really expect scum who are going for the "fake aggression" approach to do that. They would be all over it claiming that they had original reasons for knight being scum, not "meh someone else came up with this but it's dead on".

I don't really think he has such a strong scum read as people are claiming he is, I think people are taking issue with his methodology for pushing reads.

You're over thinking it imo. Like how can he sheep without knowing the details of the argument? It's bullshit. It's lazy town at best and opportunistic scum at worst.

We can agree to disagree but he still hasn't done shit to make me think he is town.
Madonna
Madonna
Goon
Madonna
Goon
Goon

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2016 11:19 am

Post by Madonna »

In post 199, Boonskiies wrote:I don't have any reads yet. I don't have reasons for doing anything. I'm waiting for stuff to happen.

Welcome to Boonskiies, you poor souls.

Life is better when he is already on a wagon you join versus later, since he will happily quickhammer just about anything. So be careful with your L-1's.
Make the right decision,
knightmare
knightmare
Goon
knightmare
Goon
Goon

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2016 11:21 am

Post by knightmare »

In post 200, Boonskiies wrote:Actually, if it helps, I think Knight is town because of the defensiveness stuff? Haha.

Unvote

RVS off. Next, please.

It doesn't.

I don't understand why you went out of your way to specify your vote on me was random after you pointed out I was doing something that you apparently perceive as a scum tell.

Which is also why you are now town reading me apparently.

Explain?
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2016 11:23 am

Post by Sakura Hana »

In post 196, Madonna wrote:You are clearly going places, Sakura Hana.

Ah but i got a reaction out of fingering someone :lol:
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2016 11:27 am

Post by Sakura Hana »

In post 206, Madonna wrote:

Life is better when he is already on a wagon you join versus later, since he will happily quickhammer just about anything. So be careful with your L-1's.

So Ika v 2.0?
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
chilledtea
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2016 11:43 am

Post by chilledtea »

Oh man.

Boon is scum, lowell is prob scum and madonna is prob scum too. Although madonna is a slight read.

Can we just decide on one of these. I would go for boon though.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2016 11:53 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 185, Boonskiies wrote:I'll catch up tomorrow. Busy past couple of days. Party tonight for Saint patty's, woot woot.

Warning.. warning.. Scummy vibes detected. Please beware and consider taking action.

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
Madonna
Madonna
Goon
Madonna
Goon
Goon

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2016 11:54 am

Post by Madonna »

@knightmare, : Paragraph responses.

1. It is true; you had not been very helpful up to his , just defensive. And emotional, and prone to get further emotional, all over-defensive. In that he was right, and in that I agreed.

2. Townies do not need to sweat much about a Day 1 lynch. Without better scumreads, lynching knightmare is no big thing.

3. chilledtea moved to Sayaka Maizono once you reached four votes. Sakura Hana unvoted once you hit five. is good.

4. : it is possible you OMGUSed. : post references would have been great, but it is like he has conviction to stand by his vote. Not scummy.
Make the right decision,
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2016 11:55 am

Post by mhsmith0 »

In post 211, Almost50 wrote:
In post 185, Boonskiies wrote:I'll catch up tomorrow. Busy past couple of days. Party tonight for Saint patty's, woot woot.

Warning.. warning.. Scummy vibes detected. Please beware and consider taking action.

The theory being?
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2016 11:56 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 199, Boonskiies wrote:I don't have reasons for doing anything. I'm waiting for stuff to happen.

More scummy vibes. Yikes. :shifty:

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:01 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

In post 185, Boonskiies wrote:
I'll catch up tomorrow.
Busy past couple of days. Party tonight for Saint patty's, woot woot.

God damn to the people saying when I'd catch up. Read the god damn thread. Don't get mad at me for not doing something when you aren't doing it either.

Pisses me off when people do that. Like seriously. Holy fuck. Fine, looks like all y'all get sticks up yo butts that I have to sit down and fucking analyst everything. K,
INCOMING
"Let it be known that almost everything Boonskiies said is either hilarious or annoying." - Shinobi

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:09 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

So what I'm getting at, is you guys are fucking scum reading me for:

a) During Random Voting Stage, I vote knight saying the reason was because I didn't feel like reading his post. Come on. Seriously? It's fucking RVS. Then, I go on to explain how I feel about defensiveness in itself by saying scum caught out for wrong reasons tend to defend more, which I agree where town turns it into scum hunting. I'm on a phone right now, or is be quoting, but I believe almost was a big perp of pushing this. Sure, I understand why Knight saw that as scummy, he has conf bias because it was targeted towards him and he got tunnely defensive out of it.

b) I post and basically apologize for not being caught up, so I say I'll catch up tomorrow because today I'll be busy because, you know, St. Patrick's day, not like a 21 year old like myself is so unthought of of going to a party and getting turnt. That's so unlikely guys, right? Almost, your scum as fuck. It's page fucking 9; "this is scummy" why? Why is it scummy? Explain it to me.

(If it wasn't almost, I apologize, I'll relook after I post)

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:11 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

In post 209, Sakura Hana wrote:
In post 206, Madonna wrote:

So Ika v 2.0?

Nah, I'm Boonskiies v 1.0. Original. One of a kind. I even have a catchphrase when I hammer.

Oddly, Ika and I were on the same Team Mafia team last year, haha.

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:14 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

In post 214, Almost50 wrote:
In post 199, Boonskiies wrote:I don't have reasons for doing anything. I'm waiting for stuff to happen.

More scummy vibes. Yikes. :shifty:

This is seriously all you fucking got about this? It's fucking easy to do this. Watch. What the hell do you want me to do? I gave you a fantastic
unalignment indicative
statement about why I will be fucking busy today, and now I'm taking up my time to do this. You're god damn welcome. It's page 9. Nothing has happened. I am known for being good AFTER information is revealed into this game. I am known to end days with a quick hammer, AS TOWN, so we can move on from nothingness and actually get to figuring out the game.

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:17 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

In post 162, Almost50 wrote:Thank you. I will also join, so Lowell is @ L-2

VOTE: Lowell

You can start talking anytime now, Lowell.

WARNING WARNING SCUMMY VIBES DETECTED.

This is your second time you've been the person to put to L-2, like come on. Just looking for something to stick and go for it. Now you are onto me, holy fuck.

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:19 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

In post 160, Almost50 wrote:
In post 155, chilledtea wrote:Why? I think Madonna is scum.

Lowell is prob scum too.

So vote the one with more votes on them to actually pressure them. Starting a new wagon when we already have 3 going on is not a good idea, unless you genuinely scum read her and have a case convincing enough to push her all the way.

I just want the town to work together, so we move on in packs to resolve individuals. So, come the time we do need to commit to a lynch each of us has enough conviction to vote for X, Y or Z. Wagons of 1 or 2 people are not exactly productive at this time.

YIKES MORE SCUMMY VIBES

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:21 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

VOTE: Almost

Pushing for anything to stick, keeps L-2ing, not reasoning scum reads just saying scummy, hoping something sticks. Fuck with me more, scum.

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:22 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

In post 44, chilledtea wrote:Defensiveness over minor things is a scum tell imo.

In post 47, chilledtea wrote:VOTE: Sayaka Maizono

This was town as hell from chilled. Moving off of the obvious RVS wagon after it got too big and enough reaction was out to be gauged, even after having the same opinion as I on the defensiveness.

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:29 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

In post 213, mhsmith0 wrote:

The theory being?

Thank you; have some Boonie points.

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:30 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

Now I'll read up on your guys' damn Lowell push more.

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”