Edgar Allan Pro
Goon
Edgar Allan Pro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2016 6:18 am

Post by Edgar Allan Pro »

This isn't the first time someone's said 'FB feels town to me';
Maybe that's why Anti wants to defer to FB?
Doesn't feel good.
Both heads of a hydra should represent.
Speaking of, I really need to skype my other head. We haven't touched base since we got our role PM.

-V
It is possible -- indeed it is far more than probable -- that he was innocent of all participation in the bloody transactions which took place. The Ourang-Outang may have escaped from him. He may have traced it to the chamber; but, under the agitating circumstances which ensued, he could never have recaptured it. It is still at large.
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2016 6:22 am

Post by SirCakez »

Fire is really hard for me to read since he jokes around so much so deferring the control of the hydra to him feels like a scum move to me.
Edgar Allan Pro
Edgar Allan Pro
Goon
Edgar Allan Pro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2016 6:27 am

I could see the town logic behind it if you agree that town wants to be survivalistic, but I've always adhered to the philosophy that town should just wear their guts on the outside for everyone to see.
It is possible -- indeed it is far more than probable -- that he was innocent of all participation in the bloody transactions which took place. The Ourang-Outang may have escaped from him. He may have traced it to the chamber; but, under the agitating circumstances which ensued, he could never have recaptured it. It is still at large.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2016 6:32 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 325, Edgar Allan Pro wrote:This isn't the first time someone's said 'FB feels town to me';

Were they right?

I did a test this morning - I read the beginning of his ISOs in several games without checking his alignment beforehand, and I read him right in 4 of 5 games (the fifth I wasn't right or wrong, I couldn't get a feel one way or the other). Those weren't hydras, but he was operating mostly solo at the beginning of this one.
Specter Deflectors
Specter Deflectors
Goon
Specter Deflectors
Goon
Goon

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2016 6:33 am

Post by Specter Deflectors »

In post 327, Edgar Allan Pro wrote:I could see the town logic behind it if you agree that town wants to be survivalistic, but I've always adhered to the philosophy that town should just wear their guts on the outside for everyone to see.

I didnt interpret it as an act of survivalism, i just saw someone who was fed up with the game
But if it was survivalism, then why are you reading other people on a standard that you hold yourself to?

And the shiro vote is largely just what hound said about shiro interactions with cakez in addition to my desire for shiro to respond to it.
Hydra of errantparbaobal and MaxwellPuckett. 97% ghost-proof, patent pending.

"fwiw, I think you're both two of the best folks around (I never said this, sh)" - hiplop
Edgar Allan Pro
Edgar Allan Pro
Goon
Edgar Allan Pro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2016 6:36 am

@Specter: I tend to think that scum are the ones who try to keep up appearances, whereas town are more prone to just playing a 'genuine' game.

In post 328, Persivul wrote:
In post 325, Edgar Allan Pro wrote:This isn't the first time someone's said 'FB feels town to me';

Were they right?

I did a test this morning - I read the beginning of his ISOs in several games without checking his alignment beforehand, and I read him right in 4 of 5 games (the fifth I wasn't right or wrong, I couldn't get a feel one way or the other). Those weren't hydras, but he was operating mostly solo at the beginning of this one.

Numbers-wise, if you always guessed 'town', you'd be right three out of four times anyway. :P
Hellhound
Hellhound
Goon
Hellhound
Goon
Goon

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2016 6:39 am

Post by Hellhound »

In post 326, SirCakez wrote:Fire is really hard for me to read since he jokes around so much so deferring the control of the hydra to him feels like a scum move to me.

its a move to preserve my sanity

the absolute ONLY reason im not subbing out right now is bc ive been saying i would hydra w fire for a while and ive wanted to do it so im doing it.

also ive been incredibly transparent w my thought process re: the reads ive talked about so far. apricity could follow it but for some reason everyone else is playing dumb and varsoons just talking out his ass
Hydra of Firebringer and AntiHero
Edgar Allan Pro
Edgar Allan Pro
Goon
Edgar Allan Pro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2016 6:44 am

<3
I'm sorry for driving you mad, yo.
Hellhound
Hellhound
Goon
Hellhound
Goon
Goon

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2016 6:48 am

Post by Hellhound »

i had a feeling before this game that i would clash w this playerlist and turns out i did

i am not going to be able to post in this thread without getting pissed. guess what that beta blockers comment wasnt actually a joke.

so yeah scumread for me for it if you must but its what i have to do
Hydra of Firebringer and AntiHero
lane0168
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2016 7:11 am

Post by lane0168 »

Damn you've all been busy little bees huh?

Either post or don't post, quit saying you can't, and then post.
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2016 7:16 am

Post by Flubbernugget »

In post 301, Edgar Allan Pro wrote:Image
Don't pull that 'erryone is kicking me man feels bad' appeal.
You did open the game with a spooky gif.
Besides, this sounds like scum-caught-for-the-wrong-reasons.
What don't you agree with with regards to how Max, Flubber, and Cakes are pushing you?
Why does it seem like 'getting kicked in the face'? Even I thought your all-caps outburst post was a bit much, mayne.

-V

In addition to this, was I even pushing you?
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2016 7:18 am

Post by Flubbernugget »

In post 308, Edgar Allan Pro wrote:For you;

This post is Flubber approved
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2016 7:27 am

Post by Flubbernugget »

In post 314, Edgar Allan Pro wrote:Given the first chance of swinging a counterwagon--when SirCakes was shown to have some vote support, Hellhound went for it.

This is 100% factually wrong
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2016 7:29 am

Post by Flubbernugget »

In post 319, Persivul wrote:
In post 318, Edgar Allan Pro wrote:The speed at which the wagon picked up on Hellhound and then dropped, followed by Hellhound still seeming tense to the point of wanting Firebringer to run damage control just strikes me as particularly weird.

What strikes me as weird is the way you push HH, but throw in some seeming coaching posts like and .

That's not coaching, it's scolding
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2016 7:30 am

Post by Flubbernugget »

In post 328, Persivul wrote:

Were they right?

I would like you to quantify this
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2016 7:34 am

Post by Flubbernugget »

I don't think hellhound is scum anymore

I do like my vote for scum still. I would like to see more aggressive pushes from Sircakez.

I would be willing to compromise lynch eap come deadline. I don't like his push on hellhound
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2016 7:39 am

Post by Persivul »

Why do you want quantification since you no longer scum read them either? How will my citing game numbers help your reads? I'll do it if you have a good answer, but rn I don't see the motivation for the request.
Edgar Allan Pro
Edgar Allan Pro
Goon
Edgar Allan Pro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2016 7:40 am

There we go, Flubbadub-dub.
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2016 7:43 am

Post by Flubbernugget »

In post 341, Persivul wrote:Why do you want quantification since you no longer scum read them either? How will my citing game numbers help your reads? I'll do it if you have a good answer, but rn I don't see the motivation for the request.

Quantification is the wrong word.

I want you to put the way you read firebringer into words because you were probably saying town more than scum, which statistically makes your "read" on him more likely to be correct
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2016 7:45 am

Post by Persivul »

And that will affect your reads...how? This isn't statistics class.
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2016 7:47 am

Post by Flubbernugget »

Because right now I'm basing my read off the anti head

Your resistance to trying to explain a read is also duly noted
Specter Deflectors
Specter Deflectors
Goon
Specter Deflectors
Goon
Goon

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2016 9:57 am

Anti, I didn't mean to piss you off, seriously don't know why I did. That level of interaction is something I'd expect between two players in a mafia game, and I think you blew it out of proportion. I obviously said something that i didnt intend and im sorry for that. Still, your reaction leaves me unsure of your alignment. But that's just my opinion, and I'll drop the subject that started this, and just focus on Firebringer for a while.
And hi Varsoon! <3
Hiplop howd I miss that you were in this game?
Persivul I think you should answer. Pros point was that people often 'feel' Fire is town, and that doesn't seem to have a lot to do with his alignment. So, in those games where you read him right, was he scum of town? It's an important distinction.
- Max

"fwiw, I think you're both two of the best folks around (I never said this, sh)" - hiplop
Specter Deflectors
Specter Deflectors
Goon
Specter Deflectors
Goon
Goon

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2016 9:59 am

In post 256, Hellhound wrote:Specter, can I just say. I really like your guys avatar.

Thanks man. Now I just need to get Errant to write the Sig...
- Max

hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2016 10:26 am

Post by hiplop »

im sneaky max dw about it
third best scummer of all time
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2016 10:37 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 346, Specter Deflectors wrote:Persivul I think you should answer. Pros point was that people often 'feel' Fire is town, and that doesn't seem to have a lot to do with his alignment. So, in those games where you read him right, was he scum of town? It's an important distinction.

Here you go. You can try it yourself if you like.
Mini 1767
Correct scum read

Micro 570
Correct town read

Mini Normal 1740
Correct scum read

Micro 579
No read - he was replaced and the slot was town

Blitz 14
Correct town read

And no, I'm not going to go into detail on how I got the reads.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”