mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #525 (ISO) » Fri Sep 12, 2003 10:13 am

Post by mathcam »

I guess we're still waiting from Werebear, mikehart, and Dourgrim. Especially from Dourgrim with regards to where he got his CRiX info.

Cam
Dourgrim
Dourgrim
Yep. Again.
Dourgrim
Yep. Again.
Yep. Again.

Post Post #526 (ISO) » Fri Sep 12, 2003 10:31 am

Post by Dourgrim »

It seemed obvious to me (when I did receive information on jadesmar) that
someone
was sending out investigation results, but I didn't know who until now. I never received any information on DP, for what it's worth... I did receive the jadesmar information on Night 3, though, which means that I now consider rite cleared. Of course, it has been pointed out that
I'm
not cleared right now, so take that information however you want.

And, to be blunt, I'm not telling you where I got my CRiX info, but I will tell you that I did not get it from rite. Obviously, if I didn't get the info from rite, I got it from somewhere else... and I am
still
not going to role-claim, period. Suffice it to say that I (equally obviously) have a role with certain minor investigative abilities... which is why I went after mlaker so hard, by the way, and risked my neck by almost being bandwagonned in order to pursue him to a lynch.
[size=75]The point of the journey is not to arrive...[/size]
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #527 (ISO) » Fri Sep 12, 2003 10:47 am

Post by mathcam »

Obviously, if I didn't get the info from rite, I got it from somewhere else
This is not obvious to me. How do I know you didn't make it up?
Suffice it to say that I (equally obviously) have a role with certain minor investigative abilities...
This is not obvious to me. How do I know someone else didn't communicate it to you at night somehow?

In general, I applaud your stance on role-claiming. But if there's one thing I believe in more firmly than not role-claiming, it's never holding fast to a generic guideline when strongly mitigating circumstances exist. You have just as good a chance of being lynched for being so stubborn as you do from revealing your role and having no one believe it.

Cam
mole
mole
die suck die
mole
die suck die
die suck die

Post Post #528 (ISO) » Fri Sep 12, 2003 3:47 pm

Post by mole »

I didn't receive any info about DP on Night 1 either.
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #529 (ISO) » Fri Sep 12, 2003 6:22 pm

Post by massive »

Well. I guess no one got the info that DP was innocent, rite. Any ideas how that might have happened? I guess it's up to whether you believe rite or you believe Dourgrim, since mathcam and mole are both confirmed townies and didn't receive the info.

Personally, I don't think I believe either one.
rite
rite
Shameless Bandwagoner
rite
Shameless Bandwagoner
Shameless Bandwagoner

Post Post #530 (ISO) » Sat Sep 13, 2003 6:41 am

Post by rite »

vote: Dourgrim

I want to force a role claim. He smells like sum, and I'd bet dollars to doughnuts he got my information night one.
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #531 (ISO) » Sat Sep 13, 2003 6:45 am

Post by massive »

Yeah, unfortunately I think I agree. We've gotten all the info we're going to get from rite ... there's no way to proceed now but force Dourgrim to mess up.

vote Dourgrim
Someone
Someone
Well, we gotta remove Someone
Someone

Post Post #532 (ISO) » Sat Sep 13, 2003 6:51 am

Post by Someone »

FOS: Werebear, mikehart Vote: Dourgrim

Didn't we agree that we had to make these people role-claim? If they are pro-town they have nothing to gain by prolonging the wait.
This is just here so my posts don't look so ugly when I edit them.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #533 (ISO) » Sat Sep 13, 2003 3:05 pm

Post by MeMe »

Count:

Dourgrim
(3):
rite, massive, Someone

Werebear
(1):
Sugar

Not voting (9):
Dourgrim, Dragon Phoenix, Fishbulb, jadesmar, mathcam, mikehart, mole, Norinel, Werebear
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza
Dragon Phoenix
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Don't shoot the mod

Post Post #534 (ISO) » Sat Sep 13, 2003 7:31 pm

Post by Dragon Phoenix »

Vote Dourgrim
Sugar
Sugar
moderately caffeinated
Sugar
moderately caffeinated
moderately caffeinated

Post Post #535 (ISO) » Sun Sep 14, 2003 2:25 pm

Post by Sugar »

I don't see the point in going after Dourgrim right now, when he's adamantly refusing to role-claim. What if there's some sort of condition where he cannot reveal? Who knows, but if I were he, and scum, I'd make up something a little easier to accept than what he's doing.
And now, for whoever's interested, my list of suspects from strongest to weakest: Werebear, mikehart, rite, Dourgrim, and then Fishbulb. Werebear and mikehart, because nobody's cleared them and they seem to be recently silent. Rite, though he could somehow have accurate info, may be telling the truth about his role, but not about his motive. I cannot believe Vizzini would be pro-town, and that role having the ability to confuse the town with "helpful" info would make him sneakier, wouldn't it? Dourgrim, because he revealed two previously-revealed innocents and his recent actions are confusing, yet very risky for scum to take, and finally Fishbulb, because the ones who've "cleared" him are rite and Dourgrim.
Now, let me clear this up:
mathcam wrote:No one's clear Dourgrim, Sugar, or Dragon Phoenix (Phoniex) per se, but they claim to have investigative roles...
I don't have an investigative role, nor have I ever claimed to. I simply got bonus info one night from rite. It must have been from him, as I never said which night it was, and he knew.
[color=#500000] [size=75]Man! Today is so loopy! - The Tick[/size][/color]
mikehart
mikehart
Dourgrim Jr.
mikehart
Dourgrim Jr.
Dourgrim Jr.

Post Post #536 (ISO) » Sun Sep 14, 2003 2:34 pm

Post by mikehart »

i dont like Dourgrims story so i will
vote: Dourgrim
V/LA every weekend for awhile.

I officially owe Maruchan.
Dragon Phoenix
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Don't shoot the mod

Post Post #537 (ISO) » Sun Sep 14, 2003 10:25 pm

Post by Dragon Phoenix »

From Monday 22 September until Monday 20 October I will be offline, due to business trips and holiday.
If I'm still alive next Monday, I will need to get replaced. Apologies.
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #538 (ISO) » Mon Sep 15, 2003 3:40 am

Post by mathcam »

I don't see the point in going after Dourgrim right now, when he's adamantly refusing to role-claim. What if there's some sort of condition where he cannot reveal? Who knows, but if I were he, and scum, I'd make up something a little easier to accept than what he's doing.
This is, of course, possible, but it sounds to me like Dourgrim "revolutionizing" his game play by making the decision to never role claim, whether goor or bad, and whether or not it's best for the town.

I'd still like to hear from mikehart and Werebear about their roles...If it comes down to a choice between the three of them, though, I'm definitely going after Dourgrim.

Cam
Fishbulb
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #539 (ISO) » Mon Sep 15, 2003 4:50 am

Post by Fishbulb »

Sugar wrote:...and finally Fishbulb, because the ones who've "cleared" him are rite and Dourgrim.
And you.

But I guess you're trying to say that the information was false in the first place. Seeing as how the info came out, and rite's role claim, I think it's safe to say the information provided is accurate. I agree that doesn't necessarily mean he is pro-town. In fact, since he is "for hire", he might have a side switching property that even he is unaware of. Maybe if he targets the right person, or vice versa.

As for Dourgrim, he may be acting suspicious, but Werebear and mikehart have not responded in any way to rite's information and the mass role claim.
[url=http://fishbulb515.blogspot.com/][b]Fishblog![/b][/url]
Dourgrim
Dourgrim
Yep. Again.
Dourgrim
Yep. Again.
Yep. Again.

Post Post #540 (ISO) » Mon Sep 15, 2003 5:44 pm

Post by Dourgrim »

OK, I have only one thing to say about this bandwagon forming (again!) on me: if you people don't believe me, then please explain my gigantic crusade against mlaker (aka Count Rugen) at the risk of my own safety. How do you think I knew who to go after? And if I was scum, why in the world would I push so hard, not only against a Mafia, but also attract so much attention to myself? Come ON, people, think about it!

And, for all of you who are voting for me specifically to hear a roleclaim...
go get bent
. I'm not going to cave on this one because
I shouldn't have to
. I haven't done anything except stick my neck out on the Town's behalf and lead the charge in nailing a scum, and now you want a roleclaim from me for no reason... and then cite my refusal to give it as evidence that I'm scum. No way, I'm not buying it. As a matter of fact,
vote: mikehart
for excessively sheep-like behavior. You give a BS one line vote post like that while leaping onto a bandwagon going after someone who's been right in there nailing baddies. Talk about suspicious!
Werebear
Werebear
Cursed One
Werebear
Cursed One
Cursed One

Post Post #541 (ISO) » Tue Sep 16, 2003 2:51 am

Post by Werebear »

I have been following, and am glad of the mass role claim (someone want to make a Big List?), but I'm afraid I can't reveal my role, as it would change the game, probably in a bad way. I know that's dreadfully inadequate, but you're going to have to use a little trust this time.

As to the current situation we're in... I'm not sure if the other two have roles similar to mine, but I do agree with Dour that mikehart deliberately bandwagon leapt to make sure the heat isn't on him.

Vote: mikehart
[color=green]Anyhoo, why is it suspicious that I get confused with a mattress?[/color]
--Wacky, HHGG3 - Life, The Universe, and Everything mafia
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #542 (ISO) » Tue Sep 16, 2003 3:10 am

Post by MeMe »

Here's the Latest
Count:

Dourgrim
(5):
rite, massive, Someone, Dragon Phoenix, mikehart

mikehart
(2):
Dourgrim, Werebear

Werebear
(1):
Sugar

Not voting (5):
Fishbulb, jadesmar, mathcam, mole, Norinel

Need 7
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #543 (ISO) » Tue Sep 16, 2003 4:31 am

Post by mathcam »

Dourgrim, I thought you went after Someone, not mlaker. And Someone's somewhat cleared right about now, so don't claim your 1 for 2 record is proof of an investigative role.

I want a roleclaim from mikehart.

Cam
Fishbulb
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #544 (ISO) » Tue Sep 16, 2003 4:34 am

Post by Fishbulb »

mathcam wrote:I want a roleclaim from mikehart.
I agree. I don't like the fact that Dourgrim and Werebear are refusing to roleclaim, but at least they are taking a position.

Vote: mikehart
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #545 (ISO) » Tue Sep 16, 2003 6:37 am

Post by massive »

I went back and re-read Dourgrim's posts during the day mlaker was lynched. It doesn't seem like he has extra knowledge that mlaker is scum at the beginning of the day; in fact, he steamrolls on Someone for a good long while until the tide starts to turn on himself and mlaker gets in over his head. I could see his claim working if he was #1 or #2 to vote for mlaker ... but at the time he votes, he's #6. *shrug* Seems inconsistent with what he's claiming.

(Also, if he's claiming a semi-investigative town role, why isn't he divulging everything in the interest of just out-and-out winning the game?)
mikehart
mikehart
Dourgrim Jr.
mikehart
Dourgrim Jr.
Dourgrim Jr.

Post Post #546 (ISO) » Tue Sep 16, 2003 3:25 pm

Post by mikehart »

fine, im a Florin townsperson. and if you want proof... there is a corny line in parenthesis
V/LA every weekend for awhile.

I officially owe Maruchan.
Sugar
Sugar
moderately caffeinated
Sugar
moderately caffeinated
moderately caffeinated

Post Post #547 (ISO) » Tue Sep 16, 2003 5:00 pm

Post by Sugar »

Well, now I have to revise my scummish list: Werebear, rite, Dourgrim, Fishbulb. :shock:
[color=#500000] [size=75]Man! Today is so loopy! - The Tick[/size][/color]
Dourgrim
Dourgrim
Yep. Again.
Dourgrim
Yep. Again.
Yep. Again.

Post Post #548 (ISO) » Tue Sep 16, 2003 7:30 pm

Post by Dourgrim »

massive wrote:(Also, if he's claiming a semi-investigative town role, why isn't he divulging everything in the interest of just out-and-out winning the game?)
Because I
have
divulged everything... hence the
semi
-investigative role. My role is limited... I'm not a full-fledged Cop. That's all I'm going to say about my role, though.

And regarding your post about how I was #6 voting for mlaker (and mathcam's comment regarding my "1 for 2 record"): yeah, you're right, I wasn't immediately on the mlaker bandwagon because I didn't want to tip him off to my investigative abilities. If you recall correctly, I prodded Someone and mlaker at the same time in that oh-so-controversial post that got Someone all hostile and stuff. I had results on mlaker and a strong hunch on Someone; I simply chased Someone first because he reacted more violently toward my prodding than mlaker... and then I changed directions and went after my second suspect (who I had received the "guilty" result on) after beating the Someone issue into the ground sufficiently... and, I confess, backing down because I didn't want to get lynched. And I'm sorry, but I still believe that my behavior during that time-frame is consistent with my claim; I attracted a lot of attention to myself in order to see the mlaker lynch through... I just didn't do it immediately because I was chasing my other suspect first. Sorry for trying to protect myself while still pursuing scum... sheesh.

And I think this is quite funny, really; no one has given a decent reason why they think I'm scummy yet, except for the fact that I adamantly refuse to roleclaim. Here's what I suggest, people: have DP investigate me tonight (considering he's pretty much a verified Cop). If he comes back with a "guilty" result, I will shut my mouth and vote for my own lynch. If not, then maybe you folks should try looking elsewhere for scum, hmm? Sound fair to the rest of you?
Fishbulb
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #549 (ISO) » Wed Sep 17, 2003 2:07 am

Post by Fishbulb »

Sugar wrote:Well, now I have to revise my scummish list: Werebear, rite, Dourgrim, Fishbulb. :shock:
Why am I still on your "scummish list"? I haven't done anything suspicious. If it's because I was cleared by rite, then mathcam and jadesmar would be on that, too. I know it's not a big deal, hardly a vote, but it bothers me since there is no reasoning for it.

Unvote: mikehart

Well, it's down to Werebear and Dourgrim. I can't figure out how revealing your roles could change anything (in a bad way). Our only option is to lynch you to find out the truth.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”