Mini 1768: Detective Conan Mafia (Game Over: Town Wins)

Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #1475 (ISO) » Mon Mar 14, 2016 5:15 am

Post by Radical Rat »

In post 1470, Yarrrrgami wrote:Perhaps you should think it through a little harder. Just because something is different doesn't mean it's worth trying.

In post 1471, A Real Scourge wrote:
In post 1469, Radical Rat wrote:
In post 1466, Yarrrrgami wrote:That be a profoundly terrible idea.

That's the reaction I usually get when I bring up this concept. But it's still an experiment I'd like to try, at least once. Just see how it works.

there's no reason not to just kill Turtles, though? like you haven't given one. leavin him alive doesn't help us except to give scum more options.

The reason is if we reach lylo before finding the other scum, we have a confirmed lynch right there. Anyone who opposes the lynch then is basically claiming scum, and there's a 0% chance of a sneaky maneuver for scum to pull out the victory.
Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1476 (ISO) » Mon Mar 14, 2016 5:16 am

Post by Radical Rat »

Maybe I'm wrong and it won't work out that way. But you never know until you try, yeah?

I've given a more in-depth explanation in my last game when I brought this up.
Yarrrrgami
Yarrrrgami
Goon
Yarrrrgami
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1477 (ISO) » Mon Mar 14, 2016 5:27 am

Post by Yarrrrgami »

Yes one does know, because ye can simply think through why waiting until mylo/lylo is incredibly stupid. I be in a generous mood, so I'll explain it to you.

Firstly, they be a double voter. If they be alive at the end of the voyage, they simply win.

Secondly, they will give no useful interactions. There is no benefit to leaving them alive. If we lynch them, then scum will kill a pirate, confirming that pirate as non-scurvy, and allowing us to sort out who the last scurvy dog is with one fewer pirate of uncertain scurvyness relative to what we'd have if we leave them alive.

Thirdly, there is a massive advantage, especially given the organization of this voyage, to having only one scurvy dog alive at night. We have three deckhands available who become very close to Cops once there is only one scurvy scoundrel left. Your nonsensical plan involves one of those deckhands throwing away their role every night for what appears to be no gain whatsoever.
Phoenix Wright
Phoenix Wright
Goon
Phoenix Wright
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1478 (ISO) » Mon Mar 14, 2016 5:31 am

Post by Phoenix Wright »

In post 1473, A Real Scourge wrote:UNVOTE:

that was a dumb mistake, i should have unvoted as soon as i claimed. Turtles could have easily hammered himself to stop our discussion.

They can double vote, so can't they still hammer?
Phoenix Wright
Phoenix Wright
Goon
Phoenix Wright
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1479 (ISO) » Mon Mar 14, 2016 5:33 am

Post by Phoenix Wright »

In post 1472, A Real Scourge wrote:
In post 1463, Yarrrrgami wrote:Methinks he lacks the subtlety for the wine bein' in front of somepirate interpretation.

In post 1464, Yarrrrgami wrote:Lookin' at your early posts today, the scurvy dogs would have to be about as clever as a rusty anchor not to realize you had a guilty.

so why didn't Turtles hammer Phoenix? do you think they're scum together?

He told us that he didn't hammer because we would've thought he was scum if he did. So basically he wanted town points for not hammering
Yarrrrgami
Yarrrrgami
Goon
Yarrrrgami
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1480 (ISO) » Mon Mar 14, 2016 5:35 am

Post by Yarrrrgami »

If somehow the day ends before the captain gets back to us, runny rat and firebirdy lawyer are targeting each other. Failure to do so means claimin' scurvy.

Furry-seduction pirate can target whomever, as long as the target isn't one of those two.
Phoenix Wright
Phoenix Wright
Goon
Phoenix Wright
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1481 (ISO) » Mon Mar 14, 2016 5:36 am

Post by Phoenix Wright »

In post 1480, Yarrrrgami wrote:If somehow the day ends before the captain gets back to us, runny rat and firebirdy lawyer are targeting each other. Failure to do so means claimin' scurvy.

Furry-seduction pirate can target whomever, as long as the target isn't one of those two.

But that's dumb because we wouldn't get anything done and scum would be free for another kill.
Yarrrrgami
Yarrrrgami
Goon
Yarrrrgami
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1482 (ISO) » Mon Mar 14, 2016 5:37 am

Post by Yarrrrgami »

Except ye be a chief suspect, who would be cleared by this scheme if a kill occurs.
Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1483 (ISO) » Mon Mar 14, 2016 5:38 am

Post by Radical Rat »

Will I be told if I am jailed? Or will we be relying on trust?
Yarrrrgami
Yarrrrgami
Goon
Yarrrrgami
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1484 (ISO) » Mon Mar 14, 2016 5:39 am

Post by Yarrrrgami »

It's very possible that the captain uses standard NAR, which means that we learn nothing certain if you target elsewhere.
Phoenix Wright
Phoenix Wright
Goon
Phoenix Wright
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1485 (ISO) » Mon Mar 14, 2016 5:39 am

Post by Phoenix Wright »

In post 1482, Yarrrrgami wrote:Except ye be a chief suspect, who would be cleared by this scheme if a kill occurs.

Can't the scum just not kill anyone to make it look like I'm scum?
Yarrrrgami
Yarrrrgami
Goon
Yarrrrgami
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1486 (ISO) » Mon Mar 14, 2016 5:40 am

Post by Yarrrrgami »

In post 1465, Radical Rat wrote:Turtles is confirmed, eh?

In that case, now seems a good time to bring up one of RADICAL RAT'S RADICAL AND CONTROVERSIAL EXPERIMENTAL TACTICS

Let's NOT lynch Turtles tonight. They're confscum, so all we have to do is ignore them completely, and be a bit more careful about L-2.

Then, we focus our efforts on finding the other scum. Either Phoenix or I will keep Turtles roleblocked, forcing the other scum to do the killing. Then if we hit mylo/lylo, we lynch Turtles immediately, with no chance of scum slipping out and pulling a last second win.

@ ratty - if we do not lynch turtles today it will give scourge an aneurysm and then she will have an operation which half her gets shaved and it will make her cry and then we will have to buy her expensive flowers, chocolate and teddy bears to cheer her up and IT WILL BE ALL YOUR FAULT. :P

but your plan sounds like something that I wld come up with if there was a strong town core that I trusted. are you sure you are not my spirit animal?

@ scourge - I figured you had some kind of dirt on turtles and I wasn't gonna abandon you, turtles hiding behind his v/la status as to why he hasn't done anything was garbage since he has been posting elsewhere on site, I just wanted to look at the rest of the game too. I hope you can understand that. as far as outing goes I usually out on d1 just so I can scumhunt in peace altho it is dependent on the role. I think you are fine. :]

so what were looking at is this:

phoenix - cos of role claims

fire - unhappy that scum was lynched on d2.

soren - soren who?

this is a good basis to work from and to look at their interactions and votes on turtles and other players.

I wld really love to see a vc from jeanne or anything really.
Yarrrrgami
Yarrrrgami
Goon
Yarrrrgami
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1487 (ISO) » Mon Mar 14, 2016 5:40 am

Post by Yarrrrgami »

In post 1483, Radical Rat wrote:Will I be told if I am jailed? Or will we be relying on trust?

You will not be told, and you won't be jailed because you'll be blocking the firebirdy lawyer.

There is no trust beyond the trust that non-scurvy pirates will do as they're told.
Yarrrrgami
Yarrrrgami
Goon
Yarrrrgami
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1488 (ISO) » Mon Mar 14, 2016 5:41 am

Post by Yarrrrgami »

In post 1485, Phoenix Wright wrote:
In post 1482, Yarrrrgami wrote:Except ye be a chief suspect, who would be cleared by this scheme if a kill occurs.

Can't the scum just not kill anyone to make it look like I'm scum?

Yar, they can.
Yarrrrgami
Yarrrrgami
Goon
Yarrrrgami
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1489 (ISO) » Mon Mar 14, 2016 5:41 am

Post by Yarrrrgami »

lol, in case it is not obvs kagami and I have radically different approaches. :lol:
Yarrrrgami
Yarrrrgami
Goon
Yarrrrgami
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1490 (ISO) » Mon Mar 14, 2016 5:42 am

Post by Yarrrrgami »

That is not a problem, though.
Yarrrrgami
Yarrrrgami
Goon
Yarrrrgami
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1491 (ISO) » Mon Mar 14, 2016 5:42 am

Post by Yarrrrgami »

Cross-self-postin' be fun! Har!
Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1492 (ISO) » Mon Mar 14, 2016 5:45 am

Post by Radical Rat »

In post 1477, Yarrrrgami wrote:Yes one does know, because ye can simply think through why waiting until mylo/lylo is incredibly stupid. I be in a generous mood, so I'll explain it to you.

Firstly, they be a double voter. If they be alive at the end of the voyage, they simply win.

Secondly, they will give no useful interactions. There is no benefit to leaving them alive. If we lynch them, then scum will kill a pirate, confirming that pirate as non-scurvy, and allowing us to sort out who the last scurvy dog is with one fewer pirate of uncertain scurvyness relative to what we'd have if we leave them alive.

Thirdly, there is a massive advantage, especially given the organization of this voyage, to having only one scurvy dog alive at night. We have three deckhands available who become very close to Cops once there is only one scurvy scoundrel left. Your nonsensical plan involves one of those deckhands throwing away their role every night for what appears to be no gain whatsoever.

1. A double voter who doesn't work in LyLo.
2. The benefit's a free lynch waiting in case of emergency
3. There would essentially still be only one scum left of we keep Turtles blocked at all times. That also eliminates the whole "Well, Phoenix and I both blocked different people. Which is scum???" if we only have one blocking role scumhunting.

Regardless, I'll leave it alone for now. I'd need the full participation of the Town for that plan to work, and I'm not getting it any time soon.
Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1493 (ISO) » Mon Mar 14, 2016 5:45 am

Post by Radical Rat »

In post 1489, Yarrrrgami wrote:

lol, in case it is not obvs kagami and I have radically different approaches. :lol:

RADICALly different, ye say?
Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1494 (ISO) » Mon Mar 14, 2016 5:47 am

Post by Radical Rat »

In post 1487, Yarrrrgami wrote:
In post 1483, Radical Rat wrote:Will I be told if I am jailed? Or will we be relying on trust?

You will not be told, and you won't be jailed because you'll be blocking the firebirdy lawyer.

There is no trust beyond the trust that non-scurvy pirates will do as they're told.

Unless JK resolves first.
Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1495 (ISO) » Mon Mar 14, 2016 5:48 am

Post by Radical Rat »

In post 1484, Yarrrrgami wrote:It's very possible that the captain uses standard NAR, which means that we learn nothing certain if you target elsewhere.

What's NAR?
Yarrrrgami
Yarrrrgami
Goon
Yarrrrgami
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1496 (ISO) » Mon Mar 14, 2016 5:48 am

Post by Yarrrrgami »

In post 1476, Radical Rat wrote:Maybe I'm wrong and it won't work out that way. But you never know until you try, yeah?

I've given a more in-depth explanation in my last game when I brought this up.

I have tried it and it worked btw in multiball large with 3 scumteams, 9 scum in a 27 player game. town won with only 1 mislynch.

lemme catch up and we will talk.
Yarrrrgami
Yarrrrgami
Goon
Yarrrrgami
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1497 (ISO) » Mon Mar 14, 2016 5:51 am

Post by Yarrrrgami »

Why do you think sad-turtle's double-vote doesn't work in lylo, runny-rat?
Phoenix Wright
Phoenix Wright
Goon
Phoenix Wright
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1498 (ISO) » Mon Mar 14, 2016 5:55 am

Post by Phoenix Wright »

This still seems dumb to me. Preventing the jailor from doing his job lol. It's actually even worse than that because I'm not scum, and you're wasting not only my night action but radical rat's as well. You even admit that the scum can just not kill anyone tonight. So this is just a complete waste of time. The reason behind thinking I'm scum sucks too. It's based completely off of bs setup speculation instead of my actual actions.
Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1499 (ISO) » Mon Mar 14, 2016 5:56 am

Post by Radical Rat »

In post 237, Turtles of Despair wrote:Oh I asked the mod and I don't have me double prods in Lylo.
~Bee

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”