Mini 1768: Detective Conan Mafia (Game Over: Town Wins)

A Real Scourge
A Real Scourge
Goon
A Real Scourge
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1450 (ISO) » Mon Mar 14, 2016 4:12 am

Post by A Real Scourge »

In post 1446, Phoenix Wright wrote:What do you mean by "directing"? And you should've told us sooner that you tracked him, scourge lol

if i told you all earlier, we wouldn't have been able to look for his partner. his partner would likely have just gone 'oh okay, Turtles has been caught by the tracker, better not fight anything'
now we can examine reactions to the wagon as if we were looking at the formation of a wagon on flipped scum.
All hail the king, baby.

avatar by drawloverlala on tumblr.
Phoenix Wright
Phoenix Wright
Goon
Phoenix Wright
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1451 (ISO) » Mon Mar 14, 2016 4:13 am

Post by Phoenix Wright »

In that case, you should've waited until someone dropped the hammer. People still have time to pretend that they aren't on Turtles' side
A Real Scourge
A Real Scourge
Goon
A Real Scourge
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1452 (ISO) » Mon Mar 14, 2016 4:14 am

Post by A Real Scourge »

In post 1447, Yarrrrgami wrote:Actually, it be makin' little sense that Conan be a rolecop unless at least one scurvy dog has an obviously scurvy role.

Strongpirate would be me guess if runny rat and firebirdy lawyer be scurvy-free, but then sad-turtle wouldn't be the one sent to be slitting throats. A shot-restricted stongpirate be possible, or it could be that the captain considers roleblocker to be high-probability scurvy.

shot-restricted makes sense to me. they probably thought Not_Mafia didn't have a good chance of being protected, like a lot of you thought.
alternatively, yeah, one of Sonic or Phoenix could be scum.
All hail the king, baby.

A Real Scourge
A Real Scourge
Goon
A Real Scourge
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1453 (ISO) » Mon Mar 14, 2016 4:16 am

Post by A Real Scourge »

In post 1451, Phoenix Wright wrote:In that case, you should've waited until someone dropped the hammer. People still have time to pretend that they aren't on Turtles' side

you're talking like Turtles being lynched was inevitable. it wasn't. i tried yesterday, and i didn't have anything more to add after that. i could see where everything was going.

ofc waiting until he'd been lynched would have been best. if i'd been able to lynch him, i wouldn't have claimed today at all!
All hail the king, baby.

Yarrrrgami
Yarrrrgami
Goon
Yarrrrgami
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1454 (ISO) » Mon Mar 14, 2016 4:17 am

Post by Yarrrrgami »

To Cap'n or the first mate if ye be capable of answerin' proper-like:

Let's say we have hypothetical pirates Jackie Purr the brigwatcher and Robbie Locker the deckhand-duty disrupter. How be their duties interacting?

1. Suppose Jackie Purr and Robbie Locker target each other, and Jackie Purr, who be scurvy, attempts to kill a third pirate, Vickie Tim. Will Vickie Tim be sleeping with the fishes?

2. Suppose the same situation be happening, but Robbie Locker be the scurvy dog who be killing Vickie Tim, does Vickie Tim die?

3. Suppose Jackie Purr be targeting Vickie Tim with the brig-watchin'. If Robbie Locker be scurvy, and he be targeting Jackie Purr and killin' Vickie Tim, is poor ole' Vickie wormfood?
Yarrrrgami
Yarrrrgami
Goon
Yarrrrgami
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1455 (ISO) » Mon Mar 14, 2016 4:19 am

Post by Yarrrrgami »

An' if Robbie Locker be scurvy, is it even possible that he can be both blockin' pirates and slittin' throats on the same night?
A Real Scourge
A Real Scourge
Goon
A Real Scourge
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1456 (ISO) » Mon Mar 14, 2016 4:20 am

Post by A Real Scourge »

essentially you're asking the mod if cross-blocks cancel each other out or if they completely block each other?
the third case i think would have the jailkeeper being blocked, the protection failing, and Vickie Tim dying, for sure.
All hail the king, baby.

A Real Scourge
A Real Scourge
Goon
A Real Scourge
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1457 (ISO) » Mon Mar 14, 2016 4:22 am

Post by A Real Scourge »

Kagami do you think i should have waited longer? this is my first time doing this, i wanted to make sure that there was ultimately a wagon on Turtles but i didn't see a path there. and i didn't want to just keep pushing it in case more people just got fed up.
All hail the king, baby.

Phoenix Wright
Phoenix Wright
Goon
Phoenix Wright
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1458 (ISO) » Mon Mar 14, 2016 4:22 am

Post by Phoenix Wright »

In one game I played with 2 roleblockers, whoever sent in their pm first had their action go through
Yarrrrgami
Yarrrrgami
Goon
Yarrrrgami
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1459 (ISO) » Mon Mar 14, 2016 4:22 am

Post by Yarrrrgami »

Jeanne be a curious sort o' captain. I'd like it spelled out all plain-like.
Yarrrrgami
Yarrrrgami
Goon
Yarrrrgami
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1460 (ISO) » Mon Mar 14, 2016 4:23 am

Post by Yarrrrgami »

In post 1458, Phoenix Wright wrote:In one game I played with 2 roleblockers, whoever sent in their pm first had their action go through

There be no way to describe that situation without breaking the pirate's code concerning able-ism.
Yarrrrgami
Yarrrrgami
Goon
Yarrrrgami
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1461 (ISO) » Mon Mar 14, 2016 4:24 am

Post by Yarrrrgami »

In post 1457, A Real Scourge wrote:Kagami do you think i should have waited longer? this is my first time doing this, i wanted to make sure that there was ultimately a wagon on Turtles but i didn't see a path there. and i didn't want to just keep pushing it in case more people just got fed up.

If ye erred, it was on the side of patience, not the opposite. The scurvy dogs should have figured out that you had a result from your behavior and sad-turtles could likely get a quickhammer in before you outed it.
A Real Scourge
A Real Scourge
Goon
A Real Scourge
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1462 (ISO) » Mon Mar 14, 2016 4:28 am

Post by A Real Scourge »

i wasn't sure if they knew or not, but the fact that Turtles didn't hammer and tried to fight against it instead told me he at least wasn't sure if i had a result.
yes i was worried about that, which is why i fought so hard against the Phoenix wagon. especially since Turtles quickhammering wouldn't have assured his lynch the next day.

do you think Turtles didn't figure it out? or do you think he didn't hammer because Phoenix was his partner? OR do you think he didn't hammer because he knew i had a result and wanted me to THINK Phoenix was his buddy? i know it's a hard question.
All hail the king, baby.

Yarrrrgami
Yarrrrgami
Goon
Yarrrrgami
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1463 (ISO) » Mon Mar 14, 2016 4:37 am

Post by Yarrrrgami »

Methinks he lacks the subtlety for the wine bein' in front of somepirate interpretation.
Yarrrrgami
Yarrrrgami
Goon
Yarrrrgami
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1464 (ISO) » Mon Mar 14, 2016 4:41 am

Post by Yarrrrgami »

Lookin' at your early posts today, the scurvy dogs would have to be about as clever as a rusty anchor not to realize you had a guilty.
Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #1465 (ISO) » Mon Mar 14, 2016 4:54 am

Post by Radical Rat »

Turtles is confirmed, eh?

In that case, now seems a good time to bring up one of RADICAL RAT'S RADICAL AND CONTROVERSIAL EXPERIMENTAL TACTICS

Let's NOT lynch Turtles tonight. They're confscum, so all we have to do is ignore them completely, and be a bit more careful about L-2.

Then, we focus our efforts on finding the other scum. Either Phoenix or I will keep Turtles roleblocked, forcing the other scum to do the killing. Then if we hit mylo/lylo, we lynch Turtles immediately, with no chance of scum slipping out and pulling a last second win.
Yarrrrgami
Yarrrrgami
Goon
Yarrrrgami
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1466 (ISO) » Mon Mar 14, 2016 4:59 am

Post by Yarrrrgami »

That be a profoundly terrible idea.
Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1467 (ISO) » Mon Mar 14, 2016 5:00 am

Post by Radical Rat »

My favorite lynch target for today is Tails. His insistence that Turtles absolutely 100% had to be Town, based solely on setup spec that was clearly incorrect makes me confident in my scumread there.

FireBringer is also a good one, given his sudden apathy following the game's first scumlynch. Kain also fits this category, but FireBringer smells slightly scummier because of the Tails sheeping.

Soren, I'd be alright with, but their absence has been consistent all game so, just... Whatever, I suppose.
Yarrrrgami
Yarrrrgami
Goon
Yarrrrgami
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1468 (ISO) » Mon Mar 14, 2016 5:03 am

Post by Yarrrrgami »

We'll be feeding the sharks some yummy turtle soup today. You'll be targeting who we tell you to target, and no one else.

The only meaningful thing that needs to happen is that the captain needs to answer my questions.
Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1469 (ISO) » Mon Mar 14, 2016 5:04 am

Post by Radical Rat »

In post 1466, Yarrrrgami wrote:That be a profoundly terrible idea.

That's the reaction I usually get when I bring up this concept. But it's still an experiment I'd like to try, at least once. Just see how it works.
Yarrrrgami
Yarrrrgami
Goon
Yarrrrgami
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1470 (ISO) » Mon Mar 14, 2016 5:06 am

Post by Yarrrrgami »

Perhaps you should think it through a little harder. Just because something is different doesn't mean it's worth trying.
A Real Scourge
A Real Scourge
Goon
A Real Scourge
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1471 (ISO) » Mon Mar 14, 2016 5:07 am

Post by A Real Scourge »

In post 1469, Radical Rat wrote:
In post 1466, Yarrrrgami wrote:That be a profoundly terrible idea.

That's the reaction I usually get when I bring up this concept. But it's still an experiment I'd like to try, at least once. Just see how it works.

there's no reason not to just kill Turtles, though? like you haven't given one. leavin him alive doesn't help us except to give scum more options.
All hail the king, baby.

A Real Scourge
A Real Scourge
Goon
A Real Scourge
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1472 (ISO) » Mon Mar 14, 2016 5:08 am

Post by A Real Scourge »

In post 1463, Yarrrrgami wrote:Methinks he lacks the subtlety for the wine bein' in front of somepirate interpretation.

In post 1464, Yarrrrgami wrote:Lookin' at your early posts today, the scurvy dogs would have to be about as clever as a rusty anchor not to realize you had a guilty.

so why didn't Turtles hammer Phoenix? do you think they're scum together?
All hail the king, baby.

A Real Scourge
A Real Scourge
Goon
A Real Scourge
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1473 (ISO) » Mon Mar 14, 2016 5:10 am

Post by A Real Scourge »

UNVOTE:

that was a dumb mistake, i should have unvoted as soon as i claimed. Turtles could have easily hammered himself to stop our discussion.
All hail the king, baby.

Yarrrrgami
Yarrrrgami
Goon
Yarrrrgami
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1474 (ISO) » Mon Mar 14, 2016 5:11 am

Post by Yarrrrgami »

To me mind, it be very possible, especially given the set of deckhands that appear to be on this voyage.

I'm never willing to discard the idea that the scurvy scalawags (or anypirate really) are simply oblivious, though.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”