Mini 1768: Detective Conan Mafia (Game Over: Town Wins)

A Real Scourge
A Real Scourge
Goon
A Real Scourge
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1275 (ISO) » Sun Mar 13, 2016 2:23 pm

Post by A Real Scourge »

it's not that powerful. at all. it would help if you could talk about some scenarios where a scum double-voter that can't endgame town would be powerful.

and i'm also saying that you can't do complete setup spec without actually know what roles scum has. you can't rule out what town could have until you know what scum has to fight against it.
why haven't you considered Turtles and Phoenix being scum together? why haven't you considered both town and scum having some kind of roleblocker?
we have, currently, a rolecop, neighbourizer, and 1-shot governer for sure on town's side. none of these are incredibly strong by themselves.
also in the game we have a roleblocker, a double-voter, a jailkeeper, and several other roles. that's too much uncertainty. even adding in your role, i feel like you're just disregarding any other possibilities besides the one you want to see.

if someone came out with a cop innocent on Turtles, i would listen to it. but right now all see is no reason to defend them. you're either scum, bad at setup spec, or you're the one confbiasing.

what do you think about the scenario of having both Phoenix and Turtles as the scum?
All hail the king, baby.

avatar by drawloverlala on tumblr.
A Real Scourge
A Real Scourge
Goon
A Real Scourge
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1276 (ISO) » Sun Mar 13, 2016 2:25 pm

Post by A Real Scourge »

In post 1274, Radical Rat wrote:Well. The only way to find out is to get a flip from one of them.

Right now, I'm feeling like Turtles because I happen to have very solid Townread on Phoenix, and Scourge is right in that there's very little Town in the iso, and just skipping an entire day seems wonky.
Plus they seem to be selectively lurking. They show up whenever Scourge digs something up, then vanish when questions get asked.

Now, if we'd like to let them do their thing a bit longer, I'm also not opposed to lynching you, Soren, or Kain.

yep, pops out of the ground like a very persistent cockroach whenever i push them, and doesn't do anything beyond that. very towny.
they've had the entire game to 'do their thing', Sonic. this is the time to push for content! to arms! yadda yadda!

come on Phoenix, make me happy and put a vote on Turtles.
All hail the king, baby.

Phoenix Wright
Phoenix Wright
Goon
Phoenix Wright
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1277 (ISO) » Sun Mar 13, 2016 2:26 pm

Post by Phoenix Wright »

VOTE: turtles of despair
A Real Scourge
A Real Scourge
Goon
A Real Scourge
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1278 (ISO) » Sun Mar 13, 2016 2:27 pm

Post by A Real Scourge »

Tails, a badly designed game is one where everyone can massclaim, and town can pick out scum based on their roles and claimed night actions alone.
that's basically what you're saying is happening here. your conclusions are based always ENTIRELY on setup speculation, and that is just so, incredibly weak, i can't even stand it.

preview: ty Nick. let's see if he'll talk again.
All hail the king, baby.

A Real Scourge
A Real Scourge
Goon
A Real Scourge
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1279 (ISO) » Sun Mar 13, 2016 2:28 pm

Post by A Real Scourge »

Unofficial Vote Count

Phoenix Wright [3]: Soren, Tails, Firebringer
Turtles of Despair [3]: A Real Scourge, Radical Rat, Phoenix Wright
Soren [2]: Turtles of Despair, Turtles of Despair (assuming the double-vote was valid)
Firebringer [1]: Yarrrrgami
Radical Rat [1]: KainTepes

Not Voting: no one

With 9 alive, it takes 5 votes to lynch.
All hail the king, baby.

Yarrrrgami
Yarrrrgami
Goon
Yarrrrgami
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1280 (ISO) » Sun Mar 13, 2016 2:33 pm

Post by Yarrrrgami »

In post 1264, A Real Scourge wrote:we should push Turtles. there's no reason not to. if we run him up, and he's town, then maybe it'll urge him to actually scumhunt. come on, that's good, right? not that he's town, but those of you who like, have him as a null read shouldn't object to that.
since he's scum i predict he'll either keep a stiff lip or say something that we can wring some info about his buddies from.

Nick you should help us out too. either vote Turtles or put out a case on someone else. <3 you're at L-2 with a double-voter, so if you're town i want you to say things. i know you're not here atm i'm just saying

why do you keep ignoring my points on fire? your points against beeboy can all be distilled into a playstyle thing which you wldn't know cos I am guessing you don't know beeboy very well.
fire has made some prettyfucking alignment indicative posts is dodging every single question I ask him and you are letting him get away with it in pursuit of a pet vanity lynch that i based on guess what playstyle things.

fire is the most likely to dodge a lynch as is soren which makes them infinitely more dangerous than hypothetical scum!turtles, why cos pple like you are unwilling to look at them. there are ways to sort beeboy and ramming his lynch through w/o bothering to look at anything else is not 1 of them. tails is just as bad with phoenix. so if you guys cld plz unstick yourselves from your tunnel targets and help me get to the bottom of fire's awful reaction that wld be fantastic.

god this reminds me of the game where etl flat-out claimed scum role blocker as in she actually said, "I am the scum role blocker for the orange team" and pple STILL dithered and wrung their hands until I threatened to start an md discussion naming and shaming them cos holy cow. oh yeah, etl fliped scum role blocker for the orange team.
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #1281 (ISO) » Sun Mar 13, 2016 2:35 pm

Post by Firebringer »

lol, yarrrgami going to be mad when I flip.
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
A Real Scourge
A Real Scourge
Goon
A Real Scourge
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1282 (ISO) » Sun Mar 13, 2016 2:38 pm

Post by A Real Scourge »

why are you getting mad at me if you've just come to the conclusion that i don't know beeboy very well?
neither the Turtles wagon or the Phoenix wagon are vanity lynches! they both have three votes.

i'll look at Firebringer as well, i also don't like him, but i'm not removing my vote on Turtles when we've finally got a wagon here that'll stop him dodging everything.
you say that fire and Soren are the most likely to dodge lynches like i'm supposed to know that??? how am i supposed to know what those two are like?? Turtles is acting like scum and at LEAST firebringer was doing towny things earlier and participating. he sucks now and yeah he deserves to be pushed as well, i don't fault you for that but mollie, right now, you're on the vanity wagon and i don't appreciate this post.
All hail the king, baby.

A Real Scourge
A Real Scourge
Goon
A Real Scourge
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1283 (ISO) » Sun Mar 13, 2016 2:39 pm

Post by A Real Scourge »

In post 1281, Firebringer wrote:lol, yarrrgami going to be mad when I flip.

you showed up immediately after mollie showed up and talked about you. where were you earlier? why aren't you participating? are you seriously on board with Tails' setup spec case? emphasis on
speculation
All hail the king, baby.

Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #1284 (ISO) » Sun Mar 13, 2016 2:40 pm

Post by Firebringer »

I don't care about setup spec, I have a null on Phoenix. Town on Tails.
Show
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

Yarrrrgami
Yarrrrgami
Goon
Yarrrrgami
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1285 (ISO) » Sun Mar 13, 2016 2:41 pm

Post by Yarrrrgami »

In post 1269, Tails wrote:These are legit reasons for why I'm reaching the conclusion I am. Good game design vs. incredibly poor design. You're arguing for poor design because PoE i.e. "I has good feels about everyone else. Who cares what actual game info says.". At this rate, if I actually came out with a cop innocent on Turtles, you'd argue against it because it doesn't fit your view of the game. I am looking at it from a pure game design standpoint, using information that is both public and private, and I'm telling you that Phoenix's role does not make sense as town unless the mod made the worst designed game in the history of mafia scum. And the only reason that Turtles will be scum is if she did exactly that. So I'm going to err on the side of not complete stupidity and say that Turtles is town and Phoenix is freaking scum.

I am about to give a fantastic reason as to why you shld ignore set up spec.

do you know my role was in the last large theme I played in? bp until there were only 10 players left and then my hydra wld become bp, unnlynchable, indestructible, innocent child, doublevoter. do you know who designed that game? the co-mod for this 1.

food for thought. so you might wanna quit scumhunting based off of role speculation.

god, I am not asking that you VOTE fire just plz help me freaking sort him!
A Real Scourge
A Real Scourge
Goon
A Real Scourge
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1286 (ISO) » Sun Mar 13, 2016 2:42 pm

Post by A Real Scourge »

firebringer, if only mafia were so easy as finding a single townread and sheeping them. put out a readslist. :(
All hail the king, baby.

Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #1287 (ISO) » Sun Mar 13, 2016 2:44 pm

Post by Firebringer »

In post 1286, A Real Scourge wrote:firebringer, if only mafia were so easy as finding a single townread and sheeping them. put out a readslist. :(

Here you go:

Town
Soren
Tails
A Real Scourge
Radical Rat

Null-Town
Yarrrgami

Null
Turtles
Phoenix Wright
Kain Tepes
Show

Yarrrrgami
Yarrrrgami
Goon
Yarrrrgami
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1288 (ISO) » Sun Mar 13, 2016 2:47 pm

Post by Yarrrrgami »

In post 1282, A Real Scourge wrote:why are you getting mad at me if you've just come to the conclusion that i don't know beeboy very well?
neither the Turtles wagon or the Phoenix wagon are vanity lynches! they both have three votes.

i'll look at Firebringer as well, i also don't like him, but i'm not removing my vote on Turtles when we've finally got a wagon here that'll stop him dodging everything.
you say that fire and Soren are the most likely to dodge lynches like i'm supposed to know that??? how am i supposed to know what those two are like?? Turtles is acting like scum and at LEAST firebringer was doing towny things earlier and participating. he sucks now and yeah he deserves to be pushed as well, i don't fault you for that but mollie, right now, you're on the vanity wagon and i don't appreciate this post.

I am not mad i am frustrated. I need help sorting fire cos I can't do it by myself.

I have thought turtles was scum since d1 no1 cared. but the points you are going after him are playstyle things, I found that kirhaha or whoever she is was much scummier when she wld post out of her hydra and not pick up, it is a way for scum to dodge iso inspection. so I am not opposed to the lynch but there a whole game that needs to be sorted instead of just 1 aspect of it.
Tails
Tails
Goon
Tails
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1289 (ISO) » Sun Mar 13, 2016 2:49 pm

Post by Tails »

In post 1275, A Real Scourge wrote:
what do you think about the scenario of having both Phoenix and Turtles as the scum?

If that's the case, town is almost all PRs.
A Real Scourge
A Real Scourge
Goon
A Real Scourge
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1290 (ISO) » Sun Mar 13, 2016 2:50 pm

Post by A Real Scourge »

why did you think Turtles was scum day 1? quotes? or should i just ISO kirroha?

tell me how to sort fire? you know him, don't you? right now he just looks like null and eh.
All hail the king, baby.

Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #1291 (ISO) » Sun Mar 13, 2016 2:50 pm

Post by Firebringer »

In post 1288, Yarrrrgami wrote:I am not mad i am frustrated. I need help sorting fire cos I can't do it by myself.

This seems scummy to me.
Show

Yarrrrgami
Yarrrrgami
Goon
Yarrrrgami
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1292 (ISO) » Sun Mar 13, 2016 2:51 pm

Post by Yarrrrgami »

In post 1284, Firebringer wrote:
I don't care about setup spec
, I have a null on Phoenix. Town on Tails.

since when
A Real Scourge
A Real Scourge
Goon
A Real Scourge
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1293 (ISO) » Sun Mar 13, 2016 2:51 pm

Post by A Real Scourge »

In post 1289, Tails wrote:
In post 1275, A Real Scourge wrote:

If that's the case, town is almost all PRs.

and that's impossible because...?

preview: why does it seem scummy to you, fire? because you think she should be able to sort you herself, or that she's asking for help?
All hail the king, baby.

Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #1294 (ISO) » Sun Mar 13, 2016 2:52 pm

Post by Firebringer »

In post 1292, Yarrrrgami wrote:since when

When have I ever setup specced?
Show

Tails
Tails
Goon
Tails
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1295 (ISO) » Sun Mar 13, 2016 2:53 pm

Post by Tails »

Look, I'm the doctor. There's no way town has a doctor, roleblocker, AND a JK. And if there is, I'm never ever ever going to play another Jeanne or Varsoon game.
A Real Scourge
A Real Scourge
Goon
A Real Scourge
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1296 (ISO) » Sun Mar 13, 2016 2:53 pm

Post by A Real Scourge »

In post 1287, Firebringer wrote:
In post 1286, A Real Scourge wrote:firebringer, if only mafia were so easy as finding a single townread and sheeping them. put out a readslist. :(

Here you go:

Town
Soren
Tails
A Real Scourge
Radical Rat

Null-Town
Yarrrgami

Null
Turtles
Phoenix Wright
Kain Tepes

so according to this and what you've said before, you should be alright with sheeping me and Sonic on Turtles of Despair.
explain to me why you're not, please. also explain why 'tone' is strong enough to put someone in your townpile - talking about Soren - when a player's tone is often just their playstyle?
All hail the king, baby.

Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #1297 (ISO) » Sun Mar 13, 2016 2:53 pm

Post by Firebringer »

In post 1293, A Real Scourge wrote:preview: why does it seem scummy to you, fire? because you think she should be able to sort you herself, or that she's asking for help?

It implies she wants a consensus on someone, but really just subtle manipulation in that she believes you have to agree on him.

Its a way to gauge thoughts on players while not seeming manipulative.
Its leading you into a certain train of thought.
Show

Tails
Tails
Goon
Tails
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1298 (ISO) » Sun Mar 13, 2016 2:54 pm

Post by Tails »

Oh, and add Titus to that list, because I joined this game because she said it was good.
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #1299 (ISO) » Sun Mar 13, 2016 2:54 pm

Post by Firebringer »

In post 1296, A Real Scourge wrote:so according to this and what you've said before, you should be alright with sheeping me and Sonic on Turtles of Despair.
explain to me why you're not, please. also explain why 'tone' is strong enough to put someone in your townpile - talking about Soren - when a player's tone is often just their playstyle?

Tone isn't part of playstyle.
Show

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”