Mini 1768: Detective Conan Mafia (Game Over: Town Wins)

Tails
Tails
Goon
Tails
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1225 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2016 4:28 pm

Post by Tails »

In post 1221, Tails wrote:Do you honestly think that town has both a roleblocker and a JK?

That's essentially a counter claim in a mini. Normal mode of thought is that Sonic is scum or there's something screwy going on.
Yarrrrgami
Yarrrrgami
Goon
Yarrrrgami
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1226 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2016 4:32 pm

Post by Yarrrrgami »

In post 1210, Firebringer wrote:
How is Pheonix and Yarrrgami super town?
I mean, I have a town lean on Yarrr, but as of lately is been...challenged.

how about you stop ignoring me and answer my question? what exactly has happened in the game that makes you unhappy with the mod? and not happy about nabbing scum?
Yarrrrgami
Yarrrrgami
Goon
Yarrrrgami
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1227 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2016 4:35 pm

Post by Yarrrrgami »

In post 1221, Tails wrote:Pirategami: Do you honestly think that town has both a roleblocker and a JK?

I am getting around to that but I prioritize in thread play over set spec since the pple who do set up spec tend to get it wrong.

town role pm>>>>town motivation>>>>town posts
Yarrrrgami
Yarrrrgami
Goon
Yarrrrgami
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1228 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2016 4:39 pm

Post by Yarrrrgami »

In post 1223, Tails wrote:Would it be any different if you didn't know who I am? And if it was a big deal, why didn't you request for me to replace in with my main?

are you talking to me? and y'all being honest about your mains is entirely up to you, I am not in the business of outing alts unless they severely piss me off which has honestly never happened before. I don't think.

I just don't like playing with them. *shrug*
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #1229 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2016 4:54 pm

Post by Firebringer »

In post 1226, Yarrrrgami wrote:how about you stop ignoring me and answer my question? what exactly has happened in the game that makes you unhappy with the mod? and not happy about nabbing scum?

I am not ignoring you, I am not bringing drama into the game. I can voice my opinions about the mod after game.

Theres no need for it now.
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
Yarrrrgami
Yarrrrgami
Goon
Yarrrrgami
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1230 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2016 5:26 pm

Post by Yarrrrgami »

In post 1229, Firebringer wrote:
In post 1226, Yarrrrgami wrote:how about you stop ignoring me and answer my question? what exactly has happened in the game that makes you unhappy with the mod? and not happy about nabbing scum?

I am not ignoring you, I am not bringing drama into the game. I can voice my opinions about the mod after game.

Theres no need for it now.

okay, the reason why I was asking was very much game related. I mean our hood got perma-blocked by ratty and I am still confused as to how that happened cos ratty has not said his role blocking was permanent unless he is a vanilanizer.

lemme be clear about my intentions here, I want to rule out that you are a scummate of fa's just cos of your late game interactions (it sort of looks like you felt bad when she threw a hissy fit about the bus, if that is indeed what was happening) and your opening post struck me as scumplaining.

the town!soren is another thing that rubs me the wrong way cos I am still not really an answer from you as to why they are town. "oh by their tone" doesn't quite cut it cos they have been largely out of step with the gameflow and I feel like I have been waiting for content from them since forever. they do not feel town. they feel like turtling scum. so I am very curious as to how you have obtained that read.

so I wld love to sort this all out so that I can either move or continue to push your lynch. I find it really interesting that you cld tell that fa was scum flailing and not town flailing cos I am pretty sure we were the only 2 pple who thought that.
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #1231 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2016 7:14 pm

Post by Firebringer »

In post 1230, Yarrrrgami wrote:lemme be clear about my intentions here, I want to rule out that you are a scummate of fa's just cos of your late game interactions (it sort of looks like you felt bad when she threw a hissy fit about the bus, if that is indeed what was happening) and your opening post struck me as scumplaining.

the town!soren is another thing that rubs me the wrong way cos I am still not really an answer from you as to why they are town. "oh by their tone" doesn't quite cut it cos they have been largely out of step with the gameflow and I feel like I have been waiting for content from them since forever. they do not feel town. they feel like turtling scum. so I am very curious as to how you have obtained that read.

so I wld love to sort this all out so that I can either move or continue to push your lynch. I find it really interesting that you cld tell that fa was scum flailing and not town flailing cos I am pretty sure we were the only 2 pple who thought that.

I am not here to defend myself, I wish I unvoted FA, I think our lynch on her waas more Policy than anything which makes me feel bad, even if it was a scum lynch.

You can townread me or scumread that w/e.
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
KainTepes
KainTepes
Mafia Scum
KainTepes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1232 (ISO) » Sun Mar 13, 2016 5:27 am

Post by KainTepes »

VOTE: RADICAL RAT
I AM KAIN TEPES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"I am afraid of SAYING HIS NAME!!!!" - Toto

"why be a better mafia player, when you can be a better KAIN TEPES???" - Vi
Phoenix Wright
Phoenix Wright
Goon
Phoenix Wright
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1233 (ISO) » Sun Mar 13, 2016 5:45 am

Post by Phoenix Wright »

So the mod responded to my pm about if my night action when through. They said that they derped :/
Soren
Soren
Mafia Scum
Soren
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1234 (ISO) » Sun Mar 13, 2016 7:02 am

Post by Soren »

busy today will catch up another time
Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #1235 (ISO) » Sun Mar 13, 2016 7:51 am

Post by Radical Rat »

In post 1232, KainTepes wrote:VOTE: RADICAL RAT

Is that all you have to say? We have what, ten pages of new content, and you just drop a vote with no reasoning whatsoever?
Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1236 (ISO) » Sun Mar 13, 2016 7:54 am

Post by Radical Rat »

In post 1219, Yarrrrgami wrote:
In post 1168, Radical Rat wrote:
In post 1166, A Real Scourge wrote:jailkeepers don't receive feedback, so he wouldn't have been told if he'd been roleblocked. and it sounds like he sent it to jeanne. he should just ask her if his action was submitted on night 2 or not.

process of elimination, Tails. there's no reason to think he's town, but there are reasons to think other players are town. and your Phoenix case doesn't make him scum either, as i've explained.

that's an interesting choice, Turtles. why'd you ignore my request for your complete reads?

I'm like 99% sure you get told if your night action was incomplete for whatever reason... roleblocker or immunity or anything else. Do you not?

erm. who told you this. cos they are very very wrong. a jk wld NOT be told if he was blocked or not the only pple who receive notification as to whether they were blocked are pple with roles that are dependent on on a result from their night action from the mod.

Well, I used to play a lot of Town of Salem, where regardless of your night action, you're told if anything interfered. Whether you were roleblocked, target was jailed, target was immune, anything except transporter( I think bus driver in FM? ) really. You also get told if people attempted to do anything to you that you're unaffected by.
Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1237 (ISO) » Sun Mar 13, 2016 7:59 am

Post by Radical Rat »

In post 1221, Tails wrote:Pirategami: Do you honestly think that town has both a roleblocker and a JK?

So, having a roleblocker and a JK on Town is crazy OP.
Having a double voter on mafia is crazy OP.

So... if both are true, your set up spec makes everything check out for Turtles to be scum, and Phoenix and I to be Town, no?

Unless... your read on someone who's been absent for over half the game is strong enough to make you SURE Turtles is Town...
Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1238 (ISO) » Sun Mar 13, 2016 8:00 am

Post by Radical Rat »

In post 1234, Soren wrote:busy today will catch up another time

You've said that like... every day.
If you're busy, you're busy, and I understand that, but it won't be long before you run out of "another time"s. Please try to find free time in between whatever you're doing today and get some reads or questions out if you can.
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #1239 (ISO) » Sun Mar 13, 2016 8:26 am

Post by pirate mollie »

In post 1231, Firebringer wrote:I am not here to defend myself,
I wish I unvoted FA
, I think our lynch on her waas more Policy than anything which makes me feel bad, even if it was a scum lynch.

if any1 ignores the bold I am going to cry.

my vote wasn't based on a pl and I doubt any1 else's was either. I am pretty sure nearly every1 LIKES fa. you sound like a disgruntled scummate who is feeling guilty and who is mad at the mod for something she messed up on. cos your defensiveness is disportionate to my questioning especially since I am about as gentle as I possibly can be since I like you and I get the feeling you feel like you got screwed.

I am just gonna let you be but I will be pushing your lynch if the game continues on, which I am frankly having doubts.
whew!
Yarrrrgami
Yarrrrgami
Goon
Yarrrrgami
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1240 (ISO) » Sun Mar 13, 2016 8:26 am

Post by Yarrrrgami »

In post 1239, pirate mollie wrote:
In post 1231, Firebringer wrote:I am not here to defend myself,
I wish I unvoted FA
, I think our lynch on her waas more Policy than anything which makes me feel bad, even if it was a scum lynch.

if any1 ignores the bold I am going to cry.

my vote wasn't based on a pl and I doubt any1 else's was either. I am pretty sure nearly every1 LIKES fa. you sound like a disgruntled scummate who is feeling guilty and who is mad at the mod for something she messed up on. cos your defensiveness is disportionate to my questioning especially since I am about as gentle as I possibly can be since I like you and I get the feeling you feel like you got screwed.

I am just gonna let you be but I will be pushing your lynch if the game continues on, which I am frankly having doubts.
Yarrrrgami
Yarrrrgami
Goon
Yarrrrgami
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1241 (ISO) » Sun Mar 13, 2016 8:31 am

Post by Yarrrrgami »

Listen up mateys, I'm not entirely caught up on the ship's log, but I see there be some speculation about how the scurvy be infectin' the various deckhands, and have things to say.

Firstly, we already be seeing an important deckhand duty - detective disguise combination: Conan the Rolecop. The player masqueradin' as Conan be by far the most likely to be a strong investigatin' type, but his role be garbage (unless the scurvy folk all have scurvyness-indicative deckhand duties, but we know at least one didn't). That suggests we don't have a proper cop on this voyage, and likely no tracker/watcher either. This means that we non-scurvy folks need a lot of help to be having a fair chance, but none of the flipped non-scurvy hands are of any notable strength.

Now, without meanin' any offense to the chain of command, I'm not entirely confident that the captain and first mate have an especially strong sense of balancin' voyages, especially since there clearly be a lack of communication between them on how deckhands be interacting. Nevertheless, it be very reasonable to me that there be both a non-scurvy brigwatcher and non-scurvy duty-disrupter, until there be evidence of real strength amongst the non-scurvy buccaneers.

The better question be: "Why do the scurvy dogs fear the claimin'-to-be-nonscurvy pirate who is proven to have a weak deckhand duty over the rat who be thinking he's radical and has a strong deckhand duty?" A corollary be "Why kill armor-pirate?"
Yarrrrgami
Yarrrrgami
Goon
Yarrrrgami
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1242 (ISO) » Sun Mar 13, 2016 8:32 am

Post by Yarrrrgami »

In post 1236, Radical Rat wrote:Well, I used to play a lot of Town of Salem, where regardless of your night action, you're told if anything interfered. Whether you were roleblocked, target was jailed, target was immune, anything except transporter( I think bus driver in FM? ) really. You also get told if people attempted to do anything to you that you're unaffected by.

okay this site is very very different from salem and I am telling you that if I was vt and I got roleblocked I wld not be told. you are only told if you were to receive a night result of some sort and for some reason you did not get it but you will not be told why. only that you didn't get 1.

that is how it is typically done on ms and this is the understanding that the pple who mod and the reviewers have.
Yarrrrgami
Yarrrrgami
Goon
Yarrrrgami
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1243 (ISO) » Sun Mar 13, 2016 8:34 am

Post by Yarrrrgami »

In post 1241, Yarrrrgami wrote:Listen up mateys, I'm not entirely caught up on the ship's log, but I see there be some speculation about how the scurvy be infectin' the various deckhands, and have things to say.

Firstly, we already be seeing an important deckhand duty - detective disguise combination: Conan the Rolecop. The player masqueradin' as Conan be by far the most likely to be a strong investigatin' type, but his role be garbage (unless the scurvy folk all have scurvyness-indicative deckhand duties, but we know at least one didn't). That suggests we don't have a proper cop on this voyage, and likely no tracker/watcher either. This means that we non-scurvy folks need a lot of help to be having a fair chance, but none of the flipped non-scurvy hands are of any notable strength.

Now, without meanin' any offense to the chain of command, I'm not entirely confident that the captain and first mate have an especially strong sense of balancin' voyages, especially since there clearly be a lack of communication between them on how deckhands be interacting. Nevertheless, it be very reasonable to me that there be both a non-scurvy brigwatcher and non-scurvy duty-disrupter, until there be evidence of real strength amongst the non-scurvy buccaneers.

The better question be: "Why do the scurvy dogs fear the claimin'-to-be-nonscurvy pirate who is proven to have a weak deckhand duty over the rat who be thinking he's radical and has a strong deckhand duty?" A corollary be "Why kill armor-pirate?"

check with me before you post again thanx
Tails
Tails
Goon
Tails
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1244 (ISO) » Sun Mar 13, 2016 10:02 am

Post by Tails »

In post 1227, Yarrrrgami wrote:

I am getting around to that but I prioritize in thread play over set spec since the pple who do set up spec tend to get it wrong.

How about: town JK sees roleblocker claim>>>>town response is to see that as impossible given role>>>>suspicion ensues

Phoenix did none of that. What now?
Tails
Tails
Goon
Tails
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1245 (ISO) » Sun Mar 13, 2016 10:05 am

Post by Tails »

In post 1233, Phoenix Wright wrote:So the mod responded to my pm about if my night action when through. They said that they derped :/

Spoiler: non-sequiter
Tails
Tails
Goon
Tails
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1246 (ISO) » Sun Mar 13, 2016 10:08 am

Post by Tails »

In post 1237, Radical Rat wrote:

So... if both are true, your set up spec makes everything check out for Turtles to be scum, and Phoenix and I to be Town, no?

Unless... your read on someone who's been absent for over half the game is strong enough to make you SURE Turtles is Town...

The only way Turtles can be scum is if both you and Phoenix are town and telling the truth, which I think is unlikely. I'm fairly sure Phoenix is scum here.

And if both of you are town, this game is just stupid.
Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1247 (ISO) » Sun Mar 13, 2016 10:09 am

Post by Radical Rat »

In post 1244, Tails wrote:
In post 1227, Yarrrrgami wrote:

How about: town JK sees roleblocker claim>>>>town response is to see that as impossible given role>>>>suspicion ensues

Phoenix did none of that. What now?

In post 1241, Yarrrrgami wrote:
Tails
Tails
Goon
Tails
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1248 (ISO) » Sun Mar 13, 2016 10:12 am

Post by Tails »

Okay, let's take another route. My role in conjunction with Sonic's counters Phoenix. There is no way he's town.
Phoenix Wright
Phoenix Wright
Goon
Phoenix Wright
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1249 (ISO) » Sun Mar 13, 2016 10:15 am

Post by Phoenix Wright »

In post 1246, Tails wrote:
In post 1237, Radical Rat wrote:

The only way Turtles can be scum is if both you and Phoenix are town and telling the truth, which I think is unlikely. I'm fairly sure Phoenix is scum here.

And if both of you are town, this game is just stupid.

I'm town and I'm telling the truth and I think that you're town too

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”