Mini 1768: Detective Conan Mafia (Game Over: Town Wins)

Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #1175 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:31 pm

Post by Radical Rat »

rules on that stuff are*
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #1176 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:32 pm

Post by Firebringer »

In post 1174, Radical Rat wrote:Faking newbiness seems like a breach in ethics to me... idk what all the rules on that stuff is though.

This is mafia, where your supposed to lie. Why is lying about being a newbie unethical?
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
Phoenix Wright
Phoenix Wright
Goon
Phoenix Wright
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1177 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:32 pm

Post by Phoenix Wright »

In post 1174, Radical Rat wrote:Faking newbiness seems like a breach in ethics to me... idk what all the rules on that stuff is though.

I've played 10 games or less, so I'm still relatively new
Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1178 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:33 pm

Post by Radical Rat »

In post 1176, Firebringer wrote:

This is mafia, where your supposed to lie. Why is lying about being a newbie unethical?

There's a difference in lying about your role/actions/reads and lying about circumstances outside of a game.

I'd be fine with just ACTING like a newbie, but to just blatantly claim that you're not... idk, I'd prefer for the game to stay in the game, not lead to me questioning the players' personal trustworthiness.
A Real Scourge
A Real Scourge
Goon
A Real Scourge
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1179 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:35 pm

Post by A Real Scourge »

yeah i don't think it's unethical. i mean i don't really care.

and ten games or less is still pretty new lol. it's not really a lie
All hail the king, baby.

avatar by drawloverlala on tumblr.
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #1180 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:35 pm

Post by Firebringer »

In post 1178, Radical Rat wrote:There's a difference in lying about your role/actions/reads and lying about circumstances outside of a game.

We aren't supposed to not bring outside influences into the game anyways. Part of the game, if you consider a player to be a newbie and they tell you such. Then you should not use that as a factor into reading them because they could be lying.

We aren't required to be truthful at all in these games.
Show
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1181 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:36 pm

Post by Radical Rat »

Eh, it's a small thing, but I suppose if the general consensus is that it's fine, I won't bother with it.
A Real Scourge
A Real Scourge
Goon
A Real Scourge
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1182 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:37 pm

Post by A Real Scourge »

i think he just didn't want people to know his main and didn't think his method through. i say we move past this. Phoenix have you pmed Jeanne about whether she processed your night 2 action or not? and also can you tell me why you didn't do that before claiming?
All hail the king, baby.

Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1183 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:42 pm

Post by Radical Rat »

Yes, yes, back to business.

Tails is scum, Turtles might also be.

Let's get crackin'
A Real Scourge
A Real Scourge
Goon
A Real Scourge
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1184 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:43 pm

Post by A Real Scourge »

flip that around and we completely agree, bro.
All hail the king, baby.

Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #1185 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:43 pm

Post by Firebringer »

In post 1183, Radical Rat wrote:Yes, yes, back to business.

Tails is scum, Turtles might also be.

Let's get crackin'

Turtles is meh for me.

Tails, no way. Ill eat my hat if he is.
Show

Phoenix Wright
Phoenix Wright
Goon
Phoenix Wright
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1186 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:44 pm

Post by Phoenix Wright »

In post 1182, A Real Scourge wrote:i think he just didn't want people to know his main and didn't think his method through. i say we move past this. Phoenix have you pmed Jeanne about whether she processed your night 2 action or not? and also can you tell me why you didn't do that before claiming?

Yeah, I Pmed. And I didn't think of it before you said i should
A Real Scourge
A Real Scourge
Goon
A Real Scourge
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1187 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:45 pm

Post by A Real Scourge »

so Firebringer, you think he's town, and you're
also
so confident in his judgement that you're sheeping him? i haven't seen you comment on Tails's case on Phoenix or any of the arguments against it.

preview: okay Nick, we'll wait and see then
All hail the king, baby.

Tails
Tails
Goon
Tails
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1188 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:48 pm

Post by Tails »

In post 1170, Radical Rat wrote:
In post 1167, Tails wrote:So in the end, you have no reason why Turtles is scum. Yet when I say that I see reasons to see he's not scum, you criticize me. Yeah...

That's not at all what Scourge said. She said it's process of elimination, which IS a reason for Turtles to be scum.
And while I agree that a mafia double voter seems kinda sketchy, I don't see it as turning scum into an omnipotent force of destruction like you're claiming.

My null read on Turtles has yet to move, but my scumread on you grows stronger by the second.

Except PoE isn't a reason to call my stance on Turtles, which is legitimate, crap. It's just as valid, given that Scourge doesn't have a case. PoE is not a case. It's just "Well, I'm just down to this person because I've ruled everyone out.". And if that's Scourge's only reason, then he can't then get all huffy that I'm ruling Turtles out as scum based on setup spec. If Scourge had other reasons, that'd be different. Otherwise, this goes down to a difference of opinion, which I would think Scourge would see and go "Well, whatever." and just leave it at that. Otherwise, it falls to him to convince me
why
Turtles is scum outside his say so.
A Real Scourge
A Real Scourge
Goon
A Real Scourge
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1189 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:50 pm

Post by A Real Scourge »

Tails you have a legitimate
null
read on Turtles, and your setup spec is wrong. also i'm female. that has nothing to do with anything i just wanted to make sure you knew
All hail the king, baby.

A Real Scourge
A Real Scourge
Goon
A Real Scourge
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1190 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:55 pm

Post by A Real Scourge »

like, game-wise, you have Turtles as null. his play has not indicated alignment to you one way or the other, yes? if it had, you would have talked about how towny he was day 1, or something. so yeah, null.

you've ruled him out as scum (bad) based on setup spec (which is never 100% on the best of days and it wasn't even good setup spec). it's a difference of opinion yeah and your opinion is very bad. you've been talking all game about how there wouldn't be a scum double voter and it just sounds like you're trying to convince us.

like do i need to go over
again
how much you're overestimating the power of a scum double voter? town doesn't need Jesus to combat that. i mean, you have no way of knowing if the double vote power even
works
in lylo. you're not considering the sheer number of ways a mod could set up a game.
All hail the king, baby.

Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1191 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:56 pm

Post by Radical Rat »

In post 1188, Tails wrote:
In post 1170, Radical Rat wrote:
In post 1167, Tails wrote:So in the end, you have no reason why Turtles is scum. Yet when I say that I see reasons to see he's not scum, you criticize me. Yeah...

That's not at all what Scourge said. She said it's process of elimination, which IS a reason for Turtles to be scum.
And while I agree that a mafia double voter seems kinda sketchy, I don't see it as turning scum into an omnipotent force of destruction like you're claiming.

My null read on Turtles has yet to move, but my scumread on you grows stronger by the second.

Except PoE isn't a reason to call my stance on Turtles, which is legitimate, crap. It's just as valid, given that Scourge doesn't have a case. PoE is not a case. It's just "Well, I'm just down to this person because I've ruled everyone out.". And if that's Scourge's only reason, then he can't then get all huffy that I'm ruling Turtles out as scum based on setup spec. If Scourge had other reasons, that'd be different. Otherwise, this goes down to a difference of opinion, which I would think Scourge would see and go "Well, whatever." and just leave it at that. Otherwise, it falls to him to convince me
why
Turtles is scum outside his say so.

Why is PoE not a case? If everyone else is Town, whoever's left MUST be scum. That's irrefutable logic. As for your reason they're Town, it's based solely on your opinion of what makes a scum super broken. While I also find a scum double voter to be powerful, like I've said many times now, I doubt it's nearly as omnipotent as you say.

And frankly, giving the town both a double voter and a lynch stopper seems even less balanced.

But I'll leave all the balance stuff behind until I have actual posts to go off of. Meanwhile we have you pushing a case with almost no backing and defending Turtles with equally little.
Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1192 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:57 pm

Post by Radical Rat »

In post 1190, A Real Scourge wrote:like, game-wise, you have Turtles as null. his play has not indicated alignment to you one way or the other, yes? if it had, you would have talked about how towny he was day 1, or something. so yeah, null.

you've ruled him out as scum (bad) based on setup spec (which is never 100% on the best of days and it wasn't even good setup spec). it's a difference of opinion yeah and your opinion is very bad. you've been talking all game about how there wouldn't be a scum double voter and it just sounds like you're trying to convince us.

like do i need to go over
again
how much you're overestimating the power of a scum double voter? town doesn't need Jesus to combat that. i mean, you have no way of knowing if the double vote power even
works
in lylo. you're not considering the sheer number of ways a mod could set up a game.

Mod confirmed during D1 that double vote does NOT work in lylo.
A Real Scourge
A Real Scourge
Goon
A Real Scourge
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1193 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2016 3:00 pm

Post by A Real Scourge »

nah, Jeanne confirmed that Turtles can't use his double vote to lynch two players at once. she hasn't confirmed anything about whether it works in lylo and Turtles never answered the question when Yarrrrgami asked because he was 'afraid of being nightkilled'. for being a double voter. actually come to think of it people have been attributing too much power to the double vote this entire game. it's not that debilitating.
All hail the king, baby.

Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1194 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2016 3:04 pm

Post by Radical Rat »

In post 1193, A Real Scourge wrote:nah, Jeanne confirmed that Turtles can't use his double vote to lynch two players at once. she hasn't confirmed anything about whether it works in lylo and Turtles never answered the question when Yarrrrgami asked because he was 'afraid of being nightkilled'. for being a double voter. actually come to think of it people have been attributing too much power to the double vote this entire game. it's not that debilitating.

I thought for sure she said something about that, but looking back she has not. I guess I saw someone speculating that and misattributed the memory?
Whatever.

I guess I'm not really opposed to Turtles lynch, but it's a darn shame to be putting this much pressure on someone inactive... but then again, maybe they're hiding and this will bring them out.
VOTE: Turtles of Despair
A Real Scourge
A Real Scourge
Goon
A Real Scourge
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1195 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2016 3:05 pm

Post by A Real Scourge »

they're not inactive, beeboy was just posting today and even voted Soren.

regardless, good vote.
All hail the king, baby.

Tails
Tails
Goon
Tails
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1196 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2016 3:06 pm

Post by Tails »

PoE is a personal evaluation. It does zero good in trying to convince someone that they're wrong. In this case, BoP falls to Scourge. My ruling out Turtles as scum due to role reasons is just as valid as Scourge ruling him in based on other reads.
A Real Scourge
A Real Scourge
Goon
A Real Scourge
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1197 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2016 3:07 pm

Post by A Real Scourge »

fight me
All hail the king, baby.

A Real Scourge
A Real Scourge
Goon
A Real Scourge
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1198 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2016 3:09 pm

Post by A Real Scourge »

jokes aside your role reasons are still wrong and i can't explain this any better than i have, so yeah i'm gonna fight you.

Tails have you noticed that while i'm trying to convince everyone, the only one i'm fighting this hard is you? if you just had Turtles as null, that'd be one thing, but you're not even considering the possibility. instead you're relying on setup spec that is still wrong, and not considering otherwise, and that's NO GOOD
*high fives Sonic, heelies out of the room*
All hail the king, baby.

A Real Scourge
A Real Scourge
Goon
A Real Scourge
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1199 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2016 3:10 pm

Post by A Real Scourge »

i'm gonna go case Turtles' day one play who wants to help. Tails you can even tell me i'm confbiasing when we're done come on it'll be fun <3
All hail the king, baby.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”