Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #800 (ISO) » Tue Oct 02, 2007 3:15 pm

Post by Guardian »

Official Vote Count #32

Trojan Horse[3](theopor_COD, tyhess, pwayne66)
White[2](Flameaxe, Oman)
Flameaxe[2](White, vollkan)
Tarhalindur[2](Mastermind of Sin, curiouskarmadog)
tyhess[1](Tarhalindur)

Not Voting[2](Kakeng, Trojan Horse)
Do not lynch me.
[wiki]Great Nibbler Takeover of 2008[/wiki]
Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #801 (ISO) » Tue Oct 02, 2007 4:32 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

At the risk of OMGUS, after a quick readthrough I'm getting very suspicious of MoS.

I've seen MoS's play in long D1's when he's town (ongoing game). Something feels off about him here. He's attacking players, but given the way in which he's attacking players, I get the feeling that he's not really trying to hunt scum. It feels to me as if MoS is casting suspicion and trying to avoid stepping on toes by discussing theory, both of which are scummy.

I want to take a closer look at MoS's posts to find something more concrete, but I'm going to
Vote: MoS
in the meantime anyways.
User out of ambit.

Error 404: Sanity Not Found
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #802 (ISO) » Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:10 am

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

And it doesn't mean anything to you that:

a) I used a different strategy in this game (at least I can't remember any long D1's where I acted scummy to draw out scum)
b) I have spent the majority of this game defending myself, giving me little room to attack
c) This game has gone in circles and come out with no one that can really be argued well as scum
Permanent V/LA.
White
White
Goon
White
Goon
Goon

Post Post #803 (ISO) » Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:46 am

Post by White »

I don't really mind a or c but b? I mean come on. There's no reason you can't pick apart someone. What about when me and Flame were going at it for those few pages? You had plenty of time. Saying you've been so busy defending yourself that you couldn't hunt scum is a lie. Stop lying MoS.
Show
House Rules:

1. God came to my house and I killed him.

2. I will kill anyone who comes to my house like I killed God.

3. Give me one dead body and I might let rule #2 slide.

You have until Dawn.
tyhess
tyhess
Goon
tyhess
Goon
Goon

Post Post #804 (ISO) » Wed Oct 03, 2007 10:20 am

Post by tyhess »

All he was trying to do there was set a trap and the first person to call him on that (for not attacking) is deffiently scum just using the easy way out (end sarcasm)
White
White
Goon
White
Goon
Goon

Post Post #805 (ISO) » Wed Oct 03, 2007 10:24 am

Post by White »

I didn't understand much more than that there were words in that post but I didn't really comprehend it.
Show
House Rules:

You have until Dawn.
tyhess
tyhess
Goon
tyhess
Goon
Goon

Post Post #806 (ISO) » Wed Oct 03, 2007 10:36 am

Post by tyhess »

hahaha.....well I was trying to point out the fact to MoS of how stupid it was to try to set his little trap and call anyone who "felt for it" scum. I was saying that he would say that if anyone called him out for getting a chance to attack someone and not doing so that they were defeinelty scum and trying to get an easy lynch.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #807 (ISO) » Wed Oct 03, 2007 10:59 am

White wrote:I don't really mind a or c but b? I mean come on. There's no reason you can't pick apart someone. What about when me and Flame were going at it for those few pages? You had plenty of time. Saying you've been so busy defending yourself that you couldn't hunt scum is a lie. Stop lying MoS.
I wasn't paying much attention to the game back then. I was lurking in about half my games back then. I was talking about since I've actually become active again.
Permanent V/LA.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #808 (ISO) » Wed Oct 03, 2007 11:01 am

tyhess wrote:hahaha.....well I was trying to point out the fact to MoS of how stupid it was to try to set his little trap and call anyone who "felt for it" scum. I was saying that he would say that if anyone called him out for getting a chance to attack someone and not doing so that they were defeinelty scum and trying to get an easy lynch.
Your attempt at humor/sarcasm is full of fail. I didn't call everyone scum, and I didn't call anyone "definitely" scum. If anything, you're the one who is saying I am definitely scum, rather than the other way around. I merely said that I was very certain that there was *a* scum among those who attacked me. That doesn't make them all scum, and I'm not at all sure which one it is. Stop putting words in my mouth, please. If you keep making things up about me I might have to think you're scum trying to make me look bad, eh? Town don't make shit up, you shouldn't either.
Permanent V/LA.
Trojan Horse
Trojan Horse
Oldest Trick in the Book
Trojan Horse
Oldest Trick in the Book
Oldest Trick in the Book

Post Post #809 (ISO) » Wed Oct 03, 2007 11:01 am

Post by Trojan Horse »

White wrote:Saying you've been so busy defending yourself that you couldn't hunt scum is a lie. Stop lying MoS.
Well, I wasn't really hunting scum when I was being attacked, either. Then again, I guess I wasn't doing much better when I WASN'T being attacked.

Anyway, I'm more concerned about MoS's lower than usual level of scumhunting
before
he was attacked (as I've said before); what he said
while
he was attacked didn't seem scummy to me.
Trojan Horse
Trojan Horse
Oldest Trick in the Book
Trojan Horse
Oldest Trick in the Book
Oldest Trick in the Book

Post Post #810 (ISO) » Wed Oct 03, 2007 11:02 am

Post by Trojan Horse »

Whoa, MoS posts twice while I'm posting. Lemme quickly look over what he said...
Trojan Horse
Trojan Horse
Oldest Trick in the Book
Trojan Horse
Oldest Trick in the Book
Oldest Trick in the Book

Post Post #811 (ISO) » Wed Oct 03, 2007 11:08 am

Post by Trojan Horse »

Okay. I'm also confused by tyhess's comments. Definitely don't think MoS was setting a "trap" there.

Careful, tyhess. I've been attacked big time (and possibly deservedly so) for making jokes, and the same could happen to you. Then again, if you really are scum, feel free to look as scummy as you want :)
tyhess
tyhess
Goon
tyhess
Goon
Goon

Post Post #812 (ISO) » Wed Oct 03, 2007 12:13 pm

Post by tyhess »

Mastermind of Sin wrote:
tyhess wrote:hahaha.....well I was trying to point out the fact to MoS of how stupid it was to try to set his little trap and call anyone who "felt for it" scum. I was saying that he would say that if anyone called him out for getting a chance to attack someone and not doing so that they were defeinelty scum and trying to get an easy lynch.
Your attempt at humor/sarcasm is full of fail. I didn't call everyone scum, and I didn't call anyone "definitely" scum. If anything, you're the one who is saying I am definitely scum, rather than the other way around. I merely said that I was very certain that there was *a* scum among those who attacked me. That doesn't make them all scum, and I'm not at all sure which one it is. Stop putting words in my mouth, please. If you keep making things up about me I might have to think you're scum trying to make me look bad, eh? Town don't make shit up, you shouldn't either.

You said that you were "very certain" there was someone scum on your "bandwagon", and that that was the point of you acting scummish-to try to trap scum. And yeah, in a 12 player game with 2 scum and a cultish, chances are that 1 out of the 5 are not protown. The "trap" didn't help out at all. I was merely suggesting that you might be trying the tactic again, and yet again showing you have faulty (at times) strategy.
pwayne66
pwayne66
Goon
pwayne66
Goon
Goon

Post Post #813 (ISO) » Wed Oct 03, 2007 12:14 pm

Post by pwayne66 »

am i alone in not wanting to rehash this?
tyhess
tyhess
Goon
tyhess
Goon
Goon

Post Post #814 (ISO) » Wed Oct 03, 2007 12:32 pm

Post by tyhess »

its something to talk about before kak and tar finish rereading.....unless of cours tar is done tlaknig after his one post......
pwayne66
pwayne66
Goon
pwayne66
Goon
Goon

Post Post #815 (ISO) » Wed Oct 03, 2007 12:43 pm

Post by pwayne66 »

That's fine,

I feel you brother...

...I've been down that dark alley...

...I can appreciate its allure...
White
White
Goon
White
Goon
Goon

Post Post #816 (ISO) » Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:31 pm

Post by White »

Pwayne, you're not alone.

Ok, my own tentative deadline is for the 10th. I think it'd be best if we all start putting people on the chopping block and getting defences by then. That'll give us 2-4 days (I forget what the deadline is) to figure out what we're going to do and get organized. We can't just sit around and wait here for lurkers that evidently aren't even checking the thread.

Who else is in favor of cracking down around the 10th?
Show
House Rules:

You have until Dawn.
Trojan Horse
Trojan Horse
Oldest Trick in the Book
Trojan Horse
Oldest Trick in the Book
Oldest Trick in the Book

Post Post #817 (ISO) » Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:33 pm

Post by Trojan Horse »

I'm with you, White. Anyway, if I'm still clueless by then, two more days won't help me any.
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #818 (ISO) » Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:35 pm

Post by Flameaxe »

/sign White's motion. This will give us two days extra just in case something big happens and a lynch just won't work on the 10th.
Defined by who I dislike, not who I like~
tyhess
tyhess
Goon
tyhess
Goon
Goon

Post Post #819 (ISO) » Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:38 pm

Post by tyhess »

Yeah, I agree, 10th it is.
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #820 (ISO) » Wed Oct 03, 2007 3:04 pm

Post by vollkan »

White wrote: Ok, my own tentative deadline is for the 10th. I think it'd be best if we all start putting people on the chopping block and getting defences by then. That'll give us 2-4 days (I forget what the deadline is) to figure out what we're going to do and get organized. We can't just sit around and wait here for lurkers that evidently aren't even checking the thread.

Who else is in favor of cracking down around the 10th?
I agree. It's a real nuisance where deadlines simply roll over and things get rushed so this is good.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #821 (ISO) » Wed Oct 03, 2007 3:09 pm

tyhess wrote:
Mastermind of Sin wrote:

You said that you were "very certain" there was someone scum on your "bandwagon", and that that was the point of you acting scummish-to try to trap scum. And yeah, in a 12 player game with 2 scum and a cultish, chances are that 1 out of the 5 are not protown. The "trap" didn't help out at all. I was merely suggesting that you might be trying the tactic again, and yet again showing you have faulty (at times) strategy.
No. Just, no. If I had a daykill I would kill you right now just for sheer stupidity, and I don't give a fuck if saying this makes me look "scummy". 4 < 5, therefore, I have already improved your chances of finding scum by narrowing it down to my wagon. By focusing on those four people (not ignoring the rest of the people, mind), you can determine which one of them is most likely to be scum and lynch them. This is NOT a faulty strategy, and I'm starting to think that you might have an alterior motive for trying to debunk my original plan.

Unvote, Vote: tyhess

This is as close to a daykill as I can get.

P.S. - I didn't do anything scummy this time around, so it's not possible for me to have been repeating my tactic from before. Secondly, now that I've revealed my tactic, it's not going to work again. I'm not stupid, but maybe you are.
Permanent V/LA.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #822 (ISO) » Wed Oct 03, 2007 3:23 pm

Post by Oman »

put me down for the 10th. I'd comment, but thats the only interesting thing this page bar mos' change in avatar.
It's unfortunate that good oral sex excuses bad chemistry. - Korts
tyhess
tyhess
Goon
tyhess
Goon
Goon

Post Post #823 (ISO) » Wed Oct 03, 2007 3:27 pm

Post by tyhess »

Alterior motive? Maybe thinking that your scum? And what does 4<5 mean anyways?? And what about the people not voting for you? You said we shouldn't ignore them but if we focus on just them from now until the deadlien that's what we'd be doing. Should we give them a free pass because they didn't fall for the "trap"?

And your tactic never worked, so it can't work agian.......
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #824 (ISO) » Wed Oct 03, 2007 4:10 pm

Post by Flameaxe »

MoS wrote: By focusing on those four people (not ignoring the rest of the people, mind)
*cough*Answer*cough*
Defined by who I dislike, not who I like~

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”