'The Lost Boys' Mafia (Cry Little Sister, it's OVER!)

Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1100 (ISO) » Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:03 am

Post by Ectomancer »

Alrighty, the next prod goes out to Anix, who has not posted in almost 2 months now. That qualifies as MIA, not lurking :roll:
I have a degree in bullshit. I have patents on entire lines of bullshit. So don't sit here and feed me a line of bullshit and think that I'm not going to recognize it as one.

This unsupported statement brought to you by the Anti-Supported Statement League of the United States and Territories (ASSLUST)
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #1101 (ISO) » Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:07 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

Eighteenth Vote Count of Day Two:

Sudo_Nym - 5 (Crub, Mastermind of Sin, Dasquian, Arafax, The Central Scrutinizer)

Dasquian - 4 (-TinVision-, Sudo_Nym, HackerHuck, Yosarian2)
Ectomancer - 1 (Battle Mage)
Battle Mage - 1 (PookyTheMagicalBear)
HackerHuck - 1 (dybeck)
dybeck - 1 (Mariyta)

Not voting - 5 (AniX, Ectomancer, Sir.Laggalot, cicero, VitaminR)

With eighteen present, ten votes will lynch.
AniX has already been prodded.
VitaminR
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1102 (ISO) » Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:09 am

Post by VitaminR »

AniX is in this game?

Wow.
Dasquian
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1103 (ISO) » Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:25 am

Post by Dasquian »

I'd like to hear something from Sudo_Nym too, since he's top of my list.

Also, getting more townie vibes from cicero from the last interchange - somewhat petulant, to be sure, but I totally feel the frustration of people metagame-supporting shitty play because of a track record of doing the same. And hey, if all of the last page or so is why Pooky posted promising a long post, that's a result.

Of course, no way to tell he wasn't going to anyway.
[size=84]QUACK[/size]
Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1104 (ISO) » Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:47 am

Post by Mariyta »

Ectomancer wrote:Alrighty, the next prod goes out to Anix, who has not posted in almost 2 months now. That qualifies as MIA, not lurking :roll:
He's not MIA. I told him days ago to post something game-breaking (cause, well, he's Mr. 11th Hour and should be able to do stuff like that). He whined about his laptop or something and never did it. :P
Millions long for immortality who don't know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon.
-Susan Ertz

Whoever thinks grammar is not important, think again. Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #1105 (ISO) » Wed Oct 03, 2007 5:31 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

I'd like to hear something from Sudo_Nym too, since he's top of my list.
I'm on top of a lot of people's lists.

I have nothing to say; everything I'd care to say has been said by others. And last time I repeated somebody, all I got was "OMG! PARROT SCUM!" and I'd rather not relive that, thanks.
One time, back in 'nam, Sudo was set upon by an entire squadron of charlies. He challenged them all to a game of Pictionary, which he won resoundingly. The charlies were forced to not only surrender the skirmish, but also their world-famous chili recipe, which Sudo sold to Texas for a hefty profit. Sudo is a master of diplomacy.
Dasquian
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1106 (ISO) » Wed Oct 03, 2007 10:13 pm

Post by Dasquian »

You do realise that saying nothing is a load worse, right?
[size=84]QUACK[/size]
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1107 (ISO) » Wed Oct 03, 2007 10:57 pm

Post by Ectomancer »

LOL

You two sound like an old 40's movie.

Dasquian: Something's goin on around here and I'm gonna get to the bottom of it. <points at Sudo> You there, start talkin.
Sudo: I got nuttin to say.
Dasquian: Nuttin to say ehh? Well we'll just see about that.

Dasquian, without saying what it is you want to hear about, you may as well have said "Hey Sudo, say something townie."

Sudo, if people just want to hear something from you without being specific, there are a few "contributory" posts you might make. I put that in italics because while they are always useful, sometimes people will make them to be "helpful" or to avoid a lurker tag. In this situation, content is being demanded, so whatever you choose would be fine.
Do a point by point. With 45 pages you would do more of a summary of major events as you interpret how they happened.
Give a short analysis of each player in the game, or in one this size, choose a group to do for a specific reason.
Give a town/scum scale and where each player falls on it in your eyes.
Give us your top 3 suspects and why.

I'm sure you could come up with something along those lines to contribute. I'm not a big fan of "I have nothing to say" either.
I have a degree in bullshit. I have patents on entire lines of bullshit. So don't sit here and feed me a line of bullshit and think that I'm not going to recognize it as one.

This unsupported statement brought to you by the Anti-Supported Statement League of the United States and Territories (ASSLUST)
Dasquian
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1108 (ISO) » Wed Oct 03, 2007 11:17 pm

Post by Dasquian »

Ectomancer wrote:Dasquian, without saying what it is you want to hear about, you may as well have said "Hey Sudo, say something townie."
Which, if he's scum, is a perfectly reasonable challenge to issue :)

But yes, what Ecto said. Even with nothing specific to say, every player should be able to do a brain-dump and put out some thoughts. Even if it's repeating other people's posts then there's value in putting your name to them.
[size=84]QUACK[/size]
Arafax
Arafax
Mafia Scum
Arafax
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1109 (ISO) » Thu Oct 04, 2007 1:35 am

Post by Arafax »

Um, I would guess that Anix can not post (a post restriction or something) because I mentioned an Anix prod to Flay a few pages back, he didn't post anything of relevance about helping out....Then he does the same thing to Ecto...Plus Flay is a mod who is quickly on top of prods, VC's etc....Now, if he can't post due to a restriciton, what does that mean?....I think that we can agree that he was "vamp in the movie, but not in game" and with the no kill N1 is it possible that he was brought into the cult?

Thoughts?
"I will wait for you forever...If you would just ask me"
- Emery
Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1110 (ISO) » Thu Oct 04, 2007 2:26 am

Post by Mariyta »

Arafax wrote:Um, I would guess that Anix can not post (a post restriction or something) because I mentioned an Anix prod to Flay a few pages back, he didn't post anything of relevance about helping out....Then he does the same thing to Ecto...Plus Flay is a mod who is quickly on top of prods, VC's etc....Now, if he can't post due to a restriciton, what does that mean?....I think that we can agree that he was "vamp in the movie, but not in game" and with the no kill N1 is it possible that he was brought into the cult?

Thoughts?
I was beginning to think that as well. If I were the leader of a cult, I know he'd be one I'd want on my side. It's a bit worrisome.

Random question: do doctor's save against cult infections or just deaths? Or does it depend on the mod?
Millions long for immortality who don't know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon.
-Susan Ertz

Whoever thinks grammar is not important, think again. Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
VitaminR
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1111 (ISO) » Thu Oct 04, 2007 3:32 am

Post by VitaminR »

I don't know, AniX has gone MIA like that in other large games I've been in with him.
AniX
AniX
None
UCalled
AniX
None
UCalled
UCalled
Pronoun: None

Post Post #1112 (ISO) » Thu Oct 04, 2007 5:36 am

Post by AniX »

Its not really MIA or post restriction so much as "I'm experience what some might call extreme lack of anything important to say". I'm actively reading the game I just...can't think of anything to say that someone hasn't already said six-times to Sunday.

I can also confirm that I have not been recruited to the cult.

Thats a curious statement you make there, Arafax. You are also a "vamp in the movie, but not in game". Are you suggesting, therefore, you believe that a cult leader is running around recruiting people like us? That would be a pretty reasonable thing to say...if one couldn't temper your statement by asking why you haven't been recruited yet. After all, you were MUCH more direct with your partial role-claim. Why would I be recruited and not you? The cult would need to be pretty stupid to not pick one of us, and it would be more stupid to not target the full-claimed and, I assume, more certain a recruitment over the "perhaps we speculate" vamp-town I am.

I could suggest, if I was suggesting such things, you could theoretically be a cult leader or recruited cult member who knows that there is vampires who are town (since you would be told those are the people you could need to recruit) and thus could make such a safe vamp-town claim. Then, you know there is another vamp-town and...He "disappears". You don't want to recruit a non-player. So why not draw attention to him, put pressure on the mod to replace him, so your cult can recruit the newly replaced and thus newly active player?

I think you overplayed your hand, and I'm going to ante on it.

Vote Arafax

Mariyta, I told you it was coming. I just have very specific time-based powers.
Official Gimmick List:
INVENTOR OF UPICK!
LORD OF THE 11TH HOUR!
ASEXUAL!
KING SCAR APOLOGIST!
DREAMER OF THE NE0N DREAM (SUPP 2021 LAST PLACE WINNER)!

I have donned the
RED CROWN
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #1113 (ISO) » Thu Oct 04, 2007 5:57 am

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

Unvote, Vote: Arafax

This looks like a good place to put some pressure. The Sudo_Nym wagon is stalled.
Permanent V/LA.
dybeck
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
Ooh ooh ooh

Post Post #1114 (ISO) » Thu Oct 04, 2007 6:30 am

Post by dybeck »

Eeny. Meeny. Miney. Vote.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1115 (ISO) » Thu Oct 04, 2007 7:50 am

Post by cicero »

The Central Scrutinizer wrote:
unvote, vote: sudo_nym

I will accept either a sudo or ecto lynch today.

and yet again
FOS: The Central Scrutinizer

The real question is are you scum or some kind of jester? (although I don't know how a jester would fit the Lost Boys theme).

I really don't think you are townie, TCM. I can certainly understand people going after Sudonym. I think he's just a newb but he could be newb scum. Going after Sudonym, Ecto and MoS though. That's just a weird pattern that seems to defy an honest reading. I really don't trust you.

@Pooky - Still waiting. You promised us.
Dasquian
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1116 (ISO) » Thu Oct 04, 2007 8:28 am

Post by Dasquian »

I really don't want to see a bandwagon chasing the spectre of a potential game mechanic.
FOS: AniX
for suggesting it and
FOS: MoS
for following it so readily (though, fair point, for some reason I cannot fathom, the Sudo_nym bandwagon has indeed stalled).

Yes, we could well have a cult (after all, vampires fit that mechanic perfectly), and if we did,
maybe
they can only recruit people who were vampires in the film and
maybe
they recruited Arafax last night. What,
that's
your case?

Here are some other theories:

- There is one vampire mafia not matching the film's brood and they bodged last night's kill.
- There is one non-vampire mafia with some thematic connection to the film and they bodged last night's kill.
- There is a recruiting vampire cult who
didn't
recruit Arafax, seeing as he's quite prominent and liable to fall under suspicion.

I could keep going, but I think you get my drift - why is your very specific theory that Arafax got recruited last night worth pursuing when we don't know for sure there are any
vampires
even in this game? I'm going to be somewhat surprised if there aren't, but for now, you're building a case on some shaky assumptions.
[size=84]QUACK[/size]
dybeck
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
Ooh ooh ooh

Post Post #1117 (ISO) » Thu Oct 04, 2007 8:31 am

Post by dybeck »

Oh for god's sake not the Jester conversation again. Give me strength.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1118 (ISO) » Thu Oct 04, 2007 8:33 am

Post by cicero »

dybeck wrote:Oh for god's sake not the Jester conversation again. Give me strength.

Actually it was only a comment until you just now made it a conversation.

;-)
dybeck
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
Ooh ooh ooh

Post Post #1119 (ISO) » Thu Oct 04, 2007 8:36 am

Post by dybeck »

Well, don't do it again. It makes my kitten cry.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1120 (ISO) » Thu Oct 04, 2007 8:41 am

Post by cicero »

dybeck wrote:Well, don't do it again. It makes my kitten cry.
Works for me. In that case, I think TCM is scum. What do you think?
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1121 (ISO) » Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:17 am

Post by cicero »

Yosarian2 wrote: Not quite sure what you mean by "this whole cluster". You mean, everyone who's claimed vampire?
No. I meant that particular player. (there are four of him). But I guess it has to extend to the other claimed vampires as well.

I'm just re-reading and saw that question, Yos.

Anything else anyone sees me as ignoring that they'd like addressed?
dybeck
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
Ooh ooh ooh

Post Post #1122 (ISO) » Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:33 am

Post by dybeck »

cicero wrote:
dybeck wrote:Well, don't do it again. It makes my kitten cry.
Works for me. In that case, I think TCM is scum. What do you think?
I suspect that he isn't. But I can see why people would think he was.
AniX
AniX
None
UCalled
AniX
None
UCalled
UCalled
Pronoun: None

Post Post #1123 (ISO) » Thu Oct 04, 2007 10:30 am

Post by AniX »

Dasquian wrote:I really don't want to see a bandwagon chasing the spectre of a potential game mechanic.
FOS: AniX
for suggesting it and
FOS: MoS
for following it so readily (though, fair point, for some reason I cannot fathom, the Sudo_nym bandwagon has indeed stalled).

Yes, we could well have a cult (after all, vampires fit that mechanic perfectly), and if we did,
maybe
they can only recruit people who were vampires in the film and
maybe
they recruited Arafax last night. What,
that's
your case?

Here are some other theories:

- There is one vampire mafia not matching the film's brood and they bodged last night's kill.
- There is one non-vampire mafia with some thematic connection to the film and they bodged last night's kill.
- There is a recruiting vampire cult who
didn't
recruit Arafax, seeing as he's quite prominent and liable to fall under suspicion.

I could keep going, but I think you get my drift - why is your very specific theory that Arafax got recruited last night worth pursuing when we don't know for sure there are any
vampires
even in this game? I'm going to be somewhat surprised if there aren't, but for now, you're building a case on some shaky assumptions.
EXACTLY my point. Arafax is building a case on shaking assumptions, so shaky in fact I suspect his assumptions could only be based on outside knowledge he has of the cult situation. Its kind of like when someone says "Ok, one mafia is dead so we have to kill 2 more." when 3 mafia has not been stipulated as the truth. How did he come across this information? In his gusto to look townie, he revealed his non-town. A classic mafia situation, and one I suspect is playing itself out right now.

Arafax brought the cult into the conversation that previously wasn't even reaching for it, and such an out-of-the-blue reference, coupled with the fact the cult, if it worked as he suggested, would lead to him being extremely likely to be recruited last night, leads me to believe further pressure on him is a better path to pursue than dybeck and cicero bitching at each other for half a page.
Official Gimmick List:
INVENTOR OF UPICK!
LORD OF THE 11TH HOUR!
ASEXUAL!
KING SCAR APOLOGIST!
DREAMER OF THE NE0N DREAM (SUPP 2021 LAST PLACE WINNER)!

I have donned the
RED CROWN
Dasquian
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1124 (ISO) » Thu Oct 04, 2007 10:42 am

Post by Dasquian »

You're right, Arafax's post is full of weird leaps of logic and is suspicious in its own merits. I just don't really see why a cult would recruit him when they could recruit, eg, you. Or anyone else. If they even exist.

Just because he's using shitty logic doesn't mean we can turn it upside down and make it unshitty, though.
[size=84]QUACK[/size]

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”