Mini 488 - Killings in Clich├®-town - Game Over!

ChronX
ChronX
Goon
ChronX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Mon Sep 24, 2007 2:39 pm

Post by ChronX »

/agree

unvote
vote Jenter

This desisted lynch is stupid. He plays similarly in other games I've been in with him. Its aggravating as hell that people who try to play the game are fingered as scummy, but the ones who sit back and do nothing out of fear (which IS scummy) get a free pass.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Votecount:
as of post 242

d3sisted – 4 – Kison, IH, vollkan, Jenter Brolincani

Jenter Brolincani – 2 – ChronX, Paradoxombie
Vollkan – 1 – D3sisted,
ChronX – 1 – Head_Honcho

Not Voting – 3 – GatorGuy91, poppinpuffin, the central scrutinizer

With
alive, it's
six
to lynch.
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Mon Sep 24, 2007 2:58 pm

Post by vollkan »

Jenter wrote: I'm still most sus of de3sisted...
Why?
Para wrote: I'm thinking D3sisted for today's lynch, though I'll admit I'd perfer to find someone scummier. Looking for some new opinions and input.
Why d3sisted?
TCS wrote: D3sisted looks like a decent day one lynch. With this amount of content, I have few genuine suspicions.
Why?
poppinpuffin
poppinpuffin
Goon
poppinpuffin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Tue Sep 25, 2007 4:23 am

Post by poppinpuffin »

OK so I'm back.
Sorry about that absence, college basically raped me.

I don't like the wagon on D3...
It looks like a lot of town are being caught up between opportunistic scum.
We have SEVERAL (basically) FoS's on D3 with absolutely no explanation behind them more than "oh well he looks scummy... he's the play for today... he's the only one talking so he must be scum..." etc.

Also, if you're really suspicious of D3, why test the waters and say you think he's the play and you think he's scummalicious without actually voting or FoSing. Sounds to me like you're trying to go with the flow way too much, be you town or scum. It is not pro-town to ride other's opinions and hope they're right, just as it's not pro town to not state explanations for opinions.

There is a time and place for unexplained voting and accusations, and this is not it. We have plenty of (crap) conversation, so stop riding the wave and actually talk y'all.

FoS TCS, Para, and Jenter
for above reasons

Also
FoS Vollkan

Not only did the over-reaction illuminated between his argument with D3 look scummy to me, but he is clearly letting his emotions come between him and finding the scum. I don't think that town usually over-react so badly because outside of LyLo, they know that they can still win if they are mislynched D1 (which is really common unfortunately).
Show
jhawk01B: you go to lynch becca
somestrangeflea: This better be good!
somestrangeflea: NO!
Mertrodome: haha
poppinpuffin: hahahahh!!!
jhawk01B: and she escapes
jhawk01B: NIGHT
IH
IH
Always Scum
IH
Always Scum
Always Scum

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Tue Sep 25, 2007 5:34 am

Post by IH »

ChronX wrote:/agree

unvote
vote Jenter

This desisted lynch is stupid. He plays similarly in other games I've been in with him. Its aggravating as hell that people who try to play the game are fingered as scummy, but the ones who sit back and do nothing out of fear (which IS scummy) get a free pass.
Well you're giving another scummy player a free pass for calling it his playstyle.

Sorry. Not buying. I would like some links to some completed games with his alignment confirmed also before I even
consider
this meta.
Untrod Tripod (7:27:18 PM): you enjoy whoring
xcaykex (7:27:24 PM): yes
xcaykex (7:27:26 PM): i know that
Jenter Brolincani
Jenter Brolincani
Goon
Jenter Brolincani
Goon
Goon

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Tue Sep 25, 2007 6:00 am

Post by Jenter Brolincani »

^Agree. Just because it's normal doesn't mean it's good play.

However, volkan is now defending d3sisted and asking people hwy they think he's scum where a page ago he was listing out reasons for the above and was desperate to lynch him? Basically we're agreeing with you, now you turn round...

vote vollkan
Show
Who dares, dies.

No access on thursdays.

...this would be much simpler for me if one of you could stop making sense and act like scum. - Elmo

...So the only scum is a player with no vote, no NK and doesn't exist? - Rogue Shenanigans
Paradoxombie
Paradoxombie
Mafia Scum
Paradoxombie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Tue Sep 25, 2007 9:43 am

Post by Paradoxombie »

Well I still think d3sisted's vote hopping early on was somewhat scummy, and one of the only real scum tells I've seen. However:
Jenter Brolincani wrote: However, volkan is now defending d3sisted and asking people hwy they think he's scum where a page ago he was listing out reasons for the above and was desperate to lynch him? Basically we're agreeing with you, now you turn round...

vote vollkan
I think this is pretty bad. Volkan, does it remind you of TheHermit in Mini 486? It's really Deja vu; too bad TheHermit's role hasn't been confirmed yet.

Vote:Jenter
"Beware of Zombie Entanglements."
-George Washington

So it goes.
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Tue Sep 25, 2007 11:45 am

Post by vollkan »

Jenter wrote: However, volkan is now defending d3sisted and asking people hwy they think he's scum where a page ago he was listing out reasons for the above and was desperate to lynch him? Basically we're agreeing with you, now you turn round...

vote vollkan
Hold on a sec. I see three people saying "We think d3sisted is scummy" with no explanation and so I ask for clarity. I fail to see why that is vote-worthy, yet alone even worthy of suspicion.

Meta, I very frequently ask people to explain precisely what they mean when they say "X is scummy".

I won't defend myself on this, because it is consistent with how I always play. I have a real problem with people expressing vague suspicions and so I always challenge it, even when it goes against what I am saying.

Furthermore, just because you agree with me does not in any way mean I should somehow give you a free ride and not challenge you. I could be wrong about d3sisted and I am always on the look out for opportunism.

Jenter, why is me querying you and the other people on the bases for your suspicions of d3s a scumtell (which is implied by the fact you just voted me for it)

FoS: Jenter
. Will be removed if he articulates precisely how me challenging the vague suspicions expressed is a vote-worthy scumtell (or even a scumtell at all).
Para wrote: I think this is pretty bad. Volkan, does it remind you of TheHermit in Mini 486?
Yeah, you're right. Speaking of 486, they are doing very well in our absence, if you haven't been keeping up with it.
d3sisted
d3sisted
Mafia Scum
d3sisted
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Tue Sep 25, 2007 12:19 pm

Post by d3sisted »

Didn't like his earlier post, and now his 229 makes it obvious he's just trying to go with the flow/bw. I may consider voting him in the near future, but I kinda like my vollkan vote right now.

For IH's reference:
Open 28 - Doctor (lynched)
Mini 490 - Vanilla Town (lynched)
Mini 491 - Vig (Town win)
Mini 436 - Vanilla Town (scum win)
Mini 460 - Vanilla Town (scum win)
Open 35 - Vanilla Town (nked)

I've also got power roles in Mini 471 and Newbie 443 (roleclaimed in both of them too), so check those out if you want.
This. Is. [color=red][b]SPARTA![/b][/color]

[color=red][b][i]V/LA Dec 22 - Jan 4[/i][/b][/color]
Paradoxombie
Paradoxombie
Mafia Scum
Paradoxombie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Tue Sep 25, 2007 12:40 pm

Post by Paradoxombie »

Which reminds me of Jenter's post 105, which we quickly called him on.
"Beware of Zombie Entanglements."
-George Washington

So it goes.
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Tue Sep 25, 2007 2:32 pm

Post by Kison »

I would not mind hearing Jenter's reasons for going after d3sisted, either. I hope they vary more than the ones I have brought up previously in the game.
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:53 pm

Post by vollkan »

Para wrote: Which reminds me of Jenter's post 105, which we quickly called him on.
From what I read, he didn't justify that "suspicion" either. I am very interested to see how he explains this now.
IH
IH
Always Scum
IH
Always Scum
Always Scum

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Wed Sep 26, 2007 5:57 am

Post by IH »

So you have absolutely no idea how he would play as scum, or have their been those as well? If not how can you prove that he would post any differently as scum?
Untrod Tripod (7:27:18 PM): you enjoy whoring
xcaykex (7:27:24 PM): yes
xcaykex (7:27:26 PM): i know that
Jenter Brolincani
Jenter Brolincani
Goon
Jenter Brolincani
Goon
Goon

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Wed Sep 26, 2007 6:21 am

pbpa desisted; Part A...

The first half of the game, pages 1-5....
If the mason know each other to be town, and have no other abilities, they can all roleclaim and vouch for one another without ramification right? Or have I misconceived the mason role?

Vote: Eyceking
My spidey senses are tingling.

436 was a noob mistake.
Fine here.
Whoa, didn't realize SPAG was playing.

For taking so long to get Mini 490 started (ironically named Speed Mafia):
Vote SPAG
Random vote #2. fine.
Jenter, you forgot to bold your vote.

Vote: The Deepfried Ninja
I'll BW vote you to hell.
Ok, yet another random vote...

Vote: Janter
Bandwagoned, bitch.

Awfully keen on BWing.
Vote: Head_Honcho

You better start talking.
Was this a joke? It's pretty darn agressive fo a pg1 question about why he keeps second voting.
Vote: Paradoxombie for neglecting the bold faced type.
Still random...
Nonetheless, I'd really like for the activity to pick up in this thread.

Let's see if I can spark some discussion here:
Unvote; Vote: Headbanana

Go ahead, call me scummy.
Um... why will another random vote in the middle of page 2 make activity better?
Unvote
FoS: Trumpezia
Didn't like the idea of you popping in all of a sudden to slap one on IH. He didn't understand Jenter (neither did I, for that matter). Since when was ignorance scummy?
Right we seem to be getting serious here, he does have a very minor point.

From Head Honcho;

Guys if the day never ends we can all live in harmony.

Why are you so anxious for the day to end? Can't wait to use your NK, scum?

And since you're not exactly contributing anything here, how do you expect us to get moving?

Vote: Head_Honcho
wtf? He gives a point against Trumpezia and FoSes, then actually votes for a rather offhand comment? Bias sees I here.
Eyceking wrote:
Vote: Head_Honcho for his comment about everything "being so hard".
You took him seriously even with the gun-cleaning witticism in there?

Unbelievable.

Unvote; Vote: Eyceking
Hmm interesting. He failed to remove his vote on H_H for 2 posts after the gun cleaning witticism, then next page turns round and calls it unbelievable that someone took it seriously.
Head_Honcho wrote:
I'm inclined to agree, but was worried about getting accused of OMGUSing. Well, if I'm not the only one that finds it fishy.
Ok, right now I'm ridiculously suspicious of Head_Honcho. First there was his post 41, and now this? Some explaning is in order here.

Unvote; Vote: Head_Honcho
Then turns back round and says post 41 was suspicious again.
As much as I hate to say this, I'm not convinced you're the lynch for today.
Unvote
Fails to elaborate on why not or indeed and somewhat more importantly why he 'hates to say' it.
Ok, Jenter, you can take that vote off yourself now. I'm more than convinced you're just trying too hard to act town ("Oh look! My vote was still on myself! What a silly town thing to do, as scum would never do that.")

I was going to mention it earlier, but thought I'd wait a while longer.
Unvote; Vote: Jenter

Right now I'm convinced at least one of the following is scum:
trumpezia, Jenter, Kison, Eyceking
Why did he wait a while longer? Why not reveal things he had noticed that would in his opinion be helpful to town?
Yes I have been rather jumpy, but I think my most recent vote on Jenter is here to stay.
Right so now he says he's 'locked on' as it were. On page 4 in a 12 man game? eh wut?
Nice of you to join in, slash. Now, are you going to contribute some content, or should I just vote you the fuck out because I'm tired of the lurking and inactivity.
He then says he is considering BWing lurkers... BAAD. There's such thing as a prod ya know...

I will here quote Kison on two very good points;

The thing about d3sisted is not his vote hopping. The problem I have with him starts with this post :
d3sisted wrote:
Unvote
So let me get this straight : an early game vote had you somewhat convinced that Head Honcho was the lynch for the day, but after a 1-liner rebuttal, you are from that point on no longer convinced of this?
Quote:
You hardly have a case against any of the people you listed. You said this during page four of the game. How can you be convinced that one of the people you named is scum? We're not anywhere near far enough into the game for you to be convinced of anything. If you magically are, please give a decent reason for it. As far as I recall, I myself only made one post up until this point. If that's damning evidence, along with whatever you have against the other two, then I'd be a wonderful scum killer in all of my games.

And the reply;
Just because I didn't provide reasons, doesn't mean I changed votes because of his one-liner rebuttal. Don't get presumptuous here.

Those 4 make up the player list minus the pro-town ones. I don't see the need for bringing up cases unless I'm backing up a vote.

Ok, I think "convinced" was the wrong word to use here. There's a lot less certainty than it sounds. I don't really know a good word for that.

BTW, I know you're just trying to mimic Jenter's 80 so you can blow it way out of proportion.

Aside from that, Jenter and Gator's posts didn't sit well with me at all. It seems like they're getting ready to pounce onto the wagon soon as it hits the 2 or 3 mark.
a) Why didn't you provide reasons? TOWNIES HAVE NOTHING TO HIDE FROM THE TOWN.
b) Try 'I think' or 'I believe'or similar.

I may not be able to do pages 6-10 until friday, but that's a few points jotted down there.
Show
Who dares, dies.

No access on thursdays.

...this would be much simpler for me if one of you could stop making sense and act like scum. - Elmo

...So the only scum is a player with no vote, no NK and doesn't exist? - Rogue Shenanigans
d3sisted
d3sisted
Mafia Scum
d3sisted
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Wed Sep 26, 2007 4:51 pm

Post by d3sisted »

Jenter Brolincani wrote:
Vote: Janter
Bandwagoned, bitch.
Awfully keen on BWing.
Firstly, a second vote hardly makes a serious bandwagon. Secondly, when the first vote on you was your own vote on yourself, then meh...
Jenter Brolincani wrote:
Vote: Head_Honcho. You better start talking.
Was this a joke? It's pretty darn agressive fo a pg1 question about why he keeps second voting.
Still in the random/joke phase. Should've been obvious when post proceeding it is another random vote.
Jenter Brolincani wrote:
Nonetheless, I'd really like for the activity to pick up in this thread.

Let's see if I can spark some discussion here:
Unvote; Vote: Headbanana

Go ahead, call me scummy.
Um... why will another random vote in the middle of page 2 make activity better?
3rd consecutive BW vote ought to have been looked upon as scummy, thus generating discussion.
Jenter Brolincani wrote:wtf? He gives a point against Trumpezia and FoSes, then actually votes for a rather offhand comment? Bias sees I here.
I FoS, then if I see someone acting scummier, I swap onto him. Pretty basic.
Jenter Brolincani wrote:
Eyceking wrote:
Vote: Head_Honcho for his comment about everything "being so hard".
You took him seriously even with the gun-cleaning witticism in there?

Unbelievable.

Unvote; Vote: Eyceking
Hmm interesting. He failed to remove his vote on H_H for 2 posts after the gun cleaning witticism, then next page turns round and calls it unbelievable that someone took it seriously.
My own vote on H_H was completely irrelevant. In fact, the vote came before the witticism. Just because he cracked some joke, means he should be cleared from all suspicion?
Jenter Brolincani wrote:
Head_Honcho wrote:
I'm inclined to agree, but was worried about getting accused of OMGUSing. Well, if I'm not the only one that finds it fishy.
Ok, right now I'm ridiculously suspicious of Head_Honcho. First there was his post 41, and now this? Some explaning is in order here.

Unvote; Vote: Head_Honcho
Then turns back round and says post 41 was suspicious again.
When did I ever say 41
wasn't
suspicious? There are two separate posts involved here, 41 and 43. Get those straight.
Jenter Brolincani wrote:
Unvote
Fails to elaborate on why not or indeed and somewhat more importantly why he 'hates to say' it.
As he explained, I had misrepresented both of his posts, so I unvoted him.
Jenter Brolincani wrote:
Ok, Jenter, you can take that vote off yourself now. I'm more than convinced you're just trying too hard to act town ("Oh look! My vote was still on myself! What a silly town thing to do, as scum would never do that.")

I was going to mention it earlier, but thought I'd wait a while longer.
Unvote; Vote: Jenter

Why did he wait a while longer? Why not reveal things he had noticed that would in his opinion be helpful to town?
So that you can't escape by saying "Oh, I didn't get the chance to unvote".
Jenter Brolincani wrote:
Yes I have been rather jumpy, but I think my most recent vote on Jenter is here to stay.
Right so now he says he's 'locked on' as it were. On page 4 in a 12 man game? eh wut?
And why wouldn't I want to vote off the scummiest player in my eyes? If you'll also notice, I never quite lived up to that commitment, so I don't know what you're trying to argue here.
Jenter Brolincani wrote:
Nice of you to join in, slash. Now, are you going to contribute some content, or should I just vote you the fuck out because I'm tired of the lurking and inactivity.
He then says he is considering BWing lurkers... BAAD. There's such thing as a prod ya know...
Did you see me vote him for it?
Jenter Brolincani wrote:I will here quote Kison on two very good points;

The thing about d3sisted is not his vote hopping. The problem I have with him starts with this post :
d3sisted wrote:
Unvote
So let me get this straight : an early game vote had you somewhat convinced that Head Honcho was the lynch for the day, but after a 1-liner rebuttal, you are from that point on no longer convinced of this?
Quote:
You hardly have a case against any of the people you listed. You said this during page four of the game. How can you be convinced that one of the people you named is scum? We're not anywhere near far enough into the game for you to be convinced of anything. If you magically are, please give a decent reason for it. As far as I recall, I myself only made one post up until this point. If that's damning evidence, along with whatever you have against the other two, then I'd be a wonderful scum killer in all of my games.

And the reply;
Just because I didn't provide reasons, doesn't mean I changed votes because of his one-liner rebuttal. Don't get presumptuous here.

Those 4 make up the player list minus the pro-town ones. I don't see the need for bringing up cases unless I'm backing up a vote.

Ok, I think "convinced" was the wrong word to use here. There's a lot less certainty than it sounds. I don't really know a good word for that.

BTW, I know you're just trying to mimic Jenter's 80 so you can blow it way out of proportion.

Aside from that, Jenter and Gator's posts didn't sit well with me at all. It seems like they're getting ready to pounce onto the wagon soon as it hits the 2 or 3 mark.
a) Why didn't you provide reasons? TOWNIES HAVE NOTHING TO HIDE FROM THE TOWN.
b) Try 'I think' or 'I believe'or similar.
Right back atcha there. Why does the sus come before the pbpa? In fact, ChronX even had to call you on it before you bothered. Got something to hide?

Elias_the_thief
Elias_the_thief
He/Him
Not Statistically Significant
Elias_the_thief
He/Him
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Thu Sep 27, 2007 8:30 am

Post by Elias_the_thief »

Day will end in approximately 3 and a half hours.

Also, sorry for the inconvenience, but Jenter, can you confirm who you are voting for? You wrote "janter".
I play the games rul gud.
ChronX
ChronX
Goon
ChronX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Thu Sep 27, 2007 8:48 am

Post by ChronX »

Elias, if you are referring to post 237, I think he just formatted badly. That is a quote from a while ago of d3sisted. Jenter voted in 227 and hadn't unvoted.
Jenter Brolincani
Jenter Brolincani
Goon
Jenter Brolincani
Goon
Goon

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Thu Sep 27, 2007 9:42 am

What?
vote;d3sisted
Show
Who dares, dies.

No access on thursdays.

ChronX
ChronX
Goon
ChronX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Thu Sep 27, 2007 9:55 am

Post by ChronX »

I hope we get replacement for gatorguy (aug 26 last post) and activity from the other half of the town on day 2.
Elias_the_thief
Elias_the_thief
He/Him
Elias_the_thief
He/Him

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Thu Sep 27, 2007 2:14 pm

End of Day 1 Votecount:

d3sisted
– 4 – Kison, IH, vollkan, Jenter Brolincani

Jenter Brolincani – 2 – ChronX, Paradoxombie
Vollkan – 1 – D3sisted,
ChronX – 1 – Head_Honcho

As the day grew old, the argument in town hall droned on and on. Much of the town sat around, staring carelessly out of windows. The sun began to set. As clock stuck Eight O’clock, the town would have no more debate. They had had enough. Ignoring other absent-minded towns members, Kison, IH, Vollkan, Jenter Brolincani all turned their eyes to D3sisted. Poor D3sisted looked right and left, hoping for an escape, or help from the daydreaming members of Cliché-town, but it was to no avail. As the sun went down, Jenter finished up tying the noose around D3sisted’s neck. Then they all watched as D3sisted breathed his last breath. As he hung, an I.D. card fell out of his pocket. It identified him as a vanilla townie.

D3sisted,
vanilla townie
lynched Day 1.
Last edited by Elias_the_thief on Thu Sep 27, 2007 2:31 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Elias_the_thief
Elias_the_thief
He/Him
Elias_the_thief
He/Him

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Thu Sep 27, 2007 2:14 pm

It is now
Night 1
. Please send all night choices quickly.
Elias_the_thief
Elias_the_thief
He/Him
Elias_the_thief
He/Him

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Mon Oct 01, 2007 3:20 pm

The moon hung high in the sky. The sound of rustling leaves was all that could be heard. All of the townsfolk rushed back to their houses, not too keen to be out in the open with homicide on the rise. All of the townsfolk made it back to their houses. The night passed uneventfully. There were no deaths.

No deaths on Night 1

It is now
Day 2
. With ten alive, it will take
six
to lynch.
Last edited by Elias_the_thief on Mon Oct 29, 2007 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
d3sisted
d3sisted
Mafia Scum
d3sisted
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Mon Oct 01, 2007 3:34 pm

Post by d3sisted »

Bah, what a crappy ending to the day...

Go town!

Head_Honcho
Head_Honcho
Goon
Head_Honcho
Goon
Goon

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Mon Oct 01, 2007 6:59 pm

Post by Head_Honcho »

Good job doc, or whatever phenomenon nullified the night kill.
Immoral Acts: 0
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Mon Oct 01, 2007 7:03 pm

Post by vollkan »

Damn it! I was wrong about d3sisted....

Anyway, well done to whoever managed to prevent the NK.

I intend on doing a bit of a re-read now, chiefly looking Jenter.
ChronX
ChronX
Goon
ChronX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Tue Oct 02, 2007 4:16 am

Post by ChronX »

d3sisted wrote:Jenter, your posts this game have hardly given us anything. Then, you leave for 10 days and that's all you can manage to contribute?

Same goes for TCS: is that all you've come up with on your readthrough? That there's nothing to comment on and that I'm the best lead you have? This is just disgusting.
Quoting the dead for truth.

I would like an answer from Jenter and CentralScrut on the following question:

Now that we know the d3sisted was town, do you think it is likely that there was 1 or more scum on the small bandwagon which got him killed, or do you think it more likely that d3sisted's playstyle led to a legitimate if erroneous mislynch, and the scum just stayed away from it altogether?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”