Xkfyu
Xkfyu
Mafia Scum
Xkfyu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2016 5:45 am

Post by Xkfyu »

In post 349, Randomnamechange wrote:That isn't the point and you know it.

Actually, I don't, because it definitely seemed to me like that that was a significant point of your argument.

But if I misunderstood, then by all means, explain to me how a no lynch would benefit us at this point, given what we already know about some people's roles?
Xkfyu
Xkfyu
Mafia Scum
Xkfyu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2016 5:54 am

Post by Xkfyu »

In post 350, Xkfyu wrote:
In post 349, Randomnamechange wrote:That isn't the point and you know it.

Actually, I don't, because it definitely seemed to me like that that was a significant point of your argument.

But if I misunderstood, then by all means, explain to me how a no lynch would benefit us at this point, given what we already know about some people's roles?

Unless your point WAS to actually soft claim Jailor. In which case, I would just consider you a named townie, unless there was a counter claim, and still not support a no lynch, because we are still virtually guaranteed to not lynch town today.
Yarrrrgami
Yarrrrgami
Goon
Yarrrrgami
Goon
Goon

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2016 6:05 am

Post by Yarrrrgami »

I be thinkin' hypno-ring pirate is just being his usual self, and his "push" for a No Lynch be not motivated by his duties as a deckhand, scurvy or no.

At this point, we may be best off just makin' the inky pirate walk the plank, and sortin' things out tomorrow when there be some corpses to look at, especially if ye all be so worried about feedin' the sharks some non-scurvy meat.
Yarrrrgami
Yarrrrgami
Goon
Yarrrrgami
Goon
Goon

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2016 6:09 am

Post by Yarrrrgami »

It seems to me that most of the killin' third party types are motivated to be slitting scurvy throats tonight if and only if the pirate who be feeding the sharks is not one o' the organized scurvy types.

I think me mind be made up and that this discussion is lost in the doldrums.

VOTE: Rory
FA_Q2
FA_Q2
Mafia Scum
FA_Q2
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2016 6:10 am

Post by FA_Q2 »

In post 337, Xkfyu wrote:
In post 323, FA_Q2 wrote:
In post 316, Xkfyu wrote:
In post 309, Aneninen wrote:In post 308, SnarkySnowman wrote:
I'm down with a massclaim. I am Busdriver.

Stop massclaiming.
That's how we started going down last time.
Also, I think this claim was actually fake.

Considering that this was the second time he has actually claimed, and that no one actually agreed to a mass claim, I'd say it's a pretty good bet that it's fake.

Then why are you not voting here?

Why should I be?

If you think that this is a fake claim it is pretty unlikely that it is coming from town.

Further, he has refused to engage on his terrible first fake claim, how it was supposed to help town and all around is being scummy.
Yarrrrgami
Yarrrrgami
Goon
Yarrrrgami
Goon
Goon

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2016 6:17 am

Post by Yarrrrgami »

I just had the most wonderful vision, in which we put Aronis, Frequently-be-askin-question pirate, sneaky-sneak pirate, inky-pirate, snowpirate, and scaryclown pirate on a lifeboat, let them drift about 50 yards from our vessel, and blew them all to pieces with some well-aimed cannonfire.
droog
droog
Jack of All Trades
droog
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2016 6:23 am

Post by droog »

i dont swing that way
"...probably the worst player I have had the pleasure of playing with in the last ten years..."
"i dislike this guy immensely"
"the worst townie that ever I have ever had the misfortune to play with, by a long shot"
Xkfyu
Xkfyu
Mafia Scum
Xkfyu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2016 6:25 am

Post by Xkfyu »

In post 353, Yarrrrgami wrote:It seems to me that most of the killin' third party types are motivated to be slitting scurvy throats tonight if and only if the pirate who be feeding the sharks is not one o' the organized scurvy types.

I think me mind be made up and that this discussion is lost in the doldrums.

What did I miss? I thought Rory was a Survivor.
Kagami
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2016 6:28 am

Post by Kagami »

Ye be thinkin' correctly, a survivor he most likely be.

Could be worse, which seems possible since the only position scary-clown pirate has been layin' down is "Please don't be making inky-pirate walk the plank."

Either way, 'tis a fine way to keep the sharks happy.
Yarrrrgami
Yarrrrgami
Goon
Yarrrrgami
Goon
Goon

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2016 6:30 am

Post by Yarrrrgami »

In post 358, Kagami wrote:Ye be thinkin' correctly, a survivor he most likely be.

Could be worse, which seems possible since the only position scary-clown pirate has been layin' down is "Please don't be making inky-pirate walk the plank."

Forgot me pirate hat and cutlass!
Xkfyu
Xkfyu
Mafia Scum
Xkfyu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2016 6:37 am

Post by Xkfyu »

In post 354, FA_Q2 wrote:
In post 337, Xkfyu wrote:
In post 323, FA_Q2 wrote:
In post 316, Xkfyu wrote:
In post 309, Aneninen wrote:In post 308, SnarkySnowman wrote:
I'm down with a massclaim. I am Busdriver.

Stop massclaiming.
That's how we started going down last time.
Also, I think this claim was actually fake.

Considering that this was the second time he has actually claimed, and that no one actually agreed to a mass claim, I'd say it's a pretty good bet that it's fake.

Then why are you not voting here?

Why should I be?

If you think that this is a fake claim it is pretty unlikely that it is coming from town.

Further, he has refused to engage on his terrible first fake claim, how it was supposed to help town and all around is being scummy.

I think it's even more unlikely that his fake claim is coming from Mafia. So, I think he's probably 3rd party. It's possible that he's a Jester, but that seems a bit too obvious.

He'll probably be sorted out soon regardless, so I'm not really interested in taking the chance that he is actually a Jester. Not today, anyways.
Xkfyu
Xkfyu
Mafia Scum
Xkfyu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2016 6:59 am

Post by Xkfyu »

In post 358, Kagami wrote:Ye be thinkin' correctly, a survivor he most likely be.

Sorry, my Pirate isn't great. I thought you were saying that Rory was a killing 3rd party.

Anyways, I see your point now, but Rory has already said that he would help us. Now, we obviously can't just trust him to keep his word, but it seems to me that he would have no choice but to help us, if we have a clear advantage.

So, I kinda feel like we should let him live to see what the night brings. If we do end up with a significant advantage, then he should be on our side. If not, we can always lynch (or possibly vig) him, if we think we need to.

Of course, the other side of that coin (doubloon?) is that if we come out of the night with a significant disadvantage, we might be screwed with Rory still alive.

I don't know. I'm just floundering now on whether or not to play it safe, or go with a more aggressive approach.
Yarrrrgami
Yarrrrgami
Goon
Yarrrrgami
Goon
Goon

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2016 7:25 am

Post by Yarrrrgami »

Inky-pirate has absolutely no ability to "help us." So I have no idea what ye be thinking there. The only way he'll not be turnin' on us is if we never be near lylo, which is impossible on a voyage like this one.

The truth o' the matter be that every one of us who the captain cursed with non-scurvy deckhand duties be trying to row up a waterfall. The only way we have a prayer of winning this is if the scurvy killin' types be murdering each other. The best way to be makin' that happen is to remove the killin-proof survivin' type right now.

There be no "advantage" that be magically happenin' overnight. The very best we can be hopin' for is that the sun rises to greet us with a scurvy corpse delivered by the third party scurvy killin' type, and not too many dead limeys. If there be cthulhu-lovin' folk, then our ship be sunk regardless.
Rory
Rory
Goon
Rory
Goon
Goon

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2016 7:38 am

Post by Rory »

I will get to this tomorrow, I'm not feeling very well.
In memory of Rorschach, Radja's character pick in Arkham Survivor.
Aneninen
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Very Important Pigeon
Pronoun: He

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2016 8:06 am

Post by Aneninen »

In post 348, Xkfyu wrote:RM and shos have both tried to talk us into no lynching using "to get N1 results" as support for their arguments.

I don't think "going for NoLynch" and "getting N1 Results" were connected to each other.

In post 351, Xkfyu wrote:Unless your point WAS to actually soft claim Jailor. In which case, I would just consider you a named townie, unless there was a counter claim, and still not support a no lynch, because we are still virtually guaranteed to not lynch town today.

Counterclaiming PR-s are worth pigeon poop in this Setup. It's totally possible to have eg. two Vigs.
And we're not performing NoLynch.

In post 352, Yarrrrgami wrote:I be thinkin' hypno-ring pirate is just being his usual self, and his "push" for a No Lynch be not motivated by his duties as a deckhand, scurvy or no.

He's pretty much null so far, but he's not a priority Today.

In post 355, Yarrrrgami wrote:I just had the most wonderful vision, in which we put Aronis, Frequently-be-askin-question pirate, sneaky-sneak pirate, inky-pirate, snowpirate, and scaryclown pirate on a lifeboat, let them drift about 50 yards from our vessel, and blew them all to pieces with some well-aimed cannonfire.

Lololol!

Aronis – so agreed.
FA_Q – not so agreed.
Sneaky-Sneak – who is he or she?
Snow – my guess for a jester; it would be bast to plank him at Night
Rory – so agreed. By the way, the whole "let me help you" thingy tells me that he could be Cult. If so, the sooner he feeds the sharks, the better it is.
Druuge – not agreed.

In post 363, Rory wrote:I will get to this tomorrow, I'm not feeling very well.

Get well soon!
Xkfyu
Xkfyu
Mafia Scum
Xkfyu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2016 8:12 am

Post by Xkfyu »

In post 362, Yarrrrgami wrote:Inky-pirate has absolutely no ability to "help us." So I have no idea what ye be thinking there. The only way he'll not be turnin' on us is if we never be near lylo, which is impossible on a voyage like this one.

The truth o' the matter be that every one of us who the captain cursed with non-scurvy deckhand duties be trying to row up a waterfall. The only way we have a prayer of winning this is if the scurvy killin' types be murdering each other. The best way to be makin' that happen is to remove the killin-proof survivin' type right now.

There be no "advantage" that be magically happenin' overnight. The very best we can be hopin' for is that the sun rises to greet us with a scurvy corpse delivered by the third party scurvy killin' type, and not too many dead limeys. If there be cthulhu-lovin' folk, then our ship be sunk regardless.

Well, assuming he is actually a Survivor, his single vote could potentially help us. And if we were to lynch Mafia today, then I think that would give us an advantage. And even more so, if we got even luckier and another Mafia was Nked (pretty unlikely, I know). We would then have a definite numbers advantage.

However, this being my first role madness game, it's entirely possible that I'm just talking out my ass and am way off base. I think it's better to just defer to the more experienced here. So, as long as we don't think Rory is a Jester or a Lynchee, I'm fine with lynching him.

Also, what is "cthulhu-lovin' folk?"
Yarrrrgami
Yarrrrgami
Goon
Yarrrrgami
Goon
Goon

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2016 8:32 am

Post by Yarrrrgami »

The types that be dancin' round hopin' for dead cthulhu to rise again from the briny deep in his palace o' R'lyeh. They also be lovin' that fishy Dagon fellow.

They be dancin' round their idols, hopin' that cthulhu be opening the gate in reality so that the realm o' Yog-Sothoth be invadin' us; those types.

Bad news, they be.
Xkfyu
Xkfyu
Mafia Scum
Xkfyu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2016 8:38 am

Post by Xkfyu »

In post 366, Yarrrrgami wrote:The types that be dancin' round hopin' for dead cthulhu to rise again from the briny deep in his palace o' R'lyeh. They also be lovin' that fishy Dagon fellow.

They be dancin' round their idols, hopin' that cthulhu be opening the gate in reality so that the realm o' Yog-Sothoth be invadin' us; those types.

Bad news, they be.

I'm following you now.

UNVOTE: Aronis

Randomnamechange
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2016 8:44 am

Post by Randomnamechange »

@aneninen sneaky-sneak pirate is espeonage
Yarrrrgami
Yarrrrgami
Goon
Yarrrrgami
Goon
Goon

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2016 8:49 am

Post by Yarrrrgami »

In post 365, Xkfyu wrote:
Well, assuming he is actually a Survivor, his single vote could potentially help us. And if we were to lynch Mafia today, then I think that would give us an advantage. And even more so, if we got even luckier and another Mafia was Nked (pretty unlikely, I know). We would then have a definite numbers advantage.

The thing be this: If a scurvy dog walks the plank, there won't be any scurvy dogs gettin' their throats slit tonight unless it be a non-scurvy deckhand who did the deed. The third party killin' type will be incentivized to go for a non-scurvy kill, since they won't be wantin' to reduce the number of survy dogs too quick-like.

On the other hook, if we be feedin' inky-pirate to the sharks, the third party killin' type has to be thinkin' real hard about eliminatin' some o' the competition. If he kills a limey, he's likely to get himself outnumbered by the more organized scurvy pirates. In that case, we be gettin' rid of the survivor who will certainly be stabbin' us in the back if we leave him be, and probably still gettin' a dead scurvy one overnight. That's even ignorin' the possibility that inky pirate is simply speaking falsehoods, and is some other sort o' scurvy type.
3dicerolling
3dicerolling
Mafia Scum
3dicerolling
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2016 8:58 am

Post by 3dicerolling »

Why are you guys unvoting aronis? :(
droog
droog
Jack of All Trades
droog
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2016 9:35 am

Post by droog »

In post 367, Xkfyu wrote:
In post 366, Yarrrrgami wrote:The types that be dancin' round hopin' for dead cthulhu to rise again from the briny deep in his palace o' R'lyeh. They also be lovin' that fishy Dagon fellow.

Bad news, they be.

I'm following you now.

UNVOTE: Aronis

i dont like this
for someone trying to keep independent thoughts
which is something i get from your iso
i dont like you sheeping so blindly
"...probably the worst player I have had the pleasure of playing with in the last ten years..."
"the worst townie that ever I have ever had the misfortune to play with, by a long shot"
droog
droog
Jack of All Trades
droog
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2016 9:35 am

Post by droog »

also i still think its worth noting
that if we lynch rory automatically for claiming
the other 2 neutrals will joint wit scum
droog
droog
Jack of All Trades
droog
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2016 9:38 am

Post by droog »

meh
i feel like im trying to talk myself
into a stronger opinion than i reallyl have

would still like an elaboration though
Randomnamechange
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2016 9:38 am

Post by Randomnamechange »

You are right. We run too much of a risk lynching.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”