Mini 476: Pariah's GBH Mafia - Game Over!

HurriKaty
HurriKaty
Goon
HurriKaty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Thu Sep 27, 2007 1:31 pm

Post by HurriKaty »

The lack of activity in this game is incredibly depressing.

Where the hell is everyone?
HurriKaty: *runs over Nightson with a mack truck*
Jathan84: OWNED BITCH
Filiusnocte: *is run over*
Filiusnocte: *bites Katy anyway*
UltimaAvalon
UltimaAvalon
Vote: UltimaAvalon
UltimaAvalon

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Fri Sep 28, 2007 6:32 pm

Post by UltimaAvalon »

Umm....why aren't we going after Zindaras? Don't we need to end this whole zombie problem?
BT wrote:Zindaras, you've been hammering after Pariah for the most part of this game. Why in the world would you pick Pariah to zombify and kill any chance of knowing his alignment?
Because the Zombie makes the person reveal as zombie aligned on death. Since PK's role isn't revealed either way, he's the obvious choice for a zombie hit.

Moar Zombie killing PLZKTHX
AlyG: If he's not a joke account then what is he? He starts bandwagons on himself and insults other people.
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Fri Sep 28, 2007 7:00 pm

Post by al_kohaulec »

Vote Count:

Zindaras
- 1 - BillyTwilight

And the idle: HurriKaty, Nosy_G, Zindaras, Just_a_Cleric, UltimaAvalon, Pariah

Deadline has been moved
Deadline: Oct 5th, 8 PM PST

Will be extended again if there's adequate activity.

Day 3, 7 alive, 4 to lynch!
AIM account: DolusDeceit [s]not al_kohaulec[/s]
UltimaAvalon
UltimaAvalon
UltimaAvalon

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Fri Sep 28, 2007 7:09 pm

Post by UltimaAvalon »

Huh....kinda weird that I've advocated the death of zombie madness all day, but my vote doesn't reflect that.

Vote: Zindaras
AlyG: If he's not a joke account then what is he? He starts bandwagons on himself and insults other people.
Just_a_cleric
Just_a_cleric
Townie
Just_a_cleric
Townie
Townie

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Sat Sep 29, 2007 7:35 am

Post by Just_a_cleric »

UltimaAvalon wrote:Umm....why aren't we going after Zindaras? Don't we need to end this whole zombie problem?
BT wrote:Zindaras, you've been hammering after Pariah for the most part of this game. Why in the world would you pick Pariah to zombify and kill any chance of knowing his alignment?
Because the Zombie makes the person reveal as zombie aligned on death. Since PK's role isn't revealed either way, he's the obvious choice for a zombie hit.

Moar Zombie killing PLZKTHX
I don't think the town can solve the zombie problem on our own.
It is now obvious that the eating ability also is continued in its victims.

We can only lynch 1 person each day, but there are 2 zombies now. And I think it's obvious (looking at the latest hits) that the mafia and SK aren't going to help us getting rid of them.
So we need to stop going after zombies and start going after people.

Let's see if we can deduct anything from our death scenes:
al_kohaulec wrote:The sun begins to rise, but it's painted red with the gruesome events of last night. You hardly get out of bed before you see some half eaten brains oozing all over the ground. Apparently somebody's been feasting...

You also see WhoMe? beat unconscious to the ground. You walk over to dig him a grave, as is respectable to do in some customs, but before you reach him he stands back up and shouts out "Braaaiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnss!" and starts walking around again normally. He apparently seems to be some sort of zombie.

You are all shocked, but then as you're about to settle down again to get back to the game, you spot another body. This time it's nocmen, and he's much more clearly dead, shot in the head. Nocmen was the
Unlicensed Doctor, Town Aligned.

It is now
Day 2
, with
10 alive
it's
6 to lynch
!

Tenative deadline about 3 weeks from now.
al_kohaulec wrote:You all wake up to another bright sunny day. The sky is clear, the birds are chirping. Why, it would have been the most beautiful day ever, had it not been for that bloody corpse laying bludgeoned on the ground. Oh wait, that bloody corpse is Sacred. Upon close inspection, you see that she was none other than
Mafia Aligned Museum of Pariah’s Greatest Bastard Hits Director

Well, at least that's the only bloody corpse you have to deal with today, and you rejoice a bit in her death. Kind of odd... to see people happy about other dead people. But, there's one person not celebrating. You look over to see KaleiÐoscøpe looking really pale, deathly pale. He doesn't seem to be moving at all... You walk over to him and nudge him, to see if he's still alive, and he just topples over, lifeless. It's clear that he's been killed during the night as well. KaleiÐoscøpe was
Town Aligned Statistics Keeper

It is now Day 3. With 7 alive it's 4 to lynch. Deadline 3 weeks from now.
Why did I become a teacher?
Because I like high school girls and stuff!
Just_a_cleric
Just_a_cleric
Townie
Just_a_cleric
Townie
Townie

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Sat Sep 29, 2007 7:47 am

Post by Just_a_cleric »

Accidentally hit submit instead of preview...

Anyway:
N1 has a beat Whome? and a shot Nocmen.
N2 has a bludgeoned Sacred and a ??? K-scope

Since Sacred was mafia I think we can conclude that Whome? and Sacred where SK targets and Nocmen and K-Scope where mafia kills.

Players and info:
1. Zindaras

Claimed teacher, says he used his ability on HK.
Is a zombie due to Whome? on N1
2. Just_a_Cleric

Got in the game as replacement.
I know I'm town, but I haven't claimed anything yet.
3. UltimaAvalon

Got in the game as replacement.
Hasn't done anything really suspicious yet imo, but his post today about going after the zombie irks me a bit. See my above post for reasoning on that.
4. HurriKaty

Claimed Cleric. Got a negative answer on the question if BT was telling the truth, but couldn't use her role last night.
5. BillyTwilight

Claimed burglar. Has info on PK and HK that seems pretty legit seeing their respective claims. No reason to distrust so far.
6. Pariah

Claimed Watery Grave. Is now a zombie due to Zindaras on N2. Not that it matters much, seeing how his alignment was never going to be revealed either way
7. Nosy_G

Came into the game as replacement.
Haven't really seen that much yet. His last post dates from over 2 weeks ago.

I know I am usually fervently against it, but since we're pretty shy on discussion is a claim an idea?
We have claims from over 50% of the people.

But first: does anyone have more info on the statistics keeper role that Scope had?
UltimaAvalon
UltimaAvalon
UltimaAvalon

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Sat Sep 29, 2007 7:55 am

Post by UltimaAvalon »

Fact: WhoMe? stated that his ability is not guaranteed 100% success rate
WhoMe? wrote:I can pick someone each night and try to eat their brains, but i only have a small chance of succeeding.
Fact: The Night 1 Scene showed evidence of his success
Night1Scene wrote:you see some half eaten brains oozing all over the ground. Apparently somebody's been feasting...
Fact: The Night 2 Scene showed no evidence of Zindie's success

I think it is safe to assume that We only have one zombie left to kill, although, I admit, it would be much better if Pariah would show up sometime today to reveal once and for all whether or not Zindie was successful
BillyTwilight
BillyTwilight
Goon
BillyTwilight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Sat Sep 29, 2007 9:01 am

Post by BillyTwilight »

Where is Pariah? We need to hear from him before we really get a plan together for the day.

I am not against a mass claim at this point.
Show
[i]Frisch weht der Wind
Der Heimat zu
Mein Irisch Kind,
Wo weilest du?

Oed' und leer das Meer.[/i]

Und sagt die Zauberw├â┬Ârter Simsalbimbamba Saladu Saladim
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Sat Sep 29, 2007 4:12 pm

Post by al_kohaulec »

Bussy replaces Nosy_G
AIM account: DolusDeceit [s]not al_kohaulec[/s]
Bussy
Bussy
Townie
Bussy
Townie
Townie

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Sat Sep 29, 2007 4:23 pm

Post by Bussy »

Hello all! I have a bit of reading to do... But it feels good to see JaC, PK and Zindy and even zombies! now THIS is a mafia game ;)
Ummmm
Bussy
Bussy
Townie
Bussy
Townie
Townie

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Sat Sep 29, 2007 7:02 pm

Post by Bussy »

Zindaras wrote:I think that it is possible that my Teacher role somehow worked magic on the Cleric role. Either that or on the Burglar role, which helped the Cleric role.
How would your role affect the Burglar? Please explain.
Zindaras wrote:Look at the game the role came from, the effect of the Grave. If he's lying, we'll know.
It's late and I'm not as proficient looking up these things as you guys are. Care to explain why we'd know if Pariah was lying? Is there some rule about the Watery Grave being unable to post if his brains are eaten (not even going to try to understand how a grave can have a brain, but whatever). Or is Pariah just suddenly lurking. I know he posted that he's really busy, but a hello would be nice since I'm now playing in a game with him for the first time ever I think?

I'm not thrilled with how the Billy and HK thing turned out. Billy could still be lying, especially since Pariah said he used an 8-Ball to get the answers for the original role. Awfully convenient IMO.
Ummmm
Zindaras
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Mr(s) Popularity

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Sun Sep 30, 2007 1:47 am

Post by Zindaras »

WhoMe likely got killed by the SK on Night One.

Actually, that is an additional reason to Zombify likely townies. That way, we can give them another life.

And, seriously, lynching someone because he's a Zombie is retarded.
Pariah wrote:Yes, clearly, I am entirely devoid of rational thought or capability to learn from a mistake.
You've been mindlessly attacking me for over two years, so, yeah, it's weird that you have suddenly seen the light right now, especially looking at other earlier games where you didn't attack me (and where you were scum).
The problem with what you are saying here is that you are coming off with disturbing certainty. I would hope you know that people we're not going to lynch is definitely a dynamic quality. If we zombify someone, and it works the same way as before, it discourages a lynch on that player due to the lack of information post death, unless (as it it appears to be) the town randomly wants to kill zombies forever, which really isn't feasible as instead of lynching scummy players we end up killing whoever was zombified the night before, considering the fact they (well, may, if it works like in olden days) survive one night hit.

I suppose there is a definite lack of other options available, but it's really mostly the tone. It's like in a room full of murder suspects one guy says something like it would be terrible if someone else also died tonight with a smile, and perhaps everyone should seek extra protection.
"You're right, but you can't be sure about it because that's scums!"

This is bloody
theory
. That you would say this about suspicions, yeah, sure, I'd agree with you about that. But theory is a different thing altogether.
Pariah wrote:The more I think about it the more I think that this is just crappy rational from a pro scum Zindaras to try and make my opinions against him irrelevant. It's not really an answer to anything as it is simply an attempt to trip me up on the basis I don't like to be wrong, and trying to instill a fear that I might be for me personally, and to fool everyone else like it's some kind of psuedo-confirmation.
Watch how Mr. Pariah twists an argument against him into an appeal to emotion.
Pariah wrote:Welcome to metagame, Zindaras. Zindaras, meet anti-lying mafiascum. Mafiascum says hello. Mafiascum would like to post that since no one at mafiascum breaks LAL unless they are pro scum or bad and/or new players who will inevitably suffer from their action and not repeat it (be it by learning or due to leaving), it actually
gives
the town scum with more certainty. Since you have nearly a universal agreement to not break LAL from town, only scum players who need to lie about their roles will.
"LAL is a full-proof concept on Mafiascum! Except in situations of bad/new players!"

Note, firstly, the attack over pure theory issues, something that has nothing to do with the game. Note, secondly and most importantly, that Pariah then admits I'm right...only to attack me.
Sadly for Px2 Mafia, the usefulness of LAL in Px2 has been diminished because of all the rebels who think it's cool to screw up the metagame or vig people night one. Since people now think gambits involving lying, that normally can either be accomplished through other means or are simply not worth the risk reward ration, are acceptable there, Px2 is
worse off
because they can't instantly lynch a liar and know with almost assured certainty that that player is scum.

Luckily, this useful concept still remains in mafiascum.

Also, Mafiascum has confided in me that he'd like to see you hang. Mafiascum also thinks you're ugly.
And you know so much about Mafiascum, don't you?

This stuff is ridiculous. Pariah is reaching massively here. Massively even for his standards.
Show
Finished: 159 (120 Town, 33 Mafia, 5 Other, 1 Cult, 4 Cultivated)
68 Wins, 71 Losses
Town: 52 Wins, 54 Losses (2 Wins as Cult)
Mafia: 13 Wins, 15 Losses (1 Win as Cult)
Other: 3 Wins, 1 Loss (1 Win as Cult)
Cult: 0 Wins, 1 Loss
Cultivated: 4 Wins, 0 Losses
59 Survived, 31 Lynched, 60 Killed
Zindaras
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Mr(s) Popularity

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Sun Sep 30, 2007 1:52 am

Post by Zindaras »

Bussy wrote:
Zindaras wrote:I think that it is possible that my Teacher role somehow worked magic on the Cleric role. Either that or on the Burglar role, which helped the Cleric role.
How would your role affect the Burglar? Please explain.
My theory is as follows: every role (or, at least, most roles) in this game has a bastard and a non-bastard version, like in ORB. My teacher role changes them from bastardized to non-bastardized. You could compare it to what Alko did in Psychiatric Hospital Mafia.

Now, my theory is that the bastardized burglar steals other people's roles (and some information) and then uses the bastard version of it. By targeting him, I changed his role, and now he uses the non-bastard version of whatever role he targets. And the Cleric role would get different answers depending on bastardization.
It's late and I'm not as proficient looking up these things as you guys are. Care to explain why we'd know if Pariah was lying? Is there some rule about the Watery Grave being unable to post if his brains are eaten (not even going to try to understand how a grave can have a brain, but whatever). Or is Pariah just suddenly lurking. I know he posted that he's really busy, but a hello would be nice since I'm now playing in a game with him for the first time ever I think?
If my memory serves me well (it has been a while since I looked it up), Pariah's role would not be revealed upon death, period, and neither would the roles of the people who died the next night.
Show
68 Wins, 71 Losses
Zindaras
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Mr(s) Popularity

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Sun Sep 30, 2007 1:52 am

Post by Zindaras »

EBWOP: It's awesome to see you use that name, by the way. ^_^
Show
68 Wins, 71 Losses
Bussy
Bussy
Townie
Bussy
Townie
Townie

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Sun Sep 30, 2007 6:46 am

Post by Bussy »

But you didn't target BT, you targetted HK, right?

So, does the burglar get to use ALL the stolen roles each night or just the one he stole that night? If he steals roles, then wouldn't he have stolen Pariah's on N1?
Ummmm
Bussy
Bussy
Townie
Bussy
Townie
Townie

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Sun Sep 30, 2007 6:47 am

Post by Bussy »

Zindaras wrote:EBWOP: It's awesome to see you use that name, by the way. ^_^
Well, it makes me feel loved. :D
Ummmm
Zindaras
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Mr(s) Popularity

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Sun Sep 30, 2007 7:06 am

Post by Zindaras »

Bussy wrote:But you didn't target BT, you targetted HK, right?
I targeted BT N1, HK N2.
So, does the burglar get to use ALL the stolen roles each night or just the one he stole that night? If he steals roles, then wouldn't he have stolen Pariah's on N1?
He would've stolen it, but he wouldn't be aware of it, since Pariah's role was passive.
Show
68 Wins, 71 Losses
Pariah
Pariah
Goon
Pariah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Sun Sep 30, 2007 8:21 am

Post by Pariah »

Hello.

I have been busy beyond my comprehension.

I'm supposing you'd like content from me. Well.......OK.

I'm going to have to concede my argument on Zindaras simply because I'm not going to have time to refute it. The only reason I even am sticking around is that I believe I am of utmost usefulness due to my intricate knowledge of the roles.

I'll pour over the information when I get the chance. My apologies. I may get time today, but if not, I'll try for tomorrow. I am just flooded with work, it's insane.
Tales of Monkey Island - made by the guys who brought back Sam and Max!

Surely, PariahKing is a good, nice and kind man and would not mess with us in such a way. - Zindaras
Pariah
Pariah
Goon
Pariah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Sun Sep 30, 2007 8:27 am

Post by Pariah »

Well, I actually looked back a page and saw one of my posts, so I read it all.

I'm really thinking hard, but I can't come up with something similar to what the burglar was. I want to say there was something similar in Meadows. It is probably just an Alko tweak.

My advice in a nutshell? Mass claim. No one is posting. (Obviously, including me, but still.)
Tales of Monkey Island - made by the guys who brought back Sam and Max!

Surely, PariahKing is a good, nice and kind man and would not mess with us in such a way. - Zindaras
Just_a_cleric
Just_a_cleric
Townie
Just_a_cleric
Townie
Townie

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Sun Sep 30, 2007 8:32 am

Post by Just_a_cleric »

I see multiple agreeing with the idea of a mass claim. Seeing how 4 of you already claimed, I might as well start off with the rest of us.

I'm the
Dark Confidant
Each night I get a random item that relates to a role from PK's bastard games. I can choose to use it, give it to someone else or discard it depending on the item I get.

N1 I got a pot of jello which I gave to Zindaras.
N2 I got the ability to change a role name and alignment of a player. I discarded this one since I prefer having as much 'clean' info as possible.
Just_a_cleric
Just_a_cleric
Townie
Just_a_cleric
Townie
Townie

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Sun Sep 30, 2007 8:33 am

Post by Just_a_cleric »

EBWOP:
It was an illusion of a wizard I got N2 that had the ability to change rolename/alignment.
Zindaras
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Mr(s) Popularity

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Sun Sep 30, 2007 8:49 am

Post by Zindaras »

A pot of Jello? I can't remember that one. It's likely from Cosby, but I forgot which one. Maybe it's a kill-survival thing (since the original Cosby had one-shot unkillability).

The second role is a more dastardly one. It's from Meadows of Sorrow. It's a really nasty role. It is extremely valuable to know that it's in the game, because now we know we can't just trust everything we see, if people die.

This is
most
unfortunate.
Show
68 Wins, 71 Losses
Zindaras
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Mr(s) Popularity

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Sun Sep 30, 2007 8:49 am

Post by Zindaras »

EBWOP: Wait, are the roles you get all in this game?
Show
68 Wins, 71 Losses
Zindaras
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Mr(s) Popularity

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Sun Sep 30, 2007 8:50 am

Post by Zindaras »

EBWOP2: Also, I'm developing a theory that, if correct, pretty much means that Pariah is scum. It's speculative, though.

We'll see if the other claims fit in.
Show
68 Wins, 71 Losses
Just_a_cleric
Just_a_cleric
Townie
Just_a_cleric
Townie
Townie

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Sun Sep 30, 2007 9:47 am

Post by Just_a_cleric »

Zindaras wrote:EBWOP: Wait, are the roles you get all in this game?
That's not said. I don't think so.

To go more deeply in my pm, I didn't get one item, but a box of items.
And I randomly draw one item out of the box each night.

So I don't think the role from Meadow of Sorrow is in the game.

I remember that the original Dark Confidant had a life span though, so I might just keel over one of these days.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”