Not Statistically Significant
Elias_the_thief
He/Him
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #800 (ISO) » Fri Sep 28, 2007 9:50 am

Post by Elias_the_thief »

Gorc's contributions over the next few pages are as follows: lurking, jumping on vollkans attacks on me. After lurking for a while he promises to come up with content soon, but when he posts, it is 3 pages later and 2 sentences long. Ironically, he votes Sir Tornado for lurking in that post. He promises more content later. Gorc then continues on to get back into the game, but all on current issues. He never gets around to commenting on what he missed. Next he attacks CKD for pushing the para lynch. Though para was town, Gorc did in fact attempt to move pressure to CKD (mason). Especially when Gorc goes on to say the para case was decent, and even goes on to threaten the hammer. Ware you attacking CKD for pushing this wagon again? I'm not up to page 22. For reference and a similar viewpoint to one I have shown (kinda) check out vollkans post on page 22 (first post of the page).
I play the games rul gud.
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #801 (ISO) » Fri Sep 28, 2007 10:02 am

Post by Setael »

unvote

I've been thinking if it turns out I'm wrong about Elias and he comes up Town, that I would then look closer at gorckat. A few things have changed my mind. First of all, gorckat's vote on Elias immediately after Elias' post which seemed to me like sincerely frustrated and fed up Town. Also, I need to reread the posts leading up to the SPAG lynch and knowing that Elias is really good at being scum, I don't think he would have been so sloppy regarding SPAG if they were scum buddies. I don't think he would have ignored and totally disregarded posts about SPAG if he was scum. I think he would have acted more like... gorckat did. In the posts leading up to SPAG/Yagami's lynch, gorckat's posts could definitely have been bussing. He had to know it'd take a miracle for SPAG to not get lynched and his posts could've been aimed at looking Town once SPAG came up scum.

I'm leaning more toward a gorckat vote, but I'm going to reread first.
Elias_the_thief
Elias_the_thief
He/Him
Elias_the_thief
He/Him

Post Post #802 (ISO) » Fri Sep 28, 2007 10:10 am

Gorc then argues with vollkan, conceding a few points. ends up hammering para ( ithink, it might have been -1. the point is he voted him near lynch). Anyways, Gorc has become a lot more active as the game has progresed, but he still hasnt posted much content. Most of his posts today have been attacking me. CKD makes some good points in 641, a few that I missed in my read., like oman giving gorc "the seal of approval". Further, another proven scum, yagami light, says that theres nothing really scummy or protown about gorc, which I found surprising. So now TWO proven scum have called Gorc town, while TWO confirmed masons have called his suspicious. Also, Gorc expresses desire to vote yagami but never does, as pointed out CKD in 698. Gorc never responds.
Elias_the_thief
Elias_the_thief
He/Him
Elias_the_thief
He/Him

Post Post #803 (ISO) » Fri Sep 28, 2007 10:13 am

So yeah, now that I look at it, I really dont like Gorcs play this game. Am I certain he's scum? Not really. Do I think he's the best lynch candidate right now? yes. Do I know he's a lot better then myself? Hell yes, I'm town. Now, the moment of truth, do I think he's more likely scum then Hermit? Yes. I do. And finally, am I happy putting him at -2? Yes.
vote: Gorckat
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #804 (ISO) » Fri Sep 28, 2007 10:17 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

also,
FoS Set
, for jumping on the bandwagon too..jesus, this town goes back and forth
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #805 (ISO) » Fri Sep 28, 2007 10:19 am

that being said, I think i would like Gorckat to hang today.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Elias_the_thief
Elias_the_thief
He/Him
Elias_the_thief
He/Him

Post Post #806 (ISO) » Fri Sep 28, 2007 10:42 am

My only problem is the possibility of me being wrong, and the scum being either Hermit (my #2 choice) or nelly (hung back all game). Surely if I am wrong in my opinion at this point I will be hung tomorrow, effectively casuding two mislyches. That being said, I'd love to see gorcs responses when he gets back.
gorckat
gorckat
Mafia Scum
gorckat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #807 (ISO) » Fri Sep 28, 2007 11:12 am

Post by gorckat »

I have only a few minutes and no time to look at specific posts referenced.

On Oman's seal of approval, I think I said earlier he could have just been easier to convince knowing I'm town.
Elias wrote:Though para was town, Gorc did in fact attempt to move pressure to CKD (mason).
I'm either contradicting myself here adn using a defence Elias used (and that I didn't buy for one reason or another) or I'm thinking of a situation that came up recently in another game, but that seems to make a good case for me not being scum. Since I could so easily hammer on the wagon most everyone else bought, why didn't I?
Elais wrote:Further, another proven scum, yagami light, says that theres nothing really scummy or protown about gorc, which I found surprising.
That surprised me as well adn i posted about it, iirc.
Elias wrote:Do I think he's the best lynch candidate right now? yes. Do I know he's a lot better then myself? Hell yes, I'm town.
Ditto re:You.
ckd wrote:that being said, I think i would like Gorckat to hang today.
Have you rebutted my rebuttals to your last case, yet? Even a "I think they were crap" would be appreciated. Unless you acknowledged it last page (I haven't flipped back since checking the new posts since my last adn don't think you responded there).

I'll be on later tonight and will address specific posts that were referred to and any new questions.
Elias_the_thief
Elias_the_thief
He/Him
Elias_the_thief
He/Him

Post Post #808 (ISO) » Fri Sep 28, 2007 11:29 am

gorckat wrote: On Oman's seal of approval, I think I said earlier he could have just been easier to convince knowing I'm town.
I know. But I still think this is a telling fact.
gorckat wrote:
Elias wrote:Though para was town, Gorc did in fact attempt to move pressure to CKD (mason).
I'm either contradicting myself here adn using a defence Elias used (and that I didn't buy for one reason or another) or I'm thinking of a situation that came up recently in another game, but that seems to make a good case for me not being scum. Since I could so easily hammer on the wagon most everyone else bought, why didn't I?
Youre using a defense that you didnt buy to defend yourself from a different situation?
gorckat wrote:
Elais wrote:Further, another proven scum, yagami light, says that theres nothing really scummy or protown about gorc, which I found surprising.
That surprised me as well adn i posted about it, iirc.
That doesnt mean that its a bad point. Its still a telling point, more telling then the evidence against me.
gorckat wrote:
Elias wrote:Do I think he's the best lynch candidate right now? yes. Do I know he's a lot better then myself? Hell yes, I'm town.
Ditto re:You.
um, k. Except I just did in depth analysis of another player, which you havent. I think that makes my case a little more credible then yours.

Anyways, when you get around to specific points tonight, I'd like a response to my post attacking your reasons for voting me. Anyhoo, maybe I wont get lynched today. But I'll believe it when I see it.
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #809 (ISO) » Fri Sep 28, 2007 11:47 am

Post by Setael »

CKD wrote:also, FoS Set, for jumping on the bandwagon too..jesus, this town goes back and forth
Give me a break. Since when is it "jumping on the bandwagon" to express suspicion of someone WITHOUT voting them? Can we tone down the know it all attitude? Just because you're a mason doesn't mean you can talk down to the rest of us.

I am not sure of Elias any more than I am sure of gorckat. I unvoted because after thinking about the end of Day 2 I don't know if PerfectRecordEliasScums' actions make sense. On the other hand, with the way gorckat acted toward SPAG I could see gorckatScum preparing for his scumbuddy SPAG's inevitable lynch.

Besides all my reasons that I have posted for thinking Elias is scum, I also have reason to think he is scum for metagaming reasons that I cannot state because they have to do with an ongoing game. I have been trying to not rely heavily on those reasons because I know that he has a good record as scum and obviously it is unlikely that he acts the same every time he is scum and every time he is town.

That being said, I think I need to think on it awhile and do some rereading before I vote.
Nelly632
Nelly632
Goon
Nelly632
Goon
Goon

Post Post #810 (ISO) » Fri Sep 28, 2007 11:50 am

Post by Nelly632 »

I personally put very little thought into cases that are brought up against other people, since this game is based on lies & half-truths. I speak very little because I am not one of those players who likes quoting and tearing comments apart. I did so with Hermit and have proven to have egg on my face over it, this game is based on information gained as we go along and beliving only those who have been proven to be Town.

I have not been proven to be town so I do understand if people choose to look at me in a scummy manner. As a matter of fact I don't believe enough amount of pressure has been placed on me in this game. I have no problem to responding to pressure from everyone and actually look forward to it because it will help me in the long run when I participate in other games on Mafia Scum.net.

I did believe that CDK was town and was content with taking that thougth process to the end of the game without a flicker of thought. But his actions during the Paradoxombie vote made me falter in that thinking. He was so strong in his conviction that I had to ponder if I was right about him after Paradoxombie was lynched and proven Townie. Then I sat back and watched as Elias was being treated to that same mantaility from CKD and I felt that by having my vote on Hermit and Elias having TWO votes people would be more inclined to railroad Elias because we are so close to the deadline. So I switched my vote to CKD to even the playing field in hopes we would not see a lynch until the last day of the deadline had been reached and also to see the reaction of CKD.

I have to admit that his reaction was stronger then I believed it would be, I kind of expected him to attack me and call me out for some of the faults I have performed in this game. So I was surprised that he claimed Mason & kind of accepted his fate as if it was already sealed. Once I read his claim I realised the error of my ways and knew that the Last Scum would not claim Mason in this situation so that cleared CKD in my eyes and kind of me sad that I pretty much lined him up for a Night Kill by doubting him and if I would have just held steady on my beliefs that he was Town he would not have roleclaimed and I would not be the cause of someones potential death.

With Hermit I have to admit that it might be my ego clouding my judgement on him, I would like to believe that I can claim in the end of this game that I called out two of the scum dead on early in the game but as we progress I feel less and less confident about this. I will admit that I voted for Hermit in the hopes that many people would follow suit and we could end this day quickly and with a dead scum, but it is clear now that my thinking was flawed and that Hermit is not as scummy as I once believed. While my theory on him being one of the three Masons can still be true I have to admit that my break down of his words was wrong and misinterupted. I get a Townie vibe from Hermit now based on his actions after the Role Claim from CKD. He strikes me as a person who has a hold of this game and is playing in the towns favor.

With Saetel I believe him to have the role of Mason based on voting history and pretty much a overall feeling in the game. With him I keep this short and sweet because if I am not mistaken he was the first person on the badnwagon for Yagmi/Spag and since that ended in a scum lynch I have to clear him for now. But on that same note I saw in my last game a Scum member lay into two people and actually be on the bandwagon for one and call out the other and in the long run her actions cleared the path for one of the scum to make it to the end.

Elias is a person that I feel conflicted on because his words and actions are so strong that I get the feeling he is a frustrated townie but I also note that he is really good at this game and he could have pulled this stuff on nuemerous people while holding the Scum card. I am conflicted with him today and one of the main reasons that my vote did not go on him earlier in the day was based on the CKD situation where I did not want to be involved in another lynch that was spear headed by CKD.

Gorckat is CKD pick of the day like Paradoxombie was but one difference is that I am actually leaning toward him at this point. I believe his post stating that the other Mason should Roleclaim is kind of scummy looking but actually makes some sense to me. Kind of like right now we can assume that CKD will die tonight and lets say the other mason claims well then that means the last scum has to choose between CKD & other leaving us with still one mason on the next Day like we would have had even if he didnt roleclaim. Yeah the other Mason will die on the next day but what makes him so different from us on that Day because once CKD dies he is a townie like the rest of us. What I am saying is that I see the benifit of the other mason claiming because that gives the other 4 townies one less name to look at when making there choice.

Shanaba I really dont know about and I am going to re-read some of his stuff right now and get back to you all but one thing I know is that he had his vote on Yagmi/SPAG and he turned out ot be scum meaning very little but something none the less to think about.

I am more then willing to cast a vote for Gorckat but just to be clear it would not be based on my personally fellings because I am on the fence it would be more like going along with CKD because I feel with 100% confidence that he is really Mason.

I will cast my vote for Elias because at this point I personally believe that his skill level (IMO) would warrant such a aggressive gameplay for scum. But this is also another person I am on the fence with because at the start of the day I really did not want to cast my vote for him.
Nelly632
Nelly632
Goon
Nelly632
Goon
Goon

Post Post #811 (ISO) » Fri Sep 28, 2007 11:52 am

Post by Nelly632 »

EBWOP
I will cast my vote for Elias because at this point I personally believe that his skill level (IMO) would warrant such a aggressive gameplay for scum. But this is also another person I am on the fence with because at the start of the day I really did not want to cast my vote for him.
I am also more then willing to cast my vote for Elias because at this point I personally believe that his skill level (IMO) would warrant such a aggressive gameplay for scum. But this is also another person I am on the fence with because at the start of the day I really did not want to cast my vote for him.
Elias_the_thief
Elias_the_thief
He/Him
Elias_the_thief
He/Him

Post Post #812 (ISO) » Fri Sep 28, 2007 12:46 pm

Nelly632 wrote: Elias is a person that I feel conflicted on because his words and actions are so strong that I get the feeling he is a frustrated townie but I also note that he is really good at this game and he could have pulled this stuff on nuemerous people while holding the Scum card. I am conflicted with him today and one of the main reasons that my vote did not go on him earlier in the day was based on the CKD situation where I did not want to be involved in another lynch that was spear headed by CKD.
You can check my other scum games. NEVER have I been this aggravated and pissed off in a game before, since I've never been mislynched as town with so little evidence. But upon rereading my own games, I find I am much more levelheaded as scum.
Nelly632 wrote: I will cast my vote for Elias because at this point I personally believe that his skill level (IMO) would warrant such a aggressive gameplay for scum. But this is also another person I am on the fence with because at the start of the day I really did not want to cast my vote for him.
I dont think that skill level has much to do with playstyle. Anix, a fairly skilled player, lurks the entire game, every time he plays, then shows up at endgame and makes decisive moves to win. babyjesus, a brilliant player who is now retired, used to never post any content, or any posts longer then a sentence. These are effective playstyles since they do not change depending on alignment. So you see, playstyle is really ALL personal preference.
Nelly632
Nelly632
Goon
Nelly632
Goon
Goon

Post Post #813 (ISO) » Fri Sep 28, 2007 12:58 pm

Post by Nelly632 »

Elias_the_thief wrote:
Nelly632 wrote: Elias is a person that I feel conflicted on because his words and actions are so strong that I get the feeling he is a frustrated townie but I also note that he is really good at this game and he could have pulled this stuff on nuemerous people while holding the Scum card. I am conflicted with him today and one of the main reasons that my vote did not go on him earlier in the day was based on the CKD situation where I did not want to be involved in another lynch that was spear headed by CKD.
You can check my other scum games. NEVER have I been this aggravated and pissed off in a game before, since I've never been mislynched as town with so little evidence. But upon rereading my own games, I find I am much more levelheaded as scum.
Nelly632 wrote: I will cast my vote for Elias because at this point I personally believe that his skill level (IMO) would warrant such a aggressive gameplay for scum. But this is also another person I am on the fence with because at the start of the day I really did not want to cast my vote for him.
I dont think that skill level has much to do with playstyle. Anix, a fairly skilled player, lurks the entire game, every time he plays, then shows up at endgame and makes decisive moves to win. babyjesus, a brilliant player who is now retired, used to never post any content, or any posts longer then a sentence. These are effective playstyles since they do not change depending on alignment. So you see, playstyle is really ALL personal preference.
I think your responce was well put and honestly is something that has actually helped me in my choice.
TheHermit
TheHermit
Goon
TheHermit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #814 (ISO) » Sat Sep 29, 2007 6:32 am

Post by TheHermit »

Let's look at Nelly today...

28: Doesn't have a problem with quicklynching oj for his very odd behavior.
As was pointed out, this is a rather scummy comment... however, it should be noted that wanting to lynch inactives or "strange" plays is common newbie behavior.

92: Pulls off his random vote on DFN without a word.

124: Self-votes.

129: Flippantly tells ckd that this is all he's going to produce on Day 1, and that people should either vote him or leave him be.

133: Says there isn't a Jester in the game. Claims townie.

140: Asks everyone if they would like him to pull his vote off himself.

145: Unvotes. Promises content.

155: Says he suspected gorckat because he did not put a vote on Hermit even though Hermit's post 99 was rather similar to Nelly's 28. Explained his self-vote as a trap. Calls ckd town. Puts an FOS on everyone who voted for him, and votes Para.

158: Jokingly calls Oman scum because he was fourth to vote on both DFN, Nelly, and now Para.

162: Asks Para if he's going to roleclaim before vollkan uses his vig on him.

203: Congratulates vollkan. Asks a doctor to protect vollkan.
No doctor, though...

224: Explains he didn't know what the "x" after the numbers meant in the game setup.

249: Explains that vollkan has swayed his opinion. Unvotes Para, votes Elias. Thinks Sir Tornado is putting a lot of pressure on ckd, and wonders what his opinion is on Nelly's town read on him.

258: Gives an example of the "calm" and "not calm" that he was looking for.
Honestly, this makes no sense. ckd was very calm, and yet he was cleared as town?

279: Doesn't understand the previously mentioned objection to his analysis.

293: Reiterates that he thinks ckd is town. Makes a case for Para and pulse being town based on Oman's play. Thinks another scum might have been on his wagon, and that his Elias vote is placed wisely.

305: Gender issue. No game content of note.

342: Claims to have a theory he will post later.

356: He is tired and will post tomorrow.

367: Unvotes. Claims his previous theory was wrong. Analyzes all the players. Thinks SPAG and Hermit are the two scummiest players, votes Hermit.

371: Pressures Hermit.

372: Calls Elias' history of Hermit's "backtracks" a "great post".
vollkan demonstrates the problems with Elias' post in 377.

376: Asks for Hermit to roleclaim.

395: Explains that, assuming that Elias and Hermit both turn out to be town, of the two he would prefer lynching Hermit anyway.

473: Thinks SPAG and Hermit are the two scummiest players. Despite this, he jumps on the Paradoxzombie wagon that's rapidly gaining speed.
I can almost understand this action because there's little time until deadline. He also continues in his blind following of vollkan.

547: Isn't sure whether para was scum or town. Mod assists.

577: No game content.

584: Thinks ckd was town that believed para was scum. Still thinks SPAG and Hermit are the suspicion frontrunners.

613: Votes Hermit with no explanation.

617: Wants people to read his previous posts for his reasons for voting, and adds that he has no problems with a SPAG lynch but finds Hermit a better lynch.

635: Unvotes Hermit to votes Yagami. Thinks the two might be scumbuddies.

672: Restates that he thinks Yagami is the best lynch for today.

681: Acting on his "Hermit/Yagami scumteam" suspicion, votes Hermit right out of the gate on Day 3.

755: Unvotes, votes for ckd while intentionally giving as few reasons as possible, claiming he doesn't want to get his words twisted on him. Cites the Para lynch and his actions toward Elias.

772: Implies that Hermit is the third mason, although it later seems that he forgot vollkan was the first mason. Posts his deductions on who he thinks the final mason is. Narrows his scumlist down to Elias, gorckat, and Shanba. Unvotes.

782: Realizes his error in 772.

810: Says he puts very little thought into it when he votes
(!)
and that he believes his initial impression of Hermit was in error. Thinks the final mason is either Setael or Hermit. States that he is more likely to vote Elias than gorckat.

811: EBWOP.

813: Thanks Elias for his contribution, cryptically adding that it has "helped me in my choice".

VERDICT: Nelly plays loose, and is easily swayed by arguments. If someone says someone else looks scummy, he finds himself believing them. This is indicative of either a town who has a loose grounding, or a scum who doesn't know that flittering to the person with the most pressure on them over and over again is going to raise some eyebrows. At first I thought his self-vote was a mafia ploy, but on reading through the rest of his posts I'm inclined to think he's not clever or brave enough to pull that off as scum. So yeah, I'm thinking
probably newbie town
here.
TheHermit
TheHermit
Goon
TheHermit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #815 (ISO) » Sun Sep 30, 2007 7:20 am

Post by TheHermit »

One day left until deadline and everyone is lurking. Excuse me while I panic.

We have both Elias and gorckat at -2. gorckat has already said he will vote for Elias, and Nelly is deciding between the two. After reading through the points of Elias and ckd I simply can't shake the feeling that I've grievously misread gorckat in my analysis. I'm going to take one more look today and make my decision this evening.
TheHermit
TheHermit
Goon
TheHermit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #816 (ISO) » Sun Sep 30, 2007 7:38 am

Post by TheHermit »

gorckat, looking over my notes, I'm noticing a very disturbing trend where you're always at the cusp of every lynch. Every time, and I do mean EVERY time, someone starts getting pressured, you're there with a vote. Do you know you've been on just about every single bandwagon in this entire game? DFN. Nelly. Elias. Hermit. Para. Yagami. You looked ready to jump on ckd, too.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #817 (ISO) » Sun Sep 30, 2007 8:02 am

hopefully, we will hit scum today (again gorckat or elias is the way to go)..but if for some reason there ias a mislynch today, I will surely be gunned down tonight..thanks for the game it was fun...now win town!
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #818 (ISO) » Sun Sep 30, 2007 5:58 pm

Post by Setael »

I don't have time to post all my reasons, but I'm going to vote in case I don't make it back before deadline. If I'm able to check in tomorrow morning, I will post my reasons. In a nutshell, I feel that gorckat is most likely to be scum.

vote: gorckat
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #819 (ISO) » Mon Oct 01, 2007 2:11 am

thats 3 votes right? (Elias, Seteal, ckd)...one more to lynch....

if I am right, game is over...if I am wrong, I am dead (go after elias tomorrow)..

so either way, this has been a good game everyone..
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #820 (ISO) » Mon Oct 01, 2007 5:31 am

Post by Setael »

Ok so here are the posts which convinced me to vote gorckat. Now that I know ckd is a mason, there are a lot of things gorckat said throughout the game that seem scummy.
gorckat wrote:Also...interesting turn of phrase there: ...cleared CKD in my mind as being scum...

Not just 'cleared' or 'cleared of' or even 'as not scum', but "cleared...as being scum".
Could definitely be scum trying to twist someone's words and create suspicion that isn't justified.
gorckat wrote:ckd seems to be pushing xombie pretty hard. Makes a big show of leading the town, too.

FOS: ckd
Once again feels like he's trying to generate suspicion against ckd for inconsequential things.
gorckat wrote:By themselves, they are very "appealy" to something (authority, perhaps- I forget all the various sorts of appeals).

Early on, many of your posts were non-commital- calling out lurkers, asking others opinions before giving your own, vote counts. "Helpful" things. Plus your reaction to xombie's slip (I'm not sure of whether it is as big a deal as you make it).

They feel like noob scum to me. Re-reading xombie, Hermit, ckd, Nelly, Oman, Sir Tornado...I'm not convinced that xombie is the lynch for today. Certainly not the way you are.

I'm still poking at Sir Tornado with my vote, atm. I'll be checking in later to see what's what.
Still trying to generate suspicion of CKD - also, his hesitation on the xombie lynch very well could've been because he knew xombie would come up town and wouldn't want to have been seen pushing too hard for that lynch.
gorckat wrote:If xombie comes up scum, of course I'd remove any standing vote/FoS.
Again seems contrived with the previous knowledge that xombie would come up town.
gorckat wrote:xombie's at -1 by my count (3 votes since volk quoted the vote count). Given the choice between No-Lynch and Lynch in this situation, I'll always favor lynch and will hammer xombie closer to deadline. We're nowhere near LYLO and it whittles down the suspects, but at the moment, I'm not sure xombie is it.

A decent case has been made, but we have a little time.
Never has agreed with the xombie case up to this point. Then out of nowhere says "a decent case has been made." He definitely played it safe, never really agreeing with the xombie lynch but not fighting it enough to look like he
knew
xombie would come up town.
gorckat wrote:I suppose we can wait for Day 2 to explore it a bit more (if anyone is inclined). I considered the 'PM to a friend' a sign that one (active) scum pmed (a flaky) scum.

The mild reactions by others in the town appease me.
Seems like he jumped on CKD's PM to SPAG in hopes that once SPAG came up scum, all eyes would turn to CKD as his scum partner. When the town didn't buy it, he backed off.
gorckat wrote:On the PM thing, I guess if ckd was scum, he'd have to be truly foolish to admit he made the PM publicly. In his place, I'd have PM'd the mod and said "Hey- I misunderstood what you meant and PM'd SPAG".
Am I reading too much into this, or is this gorckat saying that in order to avoid looking scummy, he'd have PM'd the mod instead of admitting to us that he'd PM'd SPAG? This makes him look more self aware than your average townie. Since we now know that CKD is town, we know that
his
reaction was the townie one.
gorckat wrote:@ckd: Part of my querry to SPAG is because I'm stuck with a possible link between you in my head. At the simplest level, nothing was implied when you prodded SPAG on your own and you did come clean right away, so my suspicions might not go anywhere.
Looks like he's subtly trying to establish a link between SPAG and ckd again, knowing SPAG will likely be lynched.
gorckat wrote:He was within one post of two players that you felt town. One of those players had contributed very little, as Hermit pointed out. It appears that you wanted SPAG cleared and pulse not.

It's a little thing that makes Oman's list look like a cover for you.

I might be inclined to vote for SPAG today, over Elias. I concede a small chance (say less than 20%) that Elias is town, in which case SPAG's own apparent guilt just happens to put Elias in a bad light.
Once again spoken as though he knows SPAG will come up scum, and in this case he tries to implicate Elias.
gorckat wrote:I've also expressed interest in voting Yagami, so it could be considered -1.5.

I've re-read a few nifty tidbits, so I need to look back before I commit. Sitting cozily on Elias based on Oman's list and xombie's affiliation.
Bussing without actually having to vote.
gorckat wrote:I posted reaffriming my previous interest in Yagami and that my leanings could lead me to vote. You immediately said please don't. I said ok. If you look at those three posts like that, not so bad, huh?
Kept making it clear he WOULD vote yagami without actually doing it. Takes every opportunity to put it off.
gorckat wrote:
CKD wrote:well, here is my problem...top three are Yagami/gorckat/hermit...

No response to my post responding to your case (even if its only "I don't buy it")?

elias wrote:I'd still much rather lynch hermit then yagami...

Not surprising, since I'm inclined to think you two are partners.
@gorck – what do you think of this supposed connection now that ckd is a claimed mason?
gorckat wrote:I was hoping the masons would make it till tomorrow and would be able to help us forc a win

I think the other one should claim now: It will help the rest of the town by narrowing down suspects now. We can work with a field of 4 rather than 6 (or 5, since ckd is out already).
There is no universe in which this is not scummy.
gorckat wrote:I'll be on later tonight and will address specific posts that were referred to and any new questions.
This is the last thing gorckat said, back on friday. His silence this weekend feels the same as it did when Yagami was on the verge of being hammered. He doesn't bother to fight or defend himself or convince us to keep from lynching a townie, he just stops fighting and waits for someone to hammer. I can't see a townie reacting in this way.

It's still not too late. gorckat - if you are Town, why are you silent? Any defense would be better than what you are doing...

I would like to hear from everyone before deadline. In case gorckat comes up Town, this might really help us tomorrow. If anyone thinks gorckat is Town, please say why. If you just don't think he's scum, please expound on that as well.
TheHermit
TheHermit
Goon
TheHermit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #821 (ISO) » Mon Oct 01, 2007 10:16 am

Post by TheHermit »

Wow. That pretty much mirrors what I was thinking. On top of the whole "on every bandwagon" thing I pointed out above. These make me feel more assured of gorck's guilt than of Elias'. I would honestly like to hear from him before I hammer, but we're very quickly running out of time.

Two hours. That's all I can spare. At 1900 EST, I'm dropping the hammer on gorckat.
TheHermit
TheHermit
Goon
TheHermit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #822 (ISO) » Mon Oct 01, 2007 12:09 pm

Post by TheHermit »

Alright, it's 1900 EST. We can't wait any longer. Time to drop the hammer and hope for the best.

Vote: gorckat
TheHermit
TheHermit
Goon
TheHermit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #823 (ISO) » Mon Oct 01, 2007 2:14 pm

Post by TheHermit »

Agh, the suspense is killing me!
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #824 (ISO) » Mon Oct 01, 2007 2:39 pm

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

Gorckat saw more hands grab him than he could count. He was promptly thrown into the dark and empty wine cellar, where Hermit and curiouskarmadog would take turns to interrogate him. Good cop, bad cop. After an hour of fruitless questioning, Nelly walked in. Crazy cop. Everyone has a breaking point, he claimed.

The rest of you were outside, waiting on the results of this unethical information gathering. You could hear Gorckat's pleas for help, which turned into screams after 5 minutes with Nelly. 30 minutes later, all you could hear were hushed murmurs. In the brief window of time between which the heavy door opened to give way to Nelly and closed behind his bloodied figure to hide the horrific scene, you could see a helpless, lifeless Gorckat, bathing in his blood on the cold cement. His eyes were gouged, his fingers mutilated and his arms perforated with shards of glass. The furtive glimpse you risked burned a horrendous image under your eyelids.

"Its not him", whispered a shameful Nelly. Innocent townie Gorckat was lynched on day 3.

Night 4! You gots 32 hours to send in your night choice and talk among masons!
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”