tojam2
tojam2
Goon
tojam2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #575 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2016 12:13 am

Post by tojam2 »

And in the past few minutes BBT has vomited the lengthiest chain of quote analyses from his keyboard...

Thanks for backing me up on the sh*t in Rubixxx's reads (I will claim if you start wagoning me - crumb (this is literally unsolvable without my key): dgyhutkjmzthu).

Implosion, we also though you might be scum (someone mentioned this earlier) so I'm not going to trust you.
tojam2
tojam2
Goon
tojam2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #576 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2016 12:14 am

Post by tojam2 »

HAH pagetop - Maestro in Newbie 1677
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #577 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2016 12:14 am

Post by BlueBloodedToffee »

OK, so first of all he contributed nothing in the first 8 pages. He just fluff posted by doing very little, not super scummy but enough to at least draw my attention.

His first real content (use that loosely) is him saying that he has no reads and everyone is null (). He attempts to provide a real reads-list in because someone asked him to (appeasement?), but it's lacking any sort of useful insight. He writes 3 lines on KTS and doesn't even state a read on him, is it a town read? He says RC could be scum but then again it's D1 so he is null...what??? Again, his read on Kirr is strange (she is a scum read, but scum could also be pushing her wagon and it built quickly).

There is a very clear common factor throughout his reads - a lack of conviction. This obviously allows him to change reads on a whim should he ever need to. All of his reads are null/town, null/scum, town-ish, scum-ish. It's very rare he actually takes a solid stance on someone, this continues for much of the game so far.

is just awful. I feel like I don't need to explain this one.

OK, now we're getting to the good stuff. In , he is playing the newb card hard. Now, I have only just recently finished a game with Rubixx and I can assure you he had no problems getting stuck in. I understand there is a difference between a Newbie game and a Normal, but he is easily capable of transferring what I saw in the Newbie to here (this is the game, http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... ser_select).

If anyone actually bothers to read Rubixxx's ISO in that game I want you to compare something. Look at Rubixxx's aggressiveness in that newbie and compare it to this one. In the Newbie, it was genuine and off the cuff. Here, it feels forced. The reason I'm bringing this up? Rubixx asked this at the end of our previous game;
In post 537, Rubixxx wrote:I have more questions regarding my play, or rather everyone's perceptions of my play.

1) I didn't want to jinx it, but why did my weird blow-up on post 137 convince everyone I was town? I mean, I was, but how is acting like a shitty baby a town-tell?

I believe Rubixxx is trying to emulate that play in this game. Compare his posting and you can see a clear difference in how he goes about it.

His latest scum reads and votes (, , 5) are all opportunistic and horribly timed.

Lynch Rubixxx Today for a better town!
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #578 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2016 12:32 am

VC's seem sparse in this game...

tojam, are you voting Rubixxx? If not, would you like to?
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
I Am Innocent
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #579 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2016 12:51 am

Post by I Am Innocent »

unvote killthestory
Vote rubixxx
Show
Town 21-21-1
Mafia 10-6

Replaced Out (Town) 1-5
Replaced Out (Mafia) 3-2 (incl hydra game with Nero where I flaked)

Ongoing
None
Rubixxx
Rubixxx
Goon
Rubixxx
Goon
Goon

Post Post #580 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2016 1:53 am

Post by Rubixxx »

In post 569, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:
In post 433, Rubixxx wrote:Okay so I'm pretty new, so I'm not exactly sure what the "standard" is for read lists. Apparently it's kind of a quirk of mine to put more people as scum than can possibly be feasible. That's not an accident! I find limiting myself to 2 or 3 scum reads is way too restrictive, and I also don't want to risk having people question me if I vote for someone that I previously said was null.

Having everyone I think MIGHT be scum as scum on my list allows breathing room, so until I get enough experience to refine my methods, this is the system I'm going to use. However, I'll always put those that I think are the most likely of actually BEING the scum team at the top of my list.

Reads inbound...

Oh my, you sure are playing your newb card pretty hard. You had no trouble scum hunting, getting invested, giving reads in the last game we played. What's so different this time around?

I fucking told you. Depression. Meatworld. I started dropping off my activity in the last game, too, around the same time. Don't pull this shit, man, you're better than this.
Life is a puzzle; there is no answer key.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #581 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2016 2:21 am

That's it? That's all you're responding to?
Rubixxx
Rubixxx
Goon
Rubixxx
Goon
Goon

Post Post #582 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2016 2:38 am

Post by Rubixxx »

For.

Fuck's.

SAKE.

Hold your GODDAMN HORSES I have SHIT TO DO so I'm making scatter-shot posts I'm fucking getting to it
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #583 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2016 2:42 am

You should know that no matter what you write I am not unvoting you.
Rubixxx
Rubixxx
Goon
Rubixxx
Goon
Goon

Post Post #584 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2016 3:01 am

Post by Rubixxx »

Well, that's stupid. In any case, this is mostly for everyone ELSE who isn't bein a total butt muncher.

Spoiler: Proof of the times I've said I was depressed/busy with work
This game:

In post 290, Rubixxx wrote:Okay, but back to business.

In post 281, kirroha wrote:
In post 279, implosion wrote:That's just not true. If you claim anything other than vanilla townie on day one as scum, you have to explain why you're still alive on day two.

Yeeaaaaahhhhhh I'd reckon as scum I'd rather survive till day 2 and attempt to force a power role to counter-claim than to lock myself into the VT position when it's clearly going to get me lynched because nobody fucking likes VTs. Especially dumb ones like me who don't know how to play apparently.
At least I'm trying.
Sigh. :neutral:

I still think Shortcut is scum (see this post). Tell me what you think please, implosion. I don't really want the town to start D2 without any leads and with 2 people down.

I'm willing to believe your claims that you're town, but I'm not sure about Shortcut being scum. I'm more suspicious of RC tbh. I've seen one more of his games where he behaved similarly and was town, but idk... something about him just... bugs me this game.

If he is scum, though, I don't think it's indicative of Nino's guilt. I feel like either one of them is scum or both town, but not both scum.

If I had more brain power, I would elaborate more, but ughhhh goddd work has been sucking me dry of all energy and brain power I just feel like napping atm.

In post 345, Rubixxx wrote:
Why does everyone question me for not throwing down a vote in the first 48 hours the game had been open? I'm the cautious sort - I don't vote unless I think something is extremely scummy. Not to mention I've been dealing with work/class and depression kicking my ass. I think I've been moderately active, even before you mentioned me, and my ISO proves it.

Newbie game:

In post 514, Rubixxx wrote:
I've just gotta calm down. I've got to remember this is just a game and stop reading so many emotions into it. Gotta remember that I can still like a person and still vote for them... so I don't become a huge anxiety-ridden ball of indecisiveness again.

In post 401, Rubixxx wrote:
(Depression is a bitch. My logical reasoning has gone down the metaphorical shitter.)

Also this entire thread.

Okay but back to your post(s) attacking me.
tojam2
tojam2
Goon
tojam2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #585 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2016 3:20 am

Post by tojam2 »

I'm already on the Rubix cube.
Rubixxx
Rubixxx
Goon
Rubixxx
Goon
Goon

Post Post #586 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2016 3:32 am

Post by Rubixxx »

Spoiler tags are me replying to shit.

In post 569, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Oh my, you sure are playing your newb card pretty hard. You had no trouble scum hunting, getting invested, giving reads in the last game we played. What's so different this time around?

Already replied to the "why is tbis game different" thing, but sigh. Again with this "playing the newb card too hard" shit? Really? Did we not learn our lesson the last game? I'm playing my newb card because I AM VERY FUCKING NEW AND HORRIBLE AT THIS GAME TO BOOT.

Here especially, it's painfully obvious the gap between my own experience and that of someone like RC. I keep saying that because I don't want my badness to be a distraction to you pros. If that sounds like me sucking up/an appeal to authority, it's because it is. Fuck, man, use your brain here! Ink and toejam are playing you for fools!

In post 466, Rubixxx wrote:Annnnd now I don't feel like doing the reads list anymore. Way to be, self.

It'll come around eventually, but for now, my top two scumreads would be Toejam and Shortcut. Inactivity doesn't always equal scumminess, but the way those two are doing it makes me hella suspicious.

Yeah, those aren't opportunistic reads at all. What a surprise that the reads-list didn't come. We're lynching Rubixx Today, no questions asked.

I mean, just look how generic and vague his accusations are.

I later elaborated on those reads. What the fuck do you even want from me, man?

In post 498, Rubixxx wrote:Nino, you're right about Shortcut. I'm switching votes, not because I don't think that Toejam is any LESS scummy, but because Shortcut literally is looking worse and worse by the hour.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Shortcut

More opportunism. Please lynch this.
no u

In post 573, tojam2 wrote:I can say now that Rubix has listed reads (which we waited for around two days to get!!!) that I can unvote, but if he's so confident I'm scum, why has he listed kirroha as guaranteed town, when so many of us are still a little suspicious? for the number of people, it's hard to get through everyone's comments, the Newbie games are much more civilised.

(read to bottom of page 22)
And you're calling ME opportunistic, BBT??? For reals, bro?

In post 575, tojam2 wrote:And in the past few minutes BBT has vomited the lengthiest chain of quote analyses from his keyboard...

Thanks for backing me up on the sh*t in Rubixxx's reads
Hey, you. Yeah, you. Go suck a brick.
(I will claim if you start wagoning me - crumb (this is literally unsolvable without my key): dgyhutkjmzthu).

Implosion, we also though you might be scum (someone mentioned this earlier) so I'm not going to trust you.

In post 577, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:OK, so first of all he contributed nothing in the first 8 pages. He just fluff posted by doing very little, not super scummy but enough to at least draw my attention.

His first real content (use that loosely) is him saying that he has no reads and everyone is null (). He attempts to provide a real reads-list in because someone asked him to (appeasement?), but it's lacking any sort of useful insight. He writes 3 lines on KTS and doesn't even state a read on him, is it a town read? He says RC could be scum but then again it's D1 so he is null...what??? Again, his read on Kirr is strange (she is a scum read, but scum could also be pushing her wagon and it built quickly).

There is a very clear common factor throughout his reads - a lack of conviction. This obviously allows him to change reads on a whim should he ever need to. All of his reads are null/town, null/scum, town-ish, scum-ish. It's very rare he actually takes a solid stance on someone, this continues for much of the game so far.

is just awful. I feel like I don't need to explain this one.

OK, now we're getting to the good stuff. In , he is playing the newb card hard. Now, I have only just recently finished a game with Rubixx and I can assure you he had no problems getting stuck in. I understand there is a difference between a Newbie game and a Normal, but he is easily capable of transferring what I saw in the Newbie to here (this is the game, http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... ser_select).

If anyone actually bothers to read Rubixxx's ISO in that game I want you to compare something. Look at Rubixxx's aggressiveness in that newbie and compare it to this one. In the Newbie, it was genuine and off the cuff. Here, it feels forced. The reason I'm bringing this up? Rubixx asked this at the end of our previous game;

In post 537, Rubixxx wrote:I have more questions regarding my play, or rather everyone's perceptions of my play.

1) I didn't want to jinx it, but why did my weird blow-up on post 137 convince everyone I was town? I mean, I was, but how is acting like a shitty baby a town-tell?

I believe Rubixxx is trying to emulate that play in this game. Compare his posting and you can see a clear difference in how he goes about it.

His latest scum reads and votes (, , 5) are all opportunistic and horribly timed.

Lynch Rubixxx Today for a better town!

Okay, but let's get to the meat and potatoes of this response post. BBT thinks I'm scum because he believes I'm """immitating""" my earlier town-tell. I find it interesting that he failed to mention, however, that for most of that game, I was playing a CHARACTER. All that anger had been slowly building up because I wanted to be consistant and not drop character. At the moment of my ragesplosion, all that fell away and I was MYSELF again. How I acted in that one moment is generally how I act as a default. I'm not imitating an earlier town-tell, because the town tell in question was ME BEING MYSELF.

But okay whatever if you want to continue this little circle jerk if idiocy, be my guest. I've got too much SHIT to deal with irl to care how this fucking stupid game turns out. You'll all just be shooting yourselves in the foot if you actually fucking vote me.
Rubixxx
Rubixxx
Goon
Rubixxx
Goon
Goon

Post Post #587 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2016 3:42 am

Post by Rubixxx »

You were right about one thing though. My posts HAVE been forced, though not because I'm deceiving anyone or anything stupid like that. It's because fucking clinical depression makes EVERYTHING you do forced.

Again, looking back at my newbie ISO, I was pretty active during the first day, but the second day was, like, a third of my total posts. That's because the second day started about the same time this game kicked off, and that's around the same time my depression started creeping back.

My day 2 play is similar if not identical to my play here, and it's not as if I suddenly changed alignments mid-game.

Okay that's all. I have important shit to get to see you in a few hours.
Raskolnikov
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #588 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2016 3:51 am

Post by Raskolnikov »

Hi, I'm BBT.

When I want someone lynched, they get lynched 99% of the time.

I enjoyed playing with you.
deranged and incoherent
?
Raskolnikov
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #589 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2016 3:51 am

Post by Raskolnikov »

Hi, I'm BBT.

deranged and incoherent
?
Raskolnikov
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #590 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2016 3:52 am

Post by Raskolnikov »

Hi, I'm BBT.

deranged and incoherent
?
Raskolnikov
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #591 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2016 3:56 am

Post by Raskolnikov »

Not lynching rubixxx. He's town.

VOTE: tojam2
deranged and incoherent
?
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #592 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2016 4:11 am

I'm getting that feeling as well.

UNVOTE: Rubixxx
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #593 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2016 5:09 am

Post by RadiantCowbells »

In post 588, Raskolnikov wrote:Hi, I'm BBT.

I remember that line.

I lynched him in lylo. It was fun.
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #594 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2016 5:16 am

True stories are the best stories.

Nobody drives a wagon quite like me.
kirroha
kirroha
Mafia Scum
kirroha
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #595 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2016 6:07 am

Post by kirroha »

I am inclined to read Rubixxx as town. He's not lying about his depression.
with a chainsaw.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #596 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2016 6:09 am

Post by RadiantCowbells »

I agree.

I'm somewhat interested in lynching IaI after that crappy naked vote.

BBT/Ink my favourite lynches at this point in time though.
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
I Am Innocent
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #597 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2016 6:12 am

Post by I Am Innocent »

In post 595, kirroha wrote:I am inclined to read Rubixxx as town. He's not lying about his depression.

I guess I still don't understand the correlation between these 2 sentences.

What I do see is both times rubixxx has received votes he suddenly becomes very active.
Show
Town 21-21-1
Mafia 10-6

Replaced Out (Town) 1-5

Ongoing
None
I Am Innocent
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #598 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2016 6:13 am

Post by I Am Innocent »

In post 596, RadiantCowbells wrote:I agree.

I'm somewhat interested in lynching IaI after that crappy naked vote.

BBT/Ink my favourite lynches at this point in time though.

Are you even reading this game?
Show
Town 21-21-1
Mafia 10-6

Replaced Out (Town) 1-5

Ongoing
None
Syndesis
Syndesis
Goon
Syndesis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #599 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2016 6:14 am

Post by Syndesis »

In post 571, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Really? His reads-list was horrible, what did you like about it?

They make sense. There was something else but IDR what it was.
and yet the flower blooming / both winter and death defies

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”