The Cool Cucumbers
The Cool Cucumbers
Mafia Scum
The Cool Cucumbers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8650 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2016 3:09 pm

Post by The Cool Cucumbers »

In post 8649, Fluminator wrote:Just want to clarify bud, but lowkey gets stumped in replace of me apparently.

No, he doesn't. My role prevents normal protections from working.

In post 8186, Varsoon wrote:
In post 8180, Lowkey wrote:
Given recent events, and I'm sorry if you can't answer, but could a treestump that "ignores regular protection" treestump a bodyguard or would it treestump the target of the treestump?

If a treestump ignored protection, then it would also ignore the bodyguard protection as a similar kill would.

See?

-Cerb
Fluminator
Fluminator
Mafia Scum
Fluminator
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8651 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2016 3:10 pm

Post by Fluminator »

Oh, ok.
Drunken Pirates
Drunken Pirates
Mafia Scum
Drunken Pirates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8652 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2016 3:11 pm

Post by Drunken Pirates »

In post 8646, Drixx wrote:@Pirate Mollie: I don't know you well. I don't believe we've played before this game. For whatever reason, you appear to have an intense hate-on for me. I don't care about the why really, or whose fault it is or any of that. I just want to bury it. I would much rather be your friend and learn from you than be upset with you. If you find yourself angry at the game, please go do something else and come back and post when it won't be in a negative mindset or contributing to a negative mindset. Don't let a game that's supposed to be fun take you to a bad place. I'll do the same. Perhaps our shared enjoyment of this game and a little common ground can be nurtured into a friendship.

I will consider this a reachout. at least i hope it is 1.

stop trying to turn me scumhunting you into something personal plz? cos it isn't.

ty <3
The Cool Cucumbers
The Cool Cucumbers
Mafia Scum
The Cool Cucumbers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8653 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2016 3:14 pm

In post 8651, Fluminator wrote:Oh, ok.

That's the main reason why ABR wants me to stump you. Afraid of the extra effort it would theoretically take to lynch a scum you.

-Cerb
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #8654 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2016 3:16 pm

Post by Varsoon »

"Why are you complimenting me? What's going on?"
-Red,
Aboard the Cygnus

VOTECOUNT 4.01

DrippingGoofball (4):
Shiro, Skybird, Yosarian2, The Cool Cucumbers
Skybird (1):
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage (1):
FIRE
Yosarian2 (1):
FIRE
Zulfy (1):
FIRE
The Cool Cucumbers (1):
FIRE

Not Voting (8):
Klingoncelt, Drunken Pirates, Drixx, Zulfy, DrippingGoofball, Lowkey, Fluminator, Sensei

With 13 Alive, it takes 7 to Lynch.
Deadline
: (expired on 2016-02-29 07:50:00)
The Main Character is
Sensei
The Party is
Klingoncelt, Zulfy, and Fluminator.
Spoiler: MC VC
Albert B. Rampage (3):
Drixx, The Cool Cucumbers, Sensei
Yosarian2 (1):
Yosarian2
Last edited by Varsoon on Mon Feb 15, 2016 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #8655 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2016 3:17 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

In post 8583, Sensei wrote:Like all you dudes wanna go on adventures but there's only 4 slots like damn.

Nothing to do with "wanting to go on adventures". If you are town, your job is to use your role and whatever game mechanics you have access to in order to help the town win. That's what "play to win" means. You don't just blow that off because you think it'll be fun to adventure with someone else.

Anyway, whatever, no point arguing about this now. Although I still don't get why you didn't even mention that you were thinking about this in the adventure chat.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #8656 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2016 3:22 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

In post 8602, Fluminator wrote:[
Why do you keep defending Sky? Other than that weak role related reason you had, do you have anything else?

I was about to lynch sky yesterday, and then when the mod locked the thread, my only thought was "shit shit she's going to flip town I shouldn't have let ABR talk me into this shit shit" and then the mod unlocked the thread and she wasn't dead after all.

I donno. She could be scum, I guess, but I don't really feel like she is.

What do you think right now, Flum?

In post 8591, The Cool Cucumbers wrote:Actually, I lied. If ABR is going to be lame, it should go to Drixx, honestly. He's basically the only slot who I am absolutely positively certain is town.

-Cerb

pedit: mollie, nobody is suggesting that we lynch you. It would be idiotic to lynch you before your IC claim can be tested. Drixx is just thinking out loud since he no longer has a place to store his thoughts at that will ensure he is heard even in the event he dies.

peditx2: Hmm. I hope you're right Sensei. :(

I would probably vote Zulfy as MC before Drixx at this point.

In post 8598, Albert B. Rampage wrote:Do you think we should tell TCC to stump Flum? Since he is the only one who can bypass Lowkey's bodyguard.

Actually Varsoon said a stump would redirect too. I forget where.[/quote]
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #8657 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2016 3:24 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Crap, quote screw up. Ignore everything in that last post after "What do you think right now, Flum?", the rest was actually part of his quote that i forgot to delete.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #8658 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2016 3:31 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Anyway, we need a DGB claim before we can make any decisions about either her or Sky.

mod: could you prod DGB please?
Zulfy
Zulfy
Mafia Scum
Zulfy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8659 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2016 3:32 pm

Post by Zulfy »

Spoiler: Birth of FIRE, do not open
In post 2375, Varsoon wrote:
"Practice makes perfect! The same's true with magic."
-Old Woman,
Magic Kingdom

VOTECOUNT 1.21

Skybird (7):
Fluminator, Lowkey, Itlepip, Albert B. Rampage, Sensei, Gale Wing Srock, ErrantParabola
Itlepip (5):
Drunken Pirates, DrippingGoofball, Wickedestjr, DiamondSentinel, Skybird
DiamondSentinel (2):
CooLDoG, MaxwellPuckett
Rylai and Lina (1):
Klingoncelt
DrippingGoofball (1):
ZZZX
Sensei (1):
BIT
Klingoncelt (1):
Yosarian2

Not Voting (3):
Drixx, Rylai and Lina, The Cool Cucumbers

With 20 Alive, it takes 11 to Lynch.
Deadline
: (expired on 2016-01-22 14:10:00)
The Main Character is
Drixx
Spoiler: MC Vote
Albert B. Rampage (7):
Rylai and Lina, Albert B. Rampage, Yosarian2, DrippingGoofball, Fluminator, Wickedestjr, Gale Wing Srock
Drixx (5):
Lowkey, Drixx, Diamond Sentinel, MaxwellPuckett, The Cool Cucumbers
Lowkey (1):
Errantparabola
Wickedestjr (1):
Itlepip
Yosarian2 (1):
CooLDoG
Drunken Pirates (1):
Klingoncelt
ZZZX (1):
ZZZX

In post 2378, Lowkey wrote:Hey guys, I am not truly fully ready to post nor do I have all my thoughts here as ordered but one thing is for sure:

Make ABR the MC today.

MC: ABR

He's town. I don't know what nonsense is going on nor what this campaign against him is but I can read this guy here as easily as you can fly a fucking kite. I don't agree with cooldog either but him being on the party doesn't mean scum really get shit if ABR's wrong about him because we don't know what's going to happen on or during the adventure and we won't have evidence of it. ABR might even remove his ass if he wasn't as stubborn as he is or if people weren't being demanding about it and actually, you know, asked
nicely
. Actually, you know, being fucking civil. Something a lot of members on this site as of late have trouble attempting. Don't even get me started on this. I've never seen people use this site as an outlet for their angsty emotions as much as I have in this past 2-3 months of being back.

This fear mongering is quite literally sickening and should not be detracting from the real fucking scumhunting that needs to be going on here. ABR's not scum. There is no master scum plan or whatever the hell this conspiracy theory is. Let's get back to the real subject of this game: who's scum?

I'm still pretty unchanged as far as reads go. I don't know who itlepip replaced but I don't get town feelings from him.

In post 2385, Drunken Pirates wrote:
In post 2378, Lowkey wrote:Hey guys, I am not truly fully ready to post nor do I have all my thoughts here as ordered but one thing is for sure:

Make ABR the MC today.

He's town. I don't know what nonsense is going on nor what this campaign against him is but I can read this guy here as easily as you can fly a fucking kite. I don't agree with cooldog either but him being on the party doesn't mean scum really get shit if ABR's wrong about him because we don't know what's going to happen on or during the adventure and we won't have evidence of it. ABR might even remove his ass if he wasn't as stubborn as he is or if people weren't being demanding about it and actually, you know, asked
nicely
. Actually, you know, being fucking civil. Something a lot of members on this site as of late have trouble attempting. Don't even get me started on this. I've never seen people use this site as an outlet for their angsty emotions as much as I have in this past 2-3 months of being back.

This fear mongering is quite literally sickening and should not be detracting from the real fucking scumhunting that needs to be going on here. ABR's not scum. There is no master scum plan or whatever the hell this conspiracy theory is. Let's get back to the real subject of this game: who's scum?

I'm still pretty unchanged as far as reads go. I don't know who itlepip replaced but I don't get town feelings from him.

I feel like I have been civil. I mean I called abr arrogant but that was after he called me arrogant. it has never been about his campaigning for mc it has been the way he has gone about it, how manipulative he has been with other players and the attempt to drive a wedge between titus and I. when titus has been the 1 hardcore scumreading and I am like, "it isn't a 100%".

and I reached a point where I didn't care cos trying to divide a hydra is slimy no matter how you look at it.

if you feel like "arrogant" "schmoozing" "slimy" "manipulative" are too inflammatory how about you tell me what words to use describe that particular behaviour. this is the biggest thing I have with abr's play. otherwise i wld still be arguing with titus that abr was a townread of mine.

I think there are a lot of juicy roles in this game and I don't think town are the only 1s who have them. this thought process triples if abr is town cos I know we have 1 and I am sure we are not the only 1s.

I don't want scum to be able to spark up. I am guessing that this is a distinct possibility for some of the scum and I think are some who's role does not need to go on an adventure to gain an extra power which is what we have. it is why i have said "I don't care if we go on an adventure" and titus has said "we don't care about being an mc". I think there are a lot of speshul snowflakes in the game I have been saying this forever. I don't even care anymore y'all do what you wanna do, I lost 3 recent towngames in a row 1 due to mod fuckery and guess what no1 died IRL. I find it weird that you had no problem that abr flat out stated he had demonstrated he hated me which set up a hostile for me but now have a problem with whatever it is you have a problem with.

this is why I have been bitching about pple playing to the game mechanic and not playing mafia; this happens every single time. pple try to game the system through the mechanic and lose sight of what we are supposed to be doing here which is to find scum and lynch them. after steven's universe and the feedback varsoona received that I heard about from players who played the game I don't varsoona will make this as easily solvable. I am telling you pple that if abr is town and his role is as strong as he said it is then combined with ours scum are gonna have a herd of cannons in order to balance that shit. we already have an idea of what might be in play here which is why I have been pushing that we go by in thread behaviour and not play to a mechanic or to a role.

but y'all do what you want.

In post 2449, Albert B. Rampage wrote:TituS, if it makes you feel any better, I would cry too if my reads were that bad.

In post 2500, Varsoon wrote:
"Wherever there is light, there is shadow."
-Shadow Magic Master,
Luminous

VOTECOUNT 1.22

Skybird (7):
Fluminator, Lowkey, Itlepip, Sensei, Gale Wing Srock, ErrantParabola, Albert B. Rampage
Itlepip (5):
DrippingGoofball, Wickedestjr, DiamondSentinel, Skybird, MaxwellPuckett
DiamondSentinel (2):
CooLDoG, Drunken Pirates
DrippingGoofball (1):
ZZZX
Sensei (1):
BIT
Klingoncelt (1):
Yosarian2
Albert B. Rampage (1):
FIRE

Not Voting (4):
Drixx, Rylai and Lina, The Cool Cucumbers, Klingoncelt

With 20 Alive, it takes 11 to Lynch.
Deadline
: (expired on 2016-01-22 14:10:00)
The Main Character is
Drixx
Spoiler: MC Vote
Albert B. Rampage (8):
Rylai and Lina, Albert B. Rampage, Yosarian2, DrippingGoofball, Fluminator, Wickedestjr, Gale Wing Srock, Lowkey
Drixx (5):
Drixx, Diamond Sentinel, MaxwellPuckett, The Cool Cucumbers, Klingoncelt
Lowkey (1):
Errantparabola
Wickedestjr (1):
Itlepip
Yosarian2 (1):
CooLDoG
ZZZX (1):
ZZZX

These are all the substantive posts about ABR between the first post with FIRE in it and the last post without.

In it ABR insults Titus's reads.

I can totally see DP having FIRE.
no investigation no right to speak
Zulfy
Zulfy
Mafia Scum
Zulfy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8660 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2016 3:35 pm

Post by Zulfy »

Tried to EBWOP that but BBC is freaking out right now
The Cool Cucumbers
The Cool Cucumbers
Mafia Scum
The Cool Cucumbers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8661 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2016 3:37 pm

In post 8658, Yosarian2 wrote:Anyway, we need a DGB claim before we can make any decisions about either her or Sky.

mod: could you prod DGB please?

Unfortunately, it's been only 19 hours since the day phase started. The night time doesn't count, and neither does the time before night, I don't think?
-Cerb
Zulfy
Zulfy
Mafia Scum
Zulfy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8662 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2016 3:38 pm

Post by Zulfy »

In post 5237, Yosarian2 wrote:
In post 5234, Albert B. Rampage wrote:Yosarian check if you're hated permanently or just today and confirm in-thread

Mine is permanent.

What's this about? Cuz after Yosarian was burning too
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #8663 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2016 3:41 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

In post 8662, Zulfy wrote:
In post 5237, Yosarian2 wrote:
In post 5234, Albert B. Rampage wrote:Yosarian check if you're hated permanently or just today and confirm in-thread

Mine is permanent.

What's this about? Cuz after Yosarian was burning too

Go back and read the flipped role of Gale, the scum we lynched day 2. That probably explains my permhatred.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #8664 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2016 3:43 pm

Post by Varsoon »

No single player is eligible for a prod right now because 48 hours have not passed since the start of the day phase.
Zulfy
Zulfy
Mafia Scum
Zulfy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8665 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2016 3:47 pm

Post by Zulfy »

I see.
I'm wondering if there's an alternate explanation though. You can't really confirm Gale targeted you, Yosarian.

Maybe you targeted ABR.
Skybird
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8666 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2016 3:59 pm

Post by Skybird »

In post 8647, Albert B. Rampage wrote:Skybird. What do you think about tree stumping Flum tonight?

I don't think there's any need to tree stump him. I'm reading him as town.

If we can't lynch DGB today you should go ahead and lynch me. I'm not exactly being an asset to town this game due to RL crap.

DP is really striking me as weird. I don't know if it's a bunch of hydra dissonance or something else. But we are here on D4 and we aren't hearing a peep about VCA from the Titus head of the hydra. Town Titus would be busy doing all that kind of stuff.
GTKA Skybird!

AFK between 7am and 7pm central time due to work
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #8667 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2016 4:24 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

In post 8665, Zulfy wrote:I see.
I'm wondering if there's an alternate explanation though. You can't really confirm Gale targeted you, Yosarian.

Maybe you targeted ABR.

As I said yesterday, my ability doesn't target at all. My rings have global effects, not targeted one.

Also; ABR? What are you talking about there? No way ABR would have a role like that and not claim it long before that.
Klingoncelt
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #8668 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2016 4:33 pm

Post by Klingoncelt »

In post 8666, Skybird wrote:

... we are here on D4 and we aren't hearing a peep about VCA from the Titus head of the hydra. ...

Yeah, a Titus VCA might be helpful.
Klingoncelt: "The whole scumteam slipped on page 1. It's the new meta. Sheep me because my reads are so accurate that whoever I name gets mod-converted to scum."
-
MiniDeathStar
Lowkey
Lowkey
Goon
Lowkey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #8669 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2016 4:34 pm

Post by Lowkey »

TCC wrote:Does anyone object to us killing Shiro tonight to do what ZZZX would have?

I actually think it would be a good idea to either kill Shiro or Skybird tonight if DGB is the lynch. I'm not really linking any scum vs town arguments between DGB-Skybird and have been solo-reading a lot of people instead of trying to link them so I don't get why people are saying "Shiro if Skybird's town or vice versa" nor "Skybird if DGB is town or vice versa". All I'm getting from these posts are these people using PoE and not drawing connections so fill me in if there's some connections but if I'm not picking up on them, then there probably aren't any.

Hey, Varsoon, can we also get punishments for people who never sign their posts when they hydra? Just kidding! It's annoying, and makes it impossible to tell when peoples opinions are changing sometimes and follow the narrative of their play, but it would be stupid to mess with the integrity of the game over something so stupid.

I, Hindu, am quite literally 95% or more of this hydra's posts. Not gonna sign. My hydra partner is signing all of his posts anyways.

I've been wanting this to happen since D1. His disinterest is understood because I've felt the same way for a while now. It is irrelevant to the MC position as I feel this is just a good decision and he isn't going to fuck up that role.
Lowell/Hinduragi
Lowkey
Lowkey
Goon
Lowkey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #8670 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2016 4:36 pm

Post by Lowkey »

In post 8601, Sensei wrote:Because if lowkey is real then being a BG for scum makes no sense.

Exactly my point. If Varsoon claims this game isn't bastard yet I'm protecting fuckin scum, then I'll be damned if this isn't the shittiest role I've ever played in during my entire mafia career. I would rather have VT.
Lowell/Hinduragi
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #8671 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2016 4:37 pm

Post by Drixx »

@Yosarian - I'm a bit intrigued by something you said a few posts back. I'm interested to know what I did to lose your town read on me. You said you trust Zulfy more than me, and that's a pretty odd statement to make. Zulfy made one of the most anti-town plays I've ever seen (across hundreds of games in a decade of forum mafia), while I'm actively engaging and asking people to work with me to win the game. From my perspective, one would have to be insane to trust Zulfy given his ISO and the only "evidence" to town read him being him claiming a flavor name that Shiro's slot said was town, which he did when he was about to be lynched.

Shiro can correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure Shiro's slot confirmed that when they asked, they were told that the characters were not necessarily in the game, so the only reason to town read Zulfy that I can find is unreliable, at best. It takes quite a lot of assumptions to conclude that Zulfy is town. It takes only one assumption to conclude that he's scum.

There are things you and I both know that are strong evidence for me being town, which I won't be sharing in this thread because some things should just not be shared.

I'm interested in hearing what you are thinking. Going back to Babylon 5 but I'll check back in before bed.
Get to know a Drixx - Recently Updated!
Lowkey
Lowkey
Goon
Lowkey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #8672 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2016 4:38 pm

Post by Lowkey »

In post 8608, The Cool Cucumbers wrote:This is textbook outguessing the mod, isn't it? Didn't you say we shouldn't do that?

Not really given the fact that this isn't a bastard game. I'd say auto-protecting scum and dying if you lynch them constitutes as pretty fucking bastard.
Lowell/Hinduragi
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #8673 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2016 4:38 pm

Post by Drixx »

In post 8670, Lowkey wrote:
In post 8601, Sensei wrote:Because if lowkey is real then being a BG for scum makes no sense.

Exactly my point. If Varsoon claims this game isn't bastard yet I'm protecting fuckin scum, then I'll be damned if this isn't the shittiest role I've ever played in during my entire mafia career. I would rather have VT.

I would consider a town aligned body guard being assigned to guard scum to be bastard. I don't see that it is addressed in the normal guidelines, so someone who reviews setups would better be able to say so.
Get to know a Drixx - Recently Updated!
Lowkey
Lowkey
Goon
Lowkey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #8674 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2016 4:39 pm

Post by Lowkey »

In post 8622, Fluminator wrote:@Lowkey
Do you take the hit away from me always, or only if I would die by the hit?

What?
Lowell/Hinduragi

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”