The Cool Cucumbers
Mafia Scum
The Cool Cucumbers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8625 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2016 1:34 pm

Post by The Cool Cucumbers »

In post 8620, Drunken Pirates wrote:
In post 8613, The Cool Cucumbers wrote:Mollie, he's making assumptions. He obviously doesn't know what you asked, but based on the timing of what Varsoon said and the context of your previous posts, it was a reasonable assumption to make.

Sensei: probably because he was on V/LA?

-Cerb

wld you like to talk about how you know that titus asked varsoona something and then explain how drixx wld know that titus did?

what drixx did is the biggest bunch of bullshit and you know it.

What do I know that Titus asked?
I said in the post you quoted that Drixx obviously doesn't know what Titus did.
You are misinterpreting what he's saying. Unless he says "You did x", he is not telling you what you did. Drixx is, to put it plainly, an expert in linguistics. He said EXACTLY what he meant to say, not what you are interpreting him to have said.

If he had said what you believe he said, then yes, it would be "the biggest bunch of bullshit", but he didn't. He said something different.

-Cerb
Drunken Pirates
Drunken Pirates
Mafia Scum
Drunken Pirates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8626 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2016 1:36 pm

Post by Drunken Pirates »

In post 8615, Drixx wrote:@Flum - It doesn't matter; you thought you could hammer and didn't. You realize you are critiquing a post where I'm saying I don't like the "either skybird or flum must be scum" thinking, and then go on to give reasons why Skybird and you are probably town. You realize I put both of you in my probably town pile right?

In post 8589, Drunken Pirates wrote:
In post 8576, Drixx wrote:
In post 8575, The Cool Cucumbers wrote:Oh, and yes, it also implies they have a kill of some sort/may have a kill of some sort at some point. IF you think that post by Varsoon was in any way prompted by DP.

-Cerb

It's almost certain DP is one of the "more than one" who inquired.

Assuming I would have gained a kill last night if I had hammered Skybird (neither confirming nor denying), I would have asked the party for their top 3 scum reads and decided based upon that. It's a hypothetical though ... it didn't happen.

uh no we weren't. you are lying through your goddamn asshole. why the lie drixx? it sounds like you are the 1 who is scared.

but I think the obvsly most intelligent, optimal play to do here is to lynch the IC before they have a chance to be mod confirmed that way you know that they are the IC.

Umm... I was speculating. Speculation by definition cannot be a lie. I also never for a moment suggested we lynch you or anything. I just thought it was interesting that at least two people were concerned about it but felt the need to ask privately.

Your slot seemed probable since one of you was role fishing me and I didn't just give you the info.

And Cerberus has it spot on. I'm going to be a lot more stream of consciousness in the main thread because I don't have any other place I can leave random thoughts that might help if I get killed. It's absurd how well Cerb knows me.

yeah...saying that "I am almost certain dp is the 1 who asked about rose impale!" is most definitely NOT speculation it is an a definitive statement and it most certainly is a lie. titus never mentioned "rose impale" or anything of the sort and how do you and cuke pple go from "titus is fishing for a doc claim" to "titus is worried about being shot" when we haven't been all game.

I am just going to straight up ask, you and cuke pple have a pt to talk about things don't you?
Fluminator
Fluminator
Mafia Scum
Fluminator
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8627 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2016 1:40 pm

Post by Fluminator »

Drixx wrote:
The only question I have for you right now is this: When you thought you could hammer and gain a power, why did you wait and not do so? You said you thought ABR or Sensei might take the hammer. What was the point of that? What test were you performing? What outcomes did you predict? Which outcomes would be town and which would be scum?
I have already answered these questions Drixx. One last time but I'm getting sick of repeating myself.
I knew he was at L-2. I said this right after you claimed it was a reaction test.
In post 7967, Drixx wrote:
In post 7965, The Cool Cucumbers wrote:
In post 7962, Drixx wrote:Reaction tests are freaking awesome.

Unvote
<--- and now scum get to wonder, which makes the whole thing even sweeter.

I LOVE THIS GAME!

So, if I were at null, how much town cred would I have got for that response? :P

How about fluminator?

-Cerb

Your claim leaves you only one avenue to try and survive, and that is to appear as docile as possible and as willing to cooperate with any conditions town sets on you. Given that you were obviously not going to be lynched; however, your insistence that you be firmly blocked and that various other things be shown to be true, beyond just your willingness to meet any restriction ... you gain town points.

Flum could have taken a party member putting the chosen lynch at L-1 as confirmation we were ready to move forward and hammered with only slight risk to himself, so him withholding the hammer and trying to get a feel for what other people were thinking is very very slight town points... mostly because opportunistic hammers are viewed so negatively in the current site meta.

In post 7970, Fluminator wrote:Well, he was actually at L-2 when you did that because wgeurts vote doesn't count, so I actually knew hammering wouldn't do anything. I was curious if Yos would.

I was curious to see if Yos would go for the steal. If he did that would have been massive scum points.
In post 8309, Fluminator wrote:I was beginning to suspect Yos and I was curious if he would try to steal my potential power away. And for the last time, he was at L-2.
I'm done with this conversation.

And finally. I'm not the type to quickhammer. I've said this multiple times too. If I was the type who was going to end the day early to get power, I would have quickhammered cerb when they were at L-1.
The Cool Cucumbers
The Cool Cucumbers
Mafia Scum
The Cool Cucumbers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8628 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2016 1:43 pm

In post 8626, Drunken Pirates wrote:
In post 8615, Drixx wrote:@Flum - It doesn't matter; you thought you could hammer and didn't. You realize you are critiquing a post where I'm saying I don't like the "either skybird or flum must be scum" thinking, and then go on to give reasons why Skybird and you are probably town. You realize I put both of you in my probably town pile right?

In post 8575, The Cool Cucumbers wrote:Oh, and yes, it also implies they have a kill of some sort/may have a kill of some sort at some point. IF you think that post by Varsoon was in any way prompted by DP.

-Cerb

Assuming I would have gained a kill last night if I had hammered Skybird (neither confirming nor denying), I would have asked the party for their top 3 scum reads and decided based upon that. It's a hypothetical though ... it didn't happen.

uh no we weren't. you are lying through your goddamn asshole. why the lie drixx? it sounds like you are the 1 who is scared.

but I think the obvsly most intelligent, optimal play to do here is to lynch the IC before they have a chance to be mod confirmed that way you know that they are the IC.

Umm... I was speculating. Speculation by definition cannot be a lie. I also never for a moment suggested we lynch you or anything. I just thought it was interesting that at least two people were concerned about it but felt the need to ask privately.

Your slot seemed probable since one of you was role fishing me and I didn't just give you the info.

And Cerberus has it spot on. I'm going to be a lot more stream of consciousness in the main thread because I don't have any other place I can leave random thoughts that might help if I get killed. It's absurd how well Cerb knows me.

yeah...saying that "I am almost certain dp is the 1 who asked about rose impale!" is most definitely NOT speculation it is an a definitive statement and it most certainly is a lie. titus never mentioned "rose impale" or anything of the sort and how do you and cuke pple go from "titus is fishing for a doc claim" to "titus is worried about being shot" when we haven't been all game.

I am just going to straight up ask, you and cuke pple have a pt to talk about things don't you?

Okay, let me break this down for you mollie.

Deflect is the third sword technique
Rosario Impale is the fourth
Drixx has demonstrated he already has the first, and he was attempting to get the hammer on skybird yesterday, implying he also has the 2nd.

When Titus asks: Did you get Double Slash on N0 or N1, what she is asking is: Did you go on sufficient adventures to have acquired Deflect or Rosario Impale.

Then Varsoon gave clarification about how Rosario Impale, a skill that nobody could have access to yet unless their role gave them a lead in that particular technique path, works, because people have been asking related questions.

Do you not understand how Drixx could speculate the way he did?

Also, what you said...that's not asking a question. That's levelling an accusation.

-Cerb
The Cool Cucumbers
The Cool Cucumbers
Mafia Scum
The Cool Cucumbers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8629 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2016 1:44 pm

Oh, and ABR: I'm much more certain DGB is scum than Skybird at this point.

-Cerb
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #8630 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2016 1:44 pm

Post by Drixx »

-Cerb

Did you just accuse Cerberus and Myself of being completely without integrity and violating site rules and essentially cheating? After earlier in the game telling us how terrible we are? Wow.
Get to know a Drixx - Recently Updated!
The Cool Cucumbers
The Cool Cucumbers
Mafia Scum
The Cool Cucumbers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8631 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2016 1:45 pm

In post 8630, Drixx wrote:

-Cerb

Did you just accuse Cerberus and Myself of being completely without integrity and violating site rules and essentially cheating? After earlier in the game telling us how terrible we are? Wow.

Drixx, no. She's saying she thinks we're scum together.

-Cerb
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #8632 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2016 1:52 pm

Post by Drixx »

No I don't for a second believe that's what she meant. If she thought I was scum, she would have said so. I'm pretty sure she just called us cheaters. I knew she didn't like me, but OMFG, that's just way out of bounds.

Also; I'm totally used to the fact that, as a general rule, 99.9% of the population uses language very loosely and are not at all careful or precise, so it has long since stopped actually irritating me that people, in general, have lost (or never had, due to absurdly low standards in education in the United States) the ability to parse a sentence to understand its syntax and have an absolutely proper understanding of what someone says if the speaker is using a complex sentence with multiple dependent and independent clauses interlocking together.

That's one of the reasons I have stopped viewing it as scummy when someone cuts a single clause out of a long complex sentence. It's not that they're trying to isolate the clause and separate it from the important clauses to which it is connected ... they just don't realize the importance of the connections to the surrounding clauses.

And thank you for the constant compliments Cerb. Doesn't mean I won't push your lynch when we get to the spot in the game I've got in mind for when you'll have to go. Let's set the distractions aside, discard assumptions and just talk through the game together right here in the thread. Pretend we're in a hydra and this is our hydra PT and let's work the game. What do you say?
Drunken Pirates
Drunken Pirates
Mafia Scum
Drunken Pirates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8633 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2016 1:53 pm

In post 8630, Drixx wrote:Did you just accuse Cerberus and Myself of being completely without integrity and violating site rules and essentially cheating? After earlier in the game telling us how terrible we are? Wow.

I am asking if you and cuke pple have a pt?

[] yes
[] no

cos you both have dropped enough hints that it certainly implies that!

so far you have used mod communication when we never asked to try to paint us as scummy and then mischaracterized what I said to you so I am preemptively saying I won't be answering any of your questions and titus won't be either cos it seems like you ask her a question and then try to leap all over her.

the latest paranoia from titus is that abr is a scum doc and I am like "HOLY JESUS FUCK LET IT GO HE IS TOWN" and I am not even an abr fan but I ain't standing in the way of his almighty mcship anymore.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #8634 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2016 1:57 pm

Post by Drixx »

I have no PT with the Cool Cucumbers.

I do speak to Cerberus via text, on Teamspeak and via Slack on a daily basis. We are extremely careful never to violate site rules in our conversations, and I keep a raw log of everything we say on Slack. Any game mod may ask me for the compete raw log at any time and I will happily turn it over.

We're not cheaters, and I'm really bothered that you even went there.
Skybird
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8635 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2016 2:01 pm

Post by Skybird »

In post 8451, Fluminator wrote:Sky, you did it on the claimed astetic? Does that even work?

I don't know if it worked. I didn't get a pm telling me, but then, would I have gotten a pm telling me my RB worked?

In post 8455, Zulfy wrote:
In post 8448, Skybird wrote:I blocked DGB and now permanently take one less vote to be lynched.

You or him? Why was my hate temporary?

Me. I permanently take one less vote to lynch.

In post 8472, Sensei wrote:I'm not sure why skybird decided to roleblock DGB, though. Now that you mention it because there was better people to block that we told her to. So it does kinda smell like a last minute gambit type thing to try and buy sky some townpoints. But meh.

You guys told me not to say who I was going to role block after I asked you all who I should roll block. I chose DGB because I don't know if she is really astetic or not.
GTKA Skybird!

AFK between 7am and 7pm central time due to work
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #8636 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2016 2:01 pm

Post by Varsoon »

It was not my intent to implicate any players for asking for clarity about my (understandably) vague TECHNIQUE descriptions.
There have been multiple inquiries about how ROSARIO IMPALE functioned since before the game started, even.
Cheetory6, who helped me build the setup, was unsure of its exact interactions, and other players have consistently asked since Day 1.
I feel that, in the face of the confusion over DOUBLE SLASH that happened on Day 3, it is important to share all public rules questions in-thread.
Being confused about how a PUBLIC MECHANIC works should not imply anything about a player in this game aside from a lack of understanding how I've written up that mechanic.
Sensei
Sensei
Mafia Scum
Sensei
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8637 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2016 2:03 pm

Post by Sensei »

Why is DGB still breathing?
Drunken Pirates
Drunken Pirates
Mafia Scum
Drunken Pirates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8638 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2016 2:05 pm

In post 8634, Drixx wrote:I have no PT with the Cool Cucumbers.

I do speak to Cerberus via text, on Teamspeak and via Slack on a daily basis. We are extremely careful never to violate site rules in our conversations, and I keep a raw log of everything we say on Slack. Any game mod may ask me for the compete raw log at any time and I will happily turn it over.

I am not talking about your OOG communication and you trying to paint it like I am looks sad and desperate. cos I never implied that, i asked whether or not if you were in a pt with cuke pple. cos there are a bunch of red flags here!

but I can wait it out and be patient. :]
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8639 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2016 2:09 pm

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

In post 8629, The Cool Cucumbers wrote:Oh, and ABR: I'm much more certain DGB is scum than Skybird at this point.

-Cerb

We can lynch DGB whenever.

If Skybird is town, Flum strongman kills you tonight, then we'll have a hard time getting rid of Flum.

But if there's proof that DGB is making everyone hated, then do what you think is best.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #8640 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2016 2:17 pm

Post by Drixx »

In post 8638, Drunken Pirates wrote:

I am not talking about your OOG communication and you trying to paint it like I am looks sad and desperate. cos I never implied that, i asked whether or not if you were in a pt with cuke pple. cos there are a bunch of red flags here!

Well, you will be patient to find that we don't have any PT with one another. Cerberus and I are super close friends who spend a ridiculous amount of time talking together, and have done for years. We're both advocates of rational thought and self-improvement. We both spend time on lesswrong.com working on ridding ourselves of cognitive biases, and we have such similarity of thinking patterns that you're seeing that bleed into this game.

Cerberus is demonstrating just how well he knows me. I know him just as well. Instead of being suspicious and disbelieving, would you consider reassessing your priors? If Cerb knows me well enough to know what I'm thinking and to figure out the thinking behind things I say, and I know him well enough to have the same level of understanding of his thinking, you may want to consider what it means that I believe his third party claim is legitimate.

There are a lot of reasons why I think the claim is legitimate. I've expressed quite a few of them.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #8641 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2016 2:20 pm

Post by Drixx »

In post 8638, Drunken Pirates wrote:

I am not talking about your OOG communication and you trying to paint it like I am looks
sad and desperate
. cos I never implied that, i asked whether or not if you were in a pt with cuke pple. cos there are a bunch of red flags here!

Pointing out the personal attacks is getting old. Contrary to what you seem to believe, having a different approach and/or a different opinion doesn't make one "stupid" or "terrible" or "pathetic" or "sad" or "desperate" or any of the other adjectives you've slung my way this game.
The Cool Cucumbers
The Cool Cucumbers
Mafia Scum
The Cool Cucumbers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8642 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2016 2:32 pm

In post 8639, Albert B. Rampage wrote:
In post 8629, The Cool Cucumbers wrote:Oh, and ABR: I'm much more certain DGB is scum than Skybird at this point.

-Cerb

If Skybird is town, Flum strongman kills you tonight, then we'll have a hard time getting rid of Flum.

But if there's proof that DGB is making everyone hated, then do what you think is best.

Well,

Shiro targeted her N1, got hated.
Zzzx targeted her N2, got hated.
Skybird targeted her N3, got hated.

Didn't claim ascetic like town should on D1. Played incredibly suspiciously, givin town prs lots of reasons to target her, maximizing the utility of something like I suspect her role is. Makes more sense to have one untargeted and one targeted haters rather than two targeted on the scum team.

-Cerb
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #8643 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2016 2:40 pm

Post by Drixx »

I wondered for a moment whether a reflexive hated modifier made sense from a town perspective, but then I realized DGB has been like ... epic level disconnected from this game but clearly claimed ascetic late and so even if she showed up right now and had an amazing flavor claim and role claim that made it make sense, I still probably wouldn't believe it.

The timing of things is important.
The Cool Cucumbers
The Cool Cucumbers
Mafia Scum
The Cool Cucumbers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8644 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2016 2:51 pm

In post 5228, DrippingGoofball wrote:I just want to say, I am considering replacing out, I am totally overwhelmed by this game's mechanics. My role is lame and passive and that doesn't motivate me to figure things out. You all have really exciting roles with lots of detail and maybe that can help you get some bearings on how the game might work, and how you might influence it. I got nothin'. I have pretty much been sheeping for 75 pages.

In post 7912, DrippingGoofball wrote:I am ascetic.

So, it's not just a modifier. She's claiming to have a role which is almost entirely negative utility to town, though if she had received techniques, it wouldn't be. It's not impossible for it to be a town, but it's been played in an extremely anti-town fashion.

*shrug*

She also hasn't posted in like 5 days. 3 of those were the night, sure...but...yeah. Her last post was 1700 posts ago, before the shit hit the fan, and before I started talking about why mechanically it makes sense for her to be scum.

-Cerb
Skybird
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8645 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2016 2:54 pm

Post by Skybird »

In post 8639, Albert B. Rampage wrote:

-Cerb

Dude, something like two posts about this one I told everyone that I targeted DGB and was now permanently hated.
GTKA Skybird!

AFK between 7am and 7pm central time due to work
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #8646 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2016 2:56 pm

Post by Drixx »

I want to make a total genuine, personal, and OOC/OOG post here. This is directed primarily at Pirate Mollie, but also to everyone else in the game.

This is a game. We all come from diverse backgrounds. We have different approaches. Some of us (myself among that number) have great difficulties in our real lives, both past and present. Some of us are super intellectual, and some of us aren't. We all have slightly different values, and different ideas and expectations of one another. Some of us think nothing of using sarcasm or even borderline abusive rhetoric as part of the game, while others believe that nothing beyond addressing someone's play should ever happen in games. In short, we are a diverse group... both in this game, and across this site.

We do all have one thing in common; however, and that one thing is that we enjoy this game. I think we sometimes lose sight of that fact, and in my time on site I have seen a drastic decline in general friendliness and simple common courtesy and politeness between users on this site. I'm not calling anyone specific out, because if I did that I would have to make a very long list, and I would have to put myself on it.

So what I want to say is this: let's leave the undesirable stuff out of it. We can find things in common and have fun just as easily as we can focus on negative things and differences and suck the fun out of things. Let's choose to find common ground and have fun with one another.

@Pirate Mollie: I don't know you well. I don't believe we've played before this game. For whatever reason, you appear to have an intense hate-on for me. I don't care about the why really, or whose fault it is or any of that. I just want to bury it. I would much rather be your friend and learn from you than be upset with you. If you find yourself angry at the game, please go do something else and come back and post when it won't be in a negative mindset or contributing to a negative mindset. Don't let a game that's supposed to be fun take you to a bad place. I'll do the same. Perhaps our shared enjoyment of this game and a little common ground can be nurtured into a friendship.

That's all. Call me hopelessly naive if you like, but I think there is no good reason we cannot all find common ground with one another, and I see no good reason for us to let what should be fun become something darker and uglier.

I'm going to take my own advice and watch some Babylon 5 and enjoy a quiet night with my wife and a very good friend. I hope you all had a wonderful day yesterday (if you celebrate Valentines) and that you will consider my thoughts seriously and understand that I offer them in a spirit of genuine goodwill.

As a much more famous man than I said at the end of each of his broadcasts: Good night, and good luck.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8647 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2016 2:58 pm

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

Skybird. What do you think about tree stumping Flum tonight?
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Fluminator
Fluminator
Mafia Scum
Fluminator
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8648 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2016 3:05 pm

Post by Fluminator »

In post 8646, Drixx wrote:
I'm going to take my own advice and watch some Babylon 5 and enjoy a quiet night with my wife and a very good friend. I hope you all had a wonderful day yesterday (if you celebrate Valentines) and that you will consider my thoughts seriously and understand that I offer them in a spirit of genuine goodwill.

Image Have fun.
Fluminator
Fluminator
Mafia Scum
Fluminator
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8649 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2016 3:06 pm

Post by Fluminator »

Just want to clarify bud, but lowkey gets stumped in replace of me apparently.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”