Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #725 (ISO) » Thu Sep 27, 2007 5:01 pm

Post by Guardian »

Official Vote Count #29

Trojan Horse[3](Mastermind of Sin, theopor_COD, tyhess)
White[2](Flameaxe, Oman)
Flameaxe[2](White, vollkan)
tyhess[1](Tarhalindur)

Not Voting[4](curiouskarmadog, pwayne66, Kakeng, Trojan Horse)
Do not lynch me.
[wiki]Great Nibbler Takeover of 2008[/wiki]
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #726 (ISO) » Thu Sep 27, 2007 5:32 pm

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

Trojan Horse, the point is, there is no logical reason for you to not suspect anyone right now. I don't want you to vote for the sake of voting, which is what you just did. I want you to vote someone because you think they are scum. You can't just not think anyone is scum, because that's obviously wrong. There is plenty of material for you to go over and find someone you think is scum. I didn't tell you who to vote for, that's your own decision. I just want you to take a position on *something*. You aren't acting like you're here to play at all. As soon as someone gets on your case about anything, you try to appease them, all the while talking about how it's not something you *want* to do. You shouldn't let people tell you what to do, but you can't just sit there and do nothing, which is what you've been doing. I'm sure you'll agree with me that you are not contributing anything to the game by just sitting there and saying that you don't feel strongly about anyone. How are you or any of us supposed to find scum if people just sit around saying they don't feel anyone is scum? It looks to everyone else that you are too scared to commit to any strong positions, because there is plenty of evidence out there to form an opinion from.
Permanent V/LA.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #727 (ISO) » Thu Sep 27, 2007 6:04 pm

Post by Oman »

This thing by trojan is strange.

I just had a little re-read and I can see why he felt pressured to vote, but I don't think anyone specifically pressured him into a vote either way.
It's unfortunate that good oral sex excuses bad chemistry. - Korts
Trojan Horse
Trojan Horse
Oldest Trick in the Book
Trojan Horse
Oldest Trick in the Book
Oldest Trick in the Book

Post Post #728 (ISO) » Thu Sep 27, 2007 6:15 pm

Post by Trojan Horse »

Just a note to say that I checked the thread once again, and that I'm signing off for the night. I'm tired, and I'm in no state of mind to respond to more arguments right now. It'll have to wait.
Trojan Horse
Trojan Horse
Oldest Trick in the Book
Trojan Horse
Oldest Trick in the Book
Oldest Trick in the Book

Post Post #729 (ISO) » Fri Sep 28, 2007 6:11 am

Post by Trojan Horse »

Another post, to *bump* this thread up and to restart the attack against me.

Let me give you the sum total of my thoughts right now. I actually have 4 suspects in mind right now, and I would find it tough to vote for anyone else. In approximate order of scumminess:

tyhess: I know, I know, he's an easy target. But easy targets can be scum too. I think all his opportunistic bandwagon hopping is too much, even for a newb. If there had been a night round at the start, I wouldn't be as concerned. I would think tyhess is newbtown, since I would assume any newbscum would be cautioned by more experienced scummates not to stand out in the crowd. But we started with day. Could be tyhess is newbscum, and hasn't been forewarned.

MoS: It's still about how long it took for him to focus on a suspect at the start. Not something I would attack most players for, but this is MoS after all. Incidentally, if he is scum, that would've been a brilliant move on his part: pushing me into voting, knowing that everyone else would jump on me for it. But it's his behavior early in the game that I'm mostly concerned about.

curiouskarmadog: If you want to attack me for "flying under the radar" (as someone said), why aren't you attacking this guy too? We're in the same boat.

White: This would be my final option. He's been taking control since he replaced in, putting pressure on several people in turn. Scummy? Not in and of itself. That's what players do: look for scumtells. But is this his usual style of play? As I did with MoS, I'm going to take a quick look at some other games he's in and see if he's doing the same thing. If he is, fine. If not, I'll give him the eye of suspicion.

I see nothing in anyone else worth lynching over. You'd have quite a time trying to convince me to lynch someone other than these four.

Now to see if I can reduce these four to one.
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #730 (ISO) » Fri Sep 28, 2007 6:37 am

Post by theopor_COD »

Trojan Horse wrote:I see nothing in anyone else worth lynching over. You'd have quite a time trying to convince me to lynch someone other than these four.
Not even ac/kakeng?

Trojan Horse wrote:I went back and looked at where acfan was questioned about this post. Perhaps I should've done that sooner; for a while, I was just looking at acfan's posts (using the "show acfan's posts" option) without looking at each one in context. Okay. Now I see why you're suspicious of acfan and his replacement. He made this comment, then was questioned about it, then vanished. Hmm...

Okay. I'll raise acfan/Kakeng's scummy level a notch. But just a notch.
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #731 (ISO) » Fri Sep 28, 2007 6:39 am

Post by theopor_COD »

Seperately I think the four ppl you listed are all more pro-town than not, at least you stuck your neck out a bit. I guess.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #732 (ISO) » Fri Sep 28, 2007 7:16 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

Trojan Horse wrote:
curiouskarmadog: If you want to attack me for "flying under the radar" (as someone said), why aren't you attacking this guy too? We're in the same boat.
Sorry, was there a case here? You would be fine lynching me under what basis or am I just on your list to deflect? SO acfan/replacement isnt under the radar?..wait a minute, didnt you say they went up a notch on your scum dar? (confused)..how long did it take you to put that list together?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #733 (ISO) » Fri Sep 28, 2007 7:17 am

theopor_COD wrote:
Trojan Horse wrote:I see nothing in anyone else worth lynching over. You'd have quite a time trying to convince me to lynch someone other than these four.
Not even ac/kakeng?

Trojan Horse wrote:I went back and looked at where acfan was questioned about this post. Perhaps I should've done that sooner; for a while, I was just looking at acfan's posts (using the "show acfan's posts" option) without looking at each one in context. Okay. Now I see why you're suspicious of acfan and his replacement. He made this comment, then was questioned about it, then vanished. Hmm...

Okay. I'll raise acfan/Kakeng's scummy level a notch. But just a notch.

ahh, theo already caught it
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Trojan Horse
Trojan Horse
Oldest Trick in the Book
Trojan Horse
Oldest Trick in the Book
Oldest Trick in the Book

Post Post #734 (ISO) » Fri Sep 28, 2007 7:31 am

Post by Trojan Horse »

How long did it take me to put that list together? Not long. I rallied my thoughts this morning from what I remembered, and that's what I came up with. Yeah, forgot about acfan/Kakeng there. It was an awfully small notch. :) Put him on at the same level as White: I expect that I'll be satisfied with Kakeng's behavior, and that will be that.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #735 (ISO) » Fri Sep 28, 2007 7:38 am

you didnt really answer any of my other questions.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Trojan Horse
Trojan Horse
Oldest Trick in the Book
Trojan Horse
Oldest Trick in the Book
Oldest Trick in the Book

Post Post #736 (ISO) » Fri Sep 28, 2007 7:48 am

Post by Trojan Horse »

Trojan Horse wrote:Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems that nearly everyone has been accused of possibly being scum for one reason or another. Either because of absence (acfan, Flameaxe, Dr. Blackstrike) or extreme newbishness (tyhess) or of trying to lead the conversation too much (vollkan, White), or for some other reason. But one person seems to have avoided all suspicion for any reason: curiouskarmadog. My point? Well, uh... not sure I have one, but... uh... just seemed strange I couldn't find anything against him... uh...
That was my post a while back, CKD. I had gotten less of a read on you than on anyone else at that point- which is tough, considering I have a hard time getting reads anyway- and I'd found it "curious" that you'd avoided all suspicion up to that point. That's all. I'd say tyhess and MoS are better choices; I'm not going to launch a full attack against you.

Theo, if you think my list of 4 were all protown, who do you think is scum? I'm pretty sure I know the answer, but I'd like to hear where you stand.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #737 (ISO) » Fri Sep 28, 2007 8:32 am

Trojan Horse has a lot of confidence in Kakeng being protown. Why? It's almost as if he's hoping that his scumbuddy will redeem the lost cause that was acfan...
Permanent V/LA.
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #738 (ISO) » Fri Sep 28, 2007 8:50 am

Post by theopor_COD »

Trojan at the minute my top two suspects are you and Kakeng by a country mile.

You seem to be digging a bigger hole for yourself with every post :P
Kakeng well hasn't done anything of note to erase my earlier suspicions of ac1983.

Would actually like to hear from our replacements who've offered very little.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #739 (ISO) » Fri Sep 28, 2007 10:27 am

Post by Oman »

Trojan is backpedalling fast.
It's unfortunate that good oral sex excuses bad chemistry. - Korts
White
White
Goon
White
Goon
Goon

Post Post #740 (ISO) » Fri Sep 28, 2007 10:53 am

Post by White »

MoS, i've gotta give you kudos on 726. I just love that post, :goodposting:.

Trojan, if you don't see someone as super scummy you can do one of two things in my opinion. You can vote them anyway as your lead candidate or you can do what I like to do. Make some waves and check the responce meter.

Newbie 408, I replaced in on the 12th page and did what I could to salvage a semi lost cause. I lost.
Newbie 427, I'm not proud of this one, I kinda straddled the fence in it and didn't contribute much more than the quicklynch hammer for the win.
Newbie 463, I replaced mafia in this one and again, straddled the fence and took other people's ideas and kinda sat there with them.
Sadly in reviewing these i'm seeing a pitiful MO. I straddle the fence as mafia and make waves (generally getting me lynched) as town. If you don't believe me you've got the links. Make your own call, I just figured i'd get the links for you. This is all on my Wiki page.

As a last note, i'm going to be V/LA until Sunday, Monday at the latest.
Show
House Rules:

1. God came to my house and I killed him.

2. I will kill anyone who comes to my house like I killed God.

3. Give me one dead body and I might let rule #2 slide.

You have until Dawn.
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #741 (ISO) » Fri Sep 28, 2007 11:13 am

Post by theopor_COD »

White quit offering advice, do you think he's scum?
White
White
Goon
White
Goon
Goon

Post Post #742 (ISO) » Fri Sep 28, 2007 11:14 am

Post by White »

I'm starting to feel that way. But at first, no I didn't think he was scum. I thought he was an inexperienced player having trouble getting off the ground. Then I looked at his join date.
Show
House Rules:

1. God came to my house and I killed him.

2. I will kill anyone who comes to my house like I killed God.

3. Give me one dead body and I might let rule #2 slide.

You have until Dawn.
Trojan Horse
Trojan Horse
Oldest Trick in the Book
Trojan Horse
Oldest Trick in the Book
Oldest Trick in the Book

Post Post #743 (ISO) » Fri Sep 28, 2007 11:37 am

Post by Trojan Horse »

That join date is very deceptive, White. This is my first forum game at mafiascum. (I'm also participating in Pie's Screw the Players game; possibly as an /inny, possibly as an /outty.) My earlier experience of online mafia consists of two forum games at the Grey Labyrinth (both of which were aborted due to inactivity of other players) and plenty of games in the scumchat room. But as far as forum games go here, I've been a lurker for all that time.

I don't have confidence that acfan/Kakeng is protown. I don't know if he is or not. The only thing that makes him scummier than the average player is the fact that acfan disappeared immediately after being questioned. So? That's a slight mark, but only a slight one. Come on, RL can strike at any time.

Tell ya what. Let's get Kakeng's opinion of all this. Surely if we are scummates (as theo thinks), his words will just dig the both of us deeper.

I'll look over those links now, White. Should be enough to satisfy me.
Trojan Horse
Trojan Horse
Oldest Trick in the Book
Trojan Horse
Oldest Trick in the Book
Oldest Trick in the Book

Post Post #744 (ISO) » Fri Sep 28, 2007 11:44 am

Post by Trojan Horse »

Satisfied. Not going after White.
Trojan Horse
Trojan Horse
Oldest Trick in the Book
Trojan Horse
Oldest Trick in the Book
Oldest Trick in the Book

Post Post #745 (ISO) » Fri Sep 28, 2007 12:07 pm

Post by Trojan Horse »

You know what? I'm an idiot. Why am I believing this "acfan vanished right when he was attacked, he's probably scum" thing? I did a bit of digging and noticed that he was also playing in Animal Crossing Mafia and modding a mini game when he vanished. Does it make any sense that he was so unhappy about being caught as scum in our game that he would abandon every other game he was involved in? (Might I point out, his last post was in our game.)

That's it. I don't care if I look scummy for saying this, but I don't think acfan/Kakeng is any scummier than the average player. That could change later (just as it could for anyone else), but he's not on my list right now. I'm still eyeing MoS and tyhess, with CKD a weak (and unlikely) 3rd choice.
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #746 (ISO) » Sat Sep 29, 2007 8:34 am

Post by theopor_COD »

Kakeng how's that analysis coming on? Ditto Tar.

Still want Trojan lynched at this point.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #747 (ISO) » Sat Sep 29, 2007 9:21 am

Unvote

Trojan is actually taking some stances now, even if I don't agree with them (I obviously don't think I am scum). Probably not scum.

I eagerly await Tar and Kakeng's rereads, because we need some fresh views on this thread. We spent way too much time talking about me, and that was partly my fault as well. Sorry.
Permanent V/LA.
Kakeng
Kakeng
Townie
Kakeng
Townie
Townie

Post Post #748 (ISO) » Sat Sep 29, 2007 11:43 am

Post by Kakeng »

Sorry. I was a bit busy so i am only at page 20. I'll post the rereadlater today.
Trojan Horse
Trojan Horse
Oldest Trick in the Book
Trojan Horse
Oldest Trick in the Book
Oldest Trick in the Book

Post Post #749 (ISO) » Sat Sep 29, 2007 12:26 pm

Post by Trojan Horse »

*awaits*

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”