Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #5400 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:05 am

Post by Varsoon »

"That which is born must sometime die, so don't be sad for me. Those were grandma's last words."
-Riki,
Margmel

VOTECOUNT 2.03

Klingoncelt (5):
Itlepip, Gale Wing Srock, Albert B. Rampage, DrippingGoofball, DiamondSentinel
The Cool Cucumbers (2):
Drunken Pirates, Yosarian2
DrippingGoofball (2):
Klingoncelt, BIT
Drixx (1):
Lowkey
Itlepip (1):
Skybird
Albert B. Rampage (1):
FIRE
Yosarian2 (1):
FIRE
Zulfy (1):
Fluminator

Not Voting (6):
The Cool Cucumbers, Drixx, Zulfy, Rylai and Lina, Sensei, ZZZX

With 17 Alive, it takes 9 to Lynch.
Deadline
: (expired on 2016-02-10 01:10:00)
The Main Character is
Sensei
The Party is
Drunken Pirates, Rylai & Lina, Diamond Sentinel, and Drixx.
Spoiler: MC VC
Albert B. Rampage (4):
Albert B. Rampage, Gale Wing Srock, DrippingGoofball, Lowkey
Sensei (3):
Zulfy, Drunken Pirates, ZZZX
Klingoncelt (1): Klingoncelt

If you have any flavor questions, I'm more than happy to answer 'em. :3
Last edited by Varsoon on Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rylai and Lina
Rylai and Lina
Mafia Scum
Rylai and Lina
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5401 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:05 am

Post by Rylai and Lina »

In post 4457, Fluminator wrote:
In post 4374, itlepip wrote:Also, does anyone, presumably someone who is townreading me, want in on a neighborhood?

Yes! yes! Pick me!

In post 4459, Fluminator wrote:I like neighborhoods. It makes the game more interesting.

In post 4374, itlepip wrote:Also, does anyone, presumably someone who is townreading me, want in on a neighborhood?

Yes! yes! Pick me!

In post 4458, itlepip wrote:

Yes! yes! Pick me!

hmm, I'm null on you right now. Is it something to do with your role or do you just like neighborhoods?

In post 4459, Fluminator wrote:I like neighborhoods. It makes the game more interesting.

hmmmm

~Rylai
Hydra of Frozen Angel and Shiro
Shiro=Lina
Frozen Angel=Rylai
Gale Wing Srock
Gale Wing Srock
Mafia Scum
Gale Wing Srock
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5402 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:11 am

Post by Gale Wing Srock »

In post 5393, Fluminator wrote:You're weird.
Also, surely my biggest scum read is obvious at this point. Cucumbers are probably my second, although I want cerb to post more.
I'm beginning to think Zulfy's a troll account.
Sensei is my biggest town read.

Could you tell me a particular reason for Town reading Sensei? Like which specific post or action of theirs' made you town read them?

In post 5392, ZZZX wrote:
MC:Sensei

Didnt read yet but saw the flips and stuff. And i'd consider my gambit - while not perfect - to already give us enough effect :)

Dude! You are doing it wrong. Vote for ABR, he is going to win us the game. Sensei can be MC later, I want us to nab another scum on Day 3. Also, where are you with the catch at present?

Frozen Angel ^_^
Yeah, I don't understand it either. He said he was going to neighbor Sensei, and we all discussed that Sensei would be protected. But even if he didn't believe that, he could have Neighbored ABR or DP. I don't understand why he chose Flum out of the blue (Uh... Rogue).

Also he didn't explain how neighboring with Flum gave him access to Luminous. It doesn't make sense that a party goes to adventure and Itlepip gets the benefit from that region by adding people to his neighborhood. I also suspected for a second that he could have nk'd Errant, and that would count as visiting Luminous. But that made no sense. Sky said that Itlepip gets powers after killing people, and I don't know if Sky has those powers too. It is too confusing tbh. That is why I didn't want to go into it in the morning.
Gale Wing Srock
Gale Wing Srock
Mafia Scum
Gale Wing Srock
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5403 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:19 am

Post by Gale Wing Srock »

Varsoon, could you explain the Flavor of Rogue wrt to Gaining powers as compared to Blue? Like more details on their relations, their past and so on. Doesn't Rogue get Shadow Magic initially?

And if there is a relation between BIT and Rabbit? (Flavor wise)
The Cool Cucumbers
The Cool Cucumbers
Mafia Scum
The Cool Cucumbers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5404 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:27 am

Post by The Cool Cucumbers »

@mod: Would a roleblock prevent a selfcommuter from triggering, assuming it's something they need to activate?

Just want to know if we can identify where one of those roleblocks could have possibly went without compromising anyone livings role. I mean, as far as I can tell there was no actual reason for EP to not just commute every night(except for those where he goes on an adventure, I guess? need more information about how those two things would interact).

Flum: night naturally happened over the weekend, when I actually had time to play(kinda), so I'm somewhat limited in my ability to do things here. Was there anything in particular you wanted me to address, so I can prioritize it? Or was this just you expressing a desire to see more of my thoughts so you could solidify your read, regardless of what they're on? If the latter, you'll hopefully get at least some thoughts later on.

DP, Yos: Please tell me you have some other thoughts on our slot than "They pushed for a double lynch which actually DID include a scum slot, but without an apparent vig shot wouldn't have even been able to gain any of the benefit of bussing a member of their own team to offset the negatives of blatantly working to organize a pro-town situation which happened to get a town slot, one which was widely scum read and at great risk of being lynched for most of the day, and thus didn't actually need any work on the part of scum!them to hang. Oh, and one head wants to reevaluate the game and their reads after seeing 3 flips, including one scum."

Also please tell me if I'm misrepresenting what you guys have said, because that's the only thing I've noticed said about us, but it's been a super long game and I could have easily missed other points you may have made, I'll address things as soon as I'm able.

I'll attempt to actually figure out what's going on when I get home. The wagons up to 4325 were pure(that is, do not appear to have been influenced by the prospect of sensei's double lynch), and there was a lot of movement between and . I need to look through those posts in particular and determine what part of that wagon came before any pushing towards a double lynch came up. Those individuals who first moved to MP in the face of the easy cooldog wagon are ones I'm inclined to flag as tentatively town, but I need to figure out when they stopped making their own moves, and just started sheeping/following my directions.

-Cerb
The Cool Cucumbers
The Cool Cucumbers
Mafia Scum
The Cool Cucumbers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5405 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:36 am

Oh, and a thought that I had while reading: DS, why didn't you claim ascetic D1 again? It's...one of those things that's negative utility for town, and positive utility for scum. As such, town should pretty much always claim it before risking any of towns night actions get wasted, ESPECIALLY when they know people are suspicious of them.

-Cerb
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #5406 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:42 am

Post by Varsoon »

You should probably bold questions when you ask me, otherwise I may miss them, but:

Blue and Rouge are both mages from the Magic Kingdom who are tasked with mastering all of the magic in the various Realms.
Blue has the specific mission of mastering these magics and killing his brother, Rouge.
Since you don't play as Rouge, it's unclear if Rouge also has the goal of killing Blue, but it can be assumed.
Most other players can recruit Rouge, who is probably the best human character in the game due to his Gift for Realm magic and his great stat growth.
No player can recruit Blue. Red gets the option, but when he explains that his name is Red, Blue kicks him out of his room (because Red is similar to Rouge, get it?). Blue is a bit of a cynical character, who only sees others as valuable tools rather than actual allies. Rouge, on the other hand, seems to lack the aggression and cynicism that Blue has.
When you play Blue's story, you must travel from realm to realm to learn various 'Gifts' for different schools of magic.
Every school of magic has an opposed school of magic and you can never learn the Gift for both. They are;
Realm and Mystic
Shadow and Light
Arcane and Rune
Time and Space
There are other magical schools that exist, such as Mind, Evil, Mirage, and Life, but these do not matter for Blue's quest.
Every time Blue learns the Gift for one type of Magic, Rouge will eventually learn the opposing type. So if you decide to learn Shadow Magic in the game, Rouge will decide to learn Light Magic. Once you have the Gift for Realm, Shadow/Light, Arcane/Rune, and Time/Space, you duel Rouge to the death. Upon winning, Blue absorbs Rouge and is capable of having the Gift for every type of magic. If you lose, you continue play as Rouge.

Rouge does not get Shadow Magic initially. Both Rouge and Blue start with Realm magic and can travel about to obtain the other 'Gifts'.
In SaGa Frontier, you can cast magic from a school if you don't have the Gift, but you need the Gift to learn and cast the more powerful spells.
If you ever get the Gift for one school, you have to give up all magic you have from its opposing school.
Mecs and Monsters can't learn magic, but Mystics and Humans can.

Rabbit is probably the strongest Mec character in the game (besides T260G, of course). Rabbit has unique access to a Bit system, which fires little satellite bit things that float around and shoot his enemies with lasers. His move, SatelliteLinker, is one of the more powerful moves that a Mec can get.
Rabbit only joins Red's storyline, as it turns out that Rabbit is an agent of IRPO searching for the Black X drug factory in Kyo. It's unfortunate that more characters can't recruit Rabbit, because he's very powerful and his SatelliteLinker ability can make quick work of bosses.

A roleblock would not affect Silence's role. Commuting happens before every action in NAR except for role-copying.
Last edited by Varsoon on Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Drunken Pirates
Drunken Pirates
Mafia Scum
Drunken Pirates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5407 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:47 am

Post by Drunken Pirates »

In post 5404, The Cool Cucumbers wrote:DP, Yos: Please tell me you have some other thoughts on our slot than "They pushed for a double lynch which actually DID include a scum slot, but without an apparent vig shot wouldn't have even been able to gain any of the benefit of bussing a member of their own team to offset the negatives of blatantly working to organize a pro-town situation which happened to get a town slot, one which was widely scum read and at great risk of being lynched for most of the day, and thus didn't actually need any work on the part of scum!them to hang. Oh, and one head wants to reevaluate the game and their reads after seeing 3 flips, including one scum."

this literally has nothing to do with why I am scumreading you.
The Cool Cucumbers
The Cool Cucumbers
Mafia Scum
The Cool Cucumbers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5408 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:57 am

In post 5407, Drunken Pirates wrote:
In post 5404, The Cool Cucumbers wrote:DP, Yos: Please tell me you have some other thoughts on our slot than "They pushed for a double lynch which actually DID include a scum slot, but without an apparent vig shot wouldn't have even been able to gain any of the benefit of bussing a member of their own team to offset the negatives of blatantly working to organize a pro-town situation which happened to get a town slot, one which was widely scum read and at great risk of being lynched for most of the day, and thus didn't actually need any work on the part of scum!them to hang.
Oh, and one head wants to reevaluate the game and their reads after seeing 3 flips, including one scum.
"

Cool, cause those are really bad reasons and the only ones I've seen articulated. Although, you must forgive me for thinking the bolded was related, given that you questioned wgeurts in about his statement that he's going to get some real reads out, and then voted us.

-Cerb
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #5409 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:57 am

Post by Varsoon »

Also, yes, Silence's Commute would prevent him from receiving Adventure rewards because he technically is removed from the game and rewards are given at the end of the night phase for players still in the game.
Drunken Pirates
Drunken Pirates
Mafia Scum
Drunken Pirates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5410 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:00 am

In post 5408, The Cool Cucumbers wrote:
In post 5407, Drunken Pirates wrote:
In post 5404, The Cool Cucumbers wrote:DP, Yos: Please tell me you have some other thoughts on our slot than "They pushed for a double lynch which actually DID include a scum slot, but without an apparent vig shot wouldn't have even been able to gain any of the benefit of bussing a member of their own team to offset the negatives of blatantly working to organize a pro-town situation which happened to get a town slot, one which was widely scum read and at great risk of being lynched for most of the day, and thus didn't actually need any work on the part of scum!them to hang.
Oh, and one head wants to reevaluate the game and their reads after seeing 3 flips, including one scum.
"

Cool, cause those are really bad reasons and the only ones I've seen articulated. Although, you must forgive me for thinking the bolded was related, given that you questioned wgeurts in about his statement that he's going to get some real reads out, and then voted us.

-Cerb

sure

is there a question in there somewhere?
The Cool Cucumbers
The Cool Cucumbers
Mafia Scum
The Cool Cucumbers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5411 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:02 am

Thanks Varsoon! So, umm, yeah. EP shouldn't have died last night? Maybe he misunderstood his role and thought if he commuted his posting restriction wouldn't be lifted? Weird.

-Cerb

pedit: I asked the question in the original post, right below the part you quoted? I said if I was misrepresenting you, to correct me(which you did), and though I didn't explicitly say so, implied in that was a desire for you to tell us why you're scumreading us, since it seems I completely misunderstood you.
Rylai and Lina
Rylai and Lina
Mafia Scum
Rylai and Lina
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5412 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:05 am

Post by Rylai and Lina »

In post 5411, The Cool Cucumbers wrote:Thanks Varsoon! So, umm, yeah. EP shouldn't have died last night? Maybe he misunderstood his role and thought if he commuted his posting restriction wouldn't be lifted? Weird.

:

Varsoon wrote:
Also, yes, Silence's Commute would prevent him from receiving Adventure rewards because he technically is removed from the game and rewards are given at the end of the night phase for players still in the game.

~Rylai
Hydra of Frozen Angel and Shiro
Shiro=Lina
Frozen Angel=Rylai
Shiro
Shiro
Jack of All Trades
Shiro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5413 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:08 am

Post by Shiro »

In post 5406, Varsoon wrote:

Rabbit is probably the strongest Mec character in the game (besides T260G, of course). Rabbit has unique access to a Bit system, which fires little satellite bit things that float around and shoot his enemies with lasers. His move, SatelliteLinker, is one of the more powerful moves that a Mec can get.
Rabbit only joins Red's storyline, as it turns out that Rabbit is an agent of IRPO searching for the Black X drug factory in Kyo. It's unfortunate that more characters can't recruit Rabbit, because he's very powerful and his SatelliteLinker ability can make quick work of bosses.

O_O The wiki page did not betray that. I thought he was a simple mech O_O
The Cool Cucumbers
The Cool Cucumbers
Mafia Scum
The Cool Cucumbers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5414 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:10 am

Wait what why are you voting us pirates?
I'm still reading up but Cerb just mentioned this to me.
The Cool Cucumbers
The Cool Cucumbers
Mafia Scum
The Cool Cucumbers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5415 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:11 am

Hmm. actually, given that MP changed from 3 man lylo auto-win into strongman+5x roleblock(and if I recall previous games correctly, varsoon allows a single slot to both send in a factional kill and perform a single action), it was well worth scums time to let him get lynched, coupled with the (as displayed by sentiments after he made his lynchproof claim) auto-clear some were inclined to give him on the basis of thinking lynchproof was too strong for scum. There might be a lot less value in the MP wagon than I'd originally hoped to find. :-/

-Cerb
Drunken Pirates
Drunken Pirates
Mafia Scum
Drunken Pirates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5416 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:11 am

okay.

I think your reads are manufactured as fuck and lack any follow up behind them.

for instance, you had dgb as scum but did nothing with that read, nor are you doing anything that remotely looks like you are reconsidering that read except to say "I am reconsidering all of my reads" and then gogurt disappears and we have to sit around and wait for more limp wristed wall reads in large font that apparently don't mean anything at all.

thats why I think you are scum. convince me otherwise I am all ears.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #5417 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:15 am

Post by Varsoon »

In post 5413, Shiro wrote:
O_O The wiki page did not betray that. I thought he was a simple mech O_O

I mentioned this before, but the wiki page for the game is very sparse and sometimes incorrect.
I've put over 500 hours into the game, read all the info online, and own both the books published for the game.
If you have flavor/game questions, it's honestly better to just ask me.
The Cool Cucumbers
The Cool Cucumbers
Mafia Scum
The Cool Cucumbers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5418 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:18 am

I've literally said I'm busy as hell right now and am reviewing all my reads.
Also pushing DGB is definitely something I'll be doing, she has failed to respond to literally everything I mentioned on her and I don't like it. When I say I will give posts I will, life however is being a pain in the ass and I'm not going to let you scum read us for that. Give us a few days to get our stuff back together, I know cerb hasn't got much time on his hand right now either.
I can guarantee this is about to change.
~wgeurts
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #5419 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:22 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

In post 5381, Drunken Pirates wrote:yoyo I just want you to know that you freak me out.

I said towards the end of the day yesterday that CC looks suspicious. Not like I'm just sheeping you.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #5420 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:29 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

In post 5404, The Cool Cucumbers wrote:

DP, Yos: Please tell me you have some other thoughts on our slot than "They pushed for a double lynch which actually DID include a scum slot, but without an apparent vig shot wouldn't have even been able to gain any of the benefit of bussing a member of their own team to offset the negatives of blatantly working to organize a pro-town situation which happened to get a town slot, one which was widely scum read and at great risk of being lynched for most of the day, and thus didn't actually need any work on the part of scum!them to hang. Oh, and one head wants to reevaluate the game and their reads after seeing 3 flips, including one scum."

Yes you helped lynch max, but if max's buddies knew he was lynchproof that's not much of a town tell.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
The Cool Cucumbers
The Cool Cucumbers
Mafia Scum
The Cool Cucumbers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5421 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:32 am

Cool. Is that mostly at wgeurts, or is that both of us? Cause I think our answers are going to be very different. :p

Well, I'll answer for me: If it were just me playing the slot, I wouldn't have even given you any reads on D1. Like fuck off, stop asking about it, would have been my response. Since I'm sharing it with wgeurts, I sheeped his reads, and we pushed the fuck out of the one actual strong scum read he had on a slot that actually had an ISo worth a damn, Sensei. Which was wrong, but you can't say we're just...leaving our reads lying around. I repeatedly said I'd be quite happy with pivoting the wagon over to zulfy or DGB if it seemed feasible to do so...I mean, can you suggest one reason why scum!us, if we were in the business of manufacturing reads, wouldn't have got around to Cooldogs way earlier in the day to give us an excuse to hop onto that wagon while it was hot? IDK, maybe you can, but I can't. You were even doing all the hard work for scum!us, so all we'd need is to put some time into seeing what looked scummy to you, agree with you, and followed suit. *shrug*

-Cerb

pedit: oh look, wgeurts responded too. Cool. Yosarian, pending a reread and isoing, I really have you as pretty likely to be town, but it does concern me a bit that you made your pushing of our slot yesterday contingent upon the flip of cooldog(Actually, to be precise, I think DP made it contingent upon cooldogs flip, and then yosarian agreed somewhat, but i'd need to double check if he just said "yeah, they're suspicious," or if he said "yeah, if cooldog flips town, they're suspicious." i get that MP wasn't expected to flip, but it screams convenience ya know? Then, after MP does flip, and you have the opportunity to evaluate *both* lynches, you guys...just don't. I get that bussing is a thing, and MP's role was such that getting lynched gave his slot more raw power throughout the game, but the complete disregard for that concerns me. Yes, I was happy getting two people rather than one yesterday, yes one flipped town, yes one flipped scum, why are you both playing as though we were the architects behind a D1 mislynch when we weren't even the ones screaming "CoolDog is scum!"?

It confuses and worries me.

peditx2: Agreed. So you're saying you believe scum us decided it was better to expose ourselves in a blatant push to try to get two lynches, in order to trigger maxwells lynchproof, rather than just taking the easy single mislynch offered? It's not unreasonable, I just want to be certain that's the line you're saying you believe we took.
The Cool Cucumbers
The Cool Cucumbers
Mafia Scum
The Cool Cucumbers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5422 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:34 am

Cuz, I mean, if that's the line you believe we took, i don't think there's any real point to actually discussing that whole sequence of events with you. It's certainly plausible, and as such I'll just let you decide whether it's what you believe happened or not. There's little in the way of logical flaws in that thought. :)

-Cerb
Drunken Pirates
Drunken Pirates
Mafia Scum
Drunken Pirates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5423 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:39 am

In post 5419, Yosarian2 wrote:
In post 5381, Drunken Pirates wrote:yoyo I just want you to know that you freak me out.

I said towards the end of the day yesterday that CC looks suspicious. Not like I'm just sheeping you.

if you ever actually sheeped me in a game I wld faint
Drunken Pirates
Drunken Pirates
Mafia Scum
Drunken Pirates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5424 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:43 am

Albert B. Rampage (1): FIRE
Yosarian2 (1): FIRE

what is this about